The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

The calendar for school finally got released for next year so I was able to put my request in for a quote for a 1 bedroom. We have stayed off property but have had a lot of issues w/ Airbnb hosts. I convinced dh that we should try WBC. Typically we have 2 - 3 bedrooms for the 4 of us but we'd like to save an extra $500 for some extra magic! Anyone feel that the extra bedroom is worth it? We have 2 boys, they'll be 9 & 6 when we go and honestly I feel like no matter how much space we have them seem to be right on top of us!

The calendar for school finally got released for next year so I was able to put my request in for a quote for a 1 bedroom. We have stayed off property but have had a lot of issues w/ Airbnb hosts. I convinced dh that we should try WBC. Typically we have 2 - 3 bedrooms for the 4 of us but we'd like to save an extra $500 for some extra magic! Anyone feel that the extra bedroom is worth it? We have 2 boys, they'll be 9 & 6 when we go and honestly I feel like no matter how much space we have them seem to be right on top of us!
I think the biggest thing to think about is be the bathrooms, with a 1BR you'll have 1 bathroom, with a 2BR you'll get a second bathroom...just something to think about if any of your family members are bathroom hogs. And of course the sleeping arrangements with using the sleeper sofa, which isn't a real big deal, especially with younger guys, but if they go to bed a lot earlier than you and you want to use the living room, then that might be a consideration to think about too. A 2 bedroom would probably be ideal so they have their own space, but 1 bedroom certainly has more space than a standard hotel room!

I think the biggest thing to think about is be the bathrooms, with a 1BR you'll have 1 bathroom, with a 2BR you'll get a second bathroom...just something to think about if any of your family members are bathroom hogs. And of course the sleeping arrangements with using the sleeper sofa, which isn't a real big deal, especially with younger guys, but if they go to bed a lot earlier than you and you want to use the living room, then that might be a consideration to think about too. A 2 bedroom would probably be ideal so they have their own space, but 1 bedroom certainly has more space than a standard hotel room!
Thanks. That's the only thing I'm worried about is bathrooms. DH thinks we can make it work. I guess we'll find out when both boys need to 'go' at the same time and they take forever..... I was wondering if all the buildings have public bathrooms. If it came to that.

@omniscientmommy ..... This. This. This.
We also have 2 boys, they are 2 yrs. apart and now teens but they have LOVED having their own room/bathroom at WBC over many trips. Going from 3 bathrooms at home to just one.....oh my! 😂. When younger, getting them settled into bed to relax, watch TV, etc while we have the living room, bedroom for a relaxing soaker bath, is wonderful. Also, we’ve spent time on the patio to watch the scenery/fireworks with an adult beverage at the end of the day....nice to not have to worry about tiptoeing around. Is a one bedroom big enough-yes. But the perks to everyone of a 2 bedroom has been worth the cost to us.

As for public restrooms....I know of them in the main building, near pools (when open), Tower 6 and in the Grand hotel. Depending on where you are, that could be quite a hike in a potty emergency.

Noooo! Run away, run away! Unplug the phone and you'll be all set. You can swing by the activities desk either in tower 5 or across the breezeway from the check-in desk and pick up an activities schedule (and that's where you check out pool towels as well)

Another thing is to never order pizza from the fliers that get jammed under the doors. They can be scams.

Total side note off-topic because I see your OH-IO...they were robbed!!! DH and I are U of MN alums, but our DS is a Buckeyes fan, and once the Gophers were out, of course we're going to root for Big 10! We're still fuming around here! At least we still have the Outback Bowl to watch on Wednesday :)

Have a great stay at WBC!
Thank you for the advice!!! We love everything about this place except the internet! It is pretty unreliable! Got a great view of the NYE fireworks in tower 3!
We love how close we are to things! Our kids have been going to the parks without us and have used the skyliners to Riviera then we go pick them up. Super easy!
Wanted to add the elevators in the tower are amazingly fast! 😉

Thank you for the advice!!! We love everything about this place except the internet! It is pretty unreliable! Got a great view of the NYE fireworks in tower 3!
We love how close we are to things! Our kids have been going to the parks without us and have used the skyliners to Riviera then we go pick them up. Super easy!
Wanted to add the elevators in the tower are amazingly fast! 😉

Do you tell the guards you're coming to use the Skyliner and do they care?

Do the two bedroom! It will be so worth it, they'll be out of the living space and get their own beds! And the bedrooms are on the opposite side of the condo ;)

The savings between a 1 and 2 bed is usually pretty small. For me the 2-bed is completely worth it, even though we just have our toddler with us. I like that she can be asleep in her room, while DW and I get everything ready for the next day, watch TV, etc.

Do you tell the guards you're coming to use the Skyliner and do they care?
This is obviously all new since we’ve been to Disney! My teenage daughters were hoping to have some freedom while we are at Bonnet Creek. When you say Skyliner this is new Disney transportation? And Rivera this is a new resort? Is riveria close to Bonnet creek?

. My husband told the guard he was picking up people from the skyliner and they let him no problem. Including NYE
This is obviously all new since we’ve been to Disney! My teenage daughters were hoping to have some freedom while we are at Bonnet Creek. When you say Skyliner this is new Disney transportation? And Rivera this is a new resort? Is riveria close to Bonnet creek?

Riveria is next door to WBC and the Skyliner is a gondola that transports guests to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

You can't walk from WBC to Riveria or the Skyliner, you would have to drive or take Uber or Taxi. You can also take Minnievans from WBC anywhere on property.

If you skip the "parking pass" desk, then how do you get a parking pass? How do you get in and out of the resort without the pass? Isn't it gated?

If you skip the "parking pass" desk, then how do you get a parking pass? How do you get in and out of the resort without the pass? Isn't it gated?
The resort is gated but you use your room key to enter the resort. The parking pass is not used.

The primary mission of the "parking pass" is to sign people up for timeshare sales pitches. If you already own a timeshare, they are called "owner updates."

If you decide to talk to them and reject their various incentives to get you to attend their high-pressure sales presentation, they will give your kids balloons and answer questions about the resort. Or you can just skip it.

We own there and book the 2 bedroom even when it’s just DH and I. Having 2 bathrooms is awesome!

Don’t let them scare you. We own there and they try to bug us too. We just go and pick up our parking pass and “welcome kit” and tell them No Thanks when they ask for a time for an owner update. We never hear another word from them.

We are staying for the first time in about 20 days! Trying to find all of the important stuff in this thread to know.
Do we need to pay for floats for the lazy river? Can kids bring their own?
Is there a “need to know” list of info on this thread and anyone know what pages were most helpful lol??
I have a Disney vacation to plan in 20 days and feeling the stress!! 🤪

We are staying for the first time in about 20 days! Trying to find all of the important stuff in this thread to know.
Is there a “need to know” list of info on this thread and anyone know what pages were most helpful lol??
Floats are provided for free. You can use your own if you want.

Kids can’t bring their own floats in the lazy river. Tubes are provided. Are you looking for a list specific to this resort or Disney planning in general?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter