The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have used Shelby Resorts several times and they are my "go to" but we have also used Farrell's Vacations, and eBay users mcgab12345 and lise_bohm_vacations. Lise Bohm Vacations is also on facebook if eBay is not your cup of tea!

I booked thru Lise Bohn two years ago on eBay and wanted to use her again for next years trip but it doesn’t appear she’s booking WBC anymore.

Have you used her lately? I looked on her Facebook and eBay for listings but saw none for WBC

I tried using duddy2003 on eBay this year and had a very very bad experience with him and have filed a formal complaint with eBay about the transaction. He even had 100% feedback. At first he tried to cancel the deal and then gave me the run around for three weeks about not being able to get me the certificate for my stay which luckily isn’t for a couple months. Be careful of this guy!!

I booked thru Lise Bohn two years ago on eBay and wanted to use her again for next years trip but it doesn’t appear she’s booking WBC anymore.

Have you used her lately? I looked on her Facebook and eBay for listings but saw none for WBC

I tried using duddy2003 on eBay this year and had a very very bad experience with him and have filed a formal complaint with eBay about the transaction. He even had 100% feedback. At first he tried to cancel the deal and then gave me the run around for three weeks about not being able to get me the certificate for my stay which luckily isn’t for a couple months. Be careful of this guy!!

Good heads up - I'm sorry about your experience. That sounds frustrating! I have not booked through Lise Bohm recently, unfortunately. Our last stay using her was in 2017.

Good morning! I am new to this thread and have tried reading as much as I could to answer my questions (trying not to be repetitive) but it’s a long thread and some information might be outdated. So here are some questions I’m hoping you who are experienced can answer.
This will be our first time at the WBC. Our very good friend is a top member with Wyndham and we have used his points to stay at many Wyndhams locations. We always have the best experience.
We are staying in 2-3 bedrooms. Here are my questions
1. Is there a resort fee that needs to be paid? If so how much?
2. Is there a fee for parking?
3. I know the shuttles are not free, does anyone know what the charge is? Also we have read that there are free shuttles at the Wyndham grand resort? Is that true?
Thank you!!

Hi,
I'm also new and looking into renting at WBC.
I have a couple of ?'s
Will I have to attend a Timeshare meeting? do they bug you about it?
Thanks

1. Is there a resort fee that needs to be paid? If so how much?
No, there is currently no resort fee for guests staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) timeshare resort.
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort (WGO) Bonnet Creek hotel does have a $28 resort fee (as posted today on their website), which includes the complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Disney parks (TTC for MK). I would guess a room key for the hotel is required for guests boarding the shuttle - just a guess on my part.
2. Is there a fee for parking?
Likewise, no, there is no parking fee at this time at WBC for guests staying in the timeshare units.
Guests staying in the hotel rooms/suites at WGO pay $22+tax per day for self-parking and $29+tax per day for valet parking.
3. I know the shuttles are not free, does anyone know what the charge is?
Sorry, I don't know because we never used them. Doubling the cost of the shuttle for 2 people, and factoring in the inconvenience of a limited schedule, we would rather either drive and pay for parking at the theme parks, or if we expect to drink, pay for Lyft/Uber or now a Minnie van shared service to visit the parks. This makes even more sense to us for a family or group of 3, 4, or 5 people.

Will I have to attend a Timeshare meeting? do they bug you about it?
No obligation to attend a timeshare sales meeting at all - unless you are renting a special discount package from a Wyndham affiliate company with this stipulation as part of the discounted rate. These are usually 2-night, 3-night, or 4-night packages.

If you are renting from an owner or from an independent, points-management company, you are simply a rental "Guest" and not required to attend at all. When you check in, you'll be given your room key and directed to another desk to get your parking pass. There, at the parking pass desk, you'll probably be invited to attend a meeting and offered an incentive gift for your time. Politely but flatly decline, and tell them that you do not want to be contacted again about it. Once you get to your room and settle in, disconnect your room phones so they don't ring. You probably don't need to use those phones anyway, if you have cell phones. You won't be bothered again. Enjoy your vacation!!!

what are some of the rental company's (independents) to rent from? thanks

Good morning! I am new to this thread and have tried reading as much as I could to answer my questions (trying not to be repetitive) but it’s a long thread and some information might be outdated. So here are some questions I’m hoping you who are experienced can answer.
3. I know the shuttles are not free, does anyone know what the charge is? Also we have read that there are free shuttles at the Wyndham grand resort? Is that true?
Thank you!!
No worries, that's what this thread is for. Here is a post from a poster who stayed within the last six months and had a relatively negative experience with the WBC (Vacation Ownership/Timeshare) shuttle service:

Finally, I was most concerned about transportation. Honestly, the shuttle is terrible, even for one person. It's 8 dollars for a round trip, for one but according to the schedule, it has to be reserved ONLY by speaking IN PERSON to the clerk at the transportation desk. Times are also terrible, with 1 or 2 options to each park, each way (basically morning there, and evening back to the hotel) for the TCC, Animal Kindgom, Epcot and Disney Springs (and maybe two of those were combined?). Of course, you could use them to go where ever and then use the excellent Disney buses, but that's a pain. And, the reservation system seems to be designed to limit to you to coming and going from the same place, though they did say you could call and change it. One day, I used the bus to get to Animal Kingdom because it was about 2 dollars cheaper than a one-way lyft but the return time was so early (5:45) and I didn't want to bother with calling and trying to get the late MKTCC bus (10:45, which was basically the only alternative) so I just took a lyft.

I doubt very much you can avail yourself of the Wyndham Grand shuttle, as has been said.

The point of your parking pass is so that your vehicle is tied to your room. If there is ever an issue with your vehicle they will try to contact you to resolve a problem. If you do not have the parking pass that is provide for free, they have no choice but to tow.

When you check-in, they ask for the make, model, and license plate (if you know it) of your vehicle, if you have one with you. The parking pass does not identify you, it only shows the dates of your stay.

The point of your parking pass is so that your vehicle is tied to your room. If there is ever an issue with your vehicle they will try to contact you to resolve a problem. If you do not have the parking pass that is provide for free, they have no choice but to tow.

The "parking pass" people are just there to sign people up for the timeshare sales presentation. There is nothing on the pass to identify you or help with an issue with your vehicle.

When you check in, they ask for your car tag number. If there is an issue with your vehicle, they would be able to contact you via the license plate number linked with your reservation.

I've talked to the sales people that inhabit the "parking pass" desk a few times. I've gotten balloons for my kids there. That's about all the use it has. They've tried, but I have not taken them up on an offer for an "owner update" or whatever they are calling their sales pitch.

Many people don't want anything to do with going to a high-pressure sales pitch on vacation, which is why they created the "parking pass" desk. It's a slip of paper that sounds like something important, but in reality does nothing at all.

The "parking pass" desk is a good example of why timeshares have such a negative reputation. The first meeting most people will have with the Bonnet Creek sales team is based on a lie that they need a parking pass. Sadly, its just the first of many lies used to pressure people into a big financial mistake.

My advice for people is to just avoid the "parking pass" people and eliminate the stress of telling someone "no" several times.

The good news is that after you "pass" on the "parking pass" people, you likely won't see another salesperson. They may try to call you, but not answering the phone works for that.

As a side note, Wyndham isn't the only timeshare system trying to rope people into sales pitches. DVC does the same thing. They called me a few times on your last stay there.

I always ask for one Additional room card. I keep it in the car ash tray. When you return to WBC you need to show your room card to the gate attendant. It is much easier to grab the one inthe ash tray than for someone to search for their room card in a dark car with a seat belt holding you.

What are some things you bring from home for the units? Thinking of bringing our own knife. dishwasher pods (that way I don't have to buy too many) we won't be using a crock pot I almost never use mine in the first place. But what else might you find yourself bringing from home?

What are some things you bring from home for the units? Thinking of bringing our own knife. dishwasher pods (that way I don't have to buy too many) we won't be using a crock pot I almost never use mine in the first place. But what else might you find yourself bringing from home?

If we plan to do major cooking or food prep we do bring a chef's knife. There are knives provided that are fine if you're not doing a lot of chopping. We also like to bring laundry detergent, ziplock bags, food storage containers, aluminum foil, small selection of spices for any meals we know we're preparing, and insulated tumbler cups for taking beverages to the pool. We've never made use of the grills but if you intend to do that and are driving you might consider bringing your own grill tools - you can borrow them, as I understand, but I'd just rather have them in the unit without having to go through any further work to obtain them.

No need to bring or buy any dishwasher pods. They’ll bring you as many as you need (within a few minutes) if you ask. Same goes for anything else that’s supplied at the beginning of your stay.

If we plan to do major cooking or food prep we do bring a chef's knife. There are knives provided that are fine if you're not doing a lot of chopping. We also like to bring laundry detergent, ziplock bags, food storage containers, aluminum foil, small selection of spices for any meals we know we're preparing, and insulated tumbler cups for taking beverages to the pool. We've never made use of the grills but if you intend to do that and are driving you might consider bringing your own grill tools - you can borrow them, as I understand, but I'd just rather have them in the unit without having to go through any further work to obtain them.

Basically all of this, but we don't bring a knife though and just use what's in the units. But we do grill a lot and bring our own grill tools (and we fly), and we also bring along a collapsible fabric basket thing to take to and from the grills. As pepperandchips said, you can check out grill tools at the activities desks, but I prefer to not mess around with the extra steps. Same with laundry and dishwasher detergent - easy enough for me to throw a few of each in some ziplocs and not have to mess around with extra phone calls.

Oh, and we also like to bring a hanging shoe organizer and some magnetic hooks - we put that on the entrance door to keep sunglasses, passes, room cards, sunscreen, etc. all organized.

Just echoing what other have said about the “parking pass”. It’s simply a vehicle to get you over and talking to the sales folks. I’ve been going to WBC for years and I never get a “parking pass”.

I’m checking in tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter