The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am SOOOOO happy you've been able to reschedule for May!!! Even though it's not the EPIC trip you imagined, it'll be a nice little reset and something to look forward to in the meantime.

I've only been for Flower and Garden once, the year I was pregnant with Jimmy. It was such gorgeous weather while we were there!! Epcot looks incredible with all those colorful flowers and topiaries everywhere....I selfishly cannot wait for YOUR pics because I know they'll be UH-mazing!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I was so happy to see Tess post on Facebook that all was well. What a way to celebrate a birthday!!

Umm, and didn't you say something about an update??? I pretty sure that was you...:rolleyes1

Here! So glad you were able to reschedule and excited to follow along with this new PTR.

That was Kde175..... no worries. all is good here. Parks to open tomorrow and we are out of lock down and able to walk around the resorts.

SO SORRY! I did have the two of you mixed up! so so sorry!
TELL ME EVERYTHING! How was it!

They don't do Star Wars weekends any more but a lot of fans still go down then. Last year Disney did some special stuff during that time.
Liz

I didn't think so.. I was afraid of this. But we will only do one day at HS. so it shouldn't be too awful? Who knows..

April 18th-May 2nd. I would have loved a Dis-meet!

Ugh. Dang it! we will miss each other!

I am SOOOOO happy you've been able to reschedule for May!!! Even though it's not the EPIC trip you imagined, it'll be a nice little reset and something to look forward to in the meantime.

Thank you!
No we will re-do the epic trip.. we have to.
Your right we just need to get here and have some Disney magic. It's been way too long now!! WE NEED SOME MAGIC!

I've only been for Flower and Garden once, the year I was pregnant with Jimmy. It was such gorgeous weather while we were there!! Epcot looks incredible with all those colorful flowers and topiaries everywhere....I selfishly cannot wait for YOUR pics because I know they'll be UH-mazing!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously cannot wait to see it all and figured this would be perfect time for a shorter trip. You know i am not into crowds. A friend of mine said last may was pretty crowded. This will be an in and out.
while taking thousands of pictures.

I know, I was so happy to see Tess post on Facebook that all was well. What a way to celebrate a birthday!!

Yes.. I was really worried. But the pictures she showed are just adorable!!
She had an adventure for sure!

Umm, and didn't you say something about an update??? I pretty sure that was you...:rolleyes1

I did! Even had it all written out. Time ran out -was going to post it on Tuesday-
But I had a salad which they put egg in it when i asked NOT TO and i had a food allergy for the last two days. I was stuck on the couch for two full days! I hated it but Tom and i watched you tube disney videos all day. He is on vacation- never canceled his.. SO i hope to RE DO THE THING today

Here! So glad you were able to reschedule and excited to follow along with this new PTR.

YAY YAY YAY!
Thank you!
So glad to have you along!

Change? Who me?

yeah.. Well... I did.

Last week I thought i would try my luck in calling Disney.. First time they said the lines were busy and was disconnected.

I logged onto the site and lo and behold:

stitch-ate-the-page.jpg

Stitch is really becoming a thorn in my side.

Humm... I don't give up that easily.. I know people were calling like crazy about their own upcoming trips and Hurricane Irma coming in..

depositphotos_5064479-stock-photo-stressful-work.jpg

I called again and POOF I was ON!
Spoke to a wonderful CM - Prince. (I thought it was fitting.)

After searching and searching he was able to come up with another resort!

Wanted something new.. remember?

Wanted something we haven't done!

I know your thinking hard --- which resort did they pick??

giphy.gif

Well it's not new to us...

tumblr_n5jokbwcwv1s2wio8o1_500.gif

I KNOW I KNOW!

But it was one of the resorts I wanted in the beginning!!

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
5259_91_z.jpg

TECHNICALLY we have stayed here twice before- so it's around the same as AOA..........

BUT!!!

Reality - one stay with our friends Nicole and Family..

Second time I don't count since it was one short night before we moved into AOA for the surprise trip in 2014. Never went to the pool, didn't even wander the General store which is my favorite! In and out.. We did eat at the food court.. Because YUM!

Look how little he was all tuckered out and comfy

This needs to be
reenacted. There is no possible way he can fit like this again..

The rooms now are decorated adorable!!

It's just so beautiful and relaxing!

This is the pool is where Peanut started swimming!!

The slide dunked her under water. She came up coughing--when finished asked to go on again.
Why?

Because Disney is MAGIC!

I remember the kids running from the little pool here

To the BIG pool posted above! They were all so cute and fearless!

Back to this trip-
To stay cheap.. a resort which holds great memories, a general store to take all my money, food to make me fatter-- why yes! Port Orleans it is!

Yes - the rooms are a lot smaller with one bathroom. We will be falling over each other
It's only 5 days i know we can manage! If not I will kick everyone out and keep the room to myself. ::yes::

To be able to grab this room we did have to change the dates around. We will check in on May 6th until 11th.. Not only did we change the dates they added on a day! We are 6 days and 5 nights!

Not going to get real comfortable with the dates..

I was bed ridden the last two days with food allergy. Someone spiked my salad with eggs.
:sick: Tuesday and Wednesday i wasn't able to move off the couch or... Well you don't need to know the rest.
Today i am back at work both jobs no less. I have to be ok.
The only GOOD thing was Tom and i were able to watch TONS of videos on Flower and Garden. (and Irma) We have a list of all the
deliciousness which will happen..

We did come across something interesting thought i would share:

It's interesting!

I hope you all have a magical day!

Continuing prayers for all who have been affected by Irma.
florida_strong_designs_apron_dark.jpg

Tom and i came up with a game plan.. which will change. I know it. :hyper:

We're staying at POR next month. It will be our third time there and this time we plan to spend a little more time enjoying it. We love the pool and the pool bar is great, especially in rainy weather. :) It is the only moderate resort we've stayed at, which says a lot. ;)

We did come across something interesting thought i would share:
Someone said that they saw the Bucket Family at the Beach Club during Hurricane Irma. I never heard of this family but they do look cute. :)

Last edited:
YAY!! This sounds so awesome :) And think of all the then and now pics you can do with the kiddos!!

Port Orleans French Quarter was the first place I stayed and it was SO beautiful. I would love to stay at Riverside again soon!

Hi Mo! Had to finally say something on your trip report..love reading but never saying much, until now! We are DVC and we always find time to stay at POR- LOVE this place so much...large but still doesn't feel like it. Are you staying in the mansions or AB?

Love watching the bucket list family, their kids are adorable. Another one to watch is timtracker. Tim and his wife Jen post videos everyday and are the cutest couple. They always have something about universal, Disneyworld, Disney Springs or many things around FL. Their last one was regarding Irma and they still have no electricity so their videos are every few days until it's turned back on.
Our favorite time to go is in May, F&G is so beautiful plus the food!

We will be staying at BW and the new CCV but will miss POR for sure!

We're staying at POR next month. It will be our third time there and this time we plan to spend a little more time enjoying it. We love the pool and the pool bar is great, especially in rainy weather. :) It is the only moderate resort we've stayed at, which says a lot. ;)

your right. this is a great resort!
This is one of the resorts that is close to my heart like Poly! So beautiful and relaxing!
This is the only moderate we've stayed at too...

Someone said that they saw the Bucket Family at the Beach Club during Hurricane Irma. I never heard of this family but they do look cute. :)

We stumbled upon them while searching anything Disney and Irma. they are super cute and their kids are adorable.
I'm sure Beach Club is one of the resorts! It takes a lot of guts to up sell everything you own and go across the world with 2 kids!

YAY!! This sounds so awesome :) And think of all the then and now pics you can do with the kiddos!!

You know how i love my now and then Photos!!! I do love POR and all it's lush glory. the pool is great and the bar is even better! LOL

Port Orleans French Quarter was the first place I stayed and it was SO beautiful. I would love to stay at Riverside again soon!

We can't stay at FQ unless i leave someone behind! LOL they only hold 4 people. Tom would have to sleep in the lobby under the scary mardi grais things..
It's a great resort I do love it tons! Im not a huge fan of the way the rooms are set up, like i said we won't be in there long just to sleep and get ready.

Very cool! That is another one of my bucket list resorts. Someday...

You've never been? It's a MUST! Just love the low key ambiance, slow paced, lush paths. it's beautiful! I do hope you get there one day.

Hi Mo! Had to finally say something on your trip report..love reading but never saying much, until now! We are DVC and we always find time to stay at POR- LOVE this place so much...large but still doesn't feel like it. Are you staying in the mansions or AB?

Hi there! Glad you came along! and posting! YAY!
Im jealous your a DVC! where is your Home base.
Isn't it beautiful?
Oh we have to stay Alligator Bayou the French Quarter only sleeps 4. Like i said to Jackie otherwise Tom would have to sleep in the lobby! LOL

Love watching the bucket list family, their kids are adorable. Another one to watch is timtracker. Tim and his wife Jen post videos everyday and are the cutest couple. They always have something about universal, Disneyworld, Disney Springs or many things around FL. Their last one was regarding Irma and they still have no electricity so their videos are every few days until it's turned back on.

I have never heard of them before! It take some serious guts to up and sell everything to go on an adventure with 2 little ones!! I can't even imagine!
TIM TRACKER! LOVE HIM AND JEN! I was waiting for an update out of them and how they did with the hurricane especially with their dog Bandit! LOL
Who else do you watch?

Our favorite time to go is in May, F&G is so beautiful plus the food!

This is going to be a first for us-- i am so excited to see everything so colorful! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! cannot wait!

We will be staying at BW and the new CCV but will miss POR for sure!

What is CCV?
BOARDWALK! oh how i want to stay there... one day.. one day we will get there.. I will forego the Poly to stay at Boardwalk!

Want to wish you all a happy and magical weekend! I will be working job #2 and the kids game on Sunday!

Be good to each other!

Hi Mo! I thought I'd jump into your PTR while it is still young :)
I've followed along on your TRs, they are wonderful. May is becoming our favorite time to go. We went this year and it was amazing.
Looking forward to all the planning posts!

Su-Lynn

I love Tess and Charley and how game they are to dress...that Victoria and Albert's photo?? Just stop!! Love!

Riverside?? Oh yes!! Perfect for your crew. We stayed there a long time ago and loved it a lot.

I did't realize you have an allergy to eggs. Must be pretty severe to lay you low for so long. I'm glad you're better now. Hope your weekend is going well and that they win their game on Sunday. We leave in 3 days...getting pretty excited!!!:yay:

Subbing in! We are planning a May trip (just for 2019) AND we want to stay at POR. So I will be feeding off of you for inspiration. ;)

CCV stands for Copper Creek Villas. They are at the Wilderness Lodge. They turned the regular resort rooms in the south wing of the resort into villas and studios.

STOP IT! Your staying at the cabins?? They are absolutely gorgeous! I was just looking at them with Bryan! (he is rescheduling for October) PLEASE PLEASE post pictures! I cannot wait to see them in your point of view.

Hi Mo! I thought I'd jump into your PTR while it is still young :)
I've followed along on your TRs, they are wonderful. May is becoming our favorite time to go. We went this year and it was amazing.
Looking forward to all the planning posts!

HI!!!!! So glad you came aboard! Thanks for following, your too kind...
How were the crowds? I'm so used to Sept crowds ya know LOW! LOL
I am excited to see everything in spring!! Going to be a GOOD TIME!

I love Tess and Charley and how game they are to dress...that Victoria and Albert's photo?? Just stop!! Love!

They are amazing. such a FUN couple. But so are you.
She makes the most AMAZING costumes!! I had to put Meg's belle dress away and i cried..

Riverside?? Oh yes!! Perfect for your crew. We stayed there a long time ago and loved it a lot.

It's so pretty.. The kids will love the pool, I will love the bar. so it's a win win! LOL

I did't realize you have an allergy to eggs. Must be pretty severe to lay you low for so long. I'm glad you're better now. Hope your weekend is going well and that they win their game on Sunday. We leave in 3 days...getting pretty excited!!!:yay:

I do. It messes with my stomach for about a week. Yes i am back to eating like a fool and anything put in front of me! HA HA
AHHHHHH your going in three days! I am so so jealous! I hope you have the most magical time!
I hope we can meet there again one day!! I loved our small time together! your whole family is just the best.
WE WON! I will post about it in a minute!

Subbing in! We are planning a May trip (just for 2019) AND we want to stay at POR. So I will be feeding off of you for inspiration. ;)

YAY!!! So glad your here!
FUN TRIP! how long are you staying? Yes any questions you have or anything you want and need just post away!! SO SO Happy to have you!

Sorry everyone i worked all weekend today is a typical Monday. everything has a fire and no one knows how to put them out.
Grrrrrrr
I have some videos to post soon from the game!!

HI!!!!! So glad you came aboard! Thanks for following, your too kind...
How were the crowds? I'm so used to Sept crowds ya know LOW! LOL
I am excited to see everything in spring!! Going to be a GOOD TIME!

When we went the first week of May, it was amazing, low crowds, GREAT weather, it literally became my most favorite time to go.
When we returned two weeks later closer to memorial day weekend, it was HOT and a little more crowded, although not insane.
I think early May would be just like September crowds but with better weather. I hope!
:)

We are planning a trip for my 40th, but I am very hesitatant to pull my oldest DD from school. She will be in 11th Grade and I don't want to make it any harder on her than it already is. So, if May doesn't happen for my ACTUAL birthday, our second choice would be Spring Break....ugh....I'm scared to go that week. (Last week of March, 2019) I hear so many horror stories about crowds....although I am a commando trip planner, I would still worry it would be super chaotic and unjoyable.....meh.

STOP IT! Your staying at the cabins?? They are absolutely gorgeous! I was just looking at them with Bryan! (he is rescheduling for October) PLEASE PLEASE post pictures! I cannot wait to see them in your point of view.

No, we are staying at POR. It was @debedo who was staying at CCV. I would love to stay at the cabins. They have screened in porches, a picnic table, a hottub, and a fireplace. But they cost $2,000 per night and that is way too much money to spend unless we won the lottery. ;)

I am here finally. We had a wonderful vacation despite a visit from Irma, that b*tch. Honestly, I slept through the worst of it. Parks were pretty empty Thursday, Friday, Saturday and again on Tuesday. Disney took very good care of everyone. There were only 35 people on the plane coming home on Saturday.

I could be talked into making another costume for a certain minion....

We are going at the end of April....Disney March 2014 003.JPG Here is a picture of one of the topiaries from F&G - this was in 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!