The Wave to turn into Incredibles Steakhouse?

Diz Bee

Mouseketeer
Please please for the love of all things Disney, say this isn’t really a thing! The Wave is awesome and delicious! It’s one of the last quiet restaurants with amazing service, delicious food, great vegetarian and vegan options and moderate prices! Why?

Please please for the love of all things Disney, say this isn’t really a thing! The Wave is awesome and delicious! It’s one of the last quiet restaurants with amazing service, delicious food, great vegetarian and vegan options and moderate prices! Why?

probably because it is quiet and has moderate prices ... why do that when you can double the price and get more people crammed in there?

I’d be curious as to the foot traffic it gets due to its location. I’ve enjoyed most meals there, and Pete has raved about their breakfast on the dining show. Only reason I see a change happening is because of up charging for a character meal, and to increase foot traffic if it’s currently low.

A thought on this in addition: are there any resorts currently with 2 different character meals? I can’t think of any off the top of my head

I sure hope not. The Wave Lounge is one of the last quiet places in Disney. It is not uncommon for us to leave MK in mid afternoon and walk over to the Contemporary and sit in The Wave Lounge for a bit and have a drink. I'm sure it would be affected as well.

Not to mention that Contemporary is still a major location for conventions and meetings. I can’t see California Grille being the only adult option for meeting go-ers to have dinner at the hotel.
There’s been weak rumors from time to time of the convention center being knocked down and more rooms being added on. From what I’ve heard, and this could be off base, is that it’s kinda an outdated facility (built in the early 90s I believe) and isn’t the most trafficked spot on property.

Given the decor in that space, it wouldn't be difficult to just make it "Incredible" a couple of nights each week. Adding some retractable artwork, extra lighting effects and different music should do it. That way, it would still be available for the convention visitors and those not interested in character dining.

I can’t see this happening... this would remove an option for a standard ts at one of disneys deluxe hotels. Disney wants their deluxe hotels to have a variety of options for dining so they spend more money at the hotel. Contemporary has a deluxe: Cali grill, a character meal: chef mickeys, a qs/ grab n go:contempo, and a mid range ts: the wave... putting a second character meal there wld cannibalize chef mickeys and degrade the guest experience at one of the priciest resorts... an incredibles meal would be great, but not at the wave

How about Disney showing some "big kid love" and instead of a character breakfast create a refuge for us big Disney kids. Would love to see it turned into an "adults only" bar and grille! We love our kiddos but sometimes you just need a break.

Yup...
Character meal... steakhouse.
Which means they upcharge the heck out of it. The space will be loud and the service becomes secondary. Sounds great.

We don't do sit downs at Disney much at all, other than a couple special meals like ohana or character meals. Overall they are all over priced and we fine the QS to be fine.

Just got back from lunch at The Wave. I'll post my dining review later <https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-wave-is-it-waving-goodbye.3753521/>.

First, the staff is aware of the rumor. They cited the source of the website, but did not confirm any changeover to a steakhouse and/or Incredibles related theme at this time. They seemed to indicate they were also surprised by the rumor as they claimed they did not hear a peep; I presume this is SOP.

The source did state that an update/refresh/re-theme would likely not occur until after the upcoming holiday season. In addition, they indicated that the eatery is 11 years old and is due for some sort of change. My personal take is that the carpet needs a replacement, but not sure holistic changes are warranted.

I can share that The Wave was practically empty and even some support CM's were sent home. This is also the 3rd day in a row that the lunch time frame was near empty per my source(s). We discussed if this is a direct effect of SWGE or something else.

Anyway, I'll give more details on my/our thoughts on the upcoming dining review.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!