The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

it just seemed odd that there were different colours (now see grey, green, and purple/white coloured bands). No sign about needing to wear them at the hotel pool.

it just seemed odd that there were different colours (now see grey, green, and purple/white coloured bands). No sign about needing to wear them at the hotel pool.
Well that is strange about no signs about wearing them at the pool. When we stayed at the Yacht Club and Beach Club Villas, we had different colored bands every day to get into the pool.

One more question--if our family books a 2BR and our friends book a 1BR could we request them near each other or are they in separate buildings/areas?
The buildings at WBC all have a mixture of 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms and 4 bedrooms. The exception is the presidential 1,2&3 bedrooms are all in building 6. I would think the front desk could put you in the same building - maybe not on the same floor.

I think they are open to all guest, hotel or timeshare. I am referring to people who aren't staying on property at all.

I don't know how people who aren't staying on property would readily get in, since you have to either check in at the gate or use your room key to open the other gate.

I don't know how people who aren't staying on property would readily get in, since you have to either check in at the gate or use your room key to open the other gate.
I don't know then? But still curious about the band's.

People can make up a story, like "I'm here for the timeshare tour," or "I'm here to pick someone up." or they can park at the Wyndham Grand and say they are going to a meeting or lunch or whatever.

Perhaps the WBC staff noticed a few people taking advantage of their facilities and decided to use the bands for a while as a deterrent. It's an easy tool to make it a bit uncomfortable for pool crashers.

People can make up a story, like "I'm here for the timeshare tour," or "I'm here to pick someone up." or they can park at the Wyndham Grand and say they are going to a meeting or lunch or whatever.

Perhaps the WBC staff noticed a few people taking advantage of their facilities and decided to use the bands for a while as a deterrent. It's an easy tool to make it a bit uncomfortable for pool crashers.
Ya, young, broke, college aged males will try just about anything for some free fun.

It is easy to get 6 or 8 keys when you check in - you can then give your 7 extra keys to 7 vehicles’ worth of people to come and use the WBC amenities.

Ya, young, broke, college aged males will try just about anything for some free fun.
Not just “young, broke, college aged males”.......

We’ve watched entire families drive up, back into parking spots by the grills between the main building and Tower 4, claim 2, 3 or 4 picnic tables, set the kiddos off to the pool while the adults set up the place like their personal patio, unloading full sized coolers, lawn games, the works. They flat out admit they are locals without a pool at home and like to hang out at WBC for the atmosphere, music, entertainment, etc.

And even when WBC started the key card to get in bit to try and stop it a few years ago, they just kept one they got from someone and flash it at the gate attendant like the gate won’t open. It’s ridiculous.

Not just “young, broke, college aged males”.......

We’ve watched entire families drive up, back into parking spots by the grills between the main building and Tower 4, claim 2, 3 or 4 picnic tables, set the kiddos off to the pool while the adults set up the place like their personal patio, unloading full sized coolers, lawn games, the works. They flat out admit they are locals without a pool at home and like to hang out at WBC for the atmosphere, music, entertainment, etc.

And even when WBC started the key card to get in bit to try and stop it a few years ago, they just kept one they got from someone and flash it at the gate attendant like the gate won’t open. It’s ridiculous.
Ridiculous. Maybe the bands might help with this? But only if WBC enforces such.

Does anyone know if the 1BR Presidential Units are all in Tower 6, or can they be anywhere?

Thanks!

Good morning Bonnet Creekers!

We checked in early evening on Saturday. I made no requests. We were assigned a ‘fireworks’ view in Building 5 over the parking garage. Thank goodness we are on the 12th floor!

The unit is really nice. I am very glad we changed from 2 Disney rooms to a WBC 2BR. There have been a couple of hiccups, but those having to be offsite this trip. We have APs and we are not allowed to get FPs on our 8th morning here because we have a DVC trip planned in mid-October. We are simply not allowed anymore because we are using up our FPs in October. I still don’t understand all of it, except we are screwed. Also, my DD wanted to go home yesterday about an hour before our Rock and Roll FPs. It’s dreadfully hot here so I didn’t blame her but I knew her boyfriend would love the ride. If we had stayed onsite I would have simply told her to take the bus home. I guess I could have told her to Uber.

FF1FED8D-6CE1-4840-BD55-D4A94275242C.jpeg8B4D3D25-C920-4724-8D89-4C8423842E28.jpegCEAFFE16-2846-4CBF-A2AF-C4B5BA17C4C8.jpeg

Last edited:
The view is not that important to me but I would love to be close to the pools, lazy river around buildings 4, 5 or 6. But I really need a room closer to the ground.

Just checking to see if anyone has used instacart for grocery delivery lately? Last time we were at WBC a couple months ago, during check-in the lady told me they will not let any delivery drivers through the gates so don't bother trying...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!