The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Eric Braeden certainly got better looking as he aged. I think he “peaked” in his 50s and 60s. He pretty much looks all of his 77 years now, but boxing and strength training have certainly left his body in good shape. Although he probably should retire now from shirtless scenes.

Last edited:
I thought he was older than 77. I watched with my mom as a little kid so I remember all these older folks when they were young. Actually the show started a few months before I was born in 1973. So I suppose I have watched the show from the jump (though didn't really watch or care until I was about 12 or so). Yes, Victor does look better with age. And Nikki's acting got way better with age. Her young self was mousy and squeeky and not great.

I miss Guiding Light. Wish they would come back.

Why hasn't anyone noticed the obvious damage on the car Reid was driving :crazy2: Since he mowed down his own grandmother, there should be a lot of damage :headache:

Why hasn't anyone noticed the obvious damage on the car Reid was driving :crazy2: Since he mowed down his own grandmother, there should be a lot of damage :headache:
He and what;s his name (Lily's son) went to a friend's out of town garage and got it fixed.

I love Lola & Kyle and Abby & Arturo. It would be nice to see Billy & Victoria reunited. Reid is awful and should go back to school. I can’t stand Mia & Rey. Jack needs to find someone else to date. Tessa needs to go. So happy that Summer is gone. Too bad she didn’t take Phylis with her. Missing Paul.

I have watched the show since 1973, when I was a child. It’s fun to see vintage clips.

Since the Fab Four (well the three not in a coma) are off on a tangent about the accident being an intentional mow down, I'm going to float a theory:

Reid didn't actually hit Nikki but rather, we will find out later that it was an animal or a pole. Nikki was the target of whomever is after the Fab Four.

In the mean time - other observations. Charlie was so bent that Cane hid the secret that Lilly caused her crash. Charlie saw how keeping the secret made everything worse. But, he was quick to convince Reid to cover up his accident.

The one time Victor did not do anything wrong, he is hiding in back seats of parked cars so that he won't get arrested. Arrested for what? I still don't see any probable cause, just a couple of pieces of evidence that don't mean anything. Heck, I still can't get over that they declared this a homicide when they have no body.

...The one time Victor did not do anything wrong, he is hiding in back seats of parked cars so that he won't get arrested. Arrested for what? I still don't see any probable cause, just a couple of pieces of evidence that don't mean anything. Heck, I still can't get over that they declared this a homicide when they have no body.
That's Rey law.

What a boring episode. I know it should have aired Thursday, but still, every conversation and scene revolved around Nikki. What ever happened to B and C stories? When the A story is a snore, you’re really trapped.

Most of the stories are a snore. The only one with any interest is the ongoing Sharon & Ray and the Kyle & Lola. Although last time I watched Lola was hysterical about a gift purse . Mmmm....jmho. :flower1:

Get rid of the JT story already!!!!!!!!!
What do people think of the Devon's sister story? I can't think of the singer guy's name right now. :P

Most of the stories are a snore. The only one with any interest is the ongoing Sharon & Ray and the Kyle & Lola. Although last time I watched Lola was hysterical about a gift purse . Mmmm....jmho. :flower1:

Get rid of the JT story already!!!!!!!!!
What do people think of the Devon's sister story? I can't think of the singer guy's name right now. :P

Lola is starting to get on my nerves. She's insulted because Kyle wanted to give her a nice purse and could easily afford whereas she could only get him a cheap watch which he loved because it was from her? This girl needs to get a grip.

I'm very bored with the Devon, Ana, Fen storyline. With Lily locked up and Hilary dead the writers must not have known what to do with Devon.

I think maybe China Mom is onto something. It's seemed so obvious that Reed plowed down Nikki that maybe he didn't. Maybe he did hit something else and Nikki's hit and run isn't his doing but is a JT/Tessa connection? If that's the case, maybe another of the fab 4 will be their next victim? I know this storyline has been going on forever but it's the only one I'm still interested in.

Nickie's acting has gotten better. Her old squeaky voice in the flash backs made me cringe. Quite enjoyed the scenes of she and Victor through the years. Loved her white gown, and particularly enjoyed when she played the theme song on the piano. I am amazed and impressed that she didn't look like a goddess while lying in her hospital bed. Rather they showed her as the woman she is in real life.
I'm quite annoyed that there appear to be no women of a "certain age" on this program. Nickie has no peers so to speak of any longer.Katherine is gone. Jill is gone for most part.
Ashley is gone. Gloria is gone. Others (Lauren) have been reduced to recurring status. Not all women turn to dust because they reach a certain age. There are those that still are vibrant and take care of themselves and are relatively attractive, even though they are no longer 30 or younger. I think this part of the reason I enjoy the pairing of Gloria and Jack so much.They were comically funny and lighthearted together. I felt it could have gone somewhere but "poof" Gloria is now out too. I'm not liking this change to program.

Jack is 65 years old paired with kerry who is all of 29!??? Give me a break. There aren't many 29 year olds who would be looking twice at a 65 year old man. PLEASE don't tell me age doesn't matter. (of course it doesn't when you're 29!lol) Believe me it matters when you hit 60. I've got a 29 year old daughter if she were dating a 65 year old man, I'd faint. Let's face it he can collect his full social security at this point. Jack is great looking and doesn't look his age. Yet truth is truth. If you are a long time viewer you know how old these characters are. The writers sure need to be taking this into consideration with these bizarre pairings. It sure would be nice to see some women who are "God forbid" over 50 on this program. Could they possibly pair Jack with even someone 50...still some 15 years younger than he is.

Don't give a rat's behind about the teenagers. (I've lived through enough teenage angst, don't need to relive it on a soap.) Teens are not watching this program. Don't want to see screen time wasted with newer actors that the powers that be can pay less.
Lastly, can they PLEASE wrap up this God awful JT storyline?! It has gone on so long now that I no longer care whether he is dead or alive or who killed him. It has become beyond boring.

:thanks:

Who would you like the new regime to bring back? And get rid of?

Bring back: Ashley, Paul, Christine, Jill, Gloria, Michael, Lauren, Lily and Neil.

Get rid of: all los Rosales except Lola, Kerry, Ana and Nate. Keep Fen but drop the singing angle. Hunter can stay gone but please recast Reed with someone with a little OOMPH!

Any thoughts?

Bring back: Jill and Cane's dad, Gloria and Ashley. Niel, Kevin Fisher and Paul. Esther, Lauren and Michael are already on but show them more.

And I would really like JT, Hilary and Adam to come back from the dead.

DO NOT BRING BACK: Lily, Christine (or Dru from the dead)

Get rid of: VICTOR. All Rosales but Lola and Abby's man. Kerry. Billy and Cane. Not sure how I feel about Ana but I like Nate so he can stay. The Lily/Cane twins. Tessa. Stop making Mariah so whiney and righteous and stop putting her in sleeveless.

Last edited:
Bring back: Paul, Gloria, Kevin, Adam, JT, John Abbott, Jill and introduce at least a couple middle aged strong women

Do not return: Lily, Christine, Ashley, Mac, Hilary

More of: Esther, Michael, Dina, Tracie

Cut: Lauren, the twins, Reed, Neil, Kerry, Cane, Ana, Fen, Summer

Keep as is: Sharon, Billy, Phyllis, Jack, Mariah, Tessa, Abby, Arturo, Nikki, Victor, Nick, Victoria

Undecided: Rey, Mia, Lola, Nate, Devon

I think that's everyone! :-D

Bring back: Paul, Gloria, Kevin, Adam, JT, John Abbott, Jill and introduce at least a couple middle aged strong women

Do not return: Lily, Christine, Ashley, Mac, Hilary

More of: Esther, Michael, Dina, Tracie

Cut: Lauren, the twins, Reed, Neil, Kerry, Cane, Ana, Fen, Summer

Keep as is: Sharon, Billy, Phyllis, Jack, Mariah, Tessa, Abby, Arturo, Nikki, Victor, Nick, Victoria

Undecided: Rey, Mia, Lola, Nate, Devon

I think that's everyone! :-D

Missing: Chelsea and her mom and dad (Gloria's Ex). Also missing Chloe and Dylan. Avery, Malcolm, Patty. Did Chance die off. Heather? And Dru (died, or did she) what about Dru's sister, the doctor? And there was another Neil brother, no? And Neil's ex wife and son he goes to visit a lot. Nina...did she die. Ronan? Forgot Noah (who was just on a bit). Let's not forget Romalotti. And then Phillip died and Victor's young pregnant wife. Brad and Colleen are dead. Then there are the crazy Carters. They could bring them back with Phyllis' granddaughter who could be aged up to a teenager (they love teens on the show) and her son, Daniel . Lauren's son, Scott. Deacon. Gosh there are soooooooo many.

Last edited:
Missing: Chelsea and her mom and dad (Gloria's Ex). Also missing Chloe and Dylan. Avery, Malcolm, Patty. Did Chance die off. Heather? And Drew (died) what about Drew's sister, the doctor? And there was another Neil brother, no? And Neil's ex wife and son he goes to visit a lot. Nina...did she die. Ronan? Forgot Noah (who was just on a bit). Let's not forget Romalotti. And then Phillip died and Victor's young pregnant wife. Brad and Colleen are dead. Then there are the crazy Carters. They could bring them back with Phyllis' granddaughter who could be aged up to a teenager (they love teens on the show) and her son, Daniel . Lauren's son, Scott. Deacon. Gosh there are soooooooo many.

Wow, you've got a way better memory than I do. I don't even recognize some of those names.

I want to play.

Get Rid of: Reid
See Less of: Lola
Get a new actor: Kyle
See More of: Lauren, Michael
Bring Back: Paul, Christine, Ashley, Lilly, Neil, Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter