Theme Parks you visited that no longer exist

Jungle Habitat
Action Park (still have some scars from all our trips there LOL!!)
Magic Mountain- Poconos, PA
Nunlys- Long Island, NY
Frontier town
Land Of Make Believe
Gaslight Village
Catskill Game farm
Hard Rock Amusment Park- Myrtle Beach

Six Flags New Orleans-heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina and then abandoned.

Others:
Hard Rock Park, Myrtle Beach-It's a shame that closed so quickly. Only lasted one season. The next summer it was renamed Freestyle Music Park but was still unsuccessful and also closed after one reason. I thought HR park was pretty cool, but apparently not many others did.

Riverview, Chicago. I was there probably during the last week it was open. My family was visiting some relatives in the area in late August 1967 and we all went one evening. Nobody knew the park would never reopen for the 1968 season. I didn't find this out until maybe 15 years later. I rode some of the smaller roller coasters but was afraid to ride the infamous "Bobs."

Astroworld, Houston

Palisades Park, in NJ across from NYC.

Willow Grove Park near Philadelphia

Rocky Point, Providence, Rhode Island

Opryland, Nashville.

Cypress Gardens about an hour away from Orlando. Then it became something else and had some real rides. Now I believe it's Lego Land.

Circus World/Boardwalk & Baseball near WDW.

Virgo10...thanks for that link....I need to e-mail it to my siblings :)

OK, here's another for you New Englanders who grew up in the 60's.....

Pleasure Island ....no, NOT at Downtown Disney...in Wakefield Mass!!

I grew up in the next town over, in Peabody. Every summer, it was a real treat to go to Pleasure Island!

paragon park -

Benson's animal farm - spend many field trips there as well as family trips

Storybookland - somewhere near Weir's Beach in NH I loved the crooked mans house and since my brother one a free round of min golf I first started playing mini golf there

Revere Beach - had rides but not sure if it ever had a official name but the grandstand is still there unfortunately it is not the same place it used to be but it okay for daytime

I don't know for sure but my father says that we used to go to Whalom Park, Lincoln Park which aren't doable now and that Salem Willows is not what it used to be.

I grew up with all of these! We didn't go to Revere Beach much- it wasn't "the safest" place back in the 60s and now? Nope. No.Not going. Paragon, Whalom, and Lincoln Parks were favorites for field trips. Such fond memories. The Willows ISN'T what it used to be, but they still sell the same chop suey sandwiches!

I wonder about Storybookland. There is a Story Land in Glen, NH, which is still open. Is that what you are remembering?

There was also AdventureLand on Scotland Rd. in Newbury. There was a "giant" pirate ship situated on a hill overlooking the old Rt.1, and if you looked in the right spot, you could also see the "Indian Settlement" set back in the marsh. We loved AdventureLand and always looked for the Pirate ship on the way to Maine in the summer.

King Triton's Carousel at DCA has images of various California seaside amusement parks. Some are still operating, but most are gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Triton's_Carousel_of_the_Sea

king_tritons_carousel_piers.jpg

there was a place called paragon park on the beach on MA when i was a kid we went there all the time
its been gone for along time now but i remember it...

Hull, MA. I love super close to there still. I only remember bits and pieces of Paragon Park bc I was really little when it closed. The carousel is still across from the beach and can still be ridden. The rest of where it was is now condos.

Pleasure Island in Wakefield, MA. I think I only got up there with my family once but it was a big deal back in early 60's.

Pleasure Island

There was a small kiddie park near where I lived called King's Castle Land. It was located in Whitman, MA. I took my kids there when they were little.

The other would be Paragon Park in Nantasket, MA. I just about lived there as a kid and a teenager.

The signature piece for the park was their wood roller coaster. When the park was closed, they dismantled it and moved it to Six Flags in MD. The only ride they were able to save and is still there was the Carousel. There are some beautiful photos of it here:
Paragon Park Carousel
Scroll down about half way on that page.

I'm glad my kids got a chance to see Paragon but I sure do feel bad for all the generations to come who will never know just how much fun that place was. :(

ETA: Here are some great photos of Paragon.
Paragon Photos

Oh yes!!! Kings Castle Land. I remember that from when I was really little. I always felt kind of creeped out there for some reason!! Now it's a Stop and Shop, lol.

Jungle Habitat
Action Park (still have some scars from all our trips there LOL!!)
Magic Mountain- Poconos, PA
Nunlys- Long Island, NY
Frontier town
Land Of Make Believe
Gaslight Village
Catskill Game farm
Hard Rock Amusment Park- Myrtle Beach
Most folks here still have their traction park scars. Land of make believe is still going strong, DH used to call it "land of retired carnival rides." My kids loved that place, and I remember to food was decent and cheap (even though you could not only bring a cooler, but put it on a table to store it. DH also has a special place in his heart for jungle habitat, for whatever reason.

We used to always go to a park in MD called Enchanted Forest. It's been closed for years, but is still there. I always point it out to my children when we drive past. I wish I could take them there. :)

To be honest (forgive me Disers!) The place it holds in my heart is right up there with Disney. Just a few steps down. :cloud9:
I'm from Maryland and used to go there too when I was a kid. I feel the same - it holds a very special place in my heart :)

Boblo Island. We would go as a school field trip.

Another Boblo fan here. I lived about 3 miles from there (as the crow flies). Everyone in my town would visit via their own pleasure boats (there were overnight docks on the West side).

Also Conneaut Lake in Pennsylvania.

Sea World in Aurora, Ohio.

Chippewa Lake Park in Ohio.

Euclid Beach Park in Cleveland.

Riverview Amusement Park in Chicago. Riverside Amusement Park in Indianapolis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter