The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We just got back from universal and WDW. One of my girls could not wait to be done with Universal. We basically did everything in 1 1/2 days. DH found us an amazing deal at Portifino bay. We only stayed for one night but had the express pass for both days. With the no real wait for the rides, it was so quick. It was also too cold for us to do the water rides. We wound up back at magic kingdom that night after checking into Animal Kingdom Villia.
I love our DVC membership. It makes one part of vacation planning so much less stressful.

Oh no! Why didn't she like it?
I would NEED at least 3 days only because of the travel time would kill us for anything less. Express pass is a huge need for us. I cannot see why someone would pay all that money just to sit in lines.. I want to get as much done as possible.
October is still warm enough to be able to do the few water rides i think that would be ok!?!
Im tossing about either buying new through Disney or resale???

I hope you get the job!

I'm trying to figure out how we can go back to Disney when DD1 has a basket ball tournament at ESPN in 2 months. Staying at a hotel between WDW and universal.

Thank you! Me too!!!
Oh I am sure you will make it work! HA HA! can't wait to hear how you finagle going to Disney park!

SOOOOO? How did the interview go? I've been thinking about ya!!

We shall SEE!

Interview with a CM--

Hope you all had a great weekend.

My Mom is in the hospital so any prayers or good vibes would be appreciated! She may have pneumonia...

Met up with a friend of ours on Saturday to a haunted jail. It was amazing to see everyone. We really didn't go looking anything really.. only spend about 1/2 hour in the jail more or sitting around and catching up with old friends!

Friday I left here early to get ready for the interview and pay my respects for the fallen police officer's funeral. I cannot even put into words all the amazing support he received.

Peanut came with me- Because it's a Disney store and she had money to spend!! It was a 'group' interview. But she only took two of us since we were there early- I think it went great She excused the other person and kept be behind to talk and show me around backstage -- so that has to be something right? She also told the other candidate she would let her know by Tuesday but told me she would call me today. I had a good feeling about this.. But we shall see.
FINGER CROSSED AND PIXI DUST NEEDED to get my job back!!!

Because of my mom in the hospital is really scaring me- i started taking chantix last night Kids are really on my case to quit. So it's time again. I feel weird and i had some strange dreams. Nothing i can't handle i can get through this to quit smoking..

Now it's time to go back to a strict budget in the house. They are not going to be too happy with me. In the end it will make everyone happy when we go on a vacation!!!

images

My Mom is in the hospital so any prayers or good vibes would be appreciated! She may have pneumonia...

Sorry to hear this, hope she is feeling better soon.

Met up with a friend of ours on Saturday to a haunted jail.

That sounds like fun!

She excused the other person and kept be behind to talk and show me around backstage -- so that has to be something right?

That sounds really, really promising, I hope you get it!

Because of my mom in the hospital is really scaring me- i started taking chantix last night Kids are really on my case to quit. So it's time again. I feel weird and i had some strange dreams. Nothing i can't handle i can get through this to quit smoking..

You can do this! I'm sure you saw but just in case, Disney parks are going smoke free on 5/1. That means you will have to leave the parks in order to smoke. Even more motivation for you to quit. ::yes::

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!! I have heard of SO many people catching pneumonia this winter and now even in spring. I hope she is on the mend quickly!

I think it went great She excused the other person and kept be behind to talk and show me around backstage -- so that has to be something right? She also told the other candidate she would let her know by Tuesday but told me she would call me today. I had a good feeling about this.. But we shall see.
Oh, boy, oh, boy!! That does sound promising!!! I will continue to keep my fingers crossed and sending pixie dusted vibes your way!

Oh no! Why didn't she like it?
I would NEED at least 3 days only because of the travel time would kill us for anything less. Express pass is a huge need for us. I cannot see why someone would pay all that money just to sit in lines.. I want to get as much done as possible.
October is still warm enough to be able to do the few water rides i think that would be ok!?!
Im tossing about either buying new through Disney or resale???
She didn't like the vibe. Both my girls had no interest in the wand. In fact they got stressed by the crowds interacting with their wands in both Harry Potter areas. She did say she liked the Hulk coaster.
We will go back to universal at least 1 in the next 18 months since before we went I convinced DH we wanted to go back after Hagrid's coast opens. The price to upgrade was a lot less than a 2 day 2 park ticket.
I hope your mom feels better and gets out of the hospital soon.

Now it's time to go back to a strict budget in the house. They are not going to be too happy with me. In the end it will make everyone happy when we go on a vacation!!!
Get them involved in the budgeting. Also if you quit smoking just thinking about that extra money going towards a vacation fund

I hope you hear good news about the job soon!

Sorry to hear this, hope she is feeling better soon.

Thank you!

That sounds like fun!

It was. I kinda want to get back into it. Just not every weekend.

That sounds really, really promising, I hope you get it!

Me too.

You can do this! I'm sure you saw but just in case, Disney parks are going smoke free on 5/1. That means you will have to leave the parks in order to smoke. Even more motivation for you to quit. ::yes::

I swear all my facebook feed was 100% about smoking ban and strollers!!! people got down right nasty about it too.
My decision really didn't have anything to do with the ban as much as i have been feeling like crud and it's time.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!! I have heard of SO many people catching pneumonia this winter and now even in spring. I hope she is on the mend quickly!

She's doing better.. Thank you!!!

Oh, boy, oh, boy!! That does sound promising!!! I will continue to keep my fingers crossed and sending pixie dusted vibes your way!

I thought it did too.

She didn't like the vibe. Both my girls had no interest in the wand. In fact they got stressed by the crowds interacting with their wands in both Harry Potter areas. She did say she liked the Hulk coaster.
We will go back to universal at least 1 in the next 18 months since before we went I convinced DH we wanted to go back after Hagrid's coast opens. The price to upgrade was a lot less than a 2 day 2 park ticket.

Meg wants the wand. I am only buying ONE and they can share it. Plus She is a HUGE stranger things fan- so going in October is a win win for my spooktacular family! you know how much they LOVE halloween!

I hope your mom feels better and gets out of the hospital soon.

Thank you!!!

Get them involved in the budgeting. Also if you quit smoking just thinking about that extra money going towards a vacation fund

I hope you hear good news about the job soon!

I agree- I started yesterday i haven't finished. Try to get what i can done today too. but since it's Mayoral run off day i don't know how much i can get done.
Your not kidding! I am going to save tons of money when i quit!!! That alone will probably pay for the trip!!!
Thank you!!!

Update on Nothing!

Spoke to my mom yesterday- seems as if she does have phenomena they are pumping her with antibiotics. so that's good.

Day 2 & 1/2 of taking chantix- last night i didn't have the crazy dreams not upset stomach! :woohoo:
Can't wait until it kicks in and i just don't want it anymore.. I feel like crud!

I have not heard back from the store. Apparently it didn't go as i thought?!?! Maybe the other groups did better then i did. :confused3 who knows so i went ahead and put in another application to another store. Nuttin is gunna bring me down! :thumbsup2

Today is the day we find out who my new boss is going to be.- I am nervous. Mayoral election day.

:dumbo:To get my mind off of all this yuck- Want to take the kids to see dumbo today. :dumbo:
Have any of you seen it yet? Checking now for a 5.00 Tuesday show! I will be bring a lot of tissue!

GrouchyNextAfricanfisheagle-max-1mb.gif

I have not heard back from the store. Apparently it didn't go as i thought?!?! Maybe the other groups did better then i did. :confused3 who knows so i went ahead and put in another application to another store. Nuttin is gunna bring me down! :thumbsup2
Hmmm. That's a bummer! Especially when she was supposed to get back to you yesterday, right? Blah. Well, hopefully she just got delayed and will call you today :) I will stay positive with you!

Today is the day we find out who my new boss is going to be.- I am nervous. Mayoral election day.
Jimmy and I were #7 in line to vote first thing this a.m. It's about to get interesting around our city either way, I think!!

:dumbo:To get my mind off of all this yuck- Want to take the kids to see dumbo today. :dumbo:
Have any of you seen it yet? Checking now for a 5.00 Tuesday show! I will be bring a lot of tissue!
I haven't seen it, but I've heard a lot of very mixed reviews. Of course, I will go myself and make my own opinion. I cried hysterically from the previews...thank you, "Baby Mine!" Have fun!!

I'm thinking of getting a brick, too!! Rob bought me one at Sox park for our 1st Anniversary. Jimmy is always mad that his name isn't on that brick--he just does not get that he wasn't born yet!! I'm thinking getting one from WDW would be special to us, and he can finally stop griping about it LOL

I haven't seen it, but I've heard a lot of very mixed reviews. Of course, I will go myself and make my own opinion. I cried hysterically from the previews...thank you, "Baby Mine!" Have fun!!

You know i am a HUGE Tim Burton fan even more of a Danny Elfman fan.
I was not prepared for the total story change nor was I was not thrilled with the music. Wasn't a fan of Dumbo's noises.
If this was a movie by itself i would say it was amazing. But it's Disney's Dumbo.
I DID like the pink elephant scene the pink elephants were exactly the ones from the cartoon
Honestly Dumbo is really really cute kinda wanna squish him cute.

I'm thinking of getting a brick, too!! Rob bought me one at Sox park for our 1st Anniversary. Jimmy is always mad that his name isn't on that brick--he just does not get that he wasn't born yet!! I'm thinking getting one from WDW would be special to us, and he can finally stop griping about it LOL

I have sox tickets. I'll let you know when we are going i want to see the brick! LOL

Yep the first time we went there i wanted to do something either in EPCOT or the bricks..So now i guess i will just BUY one for MY HOUSE! BOOYAAAAAAAAA

Disney ones are better then the sox ones.. Just sayin.. :stir:

Nothing fun to announce

I stopped at the hospital yesterday to see my mom- She is looking better very puffy from all the steroids. She looks better and taking it day by day. Thankfully she said she is DONE with smoking! YAY! so all your prayers and warm thoughts are working thank you!!! Still will be a resident of the hospital for a while until she can breath and walk without issue!

Speaking of day 3 and 1/2 i had the upset stomach from the pills no crazy dreams-- Feel like i need to start the smoking updates with "captains log" I do believe i am smoking less -- Just started to watch how much i am smoking.

Not a word from the the store. I will be calling them today. Either put me out of my misery or let me start planning..

I have a new boss- I pray she can turn this city around- and leave my pension alone.

otherwise i have been trying to catch up with everyone's reports not commenting since i am so behind.. But i am getting there!

I am missing Disney today and would love to see your FAVORITE pictures of Disney you took.
Here is mine.

The WE ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEY PICTURE always brings a smile too your face!

I mean look at all those happy faces!!!

Then of course the castle

I can go on and on and on but i wont... you know how i am with pictures!! So now i wanna see yours!

If this was a movie by itself i would say it was amazing. But it's Disney's Dumbo.
I DID like the pink elephant scene the pink elephants were exactly the ones from the cartoon
Honestly Dumbo is really really cute kinda wanna squish him cute.
What a bummer!! I know they changed the whole second half of the movie...we got the movie picture book donated to our classroom, so I read that and ruined the storyline for myself before even seeing the movie!!

Sounds like you agree with what I've been hearing from most people too. Sigh. Poor Dumbo.

I have sox tickets. I'll let you know when we are going i want to see the brick! LOL

Yep the first time we went there i wanted to do something either in EPCOT or the bricks..So now i guess i will just BUY one for MY HOUSE! BOOYAAAAAAAAA

Disney ones are better then the sox ones.. Just sayin.. :stir:
Definitely let me know when you're going :) Our brick is pretty easy to find! And I fully agree, while I love my Sox brick, a Disney one is far superior, obviously!

I can go on and on and on but i wont... you know how i am with pictures!! So now i wanna see yours!
I LOVE your castle pics in this post! And love your photograhy in general!! But I'll share some of my favs--coming up next!

SERIOUSLY! HOW PRECIOUS! I just love your trips so so much!!! plan on coming back with update. Nothing much to report.. no word yet!

So I wanted to pop in and say hello and join in on the party. I have a lot of reading to do but my youngest is anxious to go for a walk (and we really need to get some walking in before our trip at end of July) so I will catch up later tonight. Can't wait to read the latest PTR and talk again soon!!!!

*all caught up. Man what a whirl wind you have gone through these last two years. I also realized that it has been way to long since I have been on the Dis and I miss all of this. Hope this year goes better and you will finally be able to get a trip in. Also good luck finding a new job at a Disney Store. I know people at the Gurnee Mills outlet but I am sure that is way to far for you to:rotfl2: drive everyday.

Last edited:
So I wanted to pop in and say hello and join in on the party. I have a lot of reading to do but my youngest is anxious to go for a walk (and we really need to get some walking in before our trip at end of July) so I will catch up later tonight. Can't wait to read the latest PTR and talk again soon!!!!

HI!!! How are YOU!!!
How was your walk! And you are a trooper for going in July!

*all caught up. Man what a whirl wind you have gone through these last two years. I also realized that it has been way to long since I have been on the Dis and I miss all of this. Hope this year goes better and you will finally be able to get a trip in. Also good luck finding a new job at a Disney Store. I know people at the Gurnee Mills outlet but I am sure that is way to far for you to:rotfl2: drive everyday.

it was a rough time there for a while But all is well I refuse to let anything get in my way of staying positive!

we will be going back i am starting my devious planning now. we will go to U.S. in October for sure. Just when to go to Disney is up in the air..

we were just in Gurnee this past Saturday! LOL.. and yes it is a very far drive for me! LOL

HELLO ALL!

First update on my Mom- THANK YOU all for your good thoughts and prayers!!
She has double Phenomena- Came home from the hospital last week Thursday..
We got into a HUGE argument-- She picked up a DAMN CIGARETTE! She hung up on me and we haven't spoken in 2 days.

ME update and the no-smoking
Captain's log Day--- 10
I was getting worried the pills weren't working with the exception of slightly getting sick and the weird dreams. It wasn't deterring the urge to smoke.
Until yesterday- I have the urge. but when i start to smoke i don't want it and throw it away- then i get a little sick to my stomach - SO FINALLY i can honestly say i am on the good path! YAHOO! I will continue to take the pills and continue to not want them until i am FREE of the chains!
With the cigarette money alone i can probably pay off a Disney trip twice over.

J.O.B.
I still haven't heard from them- So i called yesterday was told i would get a call hopefully this Friday.
tenor.gif

Today I need to get organized. I need to put a few video's up. I need to get my pictures organized and put on my external hard-drive.
I want to start another family movie too.

Boys have a game tonight since it's out by where the Disney store USED to be -hoping to meet up with one of my supervisors who is giving peanut a sewing machine for her ears! FUN!

Shall we keep going with picture games?

What about Magical Moments?
I have two major magical moments-
1st from 2011- we were coming out of Winnie the pooh and was approached by a few CM and a long story about Peter pan wanting to pixi dust someone--
we were given this:

It was big enough for like 10 people!!

THEN! In 2014 CM noticed Peanut and her beat up FAMOUS Duffy and gave them this:

I cried..

These are our most magical memories with CM's

What's yours?

I have a few! My first magical moment is all the way back in 2008. We walked off the Magical Express at the Beach Club, a CM walked up to me and said "How many in your party?" I said "Three" She said "You guys have been upgraded to Club level!" We were so psyched because we didn't know what that meant (novices).

My second came a few years later, my friends and I rented points at OKW and on our last day we were bumming. We were waiting for the bus for EPCOT and it was taking FOREVER, but we were sitting there making the most of it, took over an hour for the bus to show up, BUT the CM took pity on us and gave us a "Magic Fast Pass" good for ANY ride! We were so thrilled for our pixie dust!

Next up was our trip in September 2018. My new husband and I went to the Yacht club for a weekend away to unwind after the wedding. It was a random last minute trip, but we paid under $300 a night so I felt like we had to go. Well we get there and once again we are upgraded to CL! DH had no clue what that meant but I did! We only had one day planned in the parks that trip so it was super great to have the CL to get snacks and drinks etc.

FINALLY our last MOST magical moment came a couple months later. We just got off our Irma cancelled/rescheduled to a year later cruise and were on our way to the Grand Floridian for my once in a lifetime stay there. I have wanted to stay there since I was little and the cast of Full House stayed there. Well we check in and our room is not ready, but we can go hang out in the CLUB! Yes we were upgraded AGAIN to CL! Only this time we had a MAGIC KINGDOM VIEW MAIN BUILDING room! I cried! We watched the Xmas wishes from our balcony and it was the most magical moment of my life.

Worst part of this is, my DH now expects this happens frequently! Sorry babe, we just got REALLY lucky lol.

My magic moment was the trip we did in October 2008. We were at Magic Kingdom. My girls were 3. Dani started to talk to a cast member at mickey's house. Next thing we are be brought in to meet Mickey and Minnie without waiting in line. I wish I could find the picture from that trip.- found it in an old trip pre-trip report.

20081027030.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter