The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We just returned from our 2-week vacation. We spent the first week at WBC and the second at OLR. It was great to experience a different resort. I have to admit that we truly loved OLR, almost better than WBC. For a "stay at the resort" vacation, OLR would definitely have WBC beat. They just have so much more to offer (at a cost). WBC is far better for a Disney vacation and you can easily make it a "stay at the resort" vacation as well, with less offered.

OLR:
Pros
  • Huge resort with plenty of things to do: golf, 4 pool locations, activities going on somewhere almost all day
  • Lake beach with watercraft rentals
  • Internal shuttle to get around
  • Multiple restaurants with great prices
  • 3 golf courses onsite
Cons
  • No grills. There are a few, but they are so far away its not worth it unless you are right where they are.
  • When there is room availability, HICV offers them out to anyone if they take a tour. We noticed a massive difference in class of people on our last night. So much so we had to only have towels at the pool and nothing else. We were that worried about stuff disappearing. It was not only us. People we had met the whole week were the same way. Instead of staying for the resort activities, they decided to just pack it in and go somewhere offsite for the afternoon/night.
  • Most things have a fee.
  • Location is long for going to Disney parks.
WBC
Pros
  • Grills make a huge bonus for cooking in and saving a ton. I got drooling stares at the three 1-lb ribeyes that I super seared on one grill and then finished of on another. BBQ chicken was excellent. Burgers and dogs were the choice of many larger groups there: volleyball and baseball competition at the time
  • Almost everything to do at the resort is included with the stay.
  • Outside of one family, everyone was excellent there.
Cons
  • One family could quickly ruin a pool or organized activity. As they showed up, people left. From throwup boy in the pool and them encouraging him to finish, to the point of ruining poolside games. One of their kids was going to lose a hoola-hoop contest. One of their family members "accidentally" brushed against the other girl's hoop making it fall. The people running it even saw it happen and told the girl to pick it up and continue. This family argued with them that their child won. They didn't have it and continued. You should have heard them arguing when their kid didn't win the free $3 sundae. We did notice where this family went that a Security guard was around as well as the week went on.

Does BC allow amazon orders? Even though we are driving and will be able to probably bring most our grocery with us I just want to know if its possible for some things.

No disrespect intended I am just really curious to figure out what would you need amazon to deliver that you couldn't bring with you or pickup while you are there since you are driving? I'm not trying to start an argument or debate...just genuinely curious as to what amazon will deliver that can't be picked up while you are there? Example for me, we don't drive, we fly. One year while I was in Walmart I spotted a crockpot on an open box clearance for like $10 so I bought it. We were there for 10 days and used it only 3 or 4 times. But the money it saved us on meals was worth it. I had to leave it there and I am sure a cleaning person "Thanked Me" for my generosity. :rolleyes: :laughing:

We ordered Amazon PrimeNow - I placed the order as soon as we checked in. We ordered milk, ice cream, cereal, 2 cases of water, and some general groceries (breakfast, snack). While I unpacked and got settled, hubby took the kids on a tour of the property. Delivered in and hour and a half to bell services, who brought it up to our room for a small tip. This way, I didn't have to worry about melting ice cream, or carrying cases of water. And we were multitasking - lol - making a stop to shop would have wasted an hour of our day.

We flew, but even if we were driving, it was a nice little perk to have that stuff delivered to our room for us :)

I have three weeks coming up in May next year, the first two will be vacation (mostly Disney and then maybe some local fare) and the last week, starting on memorial day weekend will be a convention at the Orange County Convention Center. I'm considering staying at Whyndam Bonnet Creek Resort for the entire time. There are five adults and a seventeen year old in my family. I have a few questions: What size suite would fit my family best? What is a reasonable expectation of what I should pay weekly for this stay so I can set my budget? Is it reasonable to think I could keep the room for the whole three weeks? How early should I book because I heard the best prices aren't until a couple months before? Thanks for your replies in advance.

How many beds do you need? You'd likely need a 3 or 4 bedroom in your situation to be comfortable for a for long stay. These are less common at WBC and would be more expensive to rent. Since what you need is very specialized, waiting until late to reserve wouldn't be a good idea. You would also have to string together 2 reservations, as 14 days is the max.

Booking early for a large room means you will pay more. Also, there is turmoil in the Wyndham rental market now because the company changed the rules and their website.

In your situation I would rent a house. You can get plenty of beds and space and it would likely be much cheaper. You would be closer to grocery stores and regular restaurants. There are plenty of them around Disney to choose from as well.

We are looking to stay at BC in December. We love this resort. In the past we stayed in a 2 bedroom Presidential and have been luck to stay on a high floor. This trip we are considering a one bedroom Presidential. Other than the 2nd bedroom, what is the difference between the two? Is there a washer and dryer. Do they have one bedroom on the upper and lower floors, (we prefer the higher floors) Can a one bedroom be Presidential reserve. Thanks for your input.

We ordered Amazon PrimeNow - I placed the order as soon as we checked in. We ordered milk, ice cream, cereal, 2 cases of water, and some general groceries (breakfast, snack). While I unpacked and got settled, hubby took the kids on a tour of the property. Delivered in and hour and a half to bell services, who brought it up to our room for a small tip. This way, I didn't have to worry about melting ice cream, or carrying cases of water. And we were multitasking - lol - making a stop to shop would have wasted an hour of our day.

We flew, but even if we were driving, it was a nice little perk to have that stuff delivered to our room for us :)

Now that is a nice little perk. I never used it or thought about it. But since I kind of already know what I want and need from the store already, I may have to consider this. I am so glad I asked because this is something I would be interested in trying. The convenience alone makes it worth it. Although, I have to admit, I do look forward to the trip to Walmart and Target to grocery shop while we are there. But I think I would much rather chill on the balcony while I wait for my groceries!!! :worship:

I can confirm Amazon does deliver to WBC. The glass over my camera on my phone broke. Ordered a replacement on Amazon and it was delivered the next day.

We had a car, so our grocery run was to Wally World. We got there about 3 hours before the Mad Rush. We were talking with a manager and she was saying how lucky we were. She said right about noon is when it is wall to wall people, no parking, and people offering to walk people's carts to their car so they could get one.

We are looking to stay at BC in December. We love this resort. In the past we stayed in a 2 bedroom Presidential and have been luck to stay on a high floor. This trip we are considering a one bedroom Presidential. Other than the 2nd bedroom, what is the difference between the two? Is there a washer and dryer. Do they have one bedroom on the upper and lower floors, (we prefer the higher floors) Can a one bedroom be Presidential reserve. Thanks for your input.
All 1BR presidentials are in tower 6 on the upper floors. They have all the amenities of the 2BR, including a washer and dryer, but obviously sleep only 4 as there is only 1 master bedroom and a couch bed.

There is no difference in a presidential 1BR and a presidential reserve 1BR. The reserve has to do with the level of Wyndham ownership, not the room itself.

A few pages ago, folks mentioned only ordering food from places who are authorized to deliver at WBC.

I have a feeling we will buy groceries for breakfast and snacks, eat lunch in the park and either eat out or order in for dinner.

We have six nights so need lots of options!

What are your favorite restaurants that deliver to WBC?

What are your favorite restaurants that deliver to WBC?
At check-in, the lady I was with warned us not to order from any flyer we found under the door. I already knew that from the first time we stayed there. It was interesting this time that they acknowledge it. They said to contact the front desk for delivery places that are legitimate and allowed to deliver on property.

With that being said, we had no need to order out let alone eat on property if we chose not to. The grills are a HUGE bonus of staying there. They were getting a workout the whole time we were there. We had frozen pizza in room one night, BBQ chicken on the grill one night, 3 delicious ribeyes on the grill, hamburgers another night. The other nights we had dinner at Disney. People say they don't like to cook while on vacation. I look at it another way. It was a reason to have another beer or drink. You get to meet some great people at the grills, talk, and have a good time. Done right, there is absolutely no mess to even clean up. Unfortunately, I did not plan that way, but no big deal. Dirty dishes, pans, etc into the dishwasher, press Start, and they are clean. When you price it out, it is ALL cheaper and less than 1 adult meal at Disney. I got 3x ~1Lb ribeyes for $26. Sides were about another $5. That is a meal for 3 for ~$30 (add in about $4 in beer while I cooked). Because there were some large groups of sporting teams, they were cooking burgers and hot dogs. When they saw and smelled those ribeyes, they were salivating as much as I was. Then I had to walk them back through the pool area as people were smelling and wanting it. I felt sorry for the family riding the elevator with me because they smelled so good. By the time I got to the room, got the sides ready, the steaks were ready to eat. Total time was about 45 minutes from prep, preheat, cook, back to room, sides, and eat.

If you don't have a car, Uber to a grocery store. I was absolutely shocked at how nice of a meat section Wally World had. It was very good cuts of meat, pork, and poultry. I am finicky when it comes to cuts of meat.

This is great info, thanks! I wasn't aware of this service. I usually order from Garden Grocer, but I would be interested in trying a different service. How did you find the selection? I usually order breakfast foods, snacks, water, fruits, veggies and frozen pizzas for our stay. The order usually comes out to $200+ for our family. Is PrimeNow just for smaller orders?

How many choices does Amazon have?! I was thinking of ordering for WBC over our spring break last year but when I looked at Amazon pantry and they did not have perishables such as milk so I skipped on an Amazon order.

I didn't know there were other options and we have Amazon Prime. Good to know for next spring break although we really didn't end up eating much in the condo last year.

How many choices does Amazon have?! I was thinking of ordering for WBC over our spring break last year but when I looked at Amazon pantry and they did not have perishables such as milk so I skipped on an Amazon order.

I didn't know there were other options and we have Amazon Prime. Good to know for next spring break although we really didn't end up eating much in the condo last year.

You have to order through Prime Now, not just regular Prime or Pantry. Then you can order perishables! I was so happy when I learned about that :) It gets delivered within 2 hours. Limited cities, but Orlando is one. Included with your prime membership.

This is great info, thanks! I wasn't aware of this service. I usually order from Garden Grocer, but I would be interested in trying a different service. How did you find the selection? I usually order breakfast foods, snacks, water, fruits, veggies and frozen pizzas for our stay. The order usually comes out to $200+ for our family. Is PrimeNow just for smaller orders?

I found the selection decent, and prices were reasonable (to me, but we live in a high ticket area). IE milk was under $4 a gallon. You can definitely place a large order - I think it waives the fee at a certain amount, not sure. But I didn't see a max amount. I got 2 boxes of cereal, gallon of milk, lemonade, granola bars, chips, 2 cases water, applesauce, cheese sticks, bananas, ice cream.... We were under $100 I think....

Not sure I can post a link, but you can google amazon prime now and it's the first result.

Mega renters that own at WBC can request what they want 13 months out so just buying Wyndham points will not increase your chances of obtaining a 4 bedroom.
Some of those folks were reserving them to later cancel/rebook/upgrade from a 1BR unit. With the new processes Wyndham has in place, cancelations no longer return to inventory immediately, and this is unlikely to work. So, there's a chance that these won't be quite so hard to book. I can't log into my account at the moment, so I can't check...

Edited to add: a different browser worked. You could pick up a full week a couple different times in April. But, not much else has a full week. There are some partial weeks in Feb/March---some as long as six days here or there.

Last edited:
Now...I may be late with this info, but after discussing Amazon Prime, I did a little researching. I found PUBLIX also offers the online shopping and delivery service. So does Walmart. It's available in the Orlando/Kissimmee/LBV areas. Now I have to contact WBC and other resorts we are considering to see if they allow delivery from these places. I do not have an Amazon Prime Membership and do not order enough to pay $99/year for it. Publix allows first online grocery order delivery for free and gives a $10 discount for first use. I must look into this further. I really think if the resorts where we are staying will allow delivery from these places, I will do it just for convenience alone.

This just popped up in my head today. The day of our check out can we leave a car at the resort and go into the parks to return to pick up the car. We will have 2 with us but don't want to take both to the park before heading back home. Or do we need to take both upon checking out?

Sure you can leave your car there. They don't check anything with them. You just need a room key to get in the gate. If your key won't work that day, just go to the left at the entrance, talk to security, and they will let you in to get your car. I don't see this as an issue at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter