The Wave to turn into Incredibles Steakhouse?

Restaurant + character actor on $15 per hour= massive profits.
Well, lets put it this way.... For our upcoming trip, we originally had The wave as one of our ADR;s.
Then I found out about the DVC special dinner/fireworks show, and basically paid a little more $$ for this, which I normally wouldn't have done. It comes to $288 total I believe for the 4 of us, which I know we wouldn't have spent... EDIT: So just by doing this, they already upped their profit. :confused3

Hm. All I can think about is losing my favorite breakfast buffet. I like characters and all, but characters for breakfast will just make it harder to get into and drive up the prices.

How about Disney showing some "big kid love" and instead of a character breakfast create a refuge for us big Disney kids. Would love to see it turned into an "adults only" bar and grille! We love our kiddos but sometimes you just need a break.
Yes, sounds great!

:D

I suspect you're wrong.

Disney is popular for all generations these days. Many of those are couples of a very wide range of age groups.

Just look in the resort bars, usually full of couples.

Admittedly Disney does already have several restaurants to cover those people so perhaps they think they can cover those guest requirements with one less adult targeted restaurant.

Plus they are adding the restaurant at the new Gran Destino Tower and are building the new high end Japanese steakhouse ... Disney needs both: things for families and things for couples and some of the new offerings are more adult positioned so changing this one could balance that.

And makes sense to add more character meals to the monorail loop (though, for he one resort that has conference room space you would think would want more options for convention goers)

Can someone remind me what the wave was before it was the wave?

The Ripple! No seriously, from waltdatedworld.com:

Fiesta Fun Center: Originally used as exhibit space for conventions, this giant arcade had many mechanical games, such as themed shooting galleries, an auto racing game that used plastic overlays, skee ball, and video games. There was also a theater for watching Disney films. There was also a snack bar that was open 24 hours a day. This area was then known as the Food and Fun Center and the movie theater was removed. The area became a restaurant/bar called The Wave on June 7, 2008 and later became known as The Wave...of American Flavors starting in early 2010. The arcade area moved to the Grand Canyon Concourse and guests looking for a snack can go to the Contempo Cafe.

They consistently have availability so I can see why this idea would be on the table. When I went in November it was maybe half full at dinner (granted we ate pretty early but there is rarely a lull at the character meals we go to)

If the food quality could still be good (thinking Storybook as opposed to H&V) I would be all for it. The theming at the Wave is nothing to write home about.

Have been there for Breakfast(In March) and then for dinner ( Last Thursday before After Hours at MK) and both meals were excellent. The dinner was beyond expectations for the price , service was impeccable, and every dish at the table of 8 was absolutely perfect. I wouldnt have any issue eating there again. in fact, I felt the food was better than Cali Grill and outside of Citricos ( I dont count V&A because its a different level), the Wave may have the best choice for a quiet meal at any of the monorail restaurants. If they turn it into a character circus that will be disappointing.

Thinking about this, maybe they could do something that it Incredibles themed but not quite a "Character Meal" - maybe like a small show of some kind? I don't know, just thinking out loud. I feel like they don't need a second character meal at the Contemporary. For anyone wondering why this is even a rumor, the Contemporary fits very well into the futuristic 1960's of the Incredibles' world, so it makes some amount of sense.

Have been there for Breakfast(In March) and then for dinner ( Last Thursday before After Hours at MK) and both meals were excellent. The dinner was beyond expectations for the price , service was impeccable, and every dish at the table of 8 was absolutely perfect. I wouldnt have any issue eating there again. in fact, I felt the food was better than Cali Grill and outside of Citricos ( I dont count V&A because its a different level), the Wave may have the best choice for a quiet meal at any of the monorail restaurants. If they turn it into a character circus that will be disappointing.

I agree 100%. I'm going back in a few weeks just to try the Bacon and Eggs appetizer in the lounge.

Please please for the love of all things Disney, say this isn’t really a thing! The Wave is awesome and delicious! It’s one of the last quiet restaurants with amazing service, delicious food, great vegetarian and vegan options and moderate prices! Why?
NOOOOOO!! Please say it ain't so.

Of course, it could have been a bad day, but the time I went there it wasn't incredible. No pun intended.

I wouldn't say I'd want a character meal, but I would definitely be down for a Incredible's themed restaurant aimed for adults, especially if it had the architecture style of the films. I think it would be interesting if the dining area was reminiscent of the 50's style home, but the bar areas to be aimed for the class, sleek, and technological design of the superhero lair type of ordeal.

If the areas were switched, meaning you get to the dining area, before the bar, it would even be a good set up to have the two divided, a barrier, and have to do something in order for the door, or gateway to open in order to gain access into the bar area. To hype up the superhero vibe.

The steak house idea I like. The Character meal, not so much. Maybe just have the waitstaff dress up.

The steak house idea I like. The Character meal, not so much. Maybe just have the waitstaff dress up.

I think they should do it like an Incredibles "experience" that isn't like a character meal. Maybe like a large 3-D digital screen, that occasionally a villain will pop, and the Incredibles will jump in and grab him. Something real quick, you know, that happens every so often. Think like Trader Sam's and the events that happen when you order drinks. Hmmm...now that I think about it, how about Incredibles Tiki-style mugs that trigger scenes? Disney, are you paying attention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter