There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

A friend of mine on the DIS mentioned they were changing up the HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes shows to include more projections, etc. I was shocked when I heard it, too!! Maybe she's wrong and they will leave those shows alone awhile longer :)
I haven't heard anything. It was rumored that they were going to add projections this past year but that never happened.

I can see it happening at some point. However, until I hear it from Disney or from a very reliable source, I will continue to think the shows are staying the same.

Lesley and I would join together again and get in line for the Candlelight Processional. We would then trade-off saving our spots as I would go listen to a Voices of Liberty set and Lesley would go and experience more of Festival of the Holidays.
Excellent strategy!!

It was really cool to see what is arguably the most popular Candlelight Processional narrator, Neil Patrick Harris, read the Christmas Story. However, I think I prefer Jodi Benson and John Stamos a little more as my favorite Candlelight Processional Narrators.
I've always wondered if NPH lives up to the hype!! I really like him, but seeing John Stamos as the narrator will probably always be my favorite!

I can see it happening at some point. However, until I hear it from Disney or from a very reliable source, I will continue to think the shows are staying the same.
I hope you're right :)

Excellent strategy!!

I've always wondered if NPH lives up to the hype!! I really like him, but seeing John Stamos as the narrator will probably always be my favorite!

I hope you're right :)
It was really cool to see NPH. I don't think I ever need to go through the trouble to see him again.

Great pics of Holiday Wishes!!

Do you do anything special on your iPhone to capture these??
Thank you!

I only have one trick when getting fireworks pictures. The main trick I do is I film the fireworks sequence that I want to have in video form. Then I go back through the video in a paused format getting screenshots of various fireworks moments. You would then want to click the screen to get rid of the video scroll so that your screenshot is just the picture. I have used this trick mostly because it usually gets me the cleanest shots.

Another thing I do is just taking normal pictures, but I'll just click the camera button several times during a fireworks shot. Then I keep the picture that I want to keep from that sequence.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Thank you!

I only have one trick when getting fireworks pictures. The main trick I do is I film the fireworks sequence that I want to have in video form. Then I go back through the video in a paused format getting screenshots of various fireworks moments. You would then want to click the screen to get rid of the video scroll so that your screenshot I have used this trick mostly because it usually gets me the cleanest shots.

Ah thanks!! I used this methodology back in the camcorder days...just take the still(s) from the frame(s)!! I actually never thought to do this with a phone!!

Again GREAT pics!!

Day 3: Disney Springs And Illuminations At EPCOT!

I would then travel to Disney Springs, because I was meeting a friend of mine for dinner that recently moved to the Orlando area.

Disney Springs Christmas Tree!

I like these ornaments in the planters.

The dinner choice for this evening has become one of my favorite places to eat at Walt Disney World. That is D-Luxe Burger!

Got a great patio seat after ordering our food.

I usually always get the Barbecue Burger now. Very delicious!

I still say D-Luxe Burger has the best burgers on Disney property.

It was then time to head to the World of Disney Store. I would be on the hunt for a shirt that I really wanted. I would eventually find it with the help of a Cast Member, but it took way to much time.

We would then stop at Ghirardelli before saying farewell to each other for this trip to Walt Disney World. It was really great to see a friend from my local area though.

I would then drive back to EPCOT, because I wanted to catch this evenings performance of Illuminations!

I would make my way to Italy which has become my favorite viewing area for Illuminations.

Enjoy some pictures of the show:

It was then time to view the Holiday Tag to Illuminations which is breathtaking (video below)!

After a great show, I would make a long walk out of the park with listening to the Illuminations Exit Music. I love the exit music to this show.

This was definitely a great day at Walt Disney World!

I would make my way to my rental car and drive back to All-Star Music.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Illuminations Holiday Tag!

Here is a video of the Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Holiday Tag at EPCOT. This show features a shorter version of the “Death Fireworks Finale” that can be experienced on the 4th of July and New Years Eve! I really enjoy this Holiday Tag a lot!

Make sure you watch my video in HD.

EPCOT - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Holiday Tag!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

Reactions: DLo
Have you done burgers at Boathouse or Edison? I have done both and I give the nod to Boathouse but both were really good.

I wish I would've been able to see the holiday tag before it was gone.

Have you done burgers at Boathouse or Edison? I have done both and I give the nod to Boathouse but both were really good.

I wish I would've been able to see the holiday tag before it was gone.
I have not eaten at either of those places. So, I will definitely have to try them out. However, I feel like I would get fish at the Boathouse.

I was happy I got to see it a few times.

Day 4: Good Morning From Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of my Walt Disney World adventure!

I would start my day by going to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

It was a beautiful morning to be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

As I was walking toward the Chinese Theater, Star Wars music came over the loud speakers. That can only mean one thing. Captain Phasma was on her way!

I would make my way towards the Tower of Terror for my first fastpass of the day!

I love the stars along this street.

It was time to check-in to my next hotel for this adventure!

I don’t know if I really want to stay here…

After experiencing the strangest hotel ever, it was time to make my way towards other areas of the park.

When I was coming up to the Hollywood Studios sign, I noticed a bunch of Star Wars characters walking in a line towards the stage to get ready for a show. So, here are some pictures in sequence as the characters were walking:

It was time to head into Walt Disney Presents and see the film called One Man’s Dream.

One of my favorite pictures of Walt Disney:

Saving Mr. Banks Sherman Brothers costumes:

Music for some of our favorite Disney songs:

Mary Poppins costume:

It was then time to see the movie!

Time to head into Toy Story Land!

I would meet up with @Lesley Wake at this time since we both had fastpasses for Slinky Dog Dash at the same time.

We would actually get to ride Slinky Dog Dash 2 times thanks to a Cast Member that Lesley knew.

It was a brief meet-up with @Lesley Wake, but we would say farewell. We would see each other again a couple days later. So, stay tuned to see what we did.

It was then time to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch at Woody’s Lunchbox!

It was then time to leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I was heading off-property for a little bit. While off-property, I would stop at one of my favorite smoothie places called Jamba Juice.

More in my next post!

Day 4: A Spontaneous Evening With A Friend - Part 1!

After a quick afternoon off-property, I had enough time to go to EPCOT and hear the Voices of Liberty before meeting up with a friend.

After some Voices of Liberty sets, it was time to make my way out of EPCOT.

I would make my way to the Ticket and Transportation Center via the monorail to meet a friend of mine.

This is where it became spontaneous. We had nothing planned. However, we decided to take the ferry to the Magic Kingdom.

Pictures of me on the ferry:

We would arrive at the Magic Kingdom!!!

We would then walk down Main Street and make our way into Tomorrowland.

We decided to ride the PeopleMover. :)

It was time to get a spot by Cinderella Castle because Queen Elsa was getting ready to light it with ice and snow!

We would get a really good view for the show.

Eventually, Cinderella Castle would get lit for the evening! Absolutely breathtaking!

It was time to head out of the Magic Kingdom. Definitely a very short trip to this Theme Park.

We would end up taking a boat over to the Polynesian!

When we got to the Polynesian, our dinner choice this evening would be Capt. Cooks! I really like this quick service location!

I would get the teriyaki chicken sandwich with chips.

We would then be off to our next location. Where would it be?

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers!

The Voices of Liberty during this time of the year turn into the Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers where they sing some of our favorite Christmas Carols and songs from other Holidays.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “Christmas Party!”

*MUST WATCH!*

This is one of my favorite songs that the Voices of Liberty sing during their Caroler Season.

Voices of Liberty - “Silver Bells!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Cinderella Castle Christmas Lighting!

Here is a video of Cinderella Castle being lit with ice and snow by Queen Elsa during the Christmas Season!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Magic Kingdom - Cinderella Castle Christmas Lighting!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

That's amazing pixie dust!!

Yummmm, I really can't wait to try it out in May!
It was definitely a nice dose of pixie dust. :)

The food is good, but in my opinion, they have small portions. I wish they offered an up charge to get a larger portion of a side. The food is good though. Not a lot of seating either.

Day 4: A Spontaneous Evening With A Friend - Part 2!

My friend and I would make our way over to Grand Floridian after eating a nice dinner at the Polynesian.

The lobby of the Grand Floridian is always breathtaking during Christmastime with the decorations and the Gingerbread House.

We would then take some time to listen to the Grand Floridian Jazz Orchestra!

It was time to leave the Magic Kingdom Resort area and make our way to EPCOT.

We would arrive at EPCOT, and the view of Spaceship Earth never gets old!

We would walk all the way to Italy for this evenings performance of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

This performance of Illuminations was amazing as it always is! My favorite nighttime show at Walt Disney World, and I will miss it when it leaves forever.

We would then head to the Land Pavilion to enjoy some Extra Magic Hours!

First we would ride Soarin. The wait was minimal.

Then we would adventure across the pavilion to ride Living With the Land at night! Definitely a unique perspective to ride this attraction at night.

I would then say farewell to my friend, but there was still some time left. So, I was off to some more attractions!

I would adventure on the green mission at Mission Space!

There was absolutely nobody at this attraction.

My last ride of the evening would be on Test Track!

Definitely a nice spontaneous evening with a friend of mine. None of this was planned. It was all go-with-the-flow. That is something that I am not used to doing at Walt Disney World, but it’s definitely fun to try sometimes.

It was time to leave EPCOT and head back to All-Star Music for my final evening at this resort.

What resort would I be off to next? Stay tuned to find out!

More in my next post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!