The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

:wave:

Hope everyone is well. Between a crazy work schedule and being sick for most/all of August, it's been hard to find time for the Dis. It's been a BAD flu season in Australia.

I hope that you are better now! Don't worry about us, just rest and recuperate.

I am dreading flu season this year and hope that it is not a horrible one here.

that sounds like a magical evening. Green with jealousy here. :magnify:
Hold on to your hats!!! WE were in the Skybox!!!! Last night was one of the most amazing experiences. My employer's wife booked us a room on the 30th floor, and got skybox tix for the 4 of us. Food beverages, servers, and The Silver biller Band! Bob Seger belted em out for over 2 hours.

I knew that they had access to better seats than I could have gotten, so I had asked her if she could get us two tickets and I would pay her. Next thing I know, she has a room for us, and tickets. Wow! Then yesterday she said that plans had changed a bit, and we were skipping dinner, and woudl eat in the skybox. Bud thought maybe he was not dressed well enough. Ummmmm no. You are fine.....she got us something better than dinner.....Food while waiting for a show, during a show, and all we wanted to drink. Its a skybox! LOL! Yikes! What a surprise.

that sounds like a magical evening. Green with jealousy here. :magnify:

Brandi, John (my boss) told me that they had more fun watching Buddy then they did the show. LOL!!! I have no idea how they managed to score us such wonderful seats, but they made what would have been an awesome event into an unforgettable experience. I have always enjoyed working here, and feel that John is a wonderful and fair man to work for, but now? Oh my gosh! They will often extend themselves to do nice things for all of us to let us know they appreciate us, but I would never have anticipated this gesture.

As someone who does for others, that is the exact reason you do it. Since it is unexpected and the joy you see on the faces, it makes it all worth it.
I am so excited for you, I have a huge grin on my face, just thinking of you two there enjoying yourselves.

Brandi, John (my boss) told me that they had more fun watching Buddy then they did the show. LOL!!! I have no idea how they managed to score us such wonderful seats, but they made what would have been an awesome event into an unforgettable experience. I have always enjoyed working here, and feel that John is a wonderful and fair man to work for, but now? Oh my gosh! They will often extend themselves to do nice things for all of us to let us know they appreciate us, but I would never have anticipated this gesture.

As someone who does for others, that is the exact reason you do it. Since it is unexpected and the joy you see on the faces, it makes it all worth it.
I am so excited for you, I have a huge grin on my face, just thinking of you two there enjoying yourselves.

We did have fun!

Hold on to your hats!!! WE were in the Skybox!!!! Last night was one of the most amazing experiences. My employer's wife booked us a room on the 30th floor, and got skybox tix for the 4 of us. Food beverages, servers, and The Silver biller Band! Bob Seger belted em out for over 2 hours....
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT????!?!?!??!!?

You have reason!

dinner was the food in the...... wait for it....skybox seat for Bob Seger. YAY!!!

I have heard of these things created for sporting events. Sounds very cool!

Happy Anniversary to all that had them

Thank you! It's tonight, and luckily I'm not cooking. Fran wanted to go to dinner with DIS friends again, so I get a bonus night out. Our actual celebration will be on Oct 11 at the Wolfgang Puck test kitchen.

@PrincessInOz I hope you are feeling better...

Good Morning Ladies

Last night for dinner we had collard greens, cucumbers, Bell Peppers, and David grilled a steak.

I also spent a little bit of the day prepping for dinner tonight. I am making Quinoa Albondiagas (this is a traditional Spanish meatball, served in tapas)
I also made the traditional saffron infused tomato sauce that goes with it.

So I made this as a vegetarian dish using quinoa, so hopefully, it turns out good, I spent way too much time on it if it does not work. It has ground almonds, along with the saffron in the sauce so I am looking forward to seeing it all come together tonight.

David and I are heading out to WDW on Sunday, I am so excited. It has been over two years since we were there and 6 years since F&W.

Hello, everyone.

Hope your days have been fun-filled. We are getting ready for Disney, 4 days.
I just made ME reservations yesterday, I am so far behind. lol

We had a hotel (BCV) already and our anniversary dinner at Citrico's, but everything else is up in the air. Actually, I just bought our tickets yesterday. Our magic bands arrived about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I really can't remember, but we will be there in 4 days. Which means my anniversary is in 4 days. We did not get each other anything other than this trip, and we even did not get each other cards. We are so bad.

Last night for dinner was collard greens, mashed potatoes, and steak for David.
Tonight for dinner is broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, and pork chop for David.

Hi ladies!
It's been crazy around here. I've spent the last week recovering from Pam's visit to Disney. We did several days out there and it kicked my butt, especially since we kept coming home every night to our daily tasks!

Back to normal now. Wednesday I made a comfort food dinner of pan fried meatloaf and gravy, John Wayne Casserole and zucchini boats. Last night I made artichokes which we supplemented with leftovers. JW Casserole for her, Moroccan cous cous for me.

Tonight will be BBQ beef and pork ribs, baked beans, corn and green beans.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

WFDT well we had a Thanksgiving meal yesterday (dh is Canadian) so diner this week will be various turkey recipes. Hope all of you are doing good.

Well, we are back from F&WF and we had a wonderful time.

Dinner has been lackluster since our return. I think we ate so much while we were there that we just don't feel like eating anything exciting here.

Well, we are back from F&WF and we had a wonderful time.

Dinner has been lackluster since our return. I think we ate so much while we were there that we just don't feel like eating anything exciting here.

I feel like that too when we come back from our F&WF trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!