The Wave to turn into Incredibles Steakhouse?

That better only be a rumor, because my mom and I have been wanting to go there for a couple years now and plan on going there Feb. (didn't get a chance to on our past trips). That'd be horrible timing lol

I heard from several CM's on my last visit there that a change is forthcoming after this holiday season. As to what that entails and the impact on a closure, I have no clue.

I was told that there was some plan to change the theme as part of the Incredibles redesign, but no reliable info.

Disney loses no opportunity to tell us we are getting too old to visit: even with the grandchildren. I can see that Marvel and the Incredibles-type IP is the future but I find them irritating and inane: particularly the spoof Norse mythology of Avengers. But love the raccoon. Has there ever been a more ridiculous movie than Infinity War? That's time spent watching a movie on the cruise ships that I won't get back! Sorry, grumpy old man syndrome? I appreciate Disney has to find future markets for survival. We are the past, move along. Well, that will save me lots of money! As it happens, The Wave is always the first ADR we make each trip: there is one in place for next February but if it goes steakhouse and Incredibles that's one cancellation!!

Disney loses no opportunity to tell us we are getting too old to visit: even with the grandchildren. I can see that Marvel and the Incredibles-type IP is the future but I find them irritating and inane: particularly the spoof Norse mythology of Avengers. But love the raccoon. Has there ever been a more ridiculous movie than Infinity War? That's time spent watching a movie on the cruise ships that I won't get back! Sorry, grumpy old man syndrome? I appreciate Disney has to find future markets for survival. We are the past, move along. Well, that will save me lots of money! As it happens, The Wave is always the first ADR we make each trip: there is one in place for next February but if it goes steakhouse and Incredibles that's one cancellation!!

Maybe I’m wrong here but I’m guessing you haven’t seen many of the other films other then Infinity War? Because if so that’s part of your problem. Infinity War and Endgame are NOT to be viewed without prior knowledge of the other MCU movies. Can you? Sure but that’s almost the equivalent of opening the book to the climax and expecting to know what the heck is going on without having read 80 percent of the book beforehand. Its a universe not a stand alone movie. And in particular IW and Endgame are the conclusion of a twenty plus movie build up.

On topic, never been to the Wave so I’m curious about the idea but not sure if changing IP would make me go there.

I firmly believe that DIsney is no different than any other business. It needs to balance the "old" with the "new" or it will be left twisting in the wind. I have no opinion in regards to making changes at the Wave because it is not a restaurant I go out of my way to visit, but I bet that is part of it's problem. It is a nice respite for folks staying at the CR but there are not enough of them to keep it afloat. So what to do? Tough it out? Add another old school character meal and take a chance it will pull revenue from the ones already in place? Or maybe add to the newer model that seems to be working out, a more traditional TS restaurant with characters that are not readily found elsewhere?

This change was applied at Artist Point, and while it upset folks who loved that restaurant as it was, I believe the change made a world of difference to a restaurant that was not meeting any sort of metric that would keep it open. I ws not privy to any of the decision making behind the scenes at AP and have no idea what is sparking this rumor at The Wave, but if given a choice of making a change or closing, I vote try a change.

I also understand the resistance to the Marvel etc additions but I am not supportive of the "because I don't get it, it should not happen" mindset. There is plenty of old school familiar Disney to choose from, and if teh change here does take place, I imagine it will be somewhat like BOG and AP, traditional meets character, which is a kind on happy balance.

Of course I fully understand the need for change to find new markets. Disney is facing a changing market where teens and twenty somethings are touring without kids and teens in families want more. Their tastes are the future and there is no denying the popularity of these new franchises: it is a pity so much of the new films feature gratuitous violence: where people miraculously spring up from being shot, etc. The competition from Universal is key in these markets, and Disney will have to respond. I bet Disney regrets missing out on Harry Potter?

I don't personally find these changes attractive and it is not nice to recognise one is being left behind left behind:-) . As maybe you can tell the threat to the Wave just touched a nerve like the rumours re Tiki room and Country Bear did with many others. And I had only just got over the resort parking charges:goodvibes

There's already a character meal there. Seems pointless to add another. Improve on the one you do have there, Disney.
Oh gosh yes, Chef Mickey's is horrible. I'll go see Mickey nearly anyplace else, thought the food was so bad. But I'd be interested seeing the Incredibles at the Wave, that would be a big draw for me. Maybe they only do it for one meal and leave it alone for all of the fans the rest of the time. I'll be at the Contemporary for Easter, so will plan to do ADRs at most of the in resort restaurants (except Chef Mickey's!) to check them out; maybe there will be more info by then - or the changes will have already been made and I'll come back with a report.

Oh gosh yes, Chef Mickey's is horrible. I'll go see Mickey nearly anyplace else, thought the food was so bad. But I'd be interested seeing the Incredibles at the Wave, that would be a big draw for me. Maybe they only do it for one meal and leave it alone for all of the fans the rest of the time. I'll be at the Contemporary for Easter, so will plan to do ADRs at most of the in resort restaurants (except Chef Mickey's!) to check them out; maybe there will be more info by then - or the changes will have already been made and I'll come back with a report.
Regardless, Chef Mickey packs people in year round. It's not going anywhere.

The Marvel Universe has actually been around for a while. It started in 1939 and while it has gone through a few different names, it has never been another company until Disney acquired it. I only mention this because I think that some see Marvel as something new created for kids.

I do think it would a shame to see The Wave turned into a character experience though. Every "nicer" hotel really should have a quieter, more adult venue IMO.

So they're gutting rooms at CR to go with an Incredibles theme. Do we think this rumor still has legs? Would they make a restaurant AND rooms Incredibles themed?

a certain wdw news website reported this a few weeks ago, but that site has recently ran some very dubious claims

So they're gutting rooms at CR to go with an Incredibles theme. Do we think this rumor still has legs? Would they make a restaurant AND rooms Incredibles themed?
Not necessarily. The theming on the outside has reportedly been removed now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter