The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

How many of relatives come from Jacksonville? How big is your condo? If your condo sleeps 8 but you only have 4 using it most of the week, and if there are four relatives coming from Jacksonville, you could just register them as staying in your room for the week and get wrist bands for them. However, if you are staying in a condo that sleeps four and there are four of you staying for the week, plus eight relatives coming from Jacksonville...:scratchin
Only 2 over the age of 70 and only for the afternoon. So not an issue however I Called to confirm our reservation and asked. It was only during the busy summer months.

Yeah, I've not heard of bracelets either. We check in on Friday (10/11) so and I'll post if this is a new thing or not.

It seems strange they would require bracelets. Its not like a beach resort where guests from different condo/hotels can walk the beach and enter the resort. WBC is basically walled off from everything.
I did call and it was a summer crowd control. No longer being used. We will arrive on the 20th. Can hardly wait. Enjoy your stay!

What kind of bracelets do they make you wear now? Last Feb there weren't bracelets. Are they removable? I don't want to keep a bracelet on for 11 days!
They are gel type wristbands (think the yellow livestrong ones that were popular) that come off. We were there in August and my DD and her boyfriend swam every day and didn’t wear them.

In the beginning stages of planning a trip for 18 in 2021. I have checked the old threads, but the photos don't seem to be working on any of them. Does anyone have links with photos of the layouts? TIA!

Can’t you still use the Ft Wilderness loophole and reserve a campsite but not use it. That way you can get the 60 day FP that way as well?
I think so but those campsites aren't cheap. I think I paid $75 for the one night we used it in May 2018. Mulitply that by 7 or more nights and you have to decide if it's worth it. Not to mention the Fort is highly saught after and that makes it so someone who legit wants to stay there can't.

I think so but those campsites aren't cheap. I think I paid $75 for the one night we used it in May 2018. Mulitply that by 7 or more nights and you have to decide if it's worth it. Not to mention the Fort is highly saught after and that makes it so someone who legit wants to stay there can't.

And to add to that...60 days only gets you two days of FPs (unless your throwaway campsite is for your entire stay). As someone informed me above, the rules have changed. If you only pay for one night on property you can no longer go back into your MDE "daily" to reserve FPs for the length of your ticket. Only 60 days from your check-in and check-out day can be used for FP reservations. Virtually NO hard-to-get FP attractions are available right at 60 days, anyway...so that makes paying for one night at a campsite pretty useless (and frustrating when you realize you just paid that money to get no "good" FPs).

Anyone know if WBC is more in demand during say the first week of June verses the end of July?

Anyone know if WBC is more in demand during say the first week of June verses the end of July?

Demand is probably not much different as WBC runs pretty full pretty much all year, however, there are fewer kids on summer vacation on the first week in June,, so it might be a tad easier.

Demand is probably not much different as WBC runs pretty full pretty much all year, however, there are fewer kids on summer vacation on the first week in June,, so it might be a tad easier.
Hmmmmmm, ok, well this is opposite of what I thought, but good point. First of June.

Is there a sweet spot for booking at WBC through third parties like Vacation Strategy? We're looking at a mid-February stay and I'd like to pull the trigger sometime between now and December. Obviously, I'd like to get the best rate possible but not at the risk of availability for our dates. We stayed at Bonnet Creek once before in April 2017 but that was a truly last minute trip and Vacation Strategy was able to piece together a 6 night stay for us at less than 30 days out. TIA.

Is there a sweet spot for booking at WBC through third parties like Vacation Strategy? We're looking at a mid-February stay and I'd like to pull the trigger sometime between now and December. Obviously, I'd like to get the best rate possible but not at the risk of availability for our dates. We stayed at Bonnet Creek once before in April 2017 but that was a truly last minute trip and Vacation Strategy was able to piece together a 6 night stay for us at less than 30 days out. TIA.

The closer you book the cheaper it will be of course. I stopped using VS because their refund policy is pretty bad. I don't think they give full refunds at all any more.

I started using Tripbound instead. They give full refunds up to 30 or more out from you arrival time. What I generally do is book with TB first, and then about 45 days out from arrival start looking around eBay, Redweek, Sky Auction, etc.. for better deals. I found a sweet deal on eBay from Shelby Rentals for WBC on our last trip that was $250 lower than the price I was paying on Tripbound. I asked TB if they could match it and they told me no. So I purchased the eBay one and then took advantage of the refund policy from TB to cancel that one.

I guess what I'm getting at is that so long as you book with a reseller that offers a refund policy you can continue to look around for better deals the closer you get towards your arrival.

I stopped using VS because their refund policy is pretty bad. I don't think they give full refunds at all any more.

Are you sure about that? This is what I'm seeing:

Non Discounted Inventory Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given.

Are you sure about that? This is what I'm seeing:

Non Discounted Inventory Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made more than 61 days to arrival will receive 100% refund. Cancellations made 60 - 45 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of deposit. Cancellations made 45 - 30 days prior to arrival will result in 50% forfeiture of reservation total. Reservations are finalized at 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less to arrival will result in 100% forfeiture of reservation total. No credits will be given.
Well then they changed it again. Your policy is how it used to be. Then about a year ago they did away with all refunds so I stopped using them. I guess they changed it back to a more friendly refund policy.

It’s still worse than Tripbound. Tripbound gives you 100% refund 30 days or more from check in.

Hi newbie to the site, stayed in and around Kissimmee and Davenport in hotels and rental villas previously, However after driving over 600 miles in two weeks the last time we went. i am looking at a hotel on or around WDW we are looking at the Wyndham Grand and keen not to drive too much, the next time i visit. Also having seen that the Skyliner station is next door at the Caribean do the Disney Busses come to the resort, or is there a path where you can you walk across to pick up the busses or Skyliner ?? Thanks

Hi newbie to the site, stayed in and around Kissimmee and Davenport in hotels and rental villas previously, However after driving over 600 miles in two weeks the last time we went. i am looking at a hotel on or around WDW we are looking at the Wyndham Grand and keen not to drive too much, the next time i visit. Also having seen that the Skyliner station is next door at the Caribean do the Disney Busses come to the resort, or is there a path where you can you walk across to pick up the busses or Skyliner ?? Thanks
Welcome to the thread!

No, the Disney buses do not service the Bonnet Creek resorts, and there is not a safe walking path to Caribbean Beach. The Wyndham Grand likely has its own shuttle service but it won’t be the Disney buses. I’m not sure about the frequency or reliability as I’ve never stayed at the Grand. There are probably folks in this thread who have stayed at the Grand and might be able to help, but you also might want to post a new thread about it in this sub forum. The chatter and discussion here is mainly about the Wyndham timeshare villas which don’t have a free shuttle.

Uber and Lyft are fairly inexpensive from all of the Bonnet Creek resorts if that’s an option for your group as well.

If you did want to stay at an offsite resort where you could walk to use the Disney transportation, the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, the Wyndham at Disney Springs, and Buena Vista Palace are all walking distance to Disney Springs where you could pick up the Disney buses (but they do not go to the parks, only to the resorts from Disney Springs).

Looking at staying at WBC rather than a Art of Animation Suite when we come for the Star Wars marathon weekend in April (we're just running the 10k portion of it). Can't decide which would be better. It seems AoA is more expensive, but having the bus, and not worrying about driving or ubering is nice, especially right after a run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!