There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

Enjoying living vicariously through your report. We were there for a long weekend 2 weeks ago and we also did AK first thing and saw so many animals! It was amazing! Returning Christmas night through New Years and looking forward to it. I put seeing the voices of Liberty Christmas show high on my list because of your reports!

Day 6 live update:

Hi everyone! This would be my final day at Walt Disney World.

I would wake up later than I was hoping. So, what do I do? I adjust!

I would check my bags into Bell Services.

Next, how about go see a Resort that I have never been to? That resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge! I would spend a couple hours there eating lunch and walking around.

I would then adventure to EPCOT to listen to 2 performances of the Voices of Liberty before making my way back to my Resort.

It was then time to take Disney’s Magical Express back to the airport!

I would eventually get to the airport. Security didn’t take long today even if there were a lot of people. I was probably through within 15 minutes. I would get dinner in the terminal.

It is now time for me to fly to 30 degrees! I will see you really soon 80 degrees!!! :)

I’ll have one more live update when I get back home so stay tuned! :)

Enjoying living vicariously through your report. We were there for a long weekend 2 weeks ago and we also did AK first thing and saw so many animals! It was amazing! Returning Christmas night through New Years and looking forward to it. I put seeing the voices of Liberty Christmas show high on my list because of your reports!
Glad to hear!

I have had hit or miss with seeing animals in the morning. I got a good one this time though! :)

Christmas-New Years is one of my favorite times to go. Yes, it is crowded, but it is so much fun! I was planning to go over New Years again this year, but I am canceling that trip.

If you want to see the Voices of Liberty Christmas sets, make sure you see it between Christmas-Dec. 30th. Voices of Liberty "usually" go back to their American Folk Song/Patriotic Music/Popular Music sets starting on New Years Eve.

Hello everyone! Just letting everyone know that I have arrived home safely after a great 6 days at Walt Disney World!

When I got off the plane, it was 27 degrees in my hometown. Lets just say dropping 50 degrees in 3 hours is not fun!

Thank you to all of you who have followed along through my live updates! This will now conclude my live updates for my November Trip. Make sure you stay tuned for my official updates starting really soon! Also, live updates "should" start up again when my next trip begins in a few weeks! :)

Day 1: Travel Day!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of my official updates from my awesome trip to Walt Disney World! This is the first trip that will be covered on this Trip Report. Also, I will be going through this trip rather quickly. So, lets get started.

It is time for the travel update!

I would begin my trip by going to my local airport really early in the morning.

I always like taking the early flight from my hometown. I always take the early flights since I want to maximize my time whenever I’m going to a Disney Theme Park.

It was time to board my flight, and I was able to get a seat in the front row! I always enjoy the extra leg room.

While on the flight, I got to see the sunrise. Lets just say that I had the “Circle of Life” stuck in my head as I watched the sunrise from the plane. :D

The movie I would watch on this flight is the first act of Disney’s Broadway Musical, Newsies!

It was a beautiful day to fly to Orlando!

We would begin our landing process. I was almost in Orlando!

We would land, and it felt great to be back in one of my favorite places.

My first ride of the trip! The Orlando International Airport tram!

A beautiful morning to land in Orlando!

I would have to make my way to the baggage claim due to an issue Disney had getting my luggage tags to me. That was fine with me, because it was nice to have my luggage when I would get to my resort later this morning.

It was then time to make my way to Disney’s Magical Express. For some reason my Magicband wouldn’t work. Therefore, this process took a lot longer than I am used to.

I would finally get on a Disney’s Magical Express bus, and it was one of the new designs.

I sat next to a good friend of mine!

Whenever I see “Gus the bus driver,” I know I am on my way to Walt Disney World!!!

Almost there…

I arrived at Walt Disney World!!!

It wouldn’t be long before I arrived at All-Star Movies for a great vacation!

I was happy to get off the bus and get the trip started!

The check-in line was the longest I have ever seen at All-Star Movies. The line was going out the door. I would usually wait in the line to try and get a room since usually I don’t have a room assigned to me yet. However, I would decide to just put my bags in bell services and head to the theme parks.

More in my next post!

Day 1: A Great First Day At Walt Disney World!

My first Theme Park of this trip would be EPCOT! So, it was great to get my first glance of the “golf ball” or Spaceship Earth.

I would make my way to the Japan Pavilion where I would get lunch at one of my favorite quick service locations. That place being Katsura Grill!

I would enjoy my teriyaki chicken (not pictured) in the nice quiet area outside the restaurant. There was no one else sitting outside. So, it was definitely a nice way to begin my trip by having a nice meal in a relaxing atmosphere.

It was then time for my first trip to the American Adventure to listen to my favorite singing group, the Voices of Liberty!!!

After a nice early afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty, I would make my way out of EPCOT.

I would have to make my way to my Resort to deal with an issue that I got resolved before making my way to my next Theme Park on this trip. That theme park is Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

It felt really good to be back in my favorite Disney Theme Park!

The main reason for my trip to this Theme Park was to meet up with a DISer! That person is @rteetz. We would meet right by the Tree of Life and then make our way to encounter the yeti!

After a ride on Expedition Everest, @rteetz was wanting to go to EPCOT. So, we would make our way to a bus. I was actually getting ready to meet with another DISer, but I wanted to take the monorail to my next location. So, I would join @rteetz on the bus to EPCOT.

When we arrived at EPCOT, we would head or separate ways.

@rteetz…It was really great to see you on this trip! Congratulations on completing the Wine & Dine Marathon races! I’m still sorry for blocking half of your face in our ride photo on Expedition Everest! Hopefully we will see each other at a Disney Theme Park event in the future.

It was then time to make my way to “paradise.” So, I would make my way to board the Walt Disney World Monorail!

I would then make my way to the Polynesian Resort. I would walk to the Resort from the Ticket and Transportation Center.

I would meet with another DISer that I have gotten to know from my local area. It was great when we found out that our trips would crossover. So, we knew that we had to try and meet together. That DISer is @Micca!

I would meet @Micca and his family at the outdoor patio to Trader Sams.

We would enjoy a nice evening in paradise!

I would order the Schweitzer Falls because I don’t drink alcohol. I would also order the Thai Chicken and Vegetable flatbread. Both of these were very good.

After a nice evening with a friend and his family, it was time to leave and head to my next Theme Park.

@Micca…It was really great getting to see you and your family in one of our favorite places! Thank you for a wonderful evening!

I was off to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I would make my way straight to Toy Story Land!

I really wanted to do something for the first time. That is ride Alien’s Swirling Saucers for the first time at night with the lights on.

That ride was definitely cool at night. I would probably ride it at night over riding it during the day.

By the time I got off Aliens Swirling Saucers, I had less than 3 minutes until the park closed. So, I would make my way to Slinky Dog Dash.

I would be the very last person to enter the queue.

I would wait about 30 minutes until I got to the ride.

Riding Slinky Dog Dash at this time was really cool. That is because I got on the ride right when Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular began. So, it was really cool to ride with fireworks around me.

I had a great night in Toy Story Land!

As I would make my way toward the exit of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I had a great “back” view to Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular!

It was time to leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios and make my way towards the bus stop.

This was a great “first” day at one of my favorite places, and I was really looking forward to the next day. That is because the next day was a very special day for me.

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are a few videos I took of the Voices of Liberty on my first day at Walt Disney World.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD.

Voices of Liberty - “Simple Gifts!”

Voices of Liberty - “White Christmas!”

The Voices of Liberty unexpectedly gave a preview of one of their Christmas songs!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

It was great seeing you again! No worries about the ride photo I’d rather have someone I know do that than a random person. Looks like it was a great first day!

I don't know why but I feel like this is something I want to put on my Disney bucket list- be the last one in a queue before park close. So cool!
I think this was the first time that has ever happened to me. I found it strange also since I was in the queue for a good minute before the park closed and no one entered after me. Definitely a Disney bucket list item!

Day 2: The Most Magical Birthday At Walt Disney World - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to day 2 of my great vacation to Walt Disney World! This was a very special day for me. That is because it was my Birthday!!! This would be my first time celebrating my Birthday at Walt Disney World after spending many Birthdays at Disneyland in my lifetime.

What is the best place to start your Birthday? That is bey making my way to the Magic Kingdom!

It was finally time to see the Christmas decorations at the Magic Kingdom, and I was so happy! Christmas is my favorite time of year at any Disney Theme Park!

You don’t see the Castle…

Now you do! :D

I would make my way down Main Street!

When I entered the Magic Kingdom, a Cast Member gave me a penny to throw in the wishing well since it was my Birthday. However, I later realized that I forgot to do this. So, I’m saving this penny to make a wish on my December trip.

I would stop in Starbucks before the Magic Kingdom opened. My first “special” Birthday moment would happen here. That is because the Cast Member here said that my hot chocolate would be “paid by Mickey!” So, a free hot chocolate to start the day!

I would find a spot for the Magic Kingdom “Let the Magic Begin” Welcome Show!

My original plan was to go to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but judging by the crowd size, it looked like everyone was heading that way. So, I decided to turn around and head to Adventureland instead.

I would make my first ride on my Birthday the Jingle Cruise!

I would then make my way to the Haunted Mansion where I would walk right in.

Next, I would make my way towards the Hub, but I would get a great picture with Cinderella Castle before.

When I was in the Hub, I would get a picture with the Partner Statue.

It was time to head into Tomorrowland.

I would use a fastpass for Space Mountain. This version of the ride still scares me, and I continue to question why I still do it.

So, it’s my Birthday, and I have to go on one of my favorite rides. That is the PeopleMover!!!

After taking a tour of Tomorrowland, I would decide to take a tour of the Magic Kingdom! That is by riding the Walt Disney World Railroad.

I would ride in the back of the train.

I would take the train to the Frontierland Station where I would disembark the Railroad to board another train. That is because I had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

After a short pit-stop, I would make my way back to the Walt Disney World Railroad so I can complete the grand circle.

I would take the train back to the Fantasyland Station.

More in my next post!

Day 2: The Most Magical Birthday At Walt Disney World - Part 2!

My Birthday lunch would take place at Be Our Guest! I always look forward to my meals in this restaurant.

I love these statues/pillars. Definitely unique.

Be Our Guest was decorated for Christmas!

I would get the French Dip Sandwich. I find this sandwich to always be really good.

At the end of my meal, I would get a picture by the Christmas tree.

It was now time to head out of the Magic Kingdom and to my next destination.

I would take the Walt Disney World Monorail to EPCOT!

I would finally arrive in EPCOT!

I would be in a hurry to get to the American Adventure since there was a performance of the Voices of Liberty starting really soon.

I would spend the rest of the afternoon listening to the Voices of Liberty. Definitely a great way to spend my Birthday!

After one of the Voices of Liberty sets, I got a little surprise. The Voices of Liberty decided that they would sing their arrangement of “Happy Birthday” to me (video below)!

The Voices of Liberty singing “Happy Birthday” to me was definitely one of the biggest goals of this trip. I was really excited and happy that they decided to sing it to me. Definitely the biggest highlight of my trip!

After a nice afternoon of some amazing performances by the Voices of Liberty, it was time to leave EPCOT and head to my Birthday dinner!

When I reached the Boardwalk area, I was just admiring the beautiful Florida sunset.

I was heading to the Boardwalk where I would be eating dinner at one of my favorite Walt Disney World restaurants!

That restaurant is the Flying Fish!

Here is the current menu for the Flying Fish:

The inside of the restaurant is definitely really nice.

I would order a non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri. It looked like my waitress put Mickey ears on my glass.

For my appetizer, I would order the lobster bisque. This was very delicious. It was a little strong than how I like my lobster bisque, but I would still get this in a heartbeat.

Bread and butter is included in the meal.

If there was one thing I was looking forward to most, that was my entree. I was really excited when this dish came out, because Flying Fish went back to their original scallops dish that they had after they reopened. I was literally so happy about this. This dish is awesome if you like scallops!

I would then receive my “free” Birthday chocolate dessert. I did make a wish after blowing out the candle. :D

After a wonderful Birthday dinner, it was time for me to head back to the Magic Kingdom for the evening.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Voices of Liberty Sing Happy Birthday To Me!

The moment of this vacation happened when the Voices of Liberty sang “Happy Birthday” to me! It was definitely something I was hoping that would happen, and I was really happy that they would sing to me.

***Just so you know, the Voices of Liberty don’t always sing “Happy Birthday.” You can always ask, but be prepared for it not to happen.***

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Voices of Liberty Sing “Happy Birthday” To Me!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty On My Birthday!

Here are the videos I took during the many performances that I experienced of the Voices of Liberty on my Birthday!

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “This Is Me” From the Greatest Showman!

This was the request I asked for on my Birthday. This is the new Voices of Liberty arrangement that they debuted in October.

Voices of Liberty - “When You Wish Upon A Star!”

Voices of Liberty - “We the People!”

Voices of Liberty - “Give Me Your Tired!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter