The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

....:scratchin HEYYYYYYY, were you stalking us last Sunday?????

LOL! I could have been! It has been THAT week, and is finally over, I hope.

I have been in the middle of an unemployment compensation compliance audit that has expanded to three related companies, and goes back to 2014. One more day is scheduled and the auditor has promised if the Bookeeper has backup that satisfies her that one will be the last one. I hope that that bookkeeper has the backup she has promised, becuase it is me stuck in tht audit for 8 hours a day each time that teh revenue officer is onsite.

Costco has a mix for Chinese Chicken Salad. All the ingredients come in little packages. You make the salad part. I use lettuce, cucumber, celery, red onions, and bean sprouts if I have them. And then the packets have chicken, crispy noodles and wonton strips, cashews and almonds, and sesame dressing. You make the salad and put the packet toppings on top and toss.

Its pretty good and I've been serving it for over 20 years cause I know I served it at a bridal shower i hosted before i met Fran.

Oh Ok. Now I understand. Thank for the photo. What are you using to post photos these days?

Has anyone here tried Arbonne products? A friend used them for 30 days and is not selling them. I wondered if they help with a 30 day clean eating plan. The only problem, and it is a real problem for me is that I am afraid I will have to give up my wine.
I have been alcohol-free for a month now since the wreck, very bad reaction with my drugs, but I would have said the very same thing. I have been drinking 310 shakes for breakfast just because it makes my life easier. But I have not lost much using them.

LOL! I could have been! It has been THAT week, and is finally over, I hope.

I have been in the middle of an unemployment compensation compliance audit that has expanded to three related companies, and goes back to 2014. One more day is scheduled and the auditor has promised if the Bookeeper has backup that satisfies her that one will be the last one. I hope that that bookkeeper has the backup she has promised, becuase it is me stuck in tht audit for 8 hours a day each time that teh revenue officer is onsite.
That sounds awful!

Oh Ok. Now I understand. Thank for the photo. What are you using to post photos these days?
..personally, I use Shutterfly....I'm annoyed, however, that Photobucket has held over 2,000 of my photos hostage for more than 4 years...:mad:

After the week I have had I am NOT giving up wine! LOL! Or ice cream.

I totally get that! Sounds stressful!

I'm back to photobucket. I had been using my own website, but I can't get that to work on the new boards so I went back to photobucket since they came to their senses. It's worth $50 per year to not worry about my photos.

I have been alcohol-free for a month now since the wreck, very bad reaction with my drugs, but I would have said the very same thing. I have been drinking 310 shakes for breakfast just because it makes my life easier. But I have not lost much using them.

I have to do something, but I keep putting it off.

That sounds awful!

It is, but mostly because I found out my client deserves whatever is thrown at him. He had a second checkbook he never told us about. I found out and my employer insisted he give it up or we would not continue. He did, but was not happy. I have not gone out of my way to cause harm, and I will not, but I refuse to lie for him. He refers to these revenue agents as "sweetheart" LIke "What did Sweetheart say after I left?" Or "I had to drop a check off to Sweetheart today."

His audits never end well. This ine will not either.

DInner last night was at a local restaurant. I had a gyro. YUM!

We ate seafood most of the past few days. Kady chose Roger WIlliams University, and it is situated right on the RI bay, so seafood was the only choice for meals. YUM!

WE also dined in their cafeteria too, and that was a treat in itself. All locally sourced made from scratch food. The quality was excellent and it was all delicious!

I totally get that! Sounds stressful!

I'm back to photobucket. I had been using my own website, but I can't get that to work on the new boards so I went back to photobucket since they came to their senses. It's worth $50 per year to not worry about my photos.
Wow, $50 a year to host your Photos? Is there a size limit?

I canceled my photobucket account a couple of years ago when they tried to charge me for 4 photos....

I have to do something, but I keep putting it off.

It is, but mostly because I found out my client deserves whatever is thrown at him. He had a second checkbook he never told us about. I found out and my employer insisted he give it up or we would not continue. He did, but was not happy. I have not gone out of my way to cause harm, and I will not, but I refuse to lie for him. He refers to these revenue agents as "sweetheart" LIke "What did Sweetheart say after I left?" Or "I had to drop a check off to Sweetheart today."

His audits never end well. This ine will not either.

DInner last night was at a local restaurant. I had a gyro. YUM!

We ate seafood most of the past few days. Kady chose Roger WIlliams University, and it is situated right on the RI bay, so seafood was the only choice for meals. YUM!

WE also dined in their cafeteria too, and that was a treat in itself. All locally sourced made from scratch food. The quality was excellent and it was all delicious!
Uggghhh so glad I did not have an audit.... but I would have been scared.

We are going to be in Omaha next week, and David wants to eat at all these places he found on Yelp. I am sure Iw ill come home heavier than I left.

Wow, $50 a year to host your Photos? Is there a size limit?

I canceled my photobucket account a couple of years ago when they tried to charge me for 4 photos....

I think my package it's $49.99 per year. I'm not sure how much storage it is without being on the site on my computer, but I'm using a third right now. I doubt I will ever go over that because when PB went to their crazy $400 per year phase, I learned to host the pictures on my own site. I had to shrink them a bit because evidently the hosting services adjust them for you automatically. I used upload my photos directly, and those were 2-4MB photos. Now I shrink them to 100-200KB, so it will take millions of photos to fill up that space.

We were in Omaha, NE for the last week. I had to go for work but David went for Baseball and I watched more baseball during that week than I have in any week in my life, even when I was playing ball. :eek:

We were in Omaha, NE for the last week. I had to go for work but David went for Baseball and I watched more baseball during that week than I have in any week in my life, even when I was playing ball. :eek:

LOL!!! My brother will find a ball game no matter where he goes. I think its funny, everyone in the family goes for a specific reason, and he finds a ballgame.

SO dinner has been spotty but decent. Kady's graduation party was Saturday, and while it was small it was fun. Traditional cookout, so burgers, dogs, baked beans, pasta salad and potato salad. Fixings and watermelon.

We also hired an Hawaiian Shave Ice cart to come in and make shave ice for everyone, and we rented a soft serve ice cream machine for the weekend. I am filled up on ice cream! LOL!

Tonight we are having burgers I think. Whatever is in the house. I have to grab Nola and Rylee from day camp and cannot stop at the store first. I forgot my purse at home. Yikes!

I hope all is well with all of you!

LOL!!! My brother will find a ball game no matter where he goes. I think its funny, everyone in the family goes for a specific reason, and he finds a ballgame.

SO dinner has been spotty but decent. Kady's graduation party was Saturday, and while it was small it was fun. Traditional cookout, so burgers, dogs, baked beans, pasta salad and potato salad. Fixings and watermelon.

We also hired an Hawaiian Shave Ice cart to come in and make shave ice for everyone, and we rented a soft serve ice cream machine for the weekend. I am filled up on ice cream! LOL!

Tonight we are having burgers I think. Whatever is in the house. I have to grab Nola and Rylee from day camp and cannot stop at the store first. I forgot my purse at home. Yikes!

I hope all is well with all of you!
That sounds like a great party and fun times. I should have come up for that, lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!