The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I've called a week early and gotten my general request. I.e. upper floor in tower 4 or 5. If you get too specific it probably won't happen and you might have less luck if you ask for a specific view.
Nice to hear, I’ll give it a shot. Normally, don’t care but with GD along would like to be close to the feature pools

Is there a specific number to call them?

Nice to hear, I’ll give it a shot. Normally, don’t care but with GD along would like to be close to the feature pools

Is there a specific number to call them?
We've just called the main number. We usually make sure our name is the reservation, then ask them to add the request to the reservation.

It depends on the building, at least before the refurb
I was wondering if this was a refurb thing. They're just now finishing up the last tower, aren't they? Or just finished recently? My room was indeed a refurbed room.

We've just called the main number. We usually make sure our name is the reservation, then ask them to add the request to the reservation.

Ok thanks. Don’t see a number listed on the first post of this thread. For some reason my search is defaulting to the Wyndham Grand/travel agents, grr. Need to find my confirmation email from vacationstrategy, hopefully listed there.

It depends on the building, at least before the refurb neither Tower 4 or 5 had ceiling fans in the second bedroom of deluxe 2 beds. The Lobby building did though.

In the 3 times I've stayed in 4 and 5 I've never even had a working light switch in the second bedroom.
That's usually because they have the lamp plugged into the wrong plug in the outlet. Switch it to the other one and it will most likely work.

That's usually because they have the lamp plugged into the wrong plug in the outlet. Switch it to the other one and it will most likely work.
Yeah, I've tried that still didn't work. Wouldn't surprise me if the plugs had been replaced at some point and wired up wrong. Hopefully next time I'll be in a refurb room at it won't matter.

Hey Everyone,
First time posting on this thread. It's my first time EVER going to WDW and staying off site! We have been to WDW more times than I can count. My dad loved Disney and we went almost every year from the time WDW opened (staying at the poly) I was a dvc owner who sold when my kids moved on and I'm platinum DCL too.
BUT, in the last few years I have really stretched my travel wings and am going to new places all over the world. I will admit that I almost feel guilty over the $$ I've spent at WDW over the years and though I still enjoy the occasional trip, I need to way scale back on the cost of those trips. My husband is retired military and so we'd switched to SOG. But, I dragged my feet too long booking F&W this year and the final day of our 4 night trip was sold out. With no military rates available at any other Disney resorts, I decided to try Bonnet Creek.
We usually travel in larger groups ( 5 of us were in Germany, Austria, Hungary and the Czech Republic earlier this month) and 4 of us are very close friends preferring adjoining rooms when we travel. We would stay on site in a DVC villa ( 1 or 2 bedroom ) and enjoyed the options of having a kitchen and living room. (We're in SC and can drive down).
SO, Bonnet Creek seems perfect! We rented a 2 bedroom on Airbnb for our dates for less than we'd pay to stay at SOG. We'll bring breakfasts, snacks and are planning a grilling evening with the whole group. We can bring games for the evening, and have a fridge for beer, water and drinks again. I'm actually very excited to stay here.
The reviews I've read on the bus systems have varied, but honestly, with what we paid for our villa, I have no problem ubering for convenience. My BFF loves pools and it seems like she'll have her pick of places to swim.
I can't believe I've waited this long to try it out.
My question so far is (not terribly important) but I'm wondering about the quiet pool? We're 4 adults and I'm guessing that's where we'll stay most of the time. I requested a villa near the quiet pool. Which villas would that be?
One of the couples in the group we travel with are Club 33 and we're doing a private tour, so I'm thinking that any ride that we'll have a problem with 30 day fast passes for , we'll hit then. So, I really don't see any other down sides to staying at this resort. If you have any tips you'd love to share, I'd love to read them. Thanks (and yes, I'm slowly reading through the 2019 posts now). Have a great week and thanks for anything you want to share.
We went at the end of August last year. I used the hot tub at night and it was relatively quiet. There were families around but it was calm and I had the hot tub to myself for some time while DH swam with the kids. Of course, quiet to me might not be quiet to others. I used to teach elementary school and have a high tolerance to noise, lol.

What do most people who have a long stay at the hotel do for laundry? We’ll be there for a week and I know that we’re going to need to do it after sweating through everything at the parks each day.

What do most people who have a long stay at the hotel do for laundry? We’ll be there for a week and I know that we’re going to need to do it after sweating through everything at the parks each day.
Are you staying at the Wyndham Grand Hotel or the Wyndham Vacation Ownership Resort? The hotel does not have a laundry room as far as I can tell from their responses to questions on Trip Advisor. They do have the typical dry cleaning bags in-room but I think that would be cost prohibitive.

At the Vacation Ownership Resort (which is primarily what this thread is about, though there is a little traffic here about the other Bonnet Creek properties) there are washers and dryers in each Unit.

Are you staying at the Wyndham Grand Hotel or the Wyndham Vacation Ownership Resort? The hotel does not have a laundry room as far as I can tell from their responses to questions on Trip Advisor. They do have the typical dry cleaning bags in-room but I think that would be cost prohibitive.

At the Vacation Ownership Resort (which is primarily what this thread is about, though there is a little traffic here about the other Bonnet Creek properties) there are washers and dryers in each Unit.
Staying at the hotel which is why I specified that in my question.

Well since this thread is about the timeshare resort and this is a common question I thought I’d try to give a comprehensive answer. Have a nice trip!
I was on an iPad and wanted a useful and kind answer in a thread I was hoping would be full of informed people. It's pretty difficult to read back 252 pages on a mobile device. I continue to hope maybe a nice person will come along with an answer reflecting their own experience. The title of this thread does not indicate that it's only about the timeshare resort but thank you so hard for gatekeeping others from the discussion. I hope the next trip you are on is as pleasant as can be.

I was on an iPad and wanted a useful and kind answer in a thread I was hoping would be full of informed people. It's pretty difficult to read back 252 pages on a mobile device. I continue to hope maybe a nice person will come along with an answer reflecting their own experience. The title of this thread does not indicate that it's only about the timeshare resort but thank you so hard for gatekeeping others from the discussion. I hope the next trip you are on is as pleasant as can be.

The downside of staying at an upscale hotel is they sometimes don't have the self-service laundry facilities you can often find at less-expensive hotels.

When we are staying somewhere and don't want to use the costly hotel laundry service, we visit a laundromat or coin laundry. The nice thing about visiting one of those is they have multiple machines and you can do all your laundry at once and be done in less than 2 hours.

I've never had to use a laundromat in the Disney area, but I'm sure there are some you can drive to.

We just got back from a week stay at WBC, 06/01-06/08. We had a standard 1BR, I checked in early on the morning of June 1st, 7am to be exact, I knew the room wouldn't be ready but wanted to get our request for a lakeview in. We got the call at 12:30 pm that our room was ready, which was awesome. However, we were assigned to building 6, 1222 and a parking lot view room. I know requests are just requests its just the first time we haven't gotten what we wanted staying here. The issue that bothered me is when I called back to make sure no lakeview rooms were available, the lady said she didn't see any requests for me on file, so the person checking me in never entered it into the computer apparently and she was well aware of the request because we made small talk about the lake n such. Oh well, we ended up having a good time anyways, I did enjoy the parking garage as it rained off and on, easy in and out. I will say, I don't care stay in building 6 again just because the lobby was always full of people for whatever reason no matter the time it seemed like; not like buildings 2 and 3 were things were much quieter and seemed more relax, just a preference for our family. Building 6 is hands down the best view on property though if you are able to get lakeview though in that building. Our room was clean and well kept. We have another week booked in November, excited to go back. I believe this was our 4th time staying.

We really didn't have too much time to enjoy the activities offered at the resort, we were at the parks a lot but we did get some swimming in at the pirate pool and lazy river and a quick game of mini golf. For the price and location, just hard to beat staying anywhere else if you are considering "off property."

We booked through Vacation Strategy and had no issues there.

Last edited:
Building 6 is hands down the best view on property though if you are able to get lakeview though in that building.
Another satisfied Vacation Strategy customer here.

No, you must be mistaken, building 6 is an awful, terrible building nobody shoud ever request it :rolleyes1 Lol it’s my favorite, even with the parking lot view we’ve always gotten assigned our stays @ @WBC.

JMHO but going to guess that actual owners may get preference as to room assignments and that they are probably very specific as to their wants.

Yes, owners (particularly VIP owners) are allowed to make requests. Others aren't supposed to be able to. My bet is most of the time they say they're noting a request for non owners just to make things easier.

I agree with building 6 always feeling so busy. We prefer building 3.

Asking for help. Have a nice day.
We’ve stayed at the Wyndham grand several times for short stays, no major complaints other than the resort & parking fees. A few times we did get what i’d consider likely the worst view of the resort - top of parking lot looking towards the Hilton. It was noisy and lots of intrusive ambient light but we did get a peak of FW.

As far as I’m concerned it and WBC are all part of the same complex in the same way you have WDW resort rooms and then the DVC component, although the amenities are different. They share the poolscapes, guests at the Grand aren’t treated any better or worse in that regard IMO.

I don’t recall seeing a guest laundry in the Grande, but they do have a Starbucks:). would suggest calling them direct to inquire. Otherwise perhaps pack some wicking type clothing that you could hand wash & hang in shower area to dry?

Even though we do put down a CC to cover resort charges when staying at the Grande, had multiple issues utilizing the room key for even the closest restaurant near the pool. We took to just carrying a CC with us when poolside at both the Grande & WBC

Enjoy your trip..

I know WBC offers Disney park transportation but do they also offer shuttles to Disney Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!