There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

A perfect ending to Walt's birthday! Love the picture with the castle and the wreath, as well as the one from the monorail with the Mickey balloon peeking in.

I have now spent time at Disneyland and Walt Disney World on Walt Disney's Birthday. I think I still prefer spending it at Disneyland since it is "his" park, and you can really feel his presence there as you walk by certain places. However, finding small things to do to celebrate on his Birthday at Walt Disney World was special as well.

Wow, you did have a great view for the show. Love all the pics!

Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised with the view.

What a fun MK evening!

It definitely was a fun evening! :)

Day 6: A Relaxing Day At Walt Disney World!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 6 of my trip to Walt Disney World!

My day would start a little later than I was wanting to. My Dad and his friend decided to not come to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. However, I decided to go ahead with my plan.

I would arrive at my favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park.

I would only make my way to one location. That was to Pandora to ride Flight of Passage!

I would have a fastpass for the attraction!

That was a very quick trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but it was totally worth it! :)

Animal Kingdom Christmas Tree!

I was meeting my Dad and his friend at EPCOT. However, instead of taking a bus to EPCOT or the Boardwalk Resort area. I would take a bus to the Polynesian. That is because I was feeling like riding the monorail. So, when I arrived at the Polynesian, I would make the short walk over to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

The EPCOT route is my favorite monorail route. So, I found it worth it to rest for a few minutes longer before tackling EPCOT.

I would arrive at EPCOT quickly.

I would make my way to Japan to have some lunch at Katsura Grill.

My Dad and his friend would join me for a few minutes before they would go off on their own adventures.

After lunch, I would head to my favorite location. That is the American Adventure to sit around the red circle and listen to the Voices of Liberty!

It was time to make my way out of EPCOT and join my Dad and his friend.

EPCOT Christmas Tree!

The sight of Spaceship Earth will never get old!

We would make our way to the Monorail, because we had a Dining Reservation at one of the Magic Kingdom Resorts.

We would eventually arrive at the Contemporary where we had reservations at California Grill.

This would be my Dad’s first time eating here, as well as, his friend.

Out of the few times I have eaten here, I would finally sit at a window table with a view of the Magic Kingdom!

I would be in a hurry since I was heading to the Magic Kingdom soon because I would be attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this eventing.

I would order a pizza, but I honestly can’t remember which pizza this was. It was honestly ok. I wouldn’t order this if you decided to come to California Grill unless you wanted to share with someone. I would order something from the main entree menu.

Eventually, the lights on Cinderella Castle would turn on.

For dessert, I would get a peppermint creme brûlée. I like the pear one a little more. I didn’t really even see this on the menu. Our waiter just mentioned it and they made it for me. It was still good. I’m just not a big peppermint fan, but I wanted to try it.

I would then leave my Dad and his friend for a nice evening together, and I would walk to the Magic Kingdom for my 2nd Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! I was really excited!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers!

The Voices of Liberty during this time of the year turn into the Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers where they sing some of our favorite Christmas Carols and songs from other Holidays.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “Celebrate Me Home!”

*MUST WATCH!*

Voices of Liberty - “Light One Candle!”

*MUST WATCH!*

For all of my Trip Report readers that celebrate Hanukkah!

Voices of Liberty - “Fum, Fum, Fum!”

*MUST WATCH!*

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers!

The Voices of Liberty during this time of the year turn into the Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers where they sing some of our favorite Christmas Carols and songs from other Holidays.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “Some Children See Him!”

Voices of Liberty - “Let There Be Peace On Earth!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

That was a very quick trip to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but it was totally worth it!
Sometimes all you need is some FoP to start your day off!

After lunch, I would head to my favorite location. That is the American Adventure to sit around the red circle and listen to the Voices of Liberty!
Hmm never would have guessed this :P

Out of the few times I have eaten here, I would finally sit at a window table with a view of the Magic Kingdom!
Awesome view!

Wow, you really went all over the place that day!

Sometimes all you need is some FoP to start your day off!

Hmm never would have guessed this :P

Awesome view!

Wow, you really went all over the place that day!
That is very true!

Yeah...I think people are just expecting that I end up at the Voices of Liberty in each update I ever put on Disboards lol. :D

I was really excited to finally have a non-obstructed view of the Magic Kingdom from California Grill!

I really was. If only I stopped in DHS. Then I would visit all 4 parks in one day. However, that didn't cross my mind.

Truly enjoyed reading through your trip report thus far.

I have a friend (DVC owners) whose high school aged daughter sang at Epcot in the CP. Did you know high school choirs are invited to perform there with the Disney cast member singers (including VoL singers)? They don’t really advertise or announce that there are high school choirs joining in. My friend’s daughter was over the moon about singing there as they are clearly huge Disney fans (being DVC members). They performed on a night John Stamos was narrating. So it may have been when you were there. :santa:

Thanks once more for the great trip log and fantastic photos!

Truly enjoyed reading through your trip report thus far.

I have a friend (DVC owners) whose high school aged daughter sang at Epcot in the CP. Did you know high school choirs are invited to perform there with the Disney cast member singers (including VoL singers)? They don’t really advertise or announce that there are high school choirs joining in. My friend’s daughter was over the moon about singing there as they are clearly huge Disney fans (being DVC members). They performed on a night John Stamos was narrating. So it may have been when you were there. :santa:

Thanks once more for the great trip log and fantastic photos!
I'm happy that you have enjoyed my Trip Report so far!

I did know that high school/community choirs are invited. They have to audition. There are high school/community choirs at the Candlelight Processional at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Maybe I was there. :)

Thank you! I'll start updating this Trip Report again very soon.

Awesome you finally got to sit by the window at California Grill!!! I think that's what would make the whole experience worth it....even though I've never eaten there myself, so really have no right to any opinion on the matter! :)

I'm excited to hear about your MVMCP experience!

Awesome you finally got to sit by the window at California Grill!!! I think that's what would make the whole experience worth it....even though I've never eaten there myself, so really have no right to any opinion on the matter! :)

I'm excited to hear about your MVMCP experience!
- It was an awesome experience to have a clear view of the Magic Kingdom while at dinner.

- I will be returning to this trip report again very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter