" There are worse places to get stuck!" - A Mother/Daughter January '18 Trip - *Finished 4/25 !!*

Super lucky that you were able to snag a FP for FoP when you booked so close to your trip!!! Pixie dust!!

I had the same problem!!! My husband's like, "You should've asked for kid's size glasses." Maybe!!!

I know I was so excited to grab one! I thought about asking for them too! Next time for sure!

Such cute PP pics! And oh my gosh I love the one of you laying on the bench, what a great idea!

So awesome that you were able to get a FoP FP, glad you loved it!

Mmm I could go for a night blossom right now! :)

Thank you! I was so excited to grab one! I could go for one too!!

lovely pics!

Thank you!

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom
Part Three

So when I left off, we were heading over the bridge near FotLK enjoying our nightblossom! We decided to get in line for the next FotLK show. This show is one of my favorites! While we were in line something strange happened. I kept getting an airdrop notification on my phone. It was this pictures saying something like "Free Fastpasses!" I think it was this kid and his gf behind us in line, as I heard them laughing but it was weird. I kept denying it, but they must have sent it through 10 times. It was annoying.

We didn't wait too long before going in and sitting on the Lion side! I didn't take too many pictures in here as I was just trying to take in the show.
38746113180_43af39cfab_z.jpg

39661249515_54b2d0fa92_z.jpg

39661250295_37d829eaba_z.jpg

There was a moment in here that brought me to tears. There was a special needs woman over on the Warthog side who was loving Timon. You could tell she was so happy, laughing and clapping. During the show when Timon was taking a break, he went over to her and sat next to her. She was beaming! He spent as much time as he could with this one woman and ended his time by giving her the biggest squeeze. It was so awesome. That right there is Disney magic!

From there it was time for our Safari FP. We got in line and made our way down. Little did I know, this was going to be one of the best safaris that I had seen!

It started out normal but before long we got stopped on the route. (Sorry I know these are out of order, but I'm trying to get them all in and work with the picture limit!)

39845845824_534f3d2022_z.jpg

39845846764_9ec9fb5f23_z.jpg

39845847404_8e94f0a106_z.jpg
Sken and I call it "catching flies" when someone sleeps with their mouth open. This guy was catching flies!

39845848854_b1c3b8a908_z.jpg

40556359691_dd10b56016_z.jpg

40556360911_ec2027599d_z.jpg

We started to slow down and the driver eventually came on and said they had some animals in the road. We finally got around the corner and saw who was blocking the road.. some giraffes! At this point we got up close and personal to them! It was AWESOME!!

40556362231_fa81251341_z.jpg

Continued next post!

Last edited:
Day 3- Animal Kingdom
Part Four

This post is going to be mostly pictures! I couldn't believe how close we got to all the Giraffes!

39661233965_8fea1d3512_z.jpg

40556363381_c9523b610c_z.jpg

40556364611_aaec0443c6_z.jpg

40556366031_c6bc309c62_z.jpg

40556367401_3c0a006232_z.jpg

40556368081_fc0383ba15_z.jpg

40556369261_903fae953f_z.jpg

40556369851_b979d4475c_z.jpg

It was incredible!! All of those were taken with no zoom on my iPhone! The rest of the ride was pretty good too!

38746096010_94d907aa67_z.jpg

38746094940_fae85e2e45_z.jpg

This cracked me up because my dog likes to sleep like this when she is super tired! :rotfl:

When we were done with the safari we did the Gorilla Falls walking trail. I don't think Mom was really into it because she pretty much flew through the whole thing.

From there we headed to our next FP. We did stop on the way through and got some french fries at a little booth on the way. It was a little past Yak and Yeti. The fries were seasoned and they were really good!!

Then we kept on walking to our next stop.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom
Part Five

I had to get a picture of the ride on to way to our next FP!

38746094400_16515a42ec_z.jpg

The FP line was SO LONG! It went almost all the way to the bridge near Nemo! It was unreal. We were both like "there is no way this is the right line" but it was! It didn't take too long to get through though. We looked for our names on the signs, but unfortunately we didn't see them. Mom was getting nervous as we got on, and I was laughing at her. When I first brought Sken on, I didn't tell him that it goes backwards, so I did the same for Mom. When we got to the part with the broken tracks, I turned and said "oh no! What's going to happen?" and she's like "OMG! Are we going straight down??" It was a riot! I said nope at the same time that we started going backwards! Then came to the part with the drop, and I told her to put her hands up! She did, just long enough for the camera to catch it before grabbing on again for dear life!

39845782124_a0c5505659_z.jpg

When we got off, we walked over to the spot where you can see the drop and I sent a video to my step-dad telling him Mom just did that ride. He wrote back "Where is she now? Changing her pants?" :rotfl2:

From there we headed towards Dinoland! We did stop on the bridge to get pictures since Mom was so proud of conquering Everest!

40556387631_7568c775c7_z.jpg

40556388391_be77168598_z.jpg

40556388711_140705fbd2_z.jpg

After that we decided to do one more ride. We headed over to Dinosaur! The wait was about 30 minutes which wasn't too bad!

38746093810_764e666a00_z.jpg

39661219795_158f6d83ba_z.jpg

The woman behind us was talking to her kids the whole way through saying "It's not real okay? It's just make believe!" I don't know if she was trying to convince her kids or herself! HAHA.

From there we were pretty much done at AK. I did want to see the nighttime stuff but it was still early in the day and we didn't want to wait all day. I asked Mom what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to go back to EPCOT and really explore the countries. So we headed out to the bus stop, making one more PP stop on the way!

40556390881_416a97b716_z.jpg

40556390131_5fb682eca6_z.jpg

The PP told us to give each other a huge sister hug! We got a kick out of it!

40556389221_7c17343f54_z.jpg

As you can tell, it was warming up as well! We were SO happy about that!

Next up our afternoon/evening at EPCOT!

I love that your Mom rode Everest! I was too chicken to ride it in 2015. My son will be 5 this time and if he is tall enough he said he will only ride if I ride. I hope I am able to brave it as well as your Mom did! :rotfl2:

The woman behind us was talking to her kids the whole way through saying "It's not real okay? It's just make believe!" I don't know if she was trying to convince her kids or herself! HAHA.
Ha!! I have made this mistake, too!! I made my son go on when he was six thinking he would love it....I kind of forgot how wildly bumpy it is, so I spent the whole ride screaming, "It's just pretend, Jimmy!!!"

Awesome your Mom was able to conquer Everest! I got my Mom to do it on a trip we took just the two of us and she couldn't believe she lived through it :)

What a nice story about the woman at FotLK :lovestruc

Great safari pics, so cool that you were so close to the giraffes!!

Love that your mom had no idea what to expect on EE hahaha

I'm really enjoying your mother/daughter trip report! I'm not surprised the photographer asked you to do a sister hug - you look just like sisters!

I love that your Mom rode Everest! I was too chicken to ride it in 2015. My son will be 5 this time and if he is tall enough he said he will only ride if I ride. I hope I am able to brave it as well as your Mom did! :rotfl2:

You can do it!! She even said when we got off it wasn't too bad!

Ha!! I have made this mistake, too!! I made my son go on when he was six thinking he would love it....I kind of forgot how wildly bumpy it is, so I spent the whole ride screaming, "It's just pretend, Jimmy!!!"

Awesome your Mom was able to conquer Everest! I got my Mom to do it on a trip we took just the two of us and she couldn't believe she lived through it :)

That's too funny!!

That's awesome! She did end up liking it!

What a nice story about the woman at FotLK :lovestruc

Great safari pics, so cool that you were so close to the giraffes!!

Love that your mom had no idea what to expect on EE hahaha

It was so sweet of Timon to give her some attention!

Thanks! It was so funny!!

I'm really enjoying your mother/daughter trip report! I'm not surprised the photographer asked you to do a sister hug - you look just like sisters!

Thank you! That's so sweet, I'm sure she'd love to hear it!

This show is one of my favorites! While we were in line something strange happened. I kept getting an airdrop notification on my phone. It was this pictures saying something like "Free Fastpasses!" I think it was this kid and his gf behind us in line, as I heard them laughing but it was weird. I kept denying it, but they must have sent it through 10 times. It was annoying.

That is so weird (and annoying!). I had no idea people even use airdrop... showing my age, I guess! hahah!

There was a moment in here that brought me to tears.

Aww that is so sweet <3

hahahahahah love it!

That is so weird (and annoying!). I had no idea people even use airdrop... showing my age, I guess! hahah!

Aww that is so sweet <3

hahahahahah love it!

I've used airdrop with my mom and cousin when trying to send through a ton of pictures but I had no clue people would do something like that. Weird!

It was so sweet!

It's been a few days since I have been here, so I apologize for the big gap in posts. It's been a whirlwind of a week! Last week Sken's uncle passed away unexpectedly, so that has been tough. I took Monday off because I had errands to run before the wake, like picking up Sken's new suit since his was old, and then we had the wake that night. Tuesday a huge snow storm came through and we lost power at about noon. Sken lit the wood stove to keep warm and tried to keep up with the shoveling.

At around 8pm my parents called to check in on us and asked if we wanted to crash at their house for the night. We closed up the wood stove and packed to go to their house. When we lose power, we also lose water, and we both needed to shower and get ready for the funeral Wednesday so we thought it was a good idea. Wednesday we got up super early to get ready, attended the funeral and services, and got back to my parents at 2pm. We both tried to nap but couldn't. We call the house and finally got power back at 4pm so we headed home.

We cleaned up and emptied out the fridge with everything that went bad. Sken cooked up some meat so that we wouldn't have to toss it. We finally settled down around 8pm to eat pizza and relax. We watched the end of Rogue One since we were watching it when the power went out and around 9pm our carbon monoxide detector went off. We called the fire department and they told us to evacuate. Turns out the wood stove never fully went out and the wind caused the ashes to smoulder again and blow back into the house. They aired out the house and cleaned out the wood stove. We had to have all the windows open for about 45 mins until they came back to check to make sure there was no more CO. We finally climbed into a freezing cold bed around 11:30pm.

Yesterday was my first day to work this week and I was swamped. It took forever to try to dig out from the piles on my desk. Same with today so I am just doing a drive by on here and then back to work. I am hoping to be back with an update later next week! Hope you all are doing well!!

Goodness that certainly is a lot to deal with all at once :( I hope you're able to catch up and enjoy a stress free relaxing weekend. Sounds very needed!!

Day 3 - EPCOT
Part Six

So when I left off we were leaving AK and heading over to EPCOT for the night. Mom had really wanted to check out the World Showcase since we didn't get the chance to the other day we were here. We were also able to score a last minute ADR, but I will get there later!

We had a short wait at the bus stop (much shorter than our first day waiting for MK) and soon we were at EPCOT! When we first walked in, we were going to stop for some PP pictures, but the lines were way too long, so we took our own!

38746092890_1f03b9b30c_z.jpg

38746092060_ceb9938c0f_z.jpg

38746092380_376679d4a4_z.jpg

Since we had done Future World already, we headed right for World Showcase. We took our time, trying to just take in the scenes and also enjoy the warmer weather that was coming out! When we closer to the entrance of WS, we saw a stage show setting up. It was some acrobats that were there performing for the Festive of the Arts. We watched them briefly, and then got in line to take some PP!

38746133790_254840fdc9_z.jpg

38746134720_4160af96da_z.jpg

38746135480_3606b82035_z.jpg

38746136400_986b2b93b7_z.jpg

And we got all excited when the photographer told us she was going to do a magic shot! Until we saw the pictures and we got another Tink!

39845781364_f0d9c8a164_z.jpg

I do think this one came out really cute though! From there we continued on, stopping at the little booths along the way to look at some of the art. We were talking and decided that something sounded really good at this point in time, so we headed that way. What do you think we were going for? I will give you two hints..

38746091790_368a2d9ba1_z.jpg

38746091520_e203e1a829_z.jpg

Also this part isn't too fair, as I will give away the answer as soon as I can type up the next entry, so if you really want to guess, then don't scroll on just yet LOL. (Sorry this was a terrible cliffhanger but if I wait any longer this TR will never get done! )

Continued next post!

Day 3 - EPCOT
Part Seven

So you probably guess by the two pictures that we headed to the Mexico pavilion, but why? We headed straight to La Cava del Tequila! I had read on here a lot about the Avocado margarita, and I was thinking about trying it, but didn't know if I was that brave! LOL. Mom ended up getting it!

Avocado Margarita
Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus salt rim

I went with the Blood Orange!

Blood Orange Margarita
Tequila, orange liqueur, earthy sweet-tart mix of blood orange juice, wild berry foam. On the rocks with a Tajín chili powder on the rim

They were both SO GOOD!

38746091330_2b3b92393d_z.jpg

With drinks in hand, we walked around the rest of the pavilion and looked at the little shops. From there we headed back out the WS and around! We skipped over Norway and I don't really remember why, but soon we were in China. We stopped into the stores to look around. Mom had wanted to bring home Step-dad a scarf. She had been looking everywhere and having no luck at they were all very feminine. We didn't find one in China either, but we did find another PP!

38746131080_511a988fc7_z.jpg

38746131950_578bf9d032_z.jpg

38746132600_b6478124f4_z.jpg

39845779654_ac29f98202_z.jpg

We kept making our way around and enjoying our drinks! We were honestly just taking it slow and meandering because we had plenty of time. We passed the outpost and then made our way into Germany. Through the shops we went, taking it all in. It was somewhere around here that we both realized that drinking margaritas with nothing in our stomachs wasn't the brightest idea. We talked it over quick and decided to stop into the American pavilion to grab a bite to eat.

We didn't have to wait too long for the food. I got the chicken nuggets and I think Mom got a burger. We took our time here too since it had been a while since we just sat and relaxed. We had known this day that we weren't going to go back to AKL midday, so this break was needed. After about 45ish minutes, we headed back out.

Soon we got to Japan! Funny how it takes no time at all to get from one side of the World to the other, LOL! We went into the shop, and ended up at the new table for pick a pearl. I wish I had taken a picture of this new area. They included a tv that is a stream from a camera right above the woman picking the pearls so that everyone can see without crowding the space. I told Mom that I would buy her a pearl for her birthday! So I paid for two oysters, and we got in line. I think there was only maybe 5 people in front of us.

We both got white pearls, around 7mm. I seem to get the same thing every time, but the experience is so fun! We peaked at the jewelry, but nothing caught our eyes, so we decided to take the pearls home and get something off Amazon. The sun was starting to set when we left Japan

25685706737_7eaa4df8a0_z.jpg

It was at this time that we put the layers back on, but kept trucking around the WS, checking out the Festival booths along the way. I saw some art that I really liked, but most of it was expensive and too large to try to bring home. When we got to Morocco, we decided to stop for another PP!

38746127690_a121e22679_z.jpg

38746128470_6c8ec0dd23_z.jpg

38746130150_ab698fc169_z.jpg

40556382531_60b59241fb_z.jpg

We continued around and checked out the remaining countries, all while looking for a scarf that was nowhere to be found! When we got back to the beginning, I asked Mom if she wanted to check out the festival center since we still had plenty of time before our ADR. We decided to head over that way. Well my mistake.. because apparently they don't open the festive center for the Festival of the Arts. So basically, we walked to the other side of the park for nothing. I asked Mom if she wanted to do some rides, but she didn't want anything too fast. I suggest Nemo and we headed over that way.

Continued next post.

Day 3 - EPCOT
Part Eight

We got over to Nemo and it was basically a walk on.

39661226765_d2662a0609_z.jpg

This ride is so cute, and I love how they incorporate both the real tank and projections. After our ride under the sea, we decided to check out the aquarium. Mom had never been to this area and I loved showing it to her.

39661225825_823a89281e_z.jpg

39661226285_d7d1b49f71_z.jpg

From there I asked if she wanted to do another slow moving ride since we had killed some time, but not enough. She obliged and we headed over to Living with the Land. I love this little ride, and will always take the opportunity to ride it when I go to EPCOT. Mom seemed to like it and remembered dining at Garden Grill on our last trip! After we got off the ride, we found a table and sat to charge our phones and call our Husbands. We also called Aunt to make sure she made it okay the day before and to tell her what we did that day. While sitting down, I noticed that Soarin only had a 15 minute wait. I asked Mom and she was all for it, so in we went. I think we ended up waiting closer to 20 but we didn't mind.

After this point, we started making our way to dinner. We had to head to Italy for dinner! On the way we stopped in the shop at the front and Mom found a scarf for Step-dad! She was so excited and I was honestly excited that we didn't have to keep looking for one LOL.

From there we walked back and checked into Via Napoli for dinner! We didn't wait too long and we were sat.

39661225215_e5a0afd0a7_z.jpg

We both got a glass of wine and decided to split a pizza. We had the dining plan, but we had other meals that we wanted to use it on, so we ended up paying for this one OOP. Our waiter was Salvatore and he was great! The waiter at the table next to us was awesome too and I didn't catch his name. We didn't have to wait too long before the pizza came.

39661224825_0038d3cfe7_z.jpg

We went to town on this pizza! It was SO GOOD, as always, but mmmm I could so go for some right now!!

I had thought that we could see Illuminations from here, but I was wrong. We heard it going on, and some people went outside to get a better look, but we decided to just stay and enjoy the pizza. Boy did we!

39661224325_517d857163_z.jpg

Salvatore was picking on us for not eating the last piece but neither of us could do it! Soon after he cleared away the pizza, all the waiters came out and sang Happy Birthday to Mom in Italian! It was so nice! They also brought out a dessert. It was good!

39661223835_98b1f2e6c9_z.jpg

Towards the end of dinner, the waiter from the table to our right, came between our table and the table on the left and wanted us to all get up and dance. I don't remember now why, but it was so fun! He was spinning me around and got an older gentleman at the table next to us to get up and boogie and it was so much fun! Mom tried to get a picture but her phone wasn't cooperating so that didn't happen.

After we were fully satisfied we settled up and headed out. It was so eerie to come out to a complete dark and empty EPCOT! I tired to get some pictures, but they are a little blurry because it was cold and we were hustling back to the busses to warm up!

39661223275_539d9907b9_z.jpg

25685680717_029d277c4f_z.jpg

We got back to the bus in no time and there happened to be one there. We got right on and he left right away. I think we were there so long after closing that they were just focusing on getting people back to their resorts. Before long we were back at AKL and back to our room! We did some light packing since tomorrow would be our last day and we had an early ADR! I checked my FitBit and then jumped into bed and fell right asleep!

25685680067_b7683e05f5_z.jpg

Up next our last day, and trip title revealed!

Lots of cute PP pics! I'm glad you enjoyed your margaritas :)

So awesome to get on Soarin standby with a decent wait!

Sounds like such a fun dinner!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter