The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

BarryS

Mouseketeer
Welcome to Part 4 of The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread!

Hat tip to all those who started these threads and kept them going:
Lisa0620, SparKeLLy, vettechick99, donaldduck352, Disfan15, Cdn Gal, and many more!

Here are the links to the old threads (I highly recommend reading at least the first post on each):

Part 1

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937

Part 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Here are the links to some other useful threads:

Bonnet Creek Photos
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward
https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...n-please-read-first-post-for-details.3754096/

I've personally stayed at WBC twice and will be staying there again in July 2015. My family and I love it!

Here is some general information about the resort (copied from the previous threads - thanks again!):

Address:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Map View
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46103273&postcount=3524

What/Where is Bonnet Creek?
Bonnet Creek Resort is a 70-acre area located in the southeast corner of Walt Disney World. It is not owned by Disney, but is bordered on three sides by Disney-owned land. The entrance is located just east of the entrance to Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort. The concept was to set up a cluster of luxury hotels. There is currently a Wyndham timeshare resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the focus of this thread), the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek complex, and an 18 hole golf course.

How do I make a reservation at Bonnet Creek?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort. You can rent units from Wyndham timeshare owners. People on this thread have had luck with rentals from ebay, through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, through Vacation Strategy www.vacationstrategy.com, Farrell's Vacations, and others.

The best price is available when you book within 60 days of your trip. If you make a reservation through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, he will automatically check at the 60-day point if there is still availability and rebook you at the lower rate.

Vacation Strategy has an excellent cancellation policy (which is why I've used them personally).

You can also reserve online through Wyndham, but if you reserve through Wyndham, you will be paying much more than what you would pay renting from an owner.
wyndhambonnetcreek.com or call: 800-610-9558

Is there a parking fee at the resort?
Parking is free at Bonnet Creek but you will have to pay to park at the theme parks.

Is there a shuttle from the airport to the resort?
No, a rental car is recommended.

Can we walk to the Caribbean Beach Resort and use their transportation?
No, although the resorts are next to each other, there is no safe walking path between them.

Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to the parks and Downtown Disney?
Yes, there is a shuttle. It used to be free, but now there is a charge for it. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. If you use the ‘Search This Thread’ feature there are several shuttle schedules posted on this thread and the old ones. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car.

What is included with the units?
A kitchen with full sized appliances, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, TV and DVD in the living room, TV’s in each bedroom (flat screens only in the newer buildings.)

The closet of the master bedroom contains a wall safe, which might fit a smaller laptop.

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Is there daily maid service?
No. You can request a cleaning during your stay for a fee, but it is not otherwise provided. You are expected to wash your own towels during your stay. (There are towels provided at the pool for swimming.) There will be instructions in the unit for check out day: you are asked to strip the beds, put all the linens in the bathroom and empty your trash into the hallway chute.

Are the pools heated?
Yes, except the kiddie pools near the main building have been reported as not being heated.

Are there towels at the pool?
Yes. Pick up and drop off right at the poolside.

Is there Internet and what is the cost?
There is now free wifi available in the rooms.

How to get wifi at the resort
After you check-in you will recieve a small booklet. In there will provide you with the wifi password.

Will you have to attend a timeshare tour?
No. After you check in, you will be asked to visit another desk to pick up your parking pass. They will ask you some questions which you can choose to answer or not. You will be asked to sign up for a tour. I have declined each trip and never been asked again.

How can I buy into Bonnet Creek/Wyndham properties?
Check out the tug groups at www.tug2.com. Also, there has been some chatter on this thread about points and fees. Read throughout or check out the random posts on pages 13-16.

How to avoid timeshare people
I skipped the "Parking Desk" on both trips and never had any problems. Alternatively, go to the timeshare desk they will ask you some questions. Just tell them that your spouse isn't with you and/or mark the lowest income box on their form.

Activities
There are activities going on everyday at the resort. There should be an activity schedule posted in each building. Also there are kid activities at the Grand's pool at around 12 pm. They get a special treat after the activity at the Grand hotel.

Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort
Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel Bar at the Grand pool Gift shop in the main building and more!

Requesting rooms, views, etc.
You can request a lot of things at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can request tower, view, floor(low, middle, high), etc. They are under no obligation to honor your requests, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Title has been edited to update resort name

Last edited:
Thanks for starting a new one. I'm staying there for the first time at the end of April so I know I'll have lots of questions. :thumbsup2

Thanks for starting a new thread! I'm staying there next month for the first time. Which towers are the most updated? Is parking as much of an issue as I've reas on the trip advisor reviews? Is a parking lot view the only way to see fireworks? I feel like I'd rather a lake view but it would be fun to see fireworks. Which buildings are quieter in general?

Is there free wifi in the units? I may have to reread, but it sounded like just in lobby and pool, and that you need to bring a router! Can anyone answer who has been lately ? We were planning to bring iPhones and use wifi. We wre from Canada, and will not be getting a data plan. Any info would be helpful.

Thx

We had wifi in our room.

We had a fireworks view in building 4 and I believe we were only on the 4th floor. I would have preferred a view of the pool, since that's there all the time, but it was neat to be able to see the fireworks.

Is there free wifi in the units? I may have to reread, but it sounded like just in lobby and pool, and that you need to bring a router! Can anyone answer who has been lately ? We were planning to bring iPhones and use wifi. We wre from Canada, and will not be getting a data plan. Any info would be helpful.

Thx

Wifi was installed (in hallways) throughout all the buildings and completed in 2012 *IIRC*

Prior to that personal routers could be used by connecting to the back of the unit phone.

That option was eliminated ... now there is wifi only.

Last edited:
Wifi was installed (in hallways) throughout all the buildings and completed in 2012 *IIRC*

Prior to that personal routers could be used by connecting to back of the unit phone.

That option was eliminated ... now there is wifi only.

That's great! I'll update the first post with this info.

Thanks for starting a new thread! I'm staying there next month for the first time. Which towers are the most updated? Is parking as much of an issue as I've reas on the trip advisor reviews? Is a parking lot view the only way to see fireworks? I feel like I'd rather a lake view but it would be fun to see fireworks. Which buildings are quieter in general?

It's been a couple years since I've stayed there. At the times I went (September and April), parking wasn't an issue. I'm sure it depends on how full the resort is though.

Hi,
I've stayed at WBC twice before and we LOVE it. ...but it has been several years and my memory and my thread searches are turning up empty!

Going back in May and in August. I know the resort supplies detergent but I prefer to bring or buy my favorite brand. In case the grocery run happens before check in, I am wondering if I can use regular detergent in the washing machines or do they require HE (high efficiency?) detergent?

We will be in a 1 bedroom presidential in May and a 4 bedroom presidential in August if that makes any difference.

Thank you!!

Hi,
I've stayed at WBC twice before and we LOVE it. ...but it has been several years and my memory and my thread searches are turning up empty!

Going back in May and in August. I know the resort supplies detergent but I prefer to bring or buy my favorite brand. In case the grocery run happens before check in, I am wondering if I can use regular detergent in the washing machines or do they require HE (high efficiency?) detergent?

We will be in a 1 bedroom presidential in May and a 4 bedroom presidential in August if that makes any difference.

Thank you!!

We're here for the second time now. Units have a stacked conventional washer and dryer. They provide 4 packets of detergent but I also use my travel packs of Tide.

If anyone has been to WBC on the 4th of July, how busy was the resort? Were the pools crowded?

From my brochure, the bus ran every 30 minutes. It was not worth the price for 4 of us for days. We had a car and APs for parking.

Parking at night was never an issue. We only had to park in the garage one night the whole time there.

For the money, you cannot beat WBC. I would never own a timeshare because I can get rentals from other owners for less than the maintenance fees.

Be aware that Wyndham will call you with the scum of the earth. I just received my timeshare call. A free 4 day/3 night trip...just attend the seminar. I asked the STUPID lady how bad it would be at a seminar after how much of a B she was being for me just turning her down.

From my brochure, the bus ran every 30 minutes. It was not worth the price for 4 of us for days. We had a car and APs for parking.

Parking at night was never an issue. We only had to park in the garage one night the whole time there.

For the money, you cannot beat WBC. I would never own a timeshare because I can get rentals from other owners for less than the maintenance fees.

Be aware that Wyndham will call you with the scum of the earth. I just received my timeshare call. A free 4 day/3 night trip...just attend the seminar. I asked the STUPID lady how bad it would be at a seminar after how much of a B she was being for me just turning her down.

We are renting a car but looking for the bus schedule to see if they changed it at all. We were there in April last year and the buses were few and far between... If they changed it and run more frequently it would be worth it for us to use the bus rather than pay for parking at the parks.

We are excited for our first visit. We will arrive June 20 for 3 nights.
I wondered about activities and events. Do they have family or kids activities, pool activities daily? Certain times of day? Where do they have activities?

Can we take food/snacks/drinks to pool area?

Yes you can bring your own things to the pool area. However, I am not sure about coolers. Many resorts do not allow coolers. Definitely no glass products.

As for the activities, they are throughout the resort. Most of them are at the pool with the big bar or the other pool near the lobby building. It is not a far walk to either and it is a pleasant walk. Activities are easily checked at the main lobby of your tower. There is a tv there listing the activities, times, and locations. Some are for kids only, adults only, or both.

Yes you can bring your own things to the pool area. However, I am not sure about coolers. Many resorts do not allow coolers. Definitely no glass products.

As for the activities, they are throughout the resort. Most of them are at the pool with the big bar or the other pool near the lobby building. It is not a far walk to either and it is a pleasant walk. Activities are easily checked at the main lobby of your tower. There is a tv there listing the activities, times, and locations. Some are for kids only, adults only, or both.

Thanks so much.

Heading to WBC in April...I'm wondering if anyone has a recent bus schedule.

I have the schedule for January, I just got it from Denise from Vacation Upgrades. If anyone can tell me how to attach a document to a post I will put it up
She says it may not be the same by the end of April when we are going, though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!