The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 4

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by BarryS, Jan 6, 2015.

1. WaterLinds

WaterLinds DIS Veteran

I paid online and received an email confirmation.

Yes to the above about skipping the parking desk. We left our phone plugged in and only received one call, it was just an invitation to the breakfast presentation, nothing pushy. We declined, no problems. Lots of people were clearly doing the tours while we were there but there was no pressure on us to do so.

2. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

We've never used the shuttle from Bonnet Creek to Disney. I know it's either one of the small buses or a van. I'd call and ask. Honestly it would be easier to rent a car and just break the scooter down into pieces and put it in a car.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. michelepa

michelepa DIS Veteran

When we were there two weeks ago there was a bit of a change in the set up.
    After I checked in at the registration desk they told me to stop at the podium to get my activity packet 9we didn't have a car so she didn't say parking pass).
    Indeed, when I turned around to leave, just to the side sort of near the "activity desk", was a man at the podium trying to flag me down.
    I just walked by him and we headed to our room.
    I would have walked by him anyway but we were in a rush to get to my son's baseball game at ESPN.

Also, I forgot to unplug our phone but luckily got no calls while we were there this year.

5. NJlauren

NJlauren DIS Veteran

How far out can you usually book a stay at Wyndham bonnet creek?

I’m looking at February....

Thanks!

6. MommyPoppins

MommyPoppins <font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment

7. Firestarlife

Firestarlife Earning My Ears

I have a question about package delivery, I did search the thread but didn't see this specifically addressed. If I want to have a package delivered before we check in, (regular package like from Amazon, not groceries) will they know what to do with it? I won't have a room number to put on the shipping address at the time I place my order.

8. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

Owners of the resort can book 13 months out. Generally, if you want to book far in advance you will pay a premium to do so. However, you won't know what can of deal you can get until you shop around.

NJlauren likes this.
  9. WaterLinds

WaterLinds DIS Veteran

It was a podium they pointed us to as well, but I think they were still saying parking and not activities. I guess they figured out people were on to the parking thing?!

I hope you guys had a great trip!

michelepa likes this.
  10. WaterLinds

WaterLinds DIS Veteran

Yes! I should have reported back about that, I asked that too and didn't find an answer. I contacted the resort and this was their reply:
    “The resort will accept packages/mail for future and current guests at no cost.

When mailing packages/mail to the resort, please include the exact same name of the guest on the reservation. That way the property will be able to find where the package/mail is going and have it waiting or sent to the room.”

In the end we didn’t get a package after all, so I can’t report on how it actually worked.

Firestarlife and michelepa like this.
  11. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

We went to the podium on our last trip. It was literally just the parking pass. He didn't even ask us to go to a sales pitch. Was actually pleasant.

WaterLinds and michelepa like this.
  12. supamaki

supamaki Drinkin' around the world!

How far from your check in date did you make your room request?

Thanks!

13. Biggen

Biggen Mouseketeer

I thought they stopped calling it a "parking pass" some time ago from what I can recall. They began using the term "activity packet" since I think people were getting smarter about it.

michelepa likes this.
  14. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a channel lineup for the resort? Nickelodeon? Cartoon Network? PPV Movies?

15. OSUZorba

OSUZorba DIS Veteran

Wrong thread, but I was there in late January and it was fine, at least construction wise.

16. OSUZorba

OSUZorba DIS Veteran

I have, I usually get better pricing from Wholesale Holidays Rentals. Vacation strategy has a much better cancel policy though.

Jessica Furukawa likes this.
  17. mguimond1990

mguimond1990 Earning My Ears

I’m a little nervous and excited. Booked my first stay at bonnet creek, but I feel like the price I paid was too good to be true. Agoda had a deal for $86 a night..so I paid $377 for 4 nights in September. Has anyone used Agoda before? I googled them a little before booking and it seems they are owned by the same ppl as booking and Priceline. I’m also a little nervous because they call the resort “Orlando bonnet creek by ResortShare”...which is not a thing on google. I’m just hoping I don’t show up and there’s no reservation lol

18. Jessica Furukawa

Jessica Furukawa Earning My Ears

Timeshare owners, how quickly do the “presidential” 4 bdrms book up for a stay in early October?

19. Upatnoon

Upatnoon DIS Veteran

If you do a google search for ResortShare you will find lots of information. You can also look here https://resortshare.com/

20. mguimond1990

mguimond1990 Earning My Ears

So if I’m understanding it correctly it seems like I may have rented someone’s timeshare points? And that’s why it was so cheap. If that’s the case I feel a little better because we rented points before to stay at the animal kingdom lodge and had a fantastic time.

21. Joyful2018

Joyful2018 Earning My Ears

Can you guys help me with a few questions about WBC to disney springs? How long does it take to get there? Which parking garage is most convenient from WBC? Is it more convenient to eat here vs other non-disney fastfood?