There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

Another great Mo-family Thanksgiving in the books! Loved all your butter photos, LOL! We had a great Thanksgiving, too.

I am so glad it was not just me using that much butter. I think I went through at least two pounds of it. Your Thanksgiving sounds a lot more festive than mine, but I really appreciated the quiet of mine after working retail on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I had to work my retail job Wednesday, Friday and Saturday...we were there Wednesday until 12:30 am. I was glad to be off Thursday, because I then worked 5am until 2 pm. It was not bad. Very busy, but kind of fun. Then came back for more of it for 5 hours on Saturday. Needless to say, I slept and rested most of Sunday. I did do two loads of laundry but that was about it!

Going look to see if more was added to the trip report!

I'm with you on the whole turkey is yuck thing. I have cooked just one in my whole life and I don't care if I ever do it again. Turkey ain't that good anyway. :P Your butter story had me cracking up! As Paula Deen says, you can never have too much butter. (yes, I know there is controversy with her but I have not watched Food Network since they fired her because there are lots of other chefs on their network that have done worse than she admitted to....Lord, I probably done stirred something up and it ain't melted butter.:faint:) Anyway, you all were working the heck outta that kitchen. It's so good to see kids get into the holiday spirit like that and it is also good to have helping hands when it comes to feeding a house full.

Hee hee, now that I have met your family (spoiler for your TR) I can picture everything happening there so much better! I'm lucky enough to have a husband who does all of the cooking so I just get to sit back and relax while he makes the Turkey. Granted I get the clean up which isn't all that fun. Can't wait to read your TR!

That turkey is huge! How did you fit all of that food in your oven? Unfortunately, my oven only fits one turkey and maybe a loaf size pan if I push hard.

it was about 25 pounds.. After the butter it's about 35!!! I have a roaster so this frees up my over for the GOOD food!!! all the sides!! the roaster is a life saver.

It looks like you had a lot of fun preparing all that food. By the way, one of my grandsons would have said "Die, turkey, die". It must be normal

Oh good.. glad to hear this isn't only my sadistic child...

I'm impressed that you already have your house back in order. My house is still upside down, we had to move the furniture around to fit 25 people. When I left before we still had the leaves in the table, but at least the 2 6 ft folding tables were put away.

Not only do i have a house back it's decorated for Christmas!!! I KNOW! your as shocked as i am!
at least your table are away! see always looking at the bright side of things! LOL

I found this funny @Elevationist . I had made it almost that long myself, but then one year (for Canadian Thanksgiving) my mom woke up with a migraine and it was up to me to cook the bird. I googled up a recipe and away I went!! GAh. It was nasty but I did it.

baaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha NO ONE gets away from cooking that thing for long. I am just sitting here waiting for her turn....

I loved all your cooking tales though @Chicago Mo ...that injector is so awesome!! I have to tell my mom about that...did you just put straight melted butter in there or do you put anything else in? All the food looked fantastic...One day...I want to go over to an American's house for a real Thanksgiving dinner. I mean, we do it up here (in October of course) but we just don't seem to take it as seriously I don't think!

Thanks! The injector is the BEST INVENTION! Nope it has BUTTER and spices! The needle is HUGE! My friend here at work found it and bought herself and one for me! I love her.
It's tradition to text each other back and forth during the prep time for the bird we get each other through it!!!

What an awesome Thanksgiving. Glad you made it back safe. Ready to hear about your Disney adventure!

Thank you! As soon as i come up with a title i can start rolling.

Yum! I love love love those crescent Apple thingies. Seriously, you can stuff anything in a crescent and it is good :)

No kidding crescent rolls are the BOMB!

It all looks delicious! And hilarious! I'd love to be a fly on your wall during TG prep. Lol

Come over.
your always welcome.

I am still not sick of Thanksgiving leftovers... Love them so !much.

OMG i have NOT stopped eating!!!! CARBS CARBS EVERYWHERE!!!!! and they are DELICIOUS!

I'll have to go found that Friends episode... V just finished watching all 10 seasons, she probably knows exactly which episode ypou are talking about.

seriously need to watch it. I laughed so hard.

Happy thanksgiving to you my friend!

same to you and your adorable family! go squish them all for me!

Another great Mo-family Thanksgiving in the books! Loved all your butter photos, LOL! We had a great Thanksgiving, too.

Love butter.. More the merrier!!

I am so glad it was not just me using that much butter. I think I went through at least two pounds of it. Your Thanksgiving sounds a lot more festive than mine, but I really appreciated the quiet of mine after working retail on Tuesday and Wednesday.

no quiet... EVER in my house!

I had to work my retail job Wednesday, Friday and Saturday...we were there Wednesday until 12:30 am. I was glad to be off Thursday, because I then worked 5am until 2 pm. It was not bad. Very busy, but kind of fun. Then came back for more of it for 5 hours on Saturday. Needless to say, I slept and rested most of Sunday. I did do two loads of laundry but that was about it!

I can understand this... same with me.

I'm with you on the whole turkey is yuck thing. I have cooked just one in my whole life and I don't care if I ever do it again. Turkey ain't that good anyway. :P Your butter story had me cracking up! As Paula Deen says, you can never have too much butter. (yes, I know there is controversy with her but I have not watched Food Network since they fired her because there are lots of other chefs on their network that have done worse than she admitted to....Lord, I probably done stirred something up and it ain't melted butter.:faint:) Anyway, you all were working the heck outta that kitchen. It's so good to see kids get into the holiday spirit like that and it is also good to have helping hands when it comes to feeding a house full.

GAH Turkey is HORRIBLE! I actually had a bunch of Paula Deen meme's ready! then figured someone would report me ha ha ha ha ha ha She can come and cook at my house anytime. we LOVE BUTTER!
No you cannot have enough butter... EVER
who cares if you stirred anything. you know i don't care!
The kids are really getting into cooking! makes me SOOOO HAPPY! We have such a great time with it!!!

Hee hee, now that I have met your family (spoiler for your TR) I can picture everything happening there so much better! I'm lucky enough to have a husband who does all of the cooking so I just get to sit back and relax while he makes the Turkey. Granted I get the clean up which isn't all that fun. Can't wait to read your TR!

Can i borrow Jim?
Yep! My family Adopted Ariana...

I love seeing the kids in on the cooking. I need to do that more. Looks like a fun day.

It always a blast with this crew!

Alright i am READY to start a report.. sadly i cannot think of a title!
SO i hope to start it today. I don't have the time.. But at least i can start something?!?!

Sure as long as you give him back. I don't want to have to start cooking myself. :rotfl:

I've been trying to think of one for you but I have enough trouble coming up with my own titles. Where's Connie, she's good with titles.

Gotta give him BACK? dang it..

No Kidding she named a couple of mine!!!

YAAAAY!! I'm heading there now :) This is a highlight while my students are gone at Computer class. I should be doing much more productive classroom things but I just don't wanna!!!!

FINALLY! Just in time for me to leave for Disney! Good job! :thumbsup2

LOL,, Go have fun. can't wait to hear about the birthday trip of the century.

YAAAAY!! I'm heading there now :) This is a highlight while my students are gone at Computer class. I should be doing much more productive classroom things but I just don't wanna!!!!

YAY Nope today is friday.. I do as little as i can... Tell the kids to nap... for 8 hours..

Woohoo!!! I'm on my way...

YAY

woohoo!! going to check it out! :)

SO HAPPY!

Yayay! Officially a TR. I've got it subscribed so I can catch up soon.

WOHOO

YAY your all going to read!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter