The Worst Trip-Reporter Ever

MeandMyBoys

Mouseketeer
So, my title sums it up. I cannot write a trip report, nor can I write a pre-trip report. Sadly, I love to write, yet cannot seem to get my act together enough to write a report about my family's visits to Disney. I'm going to give it another try. If it doesn't work this time, I promise that I will never even try again! It's not that I'm one of those well-loved trip report writing people whom everyone would miss if I never wrote again, but I feel disappointed with myself for my failure to actually write a real trip report.

I will give you the cast of characters, sans pictures because DH doesn't like that. However, we have a giant Stitch that I'm thinking could be the stand in for the family photos.

I am Ariel, a 42 year old redhead, stay at home mom. I have a background as a teacher and as an attorney, but currently, I am a part-time university teacher and a public school board member. :eek:

DH is Grumpy, not because he really is, but because he likes Grumpy! He is a teacher, attorney and also a university teacher. He might not love Disney quite as much as me, but he still likes it a lot!!

DS #1 is 13 and he's Sorcerer Mickey. He thinks he's too old for Disney stuff, but he still loves going to Disney. He's all about the roller coasters and anything fast! :smickey:

DS #2 is 11 and he's Goofy. Actually, he's not all that Goofy, but that's his favorite character! Goofy is a little bit nervous about the roller coasters.
:cool1:

DS #3 will turn 9 on the drive down to Disney and he's Stitch. He really is Stitch - not only is Stitch his favorite character, but he really is Stitch!! He's still young enough to love the characters, but old enough to have a good time! :banana:

We didn't really plan a Disney trip this year. We went last August and planned to do something else this year. But this May will be our 20th wedding anniversary and since we celebrated our honeymoon in Disney, we really wanted to plan a Disney trip for our 20th anniversary. DH is a teacher and we can only travel during school breaks, so we decided this weekend that we'd plan another August trip. We're DVC members, and we were able to make reservations at BWV and we love staying there.

I will really try my very best to update this PTR on a regular basis. It'll be something new for me, but will fit in with my New Year's resolution to be more organized!

Last week, Grumpy and I decided that we should see if we could make plans for a week in Disney this August. We weren't really planning a family trip this summer, but Grumpy and I hoped to plan a short vacation around our anniversary this year to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Unfortunately, there's too much going on this year and we just can't. We're hoping to plan a weekend in NYC (we live on Long Island) around our anniversary. We decided to see if we could schedule a week in Disney in late August to celebrate Stitch's birthday and our anniversary.

I was very happy to learn that I could get a 1BR unit at BWV in August, so we're all set for a room. I thought that the boys would all be thrilled by the plans, but was sad to learn that Goofy isn't all that excited about visiting Disney AGAIN. I think he's over it by now, but it was kind of a bummer. How could one of my children not be excited by the prospect of visiting Disney? Is he really related to me??

So I have a room, we're driving down and now I'm waiting until next week to make dining reservations! I'll let you know how that goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts