They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Mine turns 70 next month and I still have to figure out what we are going to do. To say she is difficult is an understatement so debating how much effort I want to put into something that she'll likely poopoo anyway :P

Looks like you have a great first day of plans. I'm sure you know this already, but our "plans" are pretty much the same thing. You have some fast passes, you may or may not know what you are going to eat, and after that its all about winging it :-) If it weren't for fast passes I'm not even sure I could tell you what parks we'd be in.

I can't believe you are making the boys go to 1900. They may just make you an honorary step sister after that :P Be prepared to take Steve upstairs for a drink at Citricos afterwards just in case.

I've had "undeliverable" packages before...very frustrating! Hopefully you got it worked out. We've eaten at 1900 Park Fare twice now, and we loved it both times. Maybe y'all will love it! :shamrock:

I can't believe you're 3 weeks and some change out from your trip! Woohoo!!! :hyper:

We saw "The House"
I've been wanting to see this, too! :thumbsup2

last Sunday the 2nd we celebrated my mom's 70th birthday
My goodness your mom looks amazing - 70?!?!? I can only hope to be so lucky! Good genes in your family ;)

Fried Green Tomato sandwich, mmmmmmm:worship:
YUM!!!

so I'm hoping at leasts one of the sisters dishes it out to Chris the way he dishes it out to everyone else.
:rotfl:

Wish me luck, we wants the purse!
Good luck!!! Keep us posted!

Hi guys! I'll be back to reply to all your comments and do my next update soon, just wanted to show you what came to the house yesterday while I as on line at the post office trying to find it:

IMG_6380.JPG

I hadn't taken all the plastic off yet when I took the pictures but here are the tassels on the sides. Love the tassels!

IMG_6381.JPG

They even have my redhead on it, although I do wish she was on the front or back instead of the sides:

IMG_6382.JPG

And finally here's the inside, LOVE the red!

IMG_6383.JPG

So I haven't quite retired my Runway Princess Dooney, I plan to switch them out periodically since I'm sure that one will get more comments than this. Up close you can tell it's PoTC but not from a distance which I don't care about because I absolutely love the colors and the pictures on it, but I also enjoy the conversations my Princess bag has started (and the business cards it's allowed me to hand out!) Back soon, hope you all are having a great day pirate:

It would arrive while you were away trying to figure out why it wasn't arriving. lol

Yay, so beautiful! I agree you should definitely alternate between them.

We are doing 1900 PF in August at dinner time as well. We did eat dinner one other time and loved the stepsisters and stepmother, so awesome. Prince Charming was a bit of a dud. He told us he can't go on Splash Mountain because it would mess up his hair do. Andi just laughed.:rotfl2:

I love the Pirates Dooney purse.

That is awesome photo!!! I love Steve's face in the background!.
It was such a great interaction! The CM stared him down and asked where he was from. He said "Wappingers Falls, NY". She was from something Falls NY so she said, "I DIED in -------- Falls, NY!"

That is what I want to try there as well. If you guys grab something small at Starbucks that morning, you might be hungry by 11? no? maybe.... The Plaza would probably be a lighter lunch for having 2 TS in one day.
I've given it a bit more thought and yes, I think by 11 we'd be hungry. And the meal at the Plaza will be lighter so will work better with the Park Fare dinner. We'll save LTT for our next trip!

We went 2 trips ago. And the food is just ok. It was fine. Nothing to rave about and nothing to say, I really want to go back to eat. But it wasn't bad. Just ok. My girls loved the Strawberry Soup, which was basically getting a yogurt drink in a bowl.
I'm not sure about the strawberry soup lol! Sounds kind of gross but I know it's a popular item there. I guarantee Steve will try it!

I had this happen to me once. I forget what it was but it was something big too. And I called and then didn't know what I was talking about and THEN they magically delivered it the next day! It was so so so strange.
Luckily I got it! Called FedEx and they said just what the tracking website said, that the PO had it. And while I was on line at the PO Steve texted me that it had been delivered lol.

We've had the Fried Green Tomato sandwich at Rosie's All-American Cafe (at DHS)! It's SOOO good!! That one in your picture looks even better than the one we've had.
I had no idea they had a fried green tomato sandwich there! All this time I could have had one :( I thought Homecomin' was the first place to have one in the World........

I am seriously considering doing LTT in June. We will do one MK day among a few resort only days, so we will need a TS, unless we decide to stick with QS only, and I am looking hard at LTT.
It's SO good! You should give it a try :thumbsup2

It very well might be too close. I will say I wasn't nearly as hungry in June as I thought I would be. The humidity just sapped it out of me.
Unfortunately even the heat doesn't lessen my appetite :rotfl: But after thinking more I do think LTT would be too heavy with our dinner, so pretty sure I'm going to cancel that and keep Plaza for this trip.

So fun! We used to do breakfast here all the time.
We did breakfast once back in 2007 and loved it, the food and characters were great. I'd love to do it again actually but need to get dinner there out of my system first!

Good luck! I do know here that a lot of things shipped Fed Ex and UPS are passed off to the post office to delivery. As a matter of fact, my recent Disney Store order was shipped Fed Ex but passed off to USPS who then delivered it.
Exactly what happened ::yes::

You've done pretty well for celebrating the last couple of weekends!
LOL I have. This weekend coming up will be cleaning and shopping as my 3 nephews are coming Sat. night from Ga. to spend 2 weeks with us. They're 6,9,and 13 :scared1: And every night this week we have basketball so I'm definitely not bored this summer!

It just won't ever be like the old welcome show for me, so I'm pretty sure I just won't ever like it as much.
I know I should give it a chance but I also know this is how I'll feel. I'm very resistant to change lol but in no way does the new show seem to hold a candle to the old one. And as much as I like the whole getting-onto-Main St.-early thing, there was something special about being welcomed INTO the park...........

Poor Ricky! I'm so easily creeped out, but I loooove Haunted Mansion. I would have been a little unsure of it as a kid though, but probably over it by Ricky's age.
The funny thing is he used to ride it and enjoy it when he was young, and then all of a sudden when he was around 10 it started bothering him. Maybe when he realized people can actually die lol? IDK, but he normally chooses to sit on the Momento Mori porch while we ride :rolleyes:

Interesting to hear about the poor food reviews, but I've always heard the same thing about the awesome character interaction. I'd love to see the look on Chris's face!
I'd love to see it too, which is a big part of why I booked it!

Great picture of you and your Mom.
Thank you :hug:

Hopefully you got your new Dooney today.
I did!! And I switched over all my stuff and took it to the grocery store and Chris's basketball game :thumbsup2

She looks wonderful at 70!
Thank you, I have to agree :) And for that very reason I forgot she was turning 70 until a few days beforehand! She still drives all over for work and this Sat. is driving (with Ricky) to Va. to pick up my nephews.

I've never watched any opening show....
The good thing about that is since the wonderful old opening show is gone, you don't know what you're missing :(

I try not to plan every minute, but my family and friends already think I'm crazy for planning/booking ADR's 6 months out...
Yes, non-Disney peeps usually feel that way. But when you have a large group going it's even more important to plan that far out and once they're all there, they'll realize that and be VERY appreciative I'm sure!

I have a reservation made for here in January too! I've heard mixed reviews on the food as well, but I'm really interested in meeting the Step-sisters :) I hope they do a great job of embarrassing Chris haha!
LOL I do too! I'll be sure to write ALL about it in my TR and take lots of pics if the interaction is that good.

Sounds like a pretty darn detailed first park day plan to me ;)
I know, and after I said I don't get too detailed :o But I do plan a little more when the boys are with us and on top of that, with the heat and planning on taking breaks this trip, which isn't the norm for us, I guess in my head I'm thinking more about when we'll do the things that are important to ME ;)

Those came from about 20 miles south of me!! Be careful...they're addictive. I think we have about 15 of them??
Tell me about it! I have another 4 in my cart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet..............

That's what I booked for our arrival night in October. I've never been to any of the value resorts before (or any of the mods, other than dropping off/picking up people on ME, and then it was just Coronado Springs), so I'm excited to see a new place.
I read that in your TR. We stayed one night at ASSports back in 2012 before a 9 night stay at BWV, simply because friends of ours were at Sports and we came in a day early specifically to do a park day with them. It was..........ok. But the double beds even bothered Steve for that one night. We stayed at CSR for a week in 2014 and all loved it, and POFQ twice. Our stays there were fine but I don't care for the theming. Chris has become a resort snob and will comment on things when we aren't at a deluxe and Steve misses the deluxes also but since we won't get to the resort until around 10pm arrival night it seemed silly to book a deluxe, especially since WL isn't available with my rate that night or the next.

The new rooms look so nice, but I think I'm going to ask for the 70s building 10 which won't be done by then, I'm sure.
Actually from what I hear, the 70's section is being worked on now so you may get a refurbed room! Us on the other hand, don't think so since we have a preferred room booked. I hadn't thought about this before but, preferred rooms are in the 50's, 60's, and 70's sections and I highly doubt the 70's will be done in 3 weeks, so doubles for us it'll be :sad:

I like this print! I cannot commit to Dooney bags. I thought I was 100% going to get the Small World print, almost bought it in May...then almost bought the F&G print...then said no to both. I have two Kate Spade bags I alternate, one for the school year and one for summer, and I love them both so much I can't give them up for something different.
It's funny how we get hooked on one brand of bag and are so reluctant to switch. I had tons of Coach bags, not Disney just regular Coach bags, before my first Dooney and I was hesitant to get it. Now I'm hesitant to get anything BUT a Dooney. You need Kate Spade to come out with Disney prints!
His love for this is awesome :rotfl2: I feel like he needs a special shirt to commemorate it!
And I swear I saw someone with a DMT shirt! @StarWarsMomofGirls! was it your DH?

Ugh, that's frustrating!! I hope you get it asap!
Mission: accomplished :thumbsup2

Go for the sandwich! And they have all you can drink milkshakes, but I have yet to try LTT so I can't really compare them. We walked up to the Plaza at noon, so prime lunch hours, and only waited about 10 minutes but that was the end of Feb.
Good to know! I'm pretty positive we're going to go with the Plaza so that sandwich will be mine :-)

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Mine turns 70 next month and I still have to figure out what we are going to do. To say she is difficult is an understatement so debating how much effort I want to put into something that she'll likely poopoo anyway :P
Thank you! I wish I'd done more, I completely forgot she was turning 70 until a few days before because I always have 150 things running through my mind. I texted her about 4 days before and asked what she wanted to do; she said cake at my house was fine. Then all of a sudden it hit me: Crap, it's a big one! So I told her we'd go to dinner but she wanted to eat at the house (she's happy anywhere as long as there's lots of wine) so I just invited more people over than I'd planned on. She was happy which is all that matters. She's easy to please but my MIL not so much so I feel your pain- good luck!

Looks like you have a great first day of plans. I'm sure you know this already, but our "plans" are pretty much the same thing. You have some fast passes, you may or may not know what you are going to eat, and after that its all about winging it :-) If it weren't for fast passes I'm not even sure I could tell you what parks we'd be in.
I miss those days of deciding night before or morning of where we'll go :guilty: I never planned park days until FP's with the exception of a couple meals when the boys were younger, and even then since we always park hopped it didn't matter where we went all day. Even for this trip, if it wasn't going to be so disgustingly hot and I didn't think we'd leave the parks mid-day I'd plan a lot less.

We've eaten at 1900 Park Fare twice now, and we loved it both times. Maybe y'all will love it! :shamrock:
I hope we do! I really have little doubt at least I'll love the character ineraction, and regardless of their complaining the boys usually end up liking character meals. So even if the food isn't the best I'm thinking it'll be a good time :goodvibes

I can't believe you're 3 weeks and some change out from your trip! Woohoo!!! :hyper:
I'm excited but it's also that time when I start panicking a bit because I've done nothing, put no thought into what I'm packing or what I need to buy, and I have so much going on and not much time to get ready for the trip! Worse case scenario I'm a basket case packing the night before and I sleep from exhaustion on the plane lol.

My goodness your mom looks amazing - 70?!?!? I can only hope to be so lucky! Good genes in your family ;)
:thanks: She swears it's almost 50 years of Mary Kay products :laughing:

The bag looks fantastic!!
Thanks! I was a happy girl swinging it around the grocery store today

It would arrive while you were away trying to figure out why it wasn't arriving. lol
I knew as soon as I heard my phone go off while I was in line that it was Steve telling me he had the bag :sad2: But, the key words here are "he had the bag" !

We are doing 1900 PF in August at dinner time as well. We did eat dinner one other time and loved the stepsisters and stepmother, so awesome. Prince Charming was a bit of a dud. He told us he can't go on Splash Mountain because it would mess up his hair do. Andi just laughed.:rotfl2:
OMG that is hysterical! And sounds like something he'd say based on most of the pictures I've sen of Prince Charming there. He always looks......not the way I expect Prince Charming to look, if that makes sense. And the wig is always SO obvious! When I see pictures of Cinderella dancing with him or walking arm in arm with him there, I feel bad for her :rotfl:

I know I should give it a chance but I also know this is how I'll feel. I'm very resistant to change lol but in no way does the new show seem to hold a candle to the old one. And as much as I like the whole getting-onto-Main St.-early thing, there was something special about being welcomed INTO the park...........

Completely agree.

Other than the less-cramped safety factor, I really don't have much good to say about it in comparison. It's fine. But not the same.

Actually from what I hear, the 70's section is being worked on now so you may get a refurbed room! Us on the other hand, don't think so since we have a preferred room booked. I hadn't thought about this before but, preferred rooms are in the 50's, 60's, and 70's sections and I highly doubt the 70's will be done in 3 weeks, so doubles for us it'll be :sad:

I booked preferred too, so hopefully before October they'll be ready if they're working on 70s now! I thought they were still on 80s, but I haven't done a ton of research admittedly. The doubles are the big drawback of the values, so I'm glad they're replacing them with queens...although I expect a price hike before long, because the refurbs do look really nice!

You need Kate Spade to come out with Disney prints!

She actually has a Minnie Mouse line!!

I"m ready for you to go on your trip...I'm needing some live "I'm in Disney" pictures to look at :rotfl:

Bear with my pictures, I'm trying to use old pictures of mine that don't have to be made smaller lol.
Since we won't be Club Level yet, I think we'll skip getting breakfast at the resort and grab something on Main St. from Starbucks. This will be all of our first time seeing the opening show since Steve and I haven't managed to see it on our last 2 adults trips and it started after our family trip last Nov. I'm not overly excited to see it and I know the boys won't be either, but if we're there in time I'll watch just to say I've seen it.

I feel the same way. I understand the reason for the change from a logistical (and financial...) perspective, but I haven't let go of my bitterness about losing the train show.

My biggest ?? for this day is lunch. I have two reservations: the Plaza at 11:05 and LTT at 12:15. I know Steve would prefer LTT and we both loved our lunch there back in March, but there's something on the Plaza menu I REALLY want to try:
View attachment 251509

Fried Green Tomato sandwich, mmmmmmm:worship: However I don't know that we want to eat at 11 and I haven't been able to get a later time. There's always the walk-up option though. LTT is 12:15 and Steve would prefer that, but we also have a TS dinner at 5:30 and those might be too close together. I know two TS in a day is a lot for some but we aren't huge on QS and with the heat, we'll be happy to sit inside twice but I'm still torn: early fried green tomatoes, or later patriotic lunch with possibly still being full by dinner?

I was going to recommend sticking with Plaza simply because you have the early buffet dinner that evening, but it looks like you already came to that conclusion!

Still not sure? I'm hoping to embarrass the boys a bit with the character interaction here at 5:30:
View attachment 251523

I think I said this earlier in this PTR but I've made dinner reservations here quite a few times and then cancelled, but this time I'm sticking to it. I've never met the stepsisters and even though I tell myself I'm ok with it, I want to! I read mixed reviews of the food, basically for every good review of the dinner food I read 6 negative reviews so I'm not expecting anything great. Better to go in with low expectations and be surprised than to go in expecting to love it and be disappointed! However in all those negative food reviews the one thing that IS positive are the reviews of the character interactions, so I'm hoping at leasts one of the sisters dishes it out to Chris the way he dishes it out to everyone else.

Yay! I can't comment on the food, as the menu has changed a lot since we were there (though I enjoyed the version of it we got), but the character interactions are fantastic. It should be pretty easy to set Chris up for some...fun ;)

That's it for our first day! Sorry I don't get as detailed as some of you but it would make my head spin! On another note, I checked tracking today for my PoTC Dooney. It made it to my local FedEx office but says "Undeliverable" for some reason :furious: NO idea why. Then it says to go to my local P.O. to see about picking it up or setting up delivery. Guess I know where I'm stopping tomorrow! That undeliverable note was put on there yesterday and we didn't have any kind of note or card left on the door about FedEx trying to deliver something, and I don't know why the wouldn't leave it, and I'm not confident it would be at the post office if FedEx was trying to deliver it. Bottom line not happy right now! Wish me luck, we wants the purse!

No luck needed because you got it! :) It's gorgeous!

Love your new bag!!! We did dinner at 1900 Park Fare, characters were great, I have no memory of the food so I guess it wasn't horrible. :hyper:

I saw an announcement somewhere on completion dates for the 70s building but of course I don't remember where nor when. It definitely was no later than mid September and may have been earlier. But I suppose that's just projected, however they seem to be moving right along.

it's a big one! So I told her we'd go to dinner but she wanted to eat at the house (she's happy anywhere as long as there's lots of wine) so I just invited more people over than I'd planned on. She was happy which is all that matters. She's easy to please but my MIL not so much so I feel your pain- good luck!
I think I'd love your Mom. Mine doesn't even drink. Can you even fathom where I came from? :P

img_6380-jpg.251815

I hadn't taken all the plastic off yet when I took the pictures but here are the tassels on the sides. Love the tassels!

oooh-have a friend literally on her way right now to WDW (she is taking her family (DH plus 3 grown kids, and their kids/families-think they have a party of 10, staying at Comtemporary) and she loves this bag! She has a large HM one, smaller Tinkerbell one, her daughter has a crossbody HM. She is torn between this one and a ?new? tinkerbell one? I confess I am not up on the latest D&B's. I do love her bags though (especially as we are both huge HM fans!)

This weekend coming up will be cleaning and shopping as my 3 nephews are coming Sat. night from Ga. to spend 2 weeks with us. They're 6,9,and 13 :scared1: And every night this week we have basketball so I'm definitely not bored this summer!
You really do have a busy summer. With all those boys in your life you deserve a princess dinner at the GF. :) We went there a few years ago, when our granddaughter was three years old. She gave the stepsisters and stepmother big hugs and adored them so much that they just couldn't be mean to our group. I was a little disappointed not to get their normal routine, but I understood why they didn't do it. :)

She actually has a Minnie Mouse line!!
I'm going to have to look that up!

I"m ready for you to go on your trip...I'm needing some live "I'm in Disney" pictures to look at :rotfl:
:laughing: If I could leave tomorrow for you, I would :goodvibes

Yay! I can't comment on the food, as the menu has changed a lot since we were there (though I enjoyed the version of it we got), but the character interactions are fantastic. It should be pretty easy to set Chris up for some...fun ;)
When I booked this meal for the first time about 4 years ago, I bought plastic diamond rings at the party store for the boys to give the stepsisters. Chris was 7 and said he'd do it; Ricky was 11 and I knew some bribing was going to have to take place. Now there's no way I'd get either of them to do it without a huge payoff, but I've been comtemplating buying one ring, not telling Chris, and then pulling it out while there and telling one of the sisters it's for her from him. Just not sure if that's crossing the mother-son trust line :rolleyes1

We did dinner at 1900 Park Fare, characters were great, I have no memory of the food so I guess it wasn't horrible. :hyper:
I supposed that's a good thing lol! People tend to remember negative experiences more than positive so if you hated the food you'd probably remember!

I saw an announcement somewhere on completion dates for the 70s building but of course I don't remember where nor when. It definitely was no later than mid September and may have been earlier. But I suppose that's just projected, however they seem to be moving right along.
I seem to remember seeing that also but can't find it. Either way, it won't be done when we're there :(

I think I'd love your Mom. Mine doesn't even drink. Can you even fathom where I came from? :P
WHAT IN THE HE.....:hyper2: I don't even know what to say.
On any given day, my mom has a box full of empty wine bottles in her apt. ready to be carried out to the recycling bin. If it's hot outside and my MIL comes over, she walks in and asks for a glass of water. If it's hot outside and my mom walks in, she asks for a glass of wine. Or a beer if she's feeling rowdy :D

oooh-have a friend literally on her way right now to WDW (she is taking her family (DH plus 3 grown kids, and their kids/families-think they have a party of 10, staying at Comtemporary) and she loves this bag! She has a large HM one, smaller Tinkerbell one, her daughter has a crossbody HM. She is torn between this one and a ?new? tinkerbell one? I confess I am not up on the latest D&B's. I do love her bags though (especially as we are both huge HM fans!)
I have the HM crossbody, too! I may end up taking it for this trip because my other crossbody, which is a less expensive Disney purse I bought in the parks, has an uncomfortable strap. I saw the new Tinkerbell one it's cute! It always takes me awhile to decide which ones I'm actually going to buy.

You really do have a busy summer. With all those boys in your life you deserve a princess dinner at the GF. :)
Don't I?? That's how I've gotten my past princess meals and my stay in a LM room at AoA - guilting the men using the excuse that I have no girly stuff in my life princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter