The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have always arrived either after 4 with our groceries or we do an instacart order when we get into a room. Obviously, instacart is much more expensive, especially since I don't usually shop at Publix. I keep seeing posts about bell services storing peoples groceries.

So are you telling me that I can hit Aldi on my way(we will arrive around 12) and leave all my food with bell service....then they will bring it to my room when ready?

We have always arrived either after 4 with our groceries or we do an instacart order when we get into a room. Obviously, instacart is much more expensive, especially since I don't usually shop at Publix. I keep seeing posts about bell services storing peoples groceries.

So are you telling me that I can hit Aldi on my way(we will arrive around 12) and leave all my food with bell service....then they will bring it to my room when ready?
Yep!
We sometimes arrive very early (7am or so), check in and hit Super Target for groceries for the week. We separate the cold storage so it’s easier for Bell Services. We drop it off to BS and call for it later that afternoon when we get our unit. We’ve never had a problem at all. Ice cream stays frozen, eggs chilled and unbroken, bread not smashed...and tip BS for the great service!

Does anyone have any current info about the shuttle schedule? I have searched the thread, but I don't see anything.

Are Wyndham BC and Hilton BC 2 different places or did Wyndham do a name/brand change? I'm trying to figure out where the 60 day FP is available now.

Are Wyndham BC and Hilton BC 2 different places or did Wyndham do a name/brand change? I'm trying to figure out where the 60 day FP is available now.
Different places.

Hilton Bonnet Creek- yes 60 days. Also the Waldorf Astoria.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Wyndham Grand Orlando- no 60 days.

I’m accustomed to Value season prices. Unfortunately our April school break falls in Prime season next year. Easter falls right at the end of the week. I’ve been quoted $250 per night for two bedrooms.

I’m assuming there won’t be any availability at the 60 day mark.

I guess this is a general “what would you do?” post :)

Thank you for any advice.

I’m accustomed to Value season prices. Unfortunately our April school break falls in Prime season next year. Easter falls right at the end of the week. I’ve been quoted $250 per night for two bedrooms.

I will turn “what would you do” back on you.... what are alternatives? If we are staying in a two bedroom at WBC it’s because we need two bathrooms for our party size. I will typically look at onsite, Disney Springs, and flamingo crossings for alternatives. It is very rare that I can get two rooms anywhere for $250.00/night including tax and parking, though I have had very good luck at the Towneplace Suites at Flamingo Crossings even over school breaks.

If it was me, I’d book a refundable rate elsewhere and keep watching eBay. Right now there are 2 listings for two bedroom units for our spring break (for this year, first week of April) and one 1-br listed for the same time frame. The 1 br is about $170 a night and the 2 bedrooms are $228-271 per night. That is just right now for a stay in less than 2 weeks. So it’s not impossible to find something.

We aren’t doing Disney for our whole spring break this year but starting spring break at the Towneplace Suites I mentioned, including tax, ~$125 per night. That’s for one studio room.

Thank you. Our family just enjoys Bonnet Creek so much... we’re almost at the point where we don’t see ourselves staying anywhere else. I think my main concern was seeing older threads saying things like, “if you pay more than $80 a night at Bonnet Creek, you’re getting ripped off”. I know the great deals exist (we’ve gotten some good ones ourselves). But for the week leading up to Easter... we may be willing to pony up. We’ve just been lucky in previous years that the school break has been later in April (Value season).

We’re a family of five and the space is just so nice! We used to stay at the All Stars, and let’s just say we don’t want to go back to an arrangement like that again (we’re going to squeeze into a Dolphin room for two nights though, just because I’ve always wanted to try staying there).

Prices at WBC have gone up over the years. The economy is better. It's hard for the superrenters to get rooms for cheap points. More people have discovered the resort.

But what hasn't changed is that you need to shop around to find the best deal that works for you.

So a friend of mine is going to WDW in June, staying at WBC. They haven't been in 4 years.
She was wondering about the shuttle. Sounds like it is $7 round trip PP. What's the schedule like? I've tried searching the thread and the internet in general, but haven't found anything current. I did see some complaints that the last shuttle back to WBC was before park closing, and that you have to request shuttle service an hour ahead (that didn't quite sound right to me). Anybody have current info??
Also, WBC does NOT get EMH or 60 day FP+, correct?

Use Uber instead of the Shuttle, it's as cheap or less , always there within 10 minutes of requesting. Just so much more convenient. Our last trip, a 5 night stay, we decided not to even rent a car, used UBER for everywhere, it's so nice not to have to worry about shuttles, parking fees, gas, driving in circles, etc. It's so cheap now to use Uber it's ridiculous. FP is 30 days, I believe. Every park has a convenient drop off and pick up area for Uber, Lyft, taxi etc.

Can someone tell me about the Hilton/Waldorf golf course? Can anyone play? How much is it? I can't seem to find any info.

Can someone tell me about the Hilton/Waldorf golf course? Can anyone play? How much is it? I can't seem to find any info.

I have not played there yet, but it's called the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club. https://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/golf/golf-club/

You can book it on golfnow.com, so anyone can play there.

https://www.golfnow.com/tee-times/f...ar+21+2019&sortby=Date&view=List&ratetype=all

I would call the clubhouse and see what kind of deals they have as well. Sometimes courses will have Florida resident or other deals that you don't have to book online to get.

My favorite golf near Disney is Orange County National.

If you are planning to play soon, this is peak season for golf in Florida, so the prices are also at their peak.

I feel like while you can't really make that assumption(it's certainly not true for this year), you also sometimes have to just pay higher amounts if you aren't willing to take the chance.

We live in Florida and homeschool, so we have the luxury of last-minute trips and paying less. But at $250 a night for a two bedroom, that is still a steal by Disney comparison. We personally wouldn't pay that. But we don't HAVE to. You, know?

But you can never just assume that there won't be availability. Two weeks ago I booked 7 nights in a two bedroom with Shelby Vacations for April 8th-15th, 2019, for just $819. The secret is ebay. Their website didn't even show that week available, and everything around it that was available was over $200 a night. So I booked during spring break for value prices and only 33 days out.

We are planning our first trip to Disney and seriously considering this property due to all of the love for it. Is it close enough that we could take a break mid day and then go back to the parks later that evening?

Thanks ;)

We are planning our first trip to Disney and seriously considering this property due to all of the love for it. Is it close enough that we could take a break mid day and then go back to the parks later that evening?

Thanks ;)

Absolutely! It is next to Caribbean Beach and practically across the street from yacht, beach, and Boardwalk resorts. We often do a park at rope drop, pool at WBC (or nap) and then evening in a park. Very convenient!

Thanks ;)
Yup, we did midday breaks a lot last week! From MK it’s a bit of a hassle (like all offsite resorts), but for everything else it was faster than taking the bus to an on site resort (unless you get really lucky with the bus timing). Very handy, especially to Epcot and DHS.

We got delivery to Bell Services and they stored it for us, we picked it up at check in but they offered to bring it to the room.

We used Shipt for delivery, they have several stores available but one is Target, and they don’t markup the prices for Target (I think they do for other stores?). You can get a free two week trial and orders over $35 are free, so the only extra cost was the tip to the shopper. Also nice to be able to add a few things outside the standard grocery selection—we got a bottle of bubble solution so my kids could blow bubbles out on the balcony, for example!

Absolutely! It is next to Caribbean Beach and practically across the street from yacht, beach, and Boardwalk resorts. We often do a park at rope drop, pool at WBC (or nap) and then evening in a park. Very convenient!

Do you normally stay here or in Disney resorts?

Do you normally stay here or in Disney resorts?

Both? There is no normal for us - we live about six hours away in Atlanta so we visit very often (maybe 30 visits or so in the last 5 years) and it depends what our priorities are for our visits. I own DVC but if my husband and I are traveling with my mom and sister (which we do a lot) WBC is our first choice so we can all be together but have separate bathrooms :) I would say maybe 75% of our stays are on site or at Swan/Dolphin if you count those

Both? There is no normal for us - we live about six hours away in Atlanta so we visit very often (maybe 30 visits or so in the last 5 years) and it depends what our priorities are for our visits. I own DVC but if my husband and I are traveling with my mom and sister (which we do a lot) WBC is our first choice so we can all be together but have separate bathrooms :) I would say maybe 75% of our stays are on site or at Swan/Dolphin if you count those

Thanks! Do you get the dining plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!