The Widow, the Spinster, and the Missus take on Disneyland - A little OT Interlude in Napa 4/14

So where we last left off we had just enjoyed an insane dinner at the Chef’s Counter at Napa Rose. We had one full day left at Disney before we had to check out of the room, the weather forecast was good for today so we decided to go for it and get in as many rides as we could!

Now today it wasn’t just us four ladies. I’m not sure if I mentioned that I made a new friend back in December back when I met the twins from Seattle. They were also traveling with their friend Nathan that weekend, and I met him briefly. Allyson got to know him a little better than I had, and when he planned to visit the park on the same day as us, she asked if we minded him joining in. He is a great token male, and a lot of fun, so we made him an honorary gal for the day.

We decided to start with Toy Story, even though we rode it the day before, we’re always trying to do better. Jill and I rode together and we both got kitties.

x24DL0121DLR01.jpg

We were going to ride Racers, but it was down so next we rode Webslingers. I’m sure it was all four of us ladies in the car, and I’m sure I’m the low score here.

x24DL0121DLR02.jpg

But we got on the board!

x24DL0121DLR04.jpg

I think Racers came back up so we rode that next.

x24DL0121DLR05.jpg

And then Guardians

x24DL0121DLR06.jpg

By this point we were all feeling a bit peckish. We had agreed in advance that we would have lunch at the Plaza Inn, we had even agreed who would split because Jenny and Jill were team double mashed, and I was team green beans, and Allyson was willing to roll with whatever the punches were!

x24DL0121DLR07.jpg

Double Mashed….

x24DL0121DLR07a.jpg

We decided to get all nostalgic and ride Peter Pan….

x24DL0121DLR08.jpg

x24DL0121DLR09.jpg

I think at this point Jenny decided to go back to the room, she wasn’t feeling tip top and wanted to take a nap.

We decided to ride Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway next….

x24DL0121DLR10.jpg

Next up we hopped on Pirates!

x24DL0121DLR11.jpg

I’m so glad that my kitties are here!

x24DL0121DLR12.jpg

Next up was my last ride on the Haunted Mansion until next year. Too bad it was the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.

x24DL0121DLR13.jpg

x24DL0121DLR14.jpg

x24DL0121DLR15.jpg

Here we are being interrogated on Rise of the Resistance.

x24DL0121DLR16.jpg

At this point Jill and I were done and headed back to the hotel room to join Jenny. I think Allyson hung out a little longer with Nathan and his cousin. On the way back to the room I purchased this necklace and earrings.

x24DL0121DLR17.jpg

We were still stuffed from lunch and didn’t end up having anything for dinner. Monday morning Jill’s plane left at 11:30AM so we were out of the room by 9AM, so I could drop Jenny off at home and Jill at the airport. I even made it to my Monday morning Chiropractor appointment at 10AM (usually it’s at 9:30, but I scheduled it later for this day).

Another Epic girls trip in the books! We’ve already booked another 3-night stay for 2025!

Since I don't live in a cold climate, I wouldn't understand, but I certainly wouldn't travel to Denver in January.
Or here.
Well SNA is an easier airport to navigate, and the distance is a wee bit shorter than the drive to LAX, but they both require driving on the 405 freeway which really sucks regardless of the direction you go.
So which would you prefer?
I hope I don't have to do that on the way home from "The Peg". Then again, I had to change my flight. They changed it so that I left Winnipeg on Friday night and then spent the night in the Vancouver Airport cause my flight didn't leave until Saturday. They let me change it at no charge and now I'm going through Calgary instead of YVR.
Probably better. YYC is a smaller airport (relatively speaking) compared to YVR... Then again, YVR is one of the prettiest airports in the world...
She hung hooks in my pantry so that I could put my reusable grocery bags in there and not store them on the living room floor. :laughing:
By hook or by crook!
I didn't think about that when I was photoshopping it, I just didn't want to post the picture with my last name in it.
I can understand that.
Yeah, they offer single dipped or double dipped or no dip.....
Huh! Which way do you like it?
We do that every morning, but the texts usually start anywhere between 5AM and 6AM, so yeah, 7AM is sleeping in for us! :rotfl2:
Too early! Go back to sleep!
Yeah, but the other word doesn't work.....
Really? Let's try it out.

Feline.

Nope. Works just fine.
:lmao:
And I can't wait for our next trip! It's on the patio of our cabin!
ooooh.... nice! :thumbsup2
Yes, that's the fun with these kinds of dinners. They come up with such unique sorts of things!
So I'm seeing!

He is a great token male, and a lot of fun, so we made him an honorary gal for the day.
:laughing:
Jill and I rode together and we both got kitties.
Kitties! Rhymes with...

cities.
we rode Webslingers. I’m sure it was all four of us ladies in the car, and I’m sure I’m the low score here.
I'm surprised. I'd just assume that since you're the resident expert, that you'd clean up.
But we got on the board!
:thumbsup2
We had agreed in advance that we would have lunch at the Plaza Inn
mmmmm... Plaza fried chicken...
Jenny and Jill were team double mashed, and I was team green beans
I'll be on Jenny and Jill's team here. I don't mind green beans, but when I'm on vacation? Gimme d'em mashed taters n gravy.
Oh, how I love that ride. :goodvibes
Interesting shot! No one ever takes this... it's always shots of the ride.
I think at this point Jenny decided to go back to the room, she wasn’t feeling tip top and wanted to take a nap.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she felt better soon.
Next up we hopped on Pirates!
I need to get back and ride that. So much better than MK's version.
Rhymes with...

pretties.
Next up was my last ride on the Haunted Mansion until next year. Too bad it was the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.
I know we've had this conversation too. I know you get tired of it, but... having never seen it...

But...

I'm almost positive that once or twice would be enough. Love my classic HM.
Here we are being interrogated on Rise of the Resistance.
I hope you didn't spill any Rebel secrets.
On the way back to the room I purchased this necklace and earrings.
Very nice! It took me a moment to notice that the necklace is all Mickey heads. I can't tell for sure, but presume the earrings are, as well?
Another Epic girls trip in the books! We’ve already booked another 3-night stay for 2025!
Yay!

So glad you could amuse yourself! :flower3:
I had a brilliant time!
Did I miss saying that? Yes we did!
No you didn't, I checked, you did say it! 🤦‍♀️
This threw me at first, is was kind of like ew....and then I realized "mussel". :lmao:
Hehe! I wonder if that was an autocorrect or simply a mistype from yours truly!

Hopefully when next year rolls around there will be a new place to try, like Din Tai Fung!
I looked it up, sounds yummy!
He is a great token male, and a lot of fun, so we made him an honorary gal for the day.
He's lovely!
But we got on the board!

x24DL0121DLR04.jpg
Yeahhhhh we did!
Apparently we all got the memo for the ☮️ sign!
Allyson was willing to roll with whatever the punches were!

x24DL0121DLR07.jpg
Gererally am..I think we still struggled to finish this!

x24DL0121DLR08.jpg
:lovestruc:lovestruc
I feel like I remember thinking that they were extra loud too?
Next up was my last ride on the Haunted Mansion until next year.
Le sigh...who knows how long right?
On the way back to the room I purchased this necklace and earrings.

x24DL0121DLR17.jpg
Such a pretty set, can't wait to see you wear it!

So so epic! I wonder when I start my countdown 🤔

So which would you prefer?
Probably SNA, but LGB is the best!
Probably better. YYC is a smaller airport (relatively speaking) compared to YVR... Then again, YVR is one of the prettiest airports in the world...
Yeah, but I've been there plenty of times. I'd rather just get home once I'm on my way.
Huh! Which way do you like it?
I get mine single dipped. I think double would be too soggy.
Too early! Go back to sleep!
Well Jenny and Jill have to be up early for their jobs, so they just kind of end up waking me up.
Really? Let's try it out.

Feline.

Nope. Works just fine.
Wrong word. :p
Kitties! Rhymes with...

cities.
Well, yes it does.
I'm surprised. I'd just assume that since you're the resident expert, that you'd clean up.
I suck at all these games. Even though I get more practice, everyone always kicks my butt.
I'll be on Jenny and Jill's team here. I don't mind green beans, but when I'm on vacation? Gimme d'em mashed taters n gravy.
I actually really like these green beans. There's plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy even with the green beans. I like the variety.
Interesting shot! No one ever takes this... it's always shots of the ride.
I like vehicle loading/unloading shots!
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she felt better soon.
You know I don't really remember.....But she's better now.
I need to get back and ride that. So much better than MK's version.
::yes::
I know we've had this conversation too. I know you get tired of it, but... having never seen it...

But...

I'm almost positive that once or twice would be enough. Love my classic HM.
Yes, I do too which is why I hate that it's the NBC overlay for so long each year.
I hope you didn't spill any Rebel secrets.
Only the location of the base....
Very nice! It took me a moment to notice that the necklace is all Mickey heads. I can't tell for sure, but presume the earrings are, as well?
Yes the earrings are the same pattern of Mickey Heads.

Alison and I killed it (for us!) on TSM! Lift is too short to eat green beans at DL! Glad we got one last ride on HM (even with the overlay!) before it went down for the next year!

LGB is the best airport! It's close and I can wave at Alison's house when I go over!

Jill in CO

Yeah, but I've been there plenty of times. I'd rather just get home once I'm on my way.
Then I think you've made the right choice.
I get mine single dipped. I think double would be too soggy.
That was the first thing that I thought of too.
Well Jenny and Jill have to be up early for their jobs, so they just kind of end up waking me up.
Heh. Keep them up late. ;)
I suck at all these games. Even though I get more practice, everyone always kicks my butt.
You need to start cheating.
I actually really like these green beans. There's plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy even with the green beans. I like the variety.
Allllll yours.
Yes, I do too which is why I hate that it's the NBC overlay for so long each year.
Only the location of the base....
:eek:
Yes the earrings are the same pattern of Mickey Heads.
Very nice. :)
Lift is too short to eat green beans at DL!
Yes! :thumbsup2
Glad we got one last ride on HM (even with the overlay!) before it went down for the next year!
It's gone down... for a year???
Apparently, I don't need to go to DL any time soon, then.
LGB is the best airport! It's close and I can wave at Alison's house when I go over!

I had a brilliant time!

:goodvibes

No you didn't, I checked, you did say it! 🤦‍♀️

Hehe! I wonder if that was an autocorrect or simply a mistype from yours truly!

Good question! :confused3

I looked it up, sounds yummy!

Yes! They're a worldwide chain that started in China. There's already half a dozen in So Cal, but this will be the most convenient for me!

Yeahhhhh we did!

:thumbsup2

Apparently we all got the memo for the ☮️ sign!

Yup! ::yes::

Gererally am..I think we still struggled to finish this!

I think we did....I ended up chit chatting and then by the time I was done, I wasn't hungry anymore.

I feel like I remember thinking that they were extra loud too?

I think they always are, you just noticed more because you were riding with me.

Le sigh...who knows how long right?

They're saying that it will come back in 2025, that's a pretty wide margin.

Such a pretty set, can't wait to see you wear it!

I've already been wearing it quite a bit, but those earrings are a lot heavier than I anticipated. They're not good to sleep in. Generally I forget to take my jewelry off before my head hits the pillow.

So so epic! I wonder when I start my countdown 🤔

Depends for which trip!!!!!

Alison and I killed it (for us!) on TSM!

Finally!!!!!!!

Lift is too short to eat green beans at DL!

No it's not! And I'm going to make them at WDW too!!!! I like green beans.

Glad we got one last ride on HM (even with the overlay!) before it went down for the next year!

I know. At least we can ride it at MK in just a few weeks! :banana:

::yes:: And you can see my house if you don't land after dark!

Then I think you've made the right choice.

It seemed like the easiest to get me back home in the same scope that I had planned originally. Now I just need to figure out transportation to and from. Jim is having his knees replaced next month, so I hope he's all better and back on his feet by then.

That was the first thing that I thought of too.

Great minds! :teeth:

Heh. Keep them up late. ;)

They turn off their ringers at a certain point and don't hear me when I'm up late. :sad2:

You need to start cheating.

If I could figure out how, I would!!!!!!

Allllll yours.

Fine! I'm ok with that! :snooty:

It's gone down... for a year???
Apparently, I don't need to go to DL any time soon, then.

They are doing a MAJOR refurb. Like redoing it so that the ride is now Handicapped Accessible, and adding a real dump shop at the end. Not some little carts and such. The whole area near the train station is walled off. Do you remember the area where we sat and ate Beignets? Evidently they will also put in some sort of interactive queue like at WDW. They're saying it will be back up in 2025.

So we last left off with four of us ladies having a spectacular weekend at the Grand Californian, and a fantastic dinner at Napa Rose. Not even two weeks later, Jenny had scored a couple DVC studios at the new Disneyland Tower and she wanted to let me stay in one while she and her husband stayed in the other.

She got my room for one night and her room for two nights. While we were staying there it just so happened that Su-Lynn and Steve were in town and they were also staying at the DLH Villas as well! The two of them had already checked in the day before, and Su-Lynn had scored an upgrade to Concierge. She invited me up to enjoy the view and wait for Jenny and Michael to arrive as they were also on their way.

x24DL0201DLR01.jpg

I had a cup of coffee instead of anything more potent because our first stop was going to be Trader Sam’s.

x24DL0201DLR02.jpg

When Jenny and Michael arrived we all went down to Trader Sam’s and we scored a table inside. This was a good thing because it was raining that day.

I ordered the Piranha Pool. Stoli Strasberi Vodka blended with Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut, Strawberry Purée, and Blue Curaçao. Now you may say, “Alison, I thought you hated Coconut!” But with all the other flavors in there, I can’t taste the Coconut, so I let it go for this particular drink.

x24DL0201DLR03.jpg

I was starving as well, so I ordered the Ramen. Rich Pork-based Broth, Wavy Noodles, Pork Belly Slices, Fresh Green Onions, Shiitake Mushrooms, Sambal, Soft-boiled Flavored Egg, and Nori. Sorry, I ate part of it before I remembered to take a picture.

x24DL0201DLR04.jpg

That Tiki drink was just way too sweet for me, so I went with a Vodka and tonic for my second drink. Next time, I’m going to stick with drinks made with Rum.

x24DL0201DLR05.jpg

It was around this time that I got my text that my room was ready. Likewise, Jenny got a text too. We decided to settle up our bill and go check out the rooms. This hotel is very different than the Grand Californian!

x24DL0201DLR15.jpg

x24DL0201DLR06.jpg

x24DL0201DLR07.jpg

x24DL0201DLR10.jpg

Here’s the hallway to the bathroom.

x24DL0201DLR08.jpg

And the bathroom.

x24DL0201DLR09.jpg

The headboard is kind of cool. But the bed is very small.

x24DL0201DLR11.jpg

Once we all got settled in our rooms, Su-Lynn invited us back up to the Concierge Lounge. I enjoyed my complimentary glass of wine.

x24DL0201DLR12.jpg

Cheers! From the ladies! Oh look! And I'm wearing my jewelry from the last update!

x24DL0201DLR13.jpg

I was able to cobble together some dinner from the complimentary offerings.

x24DL0201DLR14.jpg

At this point Su-Lynn had a friend that she hadn’t seen in a long time and she was going to meet them in the park. Steve was going to do their laundry as they had been at WDW for a while and flew directly to California. I’m not sure what Jenny and Michael wanted to do, but I was craving something sweet. It had been a long time since I’d had the Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle from Ralph Brennan’s and I was determined to make that my dessert.

I think I needed to go back to the room to get my jacket and while I was there, I took these pictures of the hotel and lobby.

x24DL0201DLR19.jpg

x24DL0201DLR16.jpg

x24DL0201DLR17.jpg

x24DL0201DLR18.jpg

When I arrived at Brennan’s there was a 20 minute wait for a table, but the hostess told me that if I could find a seat at the bar, I could order there too. Luck would have it that there was a seat at the bar and I took it.

x24DL0201DLR20.jpg

I ordered a chocolate martini to go with dessert, and it was as fabulous as I remembered. However, it was WAY too much. In the past, Fran helped me finish this, there was no way I was going to finish it on my own, but I took it togo and ended up eating it in two different times. It was just as good reheated as it was the first time. Oh, and it came out way quicker than 25 minutes like the menu said.

x24DL0201DLR21.jpg

After I paid the check, I took my leftovers and headed back to the DLH. I could feel the sugar and diabetes pulsing through my veins and could tell that I was about crash hard, but it was worth it!

I ran into Jenny and Michael underneath the hat, and now they were hungry and in search of some food. I told them I needed to get close to a bed before I fell over and that I would see them in the morning. They ended up with Pizza from Naples and while they were dining, the rain came back, the skies opened up and they had to seek shelter. I slept through the whole thing!

The next morning when I woke up, I received the surprise that had somewhat soured me on the DLH Villas. There was a $55 charge on my credit card. When I inquired about this, it seems that for all other DVC properties (Aulani is also the exception) the “Occupancy Tax” is included in the annual dues, however that is not the case for the DLH Villas. So upon checkout you must pay the taxes.

For me, my favorite thing about a DVC stay is when the bill reads $0.00, so this was a huge bummer for me. If I had thought about buying into these Villas, now it was a hard pass.

But I didn’t let that spoil my fun for the day! Several weeks prior, I had posted on Social media about how I always end up a Beaver on TSMM. Su-Lynn commented that when they were out here she and Steve would help to fix that. Jenny was having a tummy ache, so she wanted to stay in the room. Her and Michael let me leave my bags in their room so I didn’t have to deal with Bell Services and I was off to meet Su-Lynn and Steve for some lessons in TSMM.

While they were here it was the Lunar New Year, and I stopped through the Grand Californian to see this Dragon. Sadly for another year, I missed all the food booths for the Lunar New Year.

x24DL0202DLR01.jpg

I met up with the two of them and we agreed that I would ride once with each of them and they could each give me pointers. First I rode with Su-Lynn. Still a Beaver.

x24DL0202DLR02.jpg

When I rode with Steve, he gave me a LOT of new information about things to unlock and such. But I still came out a Beaver again.

x24DL0202DLR03.jpg

Steve got the high score in the Vehicle!

x24DL0202DLR04.jpg

Steve and I rode Guardians before I decided to head for home.

x24DL0202DLR05.jpg

I had a meeting that night, plus Jill was flying into town. We still had more Disney fun coming up!

When Jenny and Michael arrived we all went down to Trader Sam’s and we scored a table inside. This was a good thing because it was raining that day.
What a score! There are so few inside!

Stoli Strasberi Vodka blended with Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut, Strawberry Purée, and Blue Curaçao. Now you may say, “Alison, I thought you hated Coconut!” But with all the other flavors in there, I can’t taste the Coconut, so I let it go for this particular drink.
I 100% would have been like "ummm Alison?!"
This hotel is very different than the Grand Californian!

x24DL0201DLR15.jpg
Wow, very different indeed! Interesting how the curves alternate on the corners of the celing!

That couch looks like a chesterfield (is this a Canuck word?) we had that was from the 70's! I'm sure it's more modern in real life!
But the bed is very small.

x24DL0201DLR11.jpg
Whoa! what size is that suppose to be?
Cheers! From the ladies! Oh look! And I'm wearing my jewelry from the last update!

x24DL0201DLR13.jpg
Some of my favs right there! :lovestruc
However, it was WAY too much. In the past, Fran helped me finish this, there was no way I was going to finish it on my own, but I took it togo and ended up eating it in two different times. It was just as good reheated as it was the first time. Oh, and it came out way quicker than 25 minutes like the menu said.

x24DL0201DLR21.jpg
I remember you sent me a pic of I think the 3rd round of it!

There was a $55 charge on my credit card. When I inquired about this, it seems that for all other DVC properties (Aulani is also the exception)
That seems like a lot considering what we paid at Aulani!

x24DL0202DLR04.jpg
Wowzas! go Steve!!

Another fun time at the DL!

I ordered the Piranha Pool. Stoli Strasberi Vodka blended with Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut, Strawberry Purée, and Blue Curaçao. Now you may say, “Alison, I thought you hated Coconut!” But with all the other flavors in there, I can’t taste the Coconut, so I let it go for this particular drink.
I thought you had been abducted by aliens there for a minute!

Can't wait to stay at the DLH villas with you in May but I hate that they charge the tax on check out!

Jill in CO

Jim is having his knees replaced next month, so I hope he's all better and back on his feet by then.
Both at once? Yikes! Hope he'll be okay.
They turn off their ringers at a certain point and don't hear me when I'm up late. :sad2:
Then you do the same.

Nah. I think you enjoy it, despite the early hour. :)
If I could figure out how, I would!!!!!!
They are doing a MAJOR refurb. Like redoing it so that the ride is now Handicapped Accessible, and adding a real dump shop at the end. Not some little carts and such. The whole area near the train station is walled off. Do you remember the area where we sat and ate Beignets? Evidently they will also put in some sort of interactive queue like at WDW. They're saying it will be back up in 2025.
You know... I'm pretty happy about all that. Anything that makes HM better? Heck ya! I'll wait for a year.

Not even two weeks later, Jenny had scored a couple DVC studios at the new Disneyland Tower and she wanted to let me stay in one while she and her husband stayed in the other.
Nice!
Su-Lynn had scored an upgrade to Concierge.
She seems to have a knack for this. I must learn her ways!
Despite the construction, not a bad view. :)
When Jenny and Michael arrived we all went down to Trader Sam’s and we scored a table inside.
Very nice. I really enjoyed my time there... despite my difficulties in getting a drink that I liked.
I ordered the Piranha Pool. Stoli Strasberi Vodka blended with Pineapple Juice, Cream of Coconut,
Okay, stop. I was right there with you until you came up to the dreaded coconut. Nope!
Now you may say, “Alison, I thought you hated Coconut!” But with all the other flavors in there, I can’t taste the Coconut, so I let it go for this particular drink.
I'd taste it. I can taste it even in very minute quantities. I've had people swear up and down there was no coconut in something that I've said there was. Then we look at the ingredients and...
I was starving as well, so I ordered the Ramen. Rich Pork-based Broth, Wavy Noodles, Pork Belly Slices, Fresh Green Onions, Shiitake Mushrooms, Sambal, Soft-boiled Flavored Egg, and Nori.
mmmm... that sounds great.
Next time, I’m going to stick with drinks made with Rum.
:sad2: All yours.
This hotel is very different than the Grand Californian!
Very. But I kinda like it. :)
The headboard is kind of cool. But the bed is very small.
Agree on both points.
Oh look! And I'm wearing my jewelry from the last update!
Yes you are. Nice. :)
Lovely photo of you ladies. :)
Steve was going to do their laundry as they had been at WDW for a while and flew directly to California
This has got to be the definition of first world problems!
I took these pictures of the hotel and lobby.
I like it. Modern.
the hostess told me that if I could find a seat at the bar, I could order there too.
I've done that at a few places. Don't mind at all. :)
I think I'd have to try that root beer float. :)
It was just as good reheated as it was the first time. Oh, and it came out way quicker than 25 minutes like the menu said.
Okay.... maybe I'd have the bread pudding too... despite the fact I'm more of a milk chocolate fan than a dark.
I could feel the sugar and diabetes pulsing through my veins and could tell that I was about crash hard, but it was worth it!
The next morning when I woke up, I received the surprise that had somewhat soured me on the DLH Villas. There was a $55 charge on my credit card. When I inquired about this, it seems that for all other DVC properties (Aulani is also the exception) the “Occupancy Tax” is included in the annual dues, however that is not the case for the DLH Villas. So upon checkout you must pay the taxes.
grrrr... Sure would've been nice to know that ahead of time.
For me, my favorite thing about a DVC stay is when the bill reads $0.00, so this was a huge bummer for me. If I had thought about buying into these Villas, now it was a hard pass.
Totally see that.
Jenny was having a tummy ache, so she wanted to stay in the room.
Poor Jenny. Sorry to hear that.
When I rode with Steve, he gave me a LOT of new information about things to unlock and such. But I still came out a Beaver again.
But now maybe you can improve with all the new tips.
Dude's a pro!
I had a meeting that night, plus Jill was flying into town. We still had more Disney fun coming up!
Always a fun time at Alison's place! :goodvibes

What a score! There are so few inside!

I guess 2PM on a Thursday is a good time for an inside table.

I 100% would have been like "ummm Alison?!"

Yeah, I know. :confused3:

Wow, very different indeed! Interesting how the curves alternate on the corners of the celing!

I didn't even notice that!

That couch looks like a chesterfield (is this a Canuck word?) we had that was from the 70's! I'm sure it's more modern in real life!

I was going to say that I've heard of Chesterfield cigarettes, but when I went to Google it, the first suggestion was Chesterfield sofa. So it's evidently a thing and not just a Canuck thing.

Whoa! what size is that suppose to be?

I'm not sure what size they claim it is, but I'm pretty sure it's a double and not a queen like other studios have.

Some of my favs right there! :lovestruc

:blush:

I remember you sent me a pic of I think the 3rd round of it!

It was so good! I can't wait to have it again!

That seems like a lot considering what we paid at Aulani!

I was totally blindsided!

Wowzas! go Steve!!

Another fun time at the DL!

:thumbsup2:

I thought you had been abducted by aliens there for a minute!

:laughing: Yes, but I think you've seen me drink that drink before! We definitely need to get to Trader Sam's in May, and this time drink Rum!

Can't wait to stay at the DLH villas with you in May but I hate that they charge the tax on check out!

I can't wait either, but first we have to go to Disney World and stay in the Copper Creek Cabins and Concierge at AKL. We bougie!!!! :lmao:

Both at once? Yikes! Hope he'll be okay.
Some people do that.....He's going to have a hard time when he goes home. He lives on the 2nd floor.
Then you do the same.

Nah. I think you enjoy it, despite the early hour. :)
I can't. If a tenant calls with an exploded angle stop in the bathroom, I need to hear the phone and call someone for an emergency.
She seems to have a knack for this. I must learn her ways!
Despite the construction, not a bad view. :)
I thought so!
Very nice. I really enjoyed my time there... despite my difficulties in getting a drink that I liked.
Yeah, hard thing to find a drink at a Tiki Bar when you don't like Rum! :laughing:
Okay, stop. I was right there with you until you came up to the dreaded coconut. Nope!
I'd taste it. I can taste it even in very minute quantities. I've had people swear up and down there was no coconut in something that I've said there was. Then we look at the ingredients and...
I'm surprised that I don't taste it......
mmmm... that sounds great.
It was very good!
Lovely photo of you ladies. :)
Thanks! :blush:
This has got to be the definition of first world problems!
Absolutely! :lmao:
I've done that at a few places. Don't mind at all. :)
As long as it's just one or two people it's great to skip a long wait.
I think I'd have to try that root beer float. :)
I'm sure that would be good too, but I couldn't even finish my one dessert. I ate it on three different times!
Okay.... maybe I'd have the bread pudding too... despite the fact I'm more of a milk chocolate fan than a dark.
It actually tastes more like milk chocolate when it all comes down to it. Just super chocolatey.
grrrr... Sure would've been nice to know that ahead of time.
I read something about it on the VGC thread, but didn't quite understand what the person was talking about. I remember saying, "there's something unusual about the VDH, and before I consider buying there I need to nail down what that is." That's what it was.
Poor Jenny. Sorry to hear that.
She got better that afternoon.
But now maybe you can improve with all the new tips.
I did better on Thursday!
Always a fun time at Alison's place! :goodvibes

getting there!

So we last left off with me playing a round of Toy Story with Su-Lynn and Steve in the morning, and coming home to welcome Jill flying into Long Beach. I had yet another online meeting as she was arriving, so she had to take an Uber from the airport. We chatted a bit, and then went to our respective bedrooms, it had been less than two weeks from when we saw each other last.

In the morning, we had planned to go out for brunch. Funny thing is that it was Jenny’s idea, but she ended up not being able to join us. We went to a “new to me” restaurant called “The 908”. All the zip codes in Long Beach begin with 908 so that’s an appropriate name.

We started off with some adult beverages. Get used to this, you might be seeing a bit of this combination. Mine is the Bloody Mary and hers is the Mimosa.

x24DL0203DLR01.jpg

Jill went with their French Toast, and we split a side of bacon.

x24DL0203DLR03.jpg

I went with the pancakes and fried chicken. This was delicious and worked out well for me. I only ate about ⅓ of the chicken, but all of the pancakes. We took home half of Jill’s French Toast which I ate for Breakfast later in the week. I turned the bacon and leftover chicken into a very tasty “Club Style” sandwich for Sunday night’s dinner.

x24DL0203DLR02.jpg

After Brunch we went looking a Open Houses. Recently Jill has been put on Work from Home permanently. She would love to move to a more moderate climate, so we decided to see what was out there so she could set her expectations realistically. The verdict so far, not much.

On the way back to my house, we stopped by to say “hi” to Jenny who was working, and then we got changed for dinner. Jill and I wanted to try our luck at TSMM before our dinner reservation so we headed out to disney around 2 o’clock.

The line was long and moving super slow, so we only got in one ride. Jill did good, I still got beaver, again.

x24DL0203DLR04.jpg

Then we had to move it to get to our dinner reservation. My friend came through again for Su-Lynn and Lesley and their Beaus. Here’s all of us ladies.

x24DL0203DLR05.jpg

Lesley and her guy.

x24DL0203DLR06.jpg

Su-Lynn and Steve….

x24DL0203DLR07.jpg

We were a little early so we ordered some cocktails while waiting for our table.

x24DL0203DLR08.jpg

x24DL0203DLR09.jpg

We were eventually shown to our table.

x24DL0203DLR10.jpg

x24DL0203DLR10a.jpg

Now for this dining experience I’m only going to be covering mine and Jill's dishes because after the fact it is way too tough to figure out who had what when it’s almost two months later.

Now I did it again, I chose two from the second course and skipped the first courses. For my first course, I went with the Pan Roasted Diver Scallop, Beluga Lentils, Forager Mushroom. This was so much better than the Scallop dish at Napa Rose. Sorry!

x24DL0203DLR12.jpg

Clearly our waiter was not following the wine pairings on the menu because it was supposed to be served with a Chenin Blanc from Vouvray and this is clearly from Champagne.

x24DL0203DLR11.jpg

Jill had the Asian Pear and Red Gem Lettuce Salad, Hazelnut Tangerine Vinaigrette

x24DL0203DLR11b.jpg

Her pairing was evidently according to the menu because it was supposed to be some sort of Rose which this clearly is. That’s the only wine picture that she got!

x24DL0203DLR11a.jpg

Also from the second course section, I chose the Creamy French Onion Soup, Braised Beef, Gruyere Cheese. This was super tasty and I think several other people at the table got this as well!

x24DL0203DLR14.jpg

This was served with a Gamay, Joban Lardy, Fleurie La Vivier, Beaujolais Cru, France 2018.

x24DL0203DLR13.jpg

Jill got the Duck Confit, Potato Gnocchi, Tender Greens

x24DL0203DLR14a.jpg

Then it was time for the mains. Our server deviated from the menu again, because this is definitely NOT what the menu says.

x24DL0203DLR15.jpg

I had the Roasted Colorado Lamb Chop, Cheddar Yorkshire Pudding, Apple Compote. I think Steve had this as well. We both loved it! I ate the entire thing which is a first for me!

x24DL0203DLR16.jpg

Jill had the Grilled Filet Mignon, Bacon, Sweet Potato, Cabernet Essence. She liked it, but couldn’t finish the whole thing.

x24DL0203DLR16a.jpg

I got her leftovers and made Hungarian Goulash over Pappardelle pasta two nights later. I had my leftover chicken from breakfast as a sandwich the next night.

x24DL0203DLR16b.jpg

x24DL0203DLR16c.jpg

But I digress, back to dinner at the Club!

For my dessert they poured me a Tawny Port, which was again different from the menu which had a Madeira paired with this dessert.

x24DL0203DLR17.jpg

I had the Decadent Chocolate Pave Bar, Cookie Butter Blondie. This was excellent. I believe it was the same thing I had in December.

x24DL0203DLR18.jpg

Jill went for the Lemon Cranberry Cheesecake, Lemon Creme Fraiche, and it was paired with the Inniskillin Ice Wine, Cabernet Franc, Niagara Peninsula, Canada 2019. She loves a good Cheesecake and this did not disappoint!

x24DL0203DLR18a.jpg

We Topped off our Nite with a Club 33 coffee. It was a first time for many and everyone loved it!
x22DL0127GS17.jpg

And that was the end of our evening. I believe they gave us some Petit fours, but I forgot to take a picture and I ate them the next day.

Stay tuned as our trip on the Bougie Train continues!

:laughing: Yes, but I think you've seen me drink that drink before! We definitely need to get to Trader Sam's in May, and this time drink Rum!

I can't wait either, but first we have to go to Disney World and stay in the Copper Creek Cabins and Concierge at AKL. We bougie!!!! :lmao:
I can't remember after a few Tiki drinks! ;)

Oh darn, twist my arm to go stay at Copper Creek and Concierge at AKL!
o we last left off with me playing a round of Toy Story with Su-Lynn and Steve in the morning, and coming home to welcome Jill flying into Long Beach. I had yet another online meeting as she was arriving, so she had to take an Uber from the airport. We chatted a bit, and then went to our respective bedrooms, it had been less than two weeks from when we saw each other last.
You forgot my first harrowing Uber story! I usually use Lyft (they are a better run company IMHO) but I get an Uber credit with my Amex so wanted to use it. So I'm in the Uber, headed to Alison and sort of spacing out when the driver, who spoke basically no English, pulled over to the side of the main road that goes outside of Alison's neighborhood to let me out. It's 9pm and pitch black and I'm trying to tell this guy he actually needs to take me all the way to the house. Turns out Uber puts the location pin not in Alison's driveway but behind the wall of her backyard which backs up to the main street. I finally convinced the driver to take me to the right place but I was worried for a minute! I'm going back to using Lyft!
After Brunch we went looking a Open Houses. Recently Jill has been put on Work from Home permanently. She would love to move to a more moderate climate, so we decided to see what was out there so she could set her expectations realistically. The verdict so far, not much.
Well, I can afford a house in SoCal after I will Powerball tonight. :)
I got her leftovers and made Hungarian Goulash over Pappardelle pasta two nights later. I had my leftover chicken from breakfast as a sandwich the next night.
I think Alison just invites me so she can eat my leftovers! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes::)

Dinner was fantastic and the company even better! We totally approve of Leslie's new beau and Su-Lynn and Steve are always great company.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter