The youngest a child can snorkel??

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering how young children can be to snorkel at DC. I might be going with my 4.5 year old niece who can swim, but I wonder if A- they have snorkeling gear small enough for her and B- if children that young are able to do it.
If anyone has any experience, can you let me know? Thanks

I believe only the Dolphin Experience has a minimum age requirement.

I've been about 5-6 times and you don't see many young children but I would see no issue with them. Your best bet is call first before you book to clarify.

Suggest if they already snorkel, have them bring their own gear - I bring my DS equipment, he is disabled and fit is important. If they have never snorkeled I suggest you get them mask & snorkel and have them practice. We taught DS in one afternoon at a pool.

Also they have life jackets, HUGE assist as it is very tiring, so for a young or new swimmer it might be tough. I put one on DS so he can just save the energy and last longer.

I agree with getting her snorkel gear and having her practice in the bath or in a pool.

My son has snorkeled since he was 3.

Thank you both. I made that suggestion to my sister (practicing) and didn't get a response. They're spending a lot of money that day and it makes sense to be prepared. Not waste time teaching and practicing all morning/day/who knows.
But at least I know it's possible now!! It would be wonderful to see her snorkel :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter