The Wave to turn into Incredibles Steakhouse?

I can share that The Wave was practically empty and even some support CM's were sent home. This is also the 3rd day in a row that the lunch time frame was near empty per my source(s). We discussed if this is a direct effect of SWGE or something else.

Maybe it's just empty because it's lunchtime at a resort? I've been there a few times for breakfast and dinner, and there were always lots of people dining, although it wasn't overcrowded.

The Wave was one of the worst meals I have ever had. Overly expensive and terrible portion sizes. Wouldn't be sad one bit to see it leave.
Sorry for your loss. A lot of people I know love it.
But I’m sure a steakhouse meet and greet will solve it. You thought the Wave was expensive just wait for up charges beyond your imagination. $75 cuts of mediocre and 15 dollar sides of mashed potatoes. Don’t believe me, go book a rez at Kona and see what they did over there... and that’s not even a character meal!

...and you’re going to get the smooth calm sounds of the Incredibles with your gold plated meal? Lovely romantic quiet dinner atmosphere with Frozone and the gang! Lol!

Sorry for your loss. A lot of people I know love it.
But I’m sure a steakhouse meet and greet will solve it. You thought the Wave was expensive just wait for up charges beyond your imagination. $75 cuts of mediocre and 15 dollar sides of mashed potatoes. Don’t believe me, go book a rez at Kona and see what they did over there... and that’s not even a character meal!
What happened over at Kona?

Kona... was great but not anymore. Another new chef (I believe this chef change is the 2nd in the last 3 years), another new menu change, and new prices that are ridiculous for horrible food.
$29 sushi roll that tastes worse than a roll at a supermarket and it would be $12 anywhere else and, all side dishes come at an additional cost.
I’m afraid if this is the bar they set for Kona, the Incredibles Steakhouse doesn’t stand a chance.

I can share that The Wave was practically empty and even some support CM's were sent home. This is also the 3rd day in a row that the lunchtime frame was near empty per my source(s). We discussed if this is a direct effect of SWGE or something else.

With what changing Artist Point did for the revenue I can see them perhaps changing to something like AP Storybook Dinner Incredibles would be a good fit.

Kae

Darn, and another hidden gem falls by the wayside. I loved to get breakfast here and walk over to MK. It makes sense though, it was never that busy. But that's what made it so great.

Maybe it's just empty because it's lunchtime at a resort? I've been there a few times for breakfast and dinner, and there were always lots of people dining, although it wasn't overcrowded.

Very possible as the server mentioned that breakfast had been very busy of late. I posted a more in-depth review on the Dining forum.

Very possible as the server mentioned that breakfast had been very busy of late. I posted a more in-depth review on the Dining forum.
Their breakfast has gotten really rave reviews as of late (I know Pete for one has praised it a lot). I really don’t see why this is warranted, though I’m also not privy to the spreadsheets

I can’t see this happening... this would remove an option for a standard ts at one of disneys deluxe hotels. Disney wants their deluxe hotels to have a variety of options for dining so they spend more money at the hotel. Contemporary has a deluxe: Cali grill, a character meal: chef mickeys, a qs/ grab n go:contempo, and a mid range ts: the wave... putting a second character meal there wld cannibalize chef mickeys and degrade the guest experience at one of the priciest resorts... an incredibles meal would be great, but not at the wave
So with all of those negatives it's almost a guarantee that it will happen. lol Disney doesn't seem to do much of anything that makes any sense these days.

Disney's answer to any low census seems to be "add characters and they will come". Frankly, I cannot understand the throw the baby out with the bathwater mentality, but that also seems to be the process.I have never dined at the Wave, but I remember the old Concourse Steakhouse. It was a favorite dinner destination for my family. The food was good, the atmosphere was busy.

The Wave seems to always get good reviews for food quality and for price, so it stands to reason Disney would change it. Frankly, if lunch is not profitable, I would prefer they remove it and keep breakfast and dinner, just as many other resort restaurants do, rather than a major upheaval, with characters and the chaos that often ensues with a character meal. As much as I enjoy a character meal, I also want the option of a decent TS meal at my resort without the cost and commotion a character meal brings along with it.

...and you’re going to get the smooth calm sounds of the Incredibles with your gold plated meal? Lovely romantic quiet dinner atmosphere with Frozone and the gang! Lol!

Lovely romantic quiet dinner atmosphere is not really what most of us are there for though. I would hazard neither are maybe 90-95% of the other guests at Disney. If that's what I'm looking for, I get a sitter and go somewhere with my husband one of the other 355 nights I'm not at Disneyworld. If that's what you're looking for, go eat off site. Plenty of great restaurants where you won't be bothered by Disney theming.

Also these topics are also hilarious to me, when Disney tries to add more Disney to Disney.

More Disney, OH NO, how DARE THEY?

Why do y'all even GO?

Lovely romantic quiet dinner atmosphere is not really what most of us are there for though. I would hazard neither are maybe 90-95% of the other guests at Disney. If that's what I'm looking for, I get a sitter and go somewhere with my husband one of the other 355 nights I'm not at Disneyworld. If that's what you're looking for, go eat off site. Plenty of great restaurants where you won't be bothered by Disney theming.

Also these topics are also hilarious to me, when Disney tries to add more Disney to Disney.

Why do y'all even GO?

I love WDW and enjoy character meals, meet and greets, disney music playing nonstop. I enjoy the parks, the attractions, and get all gussied up in my Disney ears, shirts, shorts and even shoes.
I do not think that every meal in every resort and park should include a character. Balance.

Why do y'all even GO?
I suspect you're wrong.

Disney is popular for all generations these days. Many of those are couples of a very wide range of age groups.

Just look in the resort bars, usually full of couples.

Admittedly Disney does already have several restaurants to cover those people so perhaps they think they can cover those guest requirements with one less adult targeted restaurant.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one....I do love the Wave..It's definitely a hidden gem for sure...Great food and great service, at a decent price. Although the 4 times we've eaten here (Dinner) it's never been completely filled, but was 75% of capacity...Still fine in my book, but for Disney...Not so much....Honestly I enjoy that part of it...Now on the other hand an Incredible's themed meal, would be different, but as a PP stated, not so much at a resort that already has one:confused3

I'm kinda on the fence with this one....I do love the Wave..It's definitely a hidden gem for sure...Great food and great service, at a decent price. Although the 4 times we've eaten here (Dinner) it's never been completely filled, but was 75% of capacity...Still fine in my book, but for Disney...Not so much....Honestly I enjoy that part of it...Now on the other hand an Incredible's themed meal, would be different, but as a PP stated, not so much at a resort that already has one:confused3

If Spice Road Table is still open despite getting no one through its doors, the Wave should be fine.

We love the Wave for breakfast, always our last meal before hitting the road for home. Had dinner there once and to be honest, we were underwhelmed. I'm sure Disney will do something to the Wave, just not convinced another character meal is the solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter