There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

(Update from yesterday)

Day 7 Update:

Hi everyone. Yesterday was a busy day with my Dad and his girlfriend and really didn’t have a lot of time to spend on my phone. So, I have a big update coming up.

Our day would start late around 11:30 a.m. We would head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

We didn’t have a lot of time to spend here. What we did do is see One Man’s Dream and ride Slinky Dog Dash.

We would then take the boat to EPCOT where we had a Candlelight Dining Package at Rose & Crown. I never have a bad meal here. Always really good!

I would then catch the last Voices of Liberty performance of the day. Definitely a sad concert since this was my last time seeing them for this trip.

I would then make my way to the Land Pavilion to ride Soarin and Living With the Land.

We would also check out the aquarium and ride Spaceship Earth.

It was then time to get in line for the Candlelight Processional. Whoopi Goldberg was the special guest narrator this evening.

I absolutely LOVE the Candlelight Processional!

We would then make our way to Italy where we would watch Illuminations. The Holiday Tag is breathtaking!

After a nice day at the parks. It was time to head back to Port Orleans French Quarter.

Stay tuned for more live updates from Walt Disney World!

“The Hobbit or There and Back Again” is the full title of Tolkien’s book, shortened to “The Hobbit” in most conversations and for the movie. You can see Bilbo writing this title in the movie...his story in “his words.” As with most works of literature, the book is better. :thumbsup2 I love Tolkien’s writing style...he paints the details so well.

Day 8 Update:

I would have a great morning in my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park.

I made my way to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I would then encounter the yeti, visit my favorite Disney character in a show, and fly on a banshee.

It was then time to head back to my resort.

We are now on our way to Port Canaveral for a 7-day Cruise on the Disney Fantasy!

Stay tuned for more live updates!

“The Hobbit or There and Back Again” is the full title of Tolkien’s book, shortened to “The Hobbit” in most conversations and for the movie. You can see Bilbo writing this title in the movie...his story in “his words.” As with most works of literature, the book is better. :thumbsup2 I love Tolkien’s writing style...he paints the details so well.
Interesting. I’ll have to watch those movies again!

Wow, how fun to see Candlelight Processional 3x with 3 different celebrities! We went 1x last year and was a first for us and loved it!

Sounds like a great WDW trip and now onto a Disney Cruise, have a wonderful cruise!

Have a blast!
Thank you. I definitely am!

Wow, how fun to see Candlelight Processional 3x with 3 different celebrities! We went 1x last year and was a first for us and loved it!

Sounds like a great WDW trip and now onto a Disney Cruise, have a wonderful cruise!
It was a nice trip and the cruise was nice so far.

It was nice that I got 3 popular celebrities on my trip.

BON JOVI to you!:earboy2: Looking forward to updates as Wifi allows.:)
You are way to funny.

Have a great time.
Thank you! Definitely am!

Greetings from Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula!

We have had a fantastic cruise so far!

We had a Day At Sea yesterday where we did several activities that mostly consisted of relaxing. Oh...The Disney Fantasy also got the KC Chiefs game on TV, and I was able to watch the Chiefs win in the middle of the ocean! :)

We are now in Cozumel, Mexico.

I am currently typing to all of you from the Talum Mayan Ruins which are absolutely stunning.

My Dad and I took a ferry from Cozumel to the mainland this morning on very rough waters. It felt like a 30 minute rollercoaster.

We then had an hour bus ride to get to the ruins. Absolutely beautiful and there is a great beach here as well.

My Dad and I are currently eating at one of the places by the ruins. I’m enjoying a nice bottled Coca Cola, chips and guacamole, and beef nachos.

Stay tuned for more live updates which will come when I have WiFi again!

There are better Tolkien experts than me on these boards, but I'm pretty sure "There and Back Again" was the title of the book Bilbo Baggins wrote about himself.
In the first LOTR movie he shows it to Frodo as he is getting ready to go away.

ETA: Well I'm not right, but I'm not wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit

I definitely thought the reference was on purpose :P

It's definitely what Bilbo titles his book in Fellowship of the Ring- "There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale by Bilbo Baggins"
thereandbackagain.jpg

Major LOTR nerd here :D

I titled my trip report literally. I literally went back again in a short amount of time.

So, to be fair - Zach asked for help in naming his TR when he originally started writing it... and I'm a definite Tolkien nerd (Silmarillion is one of my favorite books, period), so I suggested the title. I thought he knew what the reference was, so it was pretty hilarious when he texted me last week once everyone started letting him know about the connection! :rotfl2:

So, to be fair - Zach asked for help in naming his TR when he originally started writing it... and I'm a definite Tolkien nerd (Silmarillion is one of my favorite books, period), so I suggested the title. I thought he knew what the reference was, so it was pretty hilarious when he texted me last week once everyone started letting him know about the connection! :rotfl2:

This makes so much sense!!

Thank you for explaining my failed attempt of creating my own Trip Report title. :D

We've done a cruise to Cozumel (not a DCL though) the ruins are really cool.:)
They were awesome!

This makes so much sense!!
*facepalm*

I cannot wait to hear all about the trip, but especially the cruise details!!! Hope you're having a blast!
Definitely am! :) I can’t wait to tell you about it.

Greetings from Falmouth, Jamaica!

Yesterday was a little sad but happy at the same time. About an hour before we were supposed to arrive in Grand Cayman, the Captain came over the speaker saying that the port of Grand Cayman was going to be closed due to weather. Grand Cayman is a tender port which means boats come to the ships to bring the passengers ashore. The tenders couldn’t reach the cruise ships safely due to the size of the waves.

So, we had an extra Day at Sea which I was perfectly ok with since I don’t really like Grand Cayman, and I love sea days!

The last 2 night, I got to experience a show that I miss dearly from Disney’s California Adventure. That show is Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular!!! It brought back so many memories! You can only see the show on the Disney Fantasy now.

So, today we arrived in Falmouth, Jamaica!

We would take a port adventure today where we went bamboo rafting down the Martha Brae River. Definitely a very cool and relaxing experience!

Time to explorer the port and shop!

We set sail for Disney’s Private Island, Castaway Cay, this evening which we will be at on Friday. Can’t wait!!!

Stay tuned for more live updates which probably won’t happen until after the Cruise is over.

Hooray for an extra day at sea! Hope the weather had minimal effect on the large cruise boat even as it kept the small tenders in port.

The bamboo raft in Jamaica sounds like such a fun and unique experience. Can’t wait to hear more.

And what a treat to see the Aladdin production! It sounds wonderful.

May the weather be perfect for your Castaway Cay day! I am sure that must be a favorite port for most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter