Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Morimoto, Boathouse, Paddlefish, Maria & Enzo's and Terralina are all my must-do's. Homecomin' is fine - but I have enough southern food here that I don't feel the need to eat there. Now, to get my squeeze bottle filled with Sweet Tea Shine? That's a completely different story ...

Being from the Midwest I don't get southern food much at all. I need to try Terralina and Paddlefish.

Come to Funkytown. I will take you to eat Idiocracy food and meet Big Tex.

The Texas fair is definitely on the list!

Update...

Still running sort of... I am running at least 3-4 days a week. My schedule is just so nuts and its only going to get more nuts with school starting next week. I need some sort of routine but who knows if I will find it. I also need the weather to be normal. One day its 70 the next its 85 with crazy humidity.

I am still contemplating the Brewers Mini. Its $95 now since I didn't register before August 17th. I am also thinking about just doing the 10k part of it. That's $65. I am just so unsure what to do. I could totally run a half but I am not sure it would be the half I want it to be.

Heading into our third game week for football. We are currently 1-1. We lost our second game 42-36. Our special teams gave up a kick return for a touchdown which was probably the biggest difference maker. Very good game though. We should win this week barring anything crazy.

That is all I guess. Fastpass day for Wine and Dine is in 5 days so I guess I need to figure out what I am doing each day.

Sorry you aren't feeling it on the running right now and that your schedule is making it so tough. :(

But exciting that FP day is so close for Wine & Dine!! Woohoo!!

Sorry you aren't feeling it on the running right now and that your schedule is making it so tough. :(

But exciting that FP day is so close for Wine & Dine!! Woohoo!!
Thanks, I wouldn't say I'm not feeling it as much as I don't want to wake up at 5-6AM to run but I may have to start doing that. I am probably going to have to change to evening runs which I am not incredibly fond of.

I don't blame you for not wanting to be up crazy early to run. But I also get not being fond of evening runs. It is so much easier to get runs in during the summer.

You *could* just not plan out your days and wing it for W&D...:rotfl2:I'm kidding...kinda...

Sounds like you are off to a good football season!

I don't blame you for not wanting to be up crazy early to run. But I also get not being fond of evening runs. It is so much easier to get runs in during the summer.

You *could* just not plan out your days and wing it for W&D...:rotfl2:I'm kidding...kinda...

Sounds like you are off to a good football season!
What is winging it at Disney? Do people do that? ;)

I much prefer a mid morning run 8-9AM. Once school starts next Tuesday that can't happen.

What is winging it at Disney? Do people do that? ;)

I much prefer a mid morning run 8-9AM. Once school starts next Tuesday that can't happen.
Seriously, I guess people wing it all the time :confused3 I mean I never have but I guess it can be done? Happy planning!:)

I hate getting up early too. After trying to get my walks in after work and not having time due to the kids activities I started getting up at 5:30 to walk. I walk with my DH as it is dark I won't walk by myself when it is dark. I am pretty crabby during our walk until about the end when I finally wake up. I did realize this week that going at that ungodly time of the morning is much cooler then trying to go between 5 and 8 pm. You will get your routine figured out after school starts next week.

A) SIGN UP FOR THE HALF. Just do it.
B) Or the 10k, whatever. Just do something.
C) I can only do early morning runs because my motivation level in the evenings is gone.
D) Can you swing a mid-afternoon nap? Because maybe morning runs would be better if you could look forward to a snooze later.
E) Yay for FP Day!!!

A) SIGN UP FOR THE HALF. Just do it.
B) Or the 10k, whatever. Just do something.
C) I can only do early morning runs because my motivation level in the evenings is gone.
D) Can you swing a mid-afternoon nap? Because maybe morning runs would be better if you could look forward to a snooze later.
E) Yay for FP Day!!!
Once school starts I will have classes pretty much 8AM-1PM each day then football practice from 3:30Pm-6:00PM.

Once school starts I will have classes pretty much 8AM-1PM each day then football practice from 3:30Pm-6:00PM.
So you can totally squeeze in a power nap between the two. You don't need to do any homework anyway, right?? Haha.

Sign up for the half. If you're going to spend the time and money on a race, at least it can count towards PoT.

Winging it?? The horror! :eek:

I'm gonna jump on the train .... SIGN UP! For something. Half is better because POT, but the 10K if you think the half is too much of a commitment for right now. Being signed up for a race kinda forces you to keep running when you're too busy to have time to run.

Also, re: early AM runs. It's hard. Really, really, hard. I was so exhausted when I woke up at 5am for my run today that I considered working from home so that I could nap during that hour when I would normally be commuting. But you find a way to make it work. Whether that's going to sleep earlier or alternating morning and evening runs or just running entirely on fumes (that's what I do ... not recommended), you find a way to make it work.

I'm looking forward to reading about all of your W&D FP+ plans! Are you planning to go to Epcot to get the Annual Passholder F&W gifts? I really want that cutting board, but I don't think I can swing a trip during F&W, and definitely not a 4-day trip. But even just the magnet would be cool. That only requires a one day trip. Hmm...

Sign up for the half (or the 10K)!!! Do it! Do it! Isn't it terrible how much we enable one another?
I'm pretty sure that reading so many people here talk about what it feels like to finish a marathon played a role in the idea of actually running a marathon eventually turn into registering for one. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. If we enable each other in setting appropriate goals and encourage each other in the pursuit of those goals, we're actually helping each other.

Update!

Fastpass day came and went. I almost forgot about it (I know right?) This being an AP thing makes me not worry about them so much anymore. I also moved some reservations around so here is what I currently have planned now...

November 1st

Fly in
Expo
2:40PM-3:40PM Space Mountain
3:45PM-4:45PM Big Thunder
Sanaa Dinner (I probably won't keep this since it seems I will be at MK this day. I originally wanted to be at AK but couldn't get a FoP FP.)
7:50PM-8:50PM Mine Train

November 2nd

Fall Feast 5K
Hollywood Studios EMH
10:50AM-11:50AM Everest
12:25PM-1:25PM Navi River Journey
1:30PM-2:30PM Dinosaur
Chefs de France 4PM
Eat to the Beat 6:45PM

November 3rd

Wine and Dine 10K
10:05AM-11:05AM Soarin
11:05AM-12:05PM Spaceship Earth
2:35PM-3:35PM Living With the Land (Epcot FPs rather suck)
Candy Sushi making! 3:30PM

November 4th

Wine and Dine Half
12:50PM California Grill Brunch
2:20PM-3:20PM Rock'n'Rollercoaster
3:55PM-4:55PM Alien Swirling Saucers
5:20PM-6:20PM Tower of Terror
Wine and Dine After Party 8PM-1AM (not sure I will stay that late (I probably will because I am crazy))

November 5th

Animal Kingdom EMH
Kilimanjaro Safaris 9:30AM-10:30AM
Flight of Passage 11:25AM-12:25PM
Boathouse Lunch 1:15PM
2:50PM-3:50PM Everest
Flight home

Okay I know it looks like a lot but I am not a napper and I don't really like to sit and relax so for me I like it. I wasn't able to snag a Slinky Dog FP yet.

In other news, school starts tomorrow. I am meh about that. College costs too dang much!

I haven't signed up for the Brewers mini yet but probably will within the next few days...

Update!

Fastpass day came and went. I almost forgot about it (I know right?) This being an AP thing makes me not worry about them so much anymore. I also moved some reservations around so here is what I currently have planned now...

November 1st

Fly in
Expo
2:40PM-3:40PM Space Mountain
3:45PM-4:45PM Big Thunder
Sanaa Dinner (I probably won't keep this since it seems I will be at MK this day. I originally wanted to be at AK but couldn't get a FoP FP.)
7:50PM-8:50PM Mine Train

November 2nd

Fall Feast 5K
Hollywood Studios EMH
10:50AM-11:50AM Everest
12:25PM-1:25PM Navi River Journey
1:30PM-2:30PM Dinosaur
Chefs de France 4PM
Eat to the Beat 6:45PM

November 3rd

Wine and Dine 10K
10:05AM-11:05AM Soarin
11:05AM-12:05PM Spaceship Earth
2:35PM-3:35PM Living With the Land (Epcot FPs rather suck)
Candy Sushi making! 3:30PM

November 4th

Wine and Dine Half
12:50PM California Grill Brunch
2:20PM-3:20PM Rock'n'Rollercoaster
3:55PM-4:55PM Alien Swirling Saucers
5:20PM-6:20PM Tower of Terror
Wine and Dine After Party 8PM-1AM (not sure I will stay that late (I probably will because I am crazy))

November 5th

Animal Kingdom EMH
Kilimanjaro Safaris 9:30AM-10:30AM
Flight of Passage 11:25AM-12:25PM
Boathouse Lunch 1:15PM
2:50PM-3:50PM Everest
Flight home

Okay I know it looks like a lot but I am not a napper and I don't really like to sit and relax so for me I like it. I wasn't able to snag a Slinky Dog FP yet.

In other news, school starts tomorrow. I am meh about that. College costs too dang much!

I haven't signed up for the Brewers mini yet but probably will within the next few days...
You’re not going to the meet up on the 3rd? I think it’s at 2pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!