The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

I'm thinking about taking a break from the show. None of the storylines appeal to me anymore with maybe the exception of JT surviving and somehow getting out of his grave in order to torment nasty Victor and Victoria. Anyone else feeling bored with it?

I'm thinking about taking a break from the show. None of the storylines appeal to me anymore with maybe the exception of JT surviving and somehow getting out of his grave in order to torment nasty Victor and Victoria. Anyone else feeling bored with it?
I have been bored at times or unhappy with certain storylines (I DVR the show and fast forward through content that I don't like if necessary). I just ride the roller coaster of the show as it goes through it's cycles.

I am a Young and the Restless loyalist. I grew up watching soaps with my mother and grandmother my entire life. In 1973, I remember finding out when I was 8 years old that a new soap opera was coming on the air and telling all my friends. I have watched the show from day one. When I was in school, my grandmother would fill me in on the plot. When VCR's were invented, I taped it, and when DVR's came along, I recorded it. I love when old characters come back. I hate when they replace beloved characters with new actors. I like the new Billy, but he will never measure up to Billy Miller in my eyes. Artificially aging the children drives me crazy. There are always some characters that I can't stand and others that I love.

In other words, I'm in it for the long haul.

Hi all....
wow cant believe this thread is still going....was hear for years with Honey Dip who started it but many had left and it slowed way down....was on the DIS and thought I would search to see if was active again...and here you are :)

Last edited:
So where do I start......lets see.....Victor is for sure not well but not sure if he is still recovering or if something else is going on that we don't yet know about.The fact that the arbitrator gave Nicks son to him is typical soap opera bad writing. There was no need to take Christian away.

Arturo...he is for sure up to something.

After all this time one would think that the writers would do better with Neil and his family...instead they just added their kids/his grandkids into the mix and they have terrible stories as well. Oh and I still don't like Devon....:crazy:

Phyllis still makes me laugh...and at first I did not like her with Billy but I like them together now....they are a fun couple.:love2:

The story about killing JT and throwing his body in a ditch in the middle of Chancellor park is priceless...silliest story ever, made me go "Oh come On" when they were doing it, but again its a soap...

I miss Lauren and Michael being on all the time...Michael is one of my favorites.

Jacks son and Summer act like they are both 12 year old children....they are perfect for each other :crazy: but they are hard to take all the time with their constant whining.

I have been watching this show since I was 15....Im 60...my husband just started watching with me and he is hooked...lol...after all this time...we have been married for 39 years one would think he would have started before now. He knew the characters because he would watch from time to time...but he looks forward to the show.

Any news on if they are replacing Eileen Davidson ? again? Unless they give her what she wants and she will stay....so many people gone...its like a skeleton crew.....

Anyway.....that is my take .....have a great day :flower1::flower1:

I wonder if Arturo and the girl living with Hilary and Devon are working together to take some rich folks???

I was born in 1973 and always watched with my mom. Didn't really get into it until high school. I don't like Neil, Lilly, Cane, NuBilly and Victor...wish to heck the Victor actor would retire. It is well past his prime. Also not liking Summer and Kyle but the two should be together as they are 2 peas in a pod (both wanting and trying to ruin their parent). I like Hilary and will be sad to see her go. I always liked Ashley...UNTIL...recently with her fighting with Jack. Don't like her anymore so she can go, I won't miss her. The show really screwed over Jack, time and again. Sad.

Hi all....
wow cant believe this thread is still going....was hear for years with Honey Dip who started it but many had left and it slowed way down....was on the DIS and thought I would search to see if was active again...and here you are :)

Great to see you back! I always looked forward to reading what you and Honey were thinking about the show. Hope you'll continue to check in. I'm still watching at least for now. If they mix it up with Arturo and Shawna emerging as villains, it might gain my interest again. Here's hoping!

With Eileen pregnant in the show ( and real life?) this gives an opportunity for contract negotiations while out on maternity leave. Summer, OMG. Is Jack really gonna be a Chancellor or is the mom leading him on with her dementia?

With Eileen pregnant in the show ( and real life?) this gives an opportunity for contract negotiations while out on maternity leave. Summer, OMG. Is Jack really gonna be a Chancellor or is the mom leading him on with her dementia?
You mean Hilary (not sure her real name)? Eileen is Ashley and she's nearing 60...she's not pregnant, is she?

You mean Hilary (not sure her real name)? Eileen is Ashley and she's nearing 60...she's not pregnant, is she?
So I do have the names wrong. Hillary ( ok I think her name is Michale or something like that). So now I'm confused. Isn't the actress for Hillary leaving the show?

So I do have the names wrong. Hillary ( ok I think her name is Michale or something like that). So now I'm confused. Isn't the actress for Hillary leaving the show?

Someone posted that Hilary/Mischale will be leaving the show since contract negotiations failed. I don't like her character so I won't miss her if this is indeed true.

Someone posted that Hilary/Mischale will be leaving the show since contract negotiations failed. I don't like her character so I won't miss her if this is indeed true.
Yeah that's what I heard too. Didnt know Eileen (Ashley) was also leaving.

So...I don't watch B&B. I have seen bits over the years and used to watch, early on. But I hate a lot of those characters (like Ridge). Anyway, I have been catching more of it since I am with my mom and she watches. I see a familiar face and turns out it's Nia from Dance Moms. She's a nice kid but young to be on a soap, no? ANd not the best actress.

I watch B&B. They took on a few actors from my old stories that were cancelled ( One Life to Live). I wonder if she will move over to B&B? I’m getting bored with the Liam/ Stephei on and off relationship. Don’t like the new Hope ( she looks way too young).

I like this thread so much better without all the spoilers. That was ridiculous.....spoilers and nothing else. I thought EB did a great job on his GC Buzz meltdown. I will miss Eileen....Ashley is my favorite character along with Nikki. Seems like Summer has been on every damn day since she returned. Don't care about Hilary and Devon but don't want them to lose the baby. Can't wait til Jill returns in 2 weeks.

I like this thread so much better without all the spoilers. That was ridiculous.....spoilers and nothing else. I thought EB did a great job on his GC Buzz meltdown. I will miss Eileen....Ashley is my favorite character along with Nikki. Seems like Summer has been on every damn day since she returned. Don't care about Hilary and Devon but don't want them to lose the baby. Can't wait til Jill returns in 2 weeks.
The spoilers bugged me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter