The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

Hi Marina! I also just found your TR at the bottom of page! Spent all morning reading! You are a better person than I am! I know the point was to spend time with the sister but after the first day I would have given her a copy of plans and if she didn’t make it to bus or ADR it would be see ya! You want to leave and not go to World Showcase? See ya! You know how to get back to CSR for your nap! :rolleyes:

It was so much fun reading about things no longer there that I miss. A Walk back in time! Even the name MGM! We also loved Spoodles. Went to P&P party, and loved the parade & fireworks and everything was walk on! I was so sad when they closed Great Movie Ride last year.

Thank you for an entertaining morning!

I loved reading this TR, even though you and Grumpy didn't have a great time personally, you really did try and put a great trip together for your sister and her partner, she at least got to experience a somewhat small portion of what Disney has to offer its guests.

I really liked the way you put together this TR especially with the little cliffhangers at the end of each post, I couldn't wait to read more.

I hope you have a lot more fun on your future visits to WDW, I can't wait for mine in Aug 19 :)

Found this via the bottom of the page and even though it’s 10 Ryan old, decided to read it, and OMG -⎌I laughed so hard Pepsi came. Out of. My nose!

Hope. Things arm gingnwell within ss family

I too just found your trip report and Oh my goodness you have the patients of a saint!!!!

Me, my mum and brother go to WdW every two years and love it so much, one year my sister, her husband and their 2 1/2 year old son came (in 2009) i was so excited to see WDW through new eyes but they were so frustrating, 3 bags they packed to take to the parks every morning until i got fed up lugging them around so packed 1 bag for them which had all they needed, they also brought their own buggy and then hired a buggy at the park so we were pushing an empty buggy around the parks!!

Loved your report

Do we want to wait around 2 to 2 1/2 hours just to eat dinner ?

Only if Jon Bon Jovi was serving it. Wearing an apron. Period.

"Grumpy, you handle it. I've had it, I'm done."

It's getting old. This is a vacation - I'm not supposed to be fighting for everything. Fighting to get people out of bed, from point A to point B, and now fighting to get a table for a dinner I booked two months ago.

Done. And to prove my point I leave the area and go check out the shop.

Grumpy tried. When she told the CM that we've been waiting in line for at least 20mns, the CM replied "Oh it hasn't been that long!". That's when Grumpy left, because you see I call her Grumpy for a reason. You do NOT imply to her that she's lying. That's just a badddddddddd idea.

So yes, we left. Quite angry. Alex was very disappointed. Jessi suggested we go back to eat at POP Century. Grumpy swore she was done with the 'Ohana Dining Factory. I said one thing "Let's just go to Epcot." There wasn't much to say.

We got on the monorail, off to the TTC to wait for the Epcot monorail. I needed to talk to Grumpy alone. Right nowish.

"Shoot, there's only two seats left in there. Come on Grumpy we'll get in another car. You gals get off at EPCOT, okay! Next stop, big ball, you can't miss it."

So Grumpy & I end up in a car by ourselves. She starts venting about 'Ohana but I cut her off.

"Oh, bull !!! You KNOW why we missed our reservation and the line wasn't the problem. You KNOW we're supposed to get there 15mns before our reservation time, not 10mns after. We missed it and we could have missed this morning's too because JESS IS LAZY AND WON'T GET OUT OF HER DARN BED!"

(I'm PGing it for you guys. We were alone in there, and I'm very, very fond of the f word, among others. )

"She spent the last five years doing nothing at home and now we shelled out 10K for her to lay in bed at Pop Century. I'm not putting up with this anymore. Either she keeps up or I'm leaving her behind for good."

Grumpy argues. We've barely been here one day. Let them get used to it.
I'm asked to "play nice" tonight. If tomorrow (it's our Seaworld day) we have the same problem, then we'll have to make a decision.

The monorail stops at Epcot and we join them. They're now both sulking. I have a feeling that Alex told Jessi off for making us miss our reservation while they were by themselves in the monorail.

It's Flower & Garden Festival !!! We're greeted by a giant topiary of Surfer Goofy. Very nice !!!!

IMG_5237.jpg

But we're still in a bad mood.
Everybody around us is skipping and smiling, and we look as if we are going to bury our childhood dog under Spaceship Earth.

Okay, I can't stand this. I've got to do something. It's somewhere between 5 and 6pm so the good rides are all 60-80ms wait. That's out of the question.

I spot Club Cool in the distance. We've never been.

"Guys, you want to do something fun and free ? Yeah ?"

Fun and free ? Sure they're all for it. We head into Club Cool. It's a very "cool" place indeed, the air conditioning feels good.

IMG_5241.jpg

We taste a little bit of everything. I stand in front of the Beverly dispenser on purpose. Jess actually likes several of the drinks - the veggie one especially. :eek: Grumpy likes it too ! Alex enjoys the strawberry Fanta and I absolutely love the ginger ale (forgot where it's from).

I'm glad we came here. It's relaxing and fun. We're a little sugar high after trying all these sodas and it can't be bad! But there's one thing I have yet to do.

While Grumpy is not looking, I fill up two little cups. One with Ginger Ale, and one with Beverly. Then I go to Grumpy and down the cup of ginger ale in one gulp.
"MMMMMMMMMMMMMM this is so good !!! It's called Beverly. Try it!"

And I hand her the cup of Beverly. Her reaction is milder than I expected but still video worthy, me thinks :)

I later tried the same trick on Alex. It didn't work. She liked it.
Of course, she also eats oeufs couvés (fetal duck egg). It's a thai specialty and the most disgusting food I've ever seen - and I've watched a guy make haggis.
If you're easily repulsed, do NOT click here:
http://storage.canalblog.com/00/08/215160/13024090_p.jpg

What, there isn't a vomit bucket smiley???????????

Anyway... Club Cool did make us feel "cooler". We made our way to World Showcase. On the bridge, Jess spots a silly birthday hat and of course she has to pop it on Alex's head and take a pic.

DSC00578.jpg

It takes me a little while to realize I'm standing right next to a huge topiary of Stitch on a lifeguard's chair. That perks me right up ! I LOVE STITCH ! Fluffy rules !

IMG_5245.jpg

Grumpy has a great idea. We were going to try & get a table at Nine Dragons for dinner (figured they wouldn't turn us away there), but she says, we're here, it's not 7 yet, why don't we try to get a table by the water at Cantina ??

Alright Grumpy, you rule too. Let's go.

We snap some pics on the way. Jess is taking forever to take her pics. I remind her nicely, since I've been asked to play nice, that we'll be back at Epcot soon but if we want a table by the water we can't waste too much time. Really I wasn't being mean. She has a point-and-shoot camera, it shouldn't take her 20mns to take a pic of a topiary.

Oh yeah, more topiaries !!

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

Since Donald is her favorite character I ask her if she wants me to take her & Alex's pic in front of him.

She grumbles a "no".

Play nice. Play nice. Why doesn't SHE have to play nice??

We're finally off to Mexico. Unfortunately all the lagoon-side tables are taken. There's one table for 2 left but of course, there are four of us. We find a table off to the side, just one "row" away from the lagoon. It'll do. But I keep an eye open just in case.

Since we're going to be there a while Grumpy suggests we start with a round of drinks and nachos. Jessi volunteers to watch our table- she's tired from all the walking. ;) There's no need to be three in the queue, so Alex stays too.

"Hi... Raul.Three margaritas, one Coke and one plate of nachos ,please."

"Why three ? Jessica can't drink alcohol!"
"I want one."
"But you don't drink!"
"Tonight I am. Believe me. I've earned it."

There's only two of us though and he won't let us order more than two drinks. I want to tell the guy that I've worked two jobs for the past 3 months in order to help pay for this vacation, that it's sucking so far, that we spent half of the time waiting for someone to either get up or get moving, and that we missed our reservation at 'Ohana. Would he let me have a margarita then ? Doubt it. So we order two, I help Grumpy carry the tray back to our table, then get back in line with another CM to buy mine.

"May I see some ID please ?"
"I'm twenty nine!!!!!!"
"I still need to see some ID ma'am."

Okay make up your mind. Either I'm a ma'am and therefore old enough to buy myself a margarita that most likely has less tequila than ice, or I'm under 21 and therefore a MISS.

In a way, it's flattering. On the other hand, WHY won't the mouse let me have a drink ??

So I leave, get my ID from the camera bag I left on our table. Grumpy is upset because she didn't get carded. And then I get back in line for the third time.

"Hi, I'm here with my sister, and all she wants to do is sleep, and we're late for everything, we missed 'Ohana, this is my ID, yes I *am* really French this isn't a fake, and yes that's how old I am, so can I please please with a cherry on top have a margarita now??"
LOL! I thought you said you were shy?!

Just scanning through this makes me so glad I plan to be a Solo traveler (until I have a partner, that is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!