The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

What is currently then cheapest (but still safe) way to rent at WBC?
It seems like most good deals are for a full week, and my trip is only a long weekend (Friday night through Monday).

We love WBC, just saw availability for a 1 BR open up for 3 nights starting 6/29. actually cutting off a day from my AKV reservation to make it work. Have I mentioned I love WBC :)? Excited to show my GD that, yes, there are really nice offsite resorts!

Went thru Vacation Strategy who, once again, beat all other quotes I gathered today by approx $25 per day.

It’s been a couple of years since last visit, have more than a few questions as to possible updated policies I hope can be answered by the exerts.

*Do they still accept requests in advance (thru the owner) or is it wise to stop by registration early in the day?
Have always been lucky to request and be placed in Building 6 near the parking garage, but always a lower, parking lot view. Not sure if upper floor, FW view is easily attained or not.

*building #6 is the one we’ve checked into past trips, have seen recent reviews mention another building. Has it changed?

*We enjoyed the nearby pools around #6, not sure if #5 & #4 would both have 1 BR units

*If our unit isn’t ready upon arrival from airport, can we utilize the resort pools?

*Since we will have 8 y.o. GD along this trip, I am searching for daily/weekly activity list, which I assume they provide. May just spend a day at the resort vs the parks/visit later in day. I do recall seeing various organized activities in the afternoons for kids. Can i assume ‘renters’ also can participate?

Welcome back to our happy place, @keishashadow :flower3:

*Do they still accept requests in advance (thru the owner) or is it wise to stop by registration early in the day?
Have always been lucky to request and be placed in Building 6 near the parking garage, but always a lower, parking lot view. Not sure if upper floor, FW view is easily attained or not.
I have seen mixed reports of actual owners being able to make requests, and very spotty reports of those of us renting points being able to make advance requests. Arriving early in the day and being willing to wait for a requested Unit location to become available still seems to be the best advice.

Building 6 upper floors are all presidential units, so if you are in a Deluxe unit, then you will not get an upper floor in building six.

*building #6 is the one we’ve checked into past trips, have seen recent reviews mention another building. Has it changed?
You can check in at building 6 if your assigned Unit will be in building 6. Otherwise, check in is in the main building. In my experience when my assigned Unit was in building six, the gate attendant advised me to head straight there when we arrived at the gate.

*We enjoyed the nearby pools around #6, not sure if #5 & #4 would both have 1 BR units
Building 5 does for sure - I was in one in January. I think they have 1 BR Deluxe in all towers. 1 BR Presidential would be in building 6.

*If our unit isn’t ready upon arrival from airport, can we utilize the resort pools?
As I recall, yes. I don't recall how the access would work as we've always had a Unit available and I know access to the pools is generally through the resort towers which require key entry, but I suspect you could get in through the hotel tower or the main building with no problem.

I do recall seeing various organized activities in the afternoons for kids. Can i assume ‘renters’ also can participate?
Yes! Some of the activities are a small charge (like for the crafts and ice cream sundaes, etc.)

*Since we will have 8 y.o. GD along this trip, I am searching for daily/weekly activity list, which I assume they provide. May just spend a day at the resort vs the parks/visit later in day. I do recall seeing various organized activities in the afternoons for kids. Can i assume ‘renters’ also can participate?

You can 100% enjoy the pools without your room being ready. We ALWAYS arrive early in the day and hang out at the pools until our room is ready. You do not need any kind of key card access to get into the pools, and they always tell us at check in that we are free to use the pools until our room is ready.

All guests, whether renters or owners are free to take part in all the activities. Some are free and some require money to participate.

I found these pictures of the activity guide. This was the same schedule when we were there this past November. I don't think it really changes much.
https://tug2.com//ResortImages/FloridaGulfCoast/OrlandoArea/bonnetactivity1.png
https://tug2.com//ResortImages/FloridaGulfCoast/OrlandoArea/bonnetactivity2.png

Welcome back to our happy place, @keishashadow :flower3:

I have seen mixed reports of actual owners being able to make requests, and very spotty reports of those of us renting points being able to make advance requests. Arriving early in the day and being willing to wait for a requested Unit location to become available still seems to be the best advice.

Building 6 upper floors are all presidential units, so if you are in a Deluxe unit, then you will not get an upper floor in building six.

You can check in at building 6 if your assigned Unit will be in building 6. Otherwise, check in is in the main building. In my experience when my assigned Unit was in building six, the gate attendant advised me to head straight there when we arrived at the gate.

Building 5 does for sure - I was in one in January. I think they have 1 BR Deluxe in all towers. 1 BR Presidential would be in building 6.

As I recall, yes. I don't recall how the access would work as we've always had a Unit available and I know access to the pools is generally through the resort towers which require key entry, but I suspect you could get in through the hotel tower or the main building with no problem.

Yes! Some of the activities are a small charge (like for the crafts and ice cream sundaes, etc.)
Why thank you, glad to be back here :)

Ah, mystery solved, have always been in bldg 6, duh. I like how u can walk over from the garage from that bldg. we have only gotten lower floors, facing parking lot but still can’t argue with the location. Can’t say we’ve ever been able to park there on the surface lot but it’s so easy to use garage and nearly always tons of space

MommyPoppins - thanks for the links.

We’re just finishing up our stay and I want to thank you all for talking me into it! We’ve had some very minor snags with service, but the property is so lovely and having this much space can’t be beat, it’s been a great trip.

We’ve been in tower 2, which has been convenient to the playground for my kids, but I will say I was surprised at how noisy the mini golf area is at night! A few nights there have been very loud folks out there quite late, but they usually move on pretty fast at least. :) our hallway also seemed to have an unusually large number of people who aren’t well versed in common hallway etiquette (parents encouraging kids to have running races in the hall, lots of shouting from one room to another, door slamming, etc.) but usually not after 10 pm at least.

I can’t add much to the thread, as it’s a wealth of information already, but I can say that we used Shipt for grocery delivery from Target and it worked well. We had it delivered to bell services on our arrival day without a problem (there were some mouldy strawberries but they credited us back for those...) They have a free two week trial program, if you don’t have an account already try that! The traffic to/from Target was so bad when we ventured out ourselves that we placed a second order later on in our stay, it was worth the tip to the shopper to not spend that time in traffic on vacation.

It seems like most good deals are for a full week, and my trip is only a long weekend (Friday night through Monday).
Some have reported using eBay, I think..

We used Vacation Strategy and booked close to our arrival date. We paid $670ish for 5 nights in a one bedroom last August with a free upgrade to a Presidential unit.

I believe the absolute cheapest way to consistently get bonnet creek is to book through an ebay seller, less than 60 days from your trip. There are some ebay sellers that also have websites, yet their ebay listings are always less than quotes from their websites. Look for a seller with good reviews.

So a friend of mine is going to WDW in June, staying at WBC. They haven't been in 4 years.
She was wondering about the shuttle. Sounds like it is $7 round trip PP. What's the schedule like? I've tried searching the thread and the internet in general, but haven't found anything current. I did see some complaints that the last shuttle back to WBC was before park closing, and that you have to request shuttle service an hour ahead (that didn't quite sound right to me). Anybody have current info??
Also, WBC does NOT get EMH or 60 day FP+, correct?

Correct. WBC doesn't get any of the onsite perks that select offsite hotels enjoy.

That's what I thought, but another friend was there and said they have stayed at WBC before and it was one that got those perks added recently, and I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

We have just booked for the first time at Bonnet Creek, for winter 2020, through Resort Share on AirB&B. I understand our 2 bedroom deluxe will be assigned at check in. I'm used to faxing room requests for Disney hotels. I'm wondering if there is any room assignment I should try to avoid or get?

That's what I thought, but another friend was there and said they have stayed at WBC before and it was one that got those perks added recently, and I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek recently had the perks added. I think that might be where your friend got the thought that Wyndham Bonnet Creek got the added benefits, too.

We have just booked for the first time at Bonnet Creek, for winter 2020, through Resort Share on AirB&B. I understand our 2 bedroom deluxe will be assigned at check in. I'm used to faxing room requests for Disney hotels. I'm wondering if there is any room assignment I should try to avoid or get?

Can you tell us a little about your travel party and what you are looking for?

Since the towers are arranged around a lagoon in a circle, I find there are advantages to each. What suits one person won’t suit all. For example, a poster just in the last couple of days said she preferred Tower 6. I didn’t like all the hubbub there. (Yet I know I like that poster’s style, I recognize her from the Universal threads :thumbsup2)

A “parking lot” view in Tower 2 also got me a sweeping view of the golf course. I was disappointed on my first stay to receive a first floor room facing the parking lot - until I realized that meant there was a footpath from my patio to the car for easy unload of groceries and luggage. Some of the towers are renovated (scroll back a few pages for an update. I can’t remember where they have gotten to) but I stayed in an unrenovated room recently and it was impeccably maintained and I think I might actually prefer the “old” decor.

Some like being close to the playground, some like facing the lagoon, some like fireworks view. Personally the only time I was unhappy was in a 1 bedroom deluxe overlooking the trash compactor and next to a noisy housekeeping facility. I was only there two nights and just didn’t spend as much time on my balcony as usual.

At check in, I will occasionally ask if there are any available units facing the lagoon. I’ve had fairly good luck. Most people report no luck with making advance requests... and I’m not sure it’s necessary. My best advice is SKIP THE “PARKING PASS” DESK! You don’t need a parking pass, and it’s the timeshare sales desk. Other than that, relax, enjoy, marvel at your savings, and welcome home to our happy place!

Can you tell us a little about your travel party and what you are looking for?

Since the towers are arranged around a lagoon in a circle, I find there are advantages to each. What suits one person won’t suit all. For example, a poster just in the last couple of days said she preferred Tower 6. I didn’t like all the hubbub there. (Yet I know I like that poster’s style, I recognize her from the Universal threads :thumbsup2)

A “parking lot” view in Tower 2 also got me a sweeping view of the golf course. I was disappointed on my first stay to receive a first floor room facing the parking lot - until I realized that meant there was a footpath from my patio to the car for easy unload of groceries and luggage. Some of the towers are renovated (scroll back a few pages for an update. I can’t remember where they have gotten to) but I stayed in an unrenovated room recently and it was impeccably maintained and I think I might actually prefer the “old” decor.

Some like being close to the playground, some like facing the lagoon, some like fireworks view. Personally the only time I was unhappy was in a 1 bedroom deluxe overlooking the trash compactor and next to a noisy housekeeping facility. I was only there two nights and just didn’t spend as much time on my balcony as usual.

At check in, I will occasionally ask if there are any available units facing the lagoon. I’ve had fairly good luck. Most people report no luck with making advance requests... and I’m not sure it’s necessary. My best advice is SKIP THE “PARKING PASS” DESK! You don’t need a parking pass, and it’s the timeshare sales desk. Other than that, relax, enjoy, marvel at your savings, and welcome home to our happy place!

Wow, thanks so much. No "Parking pass" desk for us, LOL!

This trip is a longer trip, just me and my elderly mother. I hope to get some writing done. She needs to not be too far from the pool (or A pool), and I need relative quiet (relative, because this is the Disney area!).

Wow, thanks so much. No "Parking pass" desk for us, LOL!

This trip is a longer trip, just me and my elderly mother. I hope to get some writing done. She needs to not be too far from the pool (or A pool), and I need relative quiet (relative, because this is the Disney area!).

I prefer either building 1, 2, or 3. Parking is easy on that side, the resort is quieter also because there are fewer rooms. The buildings are much smaller. I don't like the business of buildings 4, 5, or 6.

If you are looking for quiet I would arrive as early as possible and request either building 1, 2, or 3, facing the water. We always arrive before lunch and get what we ask for. We have been in building 2, right over the minigolf and it was only noisy on the night they did Glow Golf. Building 2 or 3 are right by a pool(it is between them). Building 1 is a short walk to the main building pool, which also has a lazy river.

We just got back from our first stay at WBC and we LOVED it!! We have stayed many times on property, and a couple nights here and there off property in traditional hotels. We rented a 2 bedroom over our spring break through vacation strategy. 6 nights was about $1425 or so. I did not request ahead of time, we checked in around 2pm. I asked the guy at the desk for "something good". Based on what we read here, we wanted something around Tower 4 for that pool complex. However, he ended up giving us Tower 1 facing the parking lot on the 6th floor. As it turns out, it was perfect. We had a refurbished unit that was very nice. Our balcony looked over the parking lot but also the golf course in the distance. We could see the Hilton and the Waldorf to our left. It was very peaceful and quiet. We also liked that there was no shortage of parking. Sure there was a bit of a walk to the pools that my kids wanted to use but it wasn't bad and was very relaxing. We didn't use the grills but lots of people were. All in all, we will definitely return.

Towers 1, 2 and 3 really are nice in that parking is easier and they are smaller towers. Building 4 is very nice but parking at 4 and 5 can really be difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter