They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

When I booked this meal for the first time about 4 years ago, I bought plastic diamond rings at the party store for the boys to give the stepsisters. Chris was 7 and said he'd do it; Ricky was 11 and I knew some bribing was going to have to take place. Now there's no way I'd get either of them to do it without a huge payoff, but I've been comtemplating buying one ring, not telling Chris, and then pulling it out while there and telling one of the sisters it's for her from him. Just not sure if that's crossing the mother-son trust line :rolleyes1

:rotfl:I love it!! Maybe you could just pull it out and not say anything. I'm sure the sister would run with it and no trust is broken - you just innocently set a ring on the table. :rolleyes1

When I booked this meal for the first time about 4 years ago, I bought plastic diamond rings at the party store for the boys to give the stepsisters. Chris was 7 and said he'd do it; Ricky was 11 and I knew some bribing was going to have to take place. Now there's no way I'd get either of them to do it without a huge payoff, but I've been comtemplating buying one ring, not telling Chris, and then pulling it out while there and telling one of the sisters it's for her from him. Just not sure if that's crossing the mother-son trust line
Oh flirting with fire!
Seriously - This had me LOL!!!-I was soooo excited to get FP+ for A&E in 2014-especially as we were offsite-as we are literally in line in view (&sound) of the princesses my son LOUDLY announces "I am NOT into princesses!" Luckily we had a couple great CM's and Anna and Elsa were awesome-he refused to smile around Anna but he did crack a grin with Elsa. Boys...I say get the ring. Moms are there to embarrass the kids...:D builds character (and trip reports??)

Don't I?? That's how I've gotten my past princess meals and my stay in a LM room at AoA - guilting the men using the excuse that I have no girly stuff in my life
Of 2 girls and 1 boy only my oldest is that into Disney princesses. My middle DD is much more into thrill rides, HP etc. She goes along but It is really not her thing.
We did 1900 PF way back in 2004-I thought it was great! We generally don't do many character meals-I do have 2 booked on upcoming trip but will likely cancel one (TH) and keep GG.

Of my 3-only my oldest is into meets and greets. The rest go along and indulge mama (including DH). I AM meeting Gaston this trip though LOL.

I'm going out of order and some of you saw this on FB, but last Sunday the 2nd we celebrated my mom's 70th birthday:

img_6366-jpg.251527

Happy birthday to mom! You both look fantastic!

HAHA great picture!

fried-green-tomato-sandwich_plaza-restaurant_16-19-700x465-jpg.251509

Fried Green Tomato sandwich, mmmmmmm:worship: However I don't know that we want to eat at 11 and I haven't been able to get a later time. There's always the walk-up option though. LTT is 12:15 and Steve would prefer that, but we also have a TS dinner at 5:30 and those might be too close together. I know two TS in a day is a lot for some but we aren't huge on QS and with the heat, we'll be happy to sit inside twice but I'm still torn: early fried green tomatoes, or later patriotic lunch with possibly still being full by dinner?

Oh wow, tough dilemma here...I suggest Plaza Inn. I've always wanted to try the fried green tomato sandwich too. I think it looks really good! Plus you have early dinner...just saying, you want to get your money's worth at dinner since it's a buffet :)

best-character-experiences-1900-park-fare-big-jpg.251523

I think I said this earlier in this PTR but I've made dinner reservations here quite a few times and then cancelled, but this time I'm sticking to it. I've never met the stepsisters and even though I tell myself I'm ok with it, I want to! I read mixed reviews of the food, basically for every good review of the dinner food I read 6 negative reviews so I'm not expecting anything great. Better to go in with low expectations and be surprised than to go in expecting to love it and be disappointed! However in all those negative food reviews the one thing that IS positive are the reviews of the character interactions, so I'm hoping at leasts one of the sisters dishes it out to Chris the way he dishes it out to everyone else.

I've been here twice and have had great meals and interactions both times. The food is solid, and I like the strawberry soup, which is essentially a smoothie. I hope you find it enjoyable!

img_6380-jpg.251815

I hadn't taken all the plastic off yet when I took the pictures but here are the tassels on the sides. Love the tassels!

img_6381-jpg.251816

It's BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE. :lovestruc

And finally here's the inside, LOVE the red!

img_6383-jpg.251817

That's my favorite part!! :lovestruc

Hi all! Relaxing on a Friday night watching some House Hunters. Steve is at work making pizza, Ricky went to Va. with my mom to meet my sister and bring my nephews back, Chris had a basketball game at 8 and is now relaxing upstairs. It's tough being 11! His team got killed tonight 30-10, but at the camp he went to this week his team made it to the championship this afternoon and won 41-25 so it's a good day after all.
Couple updates: our first set of MB's have arrived! We get 2 since we're doing the split between Pop and WL. Sometimes I decline them for Steve and I but since the boys haven't had MB's since Nov. they wanted them. Why get just for them when we can get a foursome? And it's a bit depressing hitting "Decline Magicbands" so I went ahead and ordered the set for our WL stay too; they should be here any day. I'm not posting a pic since we all know what they look like but I will say that another reason I keep getting them is because in addition to using them as garland for my Xmas tree, one day I swear I'm making this wreath:

magicband wreath.jpg

I posted this once before so you may have seen it. I believe I actually have enough to make it already so whenever I have free time..........
I also bought new ponchos, exciting I know! But in Aug. you kinda need them. Years ago when we started taking the boys I refused to wear one. They're not the most fashionable and I hate the way they feel when on. They're so HOT. So Steve would wear one, Ricky would, and we'd cover Chris's stroller with the plastic stroller cover while I walked around the parks with an umbrella. And got soaked. Finally I decided what the hell, everyone else is doing it, I might as well. As long as you don't get the super duper thin ones they do a good job of keeping you dry and even in the disgusting Aug. heat, if you get wet and then go into the a/c you freeze your derriere off.
Our first Aug. trip in 2014 we had no rain and I was shocked. Then in 2015 and last year we saw the REAL Aug. weather lol. Here's a blurry picture of Steve and Chris when we got stuck in a torrential downpour, lightning and all, right before boarding Splash Mtn in 2015:

IMG_1524 (1).JPG

We were one poncho short so Steve took one for the team :D but the CM's were nice enough to let us stand under an overhang near a "CM only" door since most of the other guests ran for better shelter when the rains really got heavy. We were stuck there for 50 minutes! We only had one day in the parks that trip ( it was mainly a Universal trip) and we were going to ride Splash no matter what, so we weren't leaving that line! My point here since I've gotten :offtopic: is that ponchos = important travel item.

AND NOW, DAY 2 PLANS!

After our first park day being MK and a RD day, today we're doing another RD but at AK. I'm excited for the boys to see Pandora as I'm hoping seeing something new will make them happy. AK also has morning EMH so just for ha-ha's I'm going to try getting there for the 8am opening :rotfl:
Because we're only doing half day there I do actually have it more mapped out than I did MK yesterday:
-EE at RD for Ricky and I with another ride right after for Ricky and Steve
-check time on safari and try riding that
-grab something quick at Kusifari if we didn't get something from the lounge before we left
-head to Pandora to use Na'Vi FP (9:15-10:15)

*this is where I wanted FOP but couldn't get ANY for this morning. I think the boys will be bored with NRJ but as I've said a few times, it's new so I want them to do it. I fully expect them to say "eh" and not care if they ever ride again lol*
-check out Pandora, get a margarita if they're selling already
-KRR FP (10:15-11:15)
*got this for Chris as he loves the ride, the rest of us could take or leave it*
-IF we managed to get to KRR around 10:10 or so and the FP line moved quick, try to see 11:00 FOTLK show
*This is Steve's favorite show in all of WDW (not to be confused with his favorite ride in all of WDW, 7DMT) and we missed it in Nov, March, and May so I'm making a point to see it this trip*
-Do whatever else we want until about 12:15 or so: I love going to see the tigers, possibly ride Dinosaur if Chris wants to. We need to leave by 12:15 or soon after because we have a 1:00 lunch ADR here:

Sanaa_Animal_Kingdom_Lodge_title.jpg

I'm going to do my best NOT to get the Butter Chicken, not because it's not good, but because I've gotten it every single time we've eaten there and I should really try something new this time! It's also a given that we'll get the bread service; in fact I think it's a law that you have to.

Afterwards we'll go back to the resort and chill; I assume we'll be back by 3? Plans are loose for the evening as I just have us going to Epcot and walking around WS. Dinner will most likely be QS there, but we could also get snacks there if we aren't that hungry and then eat at Geyser Point when we get back from Epcot. That's the way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I like it, knowing we're free. We can try for FP's there if the kids want to or just take in some entertainment; we all love Serveur Amusant in France and Steve and I enjoy getting a drink and listening to British Revolution in the U.K.:

the-british-revolution-gallery02.jpg

However the kids do not. The nice thing now is that they're old enough to walk away from us and we can find them later. Or not....................

Oh, and you can be sure that while in WS I'll be getting either my Grapefruit beer in Germany or one of these:

IMG_1830.JPG

Excuse the bad hair in that picture. I'll most likely be getting a number of these Grey Goose slushes this trip because slushes are the perfect drink on a hot day. Helps a lot that there's alcohol in them ;)

And that's day 2! Enjoy the weekend guys!

Yes it's a law that bread service must be had at Sanaa! My kids were too excited to eat much(well the oldest can always eat) as we sat by the window and had some large bird entertain us.
I prefer the orange (grand marnier?) slushes, I might have carried my resort mug into park to take one of those cooling drinks back to quiet pool at Beach Club :rolleyes1. What happens at Beach Club stays at Beach Club:D

And it's a bit depressing hitting "Decline Magicbands"

It is! Even though we don't need anymore.

I will say that another reason I keep getting them is because in addition to using them as garland for my Xmas tree, one day I swear I'm making this wreath:

magicband-wreath-jpg.252867

I probably have almost enough to make that too :rotfl: Or like one of those garland chains we used to make as kids out of paper...only mine would be out of MagicBands.

We should also think about making the magic band Christmas wreath.We're getting pretty close to wreath-level hoarding. We'll have more than enough once this trip is over with all our crazy resort hopping because we didn't decline magic bands for a single one of those reservations!! :o I thought about it, but since they're free...and since declining them doesn't make a difference to us because they end up sent to our resort front desk and we always have to check in there since we don't have a US cell # for them to send our room number to...anyway, yeah. We'll have A LOT of magic bands. I'm aiming for one in every colour! But that will happen soon, and then we'll have no reason not to decline them.

Plans for AK sound good. Hopefully you'll get to FOTLK. Such a good show!

However the kids do not. The nice thing now is that they're old enough to walk away from us and we can find them later. Or not....................

Bahaha this is the kind of parent I would be!

Hope you enjoyed your Friday evening of solitude. You should tell Chris and your Mom to swing by our house. I have lots of wine :-)

I know you said you got ponchos already, but we started using the disposable ones from Amazon a few trips ago. They are much smaller to carry around, then you just throw them away instead of trying to dry them out.

Sounds like you have some good day 2 plans, and most importantly lots of drinks :drinking1 At Sanaa you should try some of the veggie dishes. The chickpeas are my favorite, but they are all pretty good.

Do you know how far out Flight of Passage is booking out? Just trying to figure out when we should try to get it on our trip.

I love that wreath! Super cute. Maybe someday I can make one...but after our first trip with MB's I threw them away (what was wrong with me?!). So right now I've only got one set :(. But I've got time!

our first set of MB's have arrived!
YAY! I noticed that you're at the 3 week mark earlier... :hyper:

I also bought new ponchos, exciting I know! But in Aug. you kinda need them.
Yeah... I'm gearing up for this too and need to find a new poncho myself. I haven't been in August since 2009 so I'm a little out of practice :laughing:

*this is where I wanted FOP but couldn't get ANY for this morning.
I couldn't get any for my August trip either :sad2:

-KRR FP (10:15-11:15)
*got this for Chris as he loves the ride, the rest of us could take or leave it*
It's been ages since I've done this one... maybe depending on the heat I'll go for it this trip... or not... :laughing:

(not to be confused with his favorite ride in all of WDW, 7DMT)
Yep, how could we forget?! :rotfl:

It's also a given that we'll get the bread service; in fact I think it's a law that you have to.
I agree, I think it's a law. ::yes::

I posted this once before so you may have seen it. I believe I actually have enough to make it already so whenever I have free time..........
I have never seen that before! Cute.

YEAH for Sanaa!!! I can't wait for us to go for the first time.

I hope the boys like Pandora. Do they know about the trip?

Hi Ariane! First off, I LOVE the new DOONEY!!!!
Second, totally eat at The Plaza. The fried green tomato sandwich was to die for!!!!! I LOVED it!
Third, I finally had one of the slushies in France and LOVED it too. It was pink, cold, full of alcohol and delicious, but I can't remember the name of it...Help me out...:P

We didn't do much, took the kids to a movie which was hysterical but highly inappropriate for Chris but that's how we roll. We saw "The House" with Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler, see it if you have you chance!

I've been wanting to see that! I love Amy Poehler!

However in all those negative food reviews the one thing that IS positive are the reviews of the character interactions, so I'm hoping at leasts one of the sisters dishes it out to Chris the way he dishes it out to everyone else.

The character interactions makes up for the food in my opinion! I'm hoping you will video this!! :rotfl:

I also bought new ponchos, exciting I know! But in Aug. you kinda need them. Years ago when we started taking the boys I refused to wear one. They're not the most fashionable and I hate the way they feel when on.
This is the one thing I dread the most about going again in September! The past two trips have been rain free. I can handle the heat...even though I will fuss about it.. it is the humidity that comes after the rain that gets me. But speaking of ponchos I need to add it to my list!

-IF we managed to get to KRR around 10:10 or so and the FP line moved quick, try to see 11:00 FOTLK show
*This is Steve's favorite show in all of WDW (not to be confused with his favorite ride in all of WDW, 7DMT) and we missed it in Nov, March, and May so I'm making a point to see it this trip*
Oh Steve :rotfl2:
I do love the FOTLK. I am definitely going to have to make a point to see it on this trip because I missed the tumble monkeys last time because one of them took a tumble in rehearsal.

Yay for Magic Bands already!!! Not much longer! :cheer2:

My point here since I've gotten :offtopic: is that ponchos = important travel item.

With all the talk about how we will manage the heat I almost forgot that we also need to plan for the rain...I haven't been in summer before. But when it rains, hopefully it isn't for very long usually right? I do have some ponchos that I didn't use actually two years ago when we went...hoping I can find them!!

Steve and I enjoy getting a drink and listening to British Revolution in the U.K.:

I loved these guys last time we went. Hoping my DD will have the patience to listen a bit. It was perfect before because we were in a line to meet Winnie the Pooh and they were playing outside, made the line much more enjoyable!

:rotfl:I love it!! Maybe you could just pull it out and not say anything. I'm sure the sister would run with it and no trust is broken - you just innocently set a ring on the table. :rolleyes1
LOL I think that's what I'm going to do! My nephews are visiting now from Ga. The 6yo would love to come pick out a ring with me and he's actually pretty good about keeping secrets. It'd be a fun quick trip for him and I!

Boys...I say get the ring. Moms are there to embarrass the kids...:D builds character (and trip reports??)
I'm VERY good at embarrassing my boys, in fact if you asked them they'd probably say that's my best "mom" attribute :rolleyes: It would certainly make for a great TR update!

Of 2 girls and 1 boy only my oldest is that into Disney princesses. My middle DD is much more into thrill rides, HP etc. She goes along but It is really not her thing.
We did 1900 PF way back in 2004-I thought it was great! We generally don't do many character meals-I do have 2 booked on upcoming trip but will likely cancel one (TH) and keep GG.

Of my 3-only my oldest is into meets and greets. The rest go along and indulge mama (including DH). I AM meeting Gaston this trip though LOL.
I'm hoping to finally meet Gaston too. I want the boys to come up and meet him with me but so far, no go. They both loved M&G's when they were younger and honestly, if Ricky weren't around I believe Chris would still do quite a few, but he needs to feel "cool" in front of his older brother. Last Nov. when Chris and I went down a few days before Steve and Ricky, we did GG just the 2 of us and Chris was very happy meeting the characters :)

Happy birthday to mom! You both look fantastic!
Thank you :hug:

I've always wanted to try the fried green tomato sandwich too. I think it looks really good!
Doesn't it?? I had no idea it existed until @pepperandchips dining report!

I've been here twice and have had great meals and interactions both times. The food is solid, and I like the strawberry soup, which is essentially a smoothie. I hope you find it enjoyable!
I remember your latest review of it with strange looking Prince Charming. In fact in all reviews I've seen Prince Charming is always looking a bit.....off lol. So I'm anxious to see how our friend of PC looks :D

Yes it's a law that bread service must be had at Sanaa! My kids were too excited to eat much(well the oldest can always eat) as we sat by the window and had some large bird entertain us.
Both our lunches we've had great luck with animals out the windows and both times there's been a big bird right by the window :laughing:

I prefer the orange (grand marnier?) slushes, I might have carried my resort mug into park to take one of those cooling drinks back to quiet pool at Beach Club :rolleyes1. What happens at Beach Club stays at Beach Club:D
WHY haven't I thought of that before?? In all our stays at the Epcot resorts too :sad2: Don't worry, I won't tell anyone where I got the idea ;)

We should also think about making the magic band Christmas wreath.We're getting pretty close to wreath-level hoarding. We'll have more than enough once this trip is over with all our crazy resort hopping because we didn't decline magic bands for a single one of those reservations!!
OMG yes, after all your resort stays next month you can totally make that MB wreath :rotfl2: And if you have any doubts, you can ask your wedding guests to donate there MB's after the trip!

I know you said you got ponchos already, but we started using the disposable ones from Amazon a few trips ago. They are much smaller to carry around, then you just throw them away instead of trying to dry them out.
Hmm, might check those out! I hate drying the ponchos out and rather just bring like, 3 of the ones I buy for each of us but Steve insists on drying them. Very annoying to hang on a balcony, especially if it continues to rain HARD, and like, sideways.

Do you know how far out Flight of Passage is booking out? Just trying to figure out when we should try to get it on our trip.
I know I already told you this but for anyone else, try booking towards the END of your trip first, and try planning on FoP for later in the day. It's hard to get for the morning. Hopefully this will change soon but right now, it is what it is. Like trying to get BOG at the beginning of your trip lol

I love that wreath! Super cute. Maybe someday I can make one...but after our first trip with MB's I threw them away (what was wrong with me?!). So right now I've only got one set :(. But I've got time!
I can't even find a few of ours but still have like.................idk 40??? You'll get there ;)

YAY! I noticed that you're at the 3 week mark earlier... :hyper:
Now it's less than 20 days :cheer2:

Yeah... I'm gearing up for this too and need to find a new poncho myself. I haven't been in August since 2009 so I'm a little out of practice :laughing:
Oh you have to bring a poncho. Another rule besides getting the bread service at Sanaa is that if you don't bring a poncho it'll rain every single day. If you bring a poncho - well, you get my drift lol.

I couldn't get any for my August trip either :sad2:
Ugh, that sucks! I have to make fp's for some more Sept. clients soon and I'm dreading trying to get them FoP. Are you going to try going on it at RD?

It's been ages since I've done this one... maybe depending on the heat I'll go for it this trip... or not... :laughing:
It's not my favorite because I find it boring but when I'm disgustingly hot and sweaty it sounds like a good idea. And then I'm in one of the seats that stays dry!

I hope the boys like Pandora. Do they know about the trip?
They do! It's too hard for me to keep the trips a secret now at their ages. They DON'T know about Pirates and Pals though :laughing: Or 1900 Park Fare dinner :rotfl2:

Hi Ariane! First off, I LOVE the new DOONEY!!!!
:thanks: I'm happily carrying around with me!

Second, totally eat at The Plaza. The fried green tomato sandwich was to die for!!!!! I LOVED it!
You pretty much have me convinced! Plus I watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" again over the weekend so..............lol

Third, I finally had one of the slushies in France and LOVED it too. It was pink, cold, full of alcohol and delicious, but I can't remember the name of it...Help me out...:P
Was it still during F&G? Because then it would have been the La Vie En Rose from the France booth, that one is pink and divine!

I've been wanting to see that! I love Amy Poehler!
You'll love it then! She's hysterical as always.

The character interactions makes up for the food in my opinion! I'm hoping you will video this!! :rotfl:
Oooh, good idea! Let me pile on the embarrassment :stir:

I haven't been in summer before. But when it rains, hopefully it isn't for very long usually right? I
USUALLY not; usually they're shorter storms but they can be short torrential downpours. Once or twice they've lasted for an hour or more and those have been later at night, like 8pm or later. That doesn't mean the long ones can't happen earlier but yes, in my experience the last 3 Augusts the afternoon storms don't last too long :) Bring those ponchos though!

I loved these guys last time we went. Hoping my DD will have the patience to listen a bit. It was perfect before because we were in a line to meet Winnie the Pooh and they were playing outside, made the line much more enjoyable!
I hope you can get her to at least sit through maybe 3 or so songs! Unfortunately no more Pooh meets but if you can get a seat in the shade, maybe she won't mind :)

Your update reminds me that I need to buy ponchos...
lol glad I reminded you! Like I said above, if you forget the ponchos the rain WILL come!

It was such a great interaction! The CM stared him down and asked where he was from. He said "Wappingers Falls, NY". She was from something Falls NY so she said, "I DIED in -------- Falls, NY!"

Wait a second- are you from Wappingers Falls? My sweetest one (SW who was sick for my birthday trip) is from there. I just visited a couple of weeks ago. It's lovely there!

Ugh, that sucks! I have to make fp's for some more Sept. clients soon and I'm dreading trying to get them FoP. Are you going to try going on it at RD?
Good luck with that! Yep, gonna hit FOP at RD on an early entry day. My first FP is at 9:25 so I figure I have just over 2 hours upon entry before I need to get to Dinosaur. I can't imagine that won't be enough time, but...? :confused3

With all the talk about how we will manage the heat I almost forgot that we also need to plan for the rain...I haven't been in summer before. But when it rains, hopefully it isn't for very long usually right? I do have some ponchos that I didn't use actually two years ago when we went...hoping I can find them!!
It's central FL in summer. You can just about predict there will be rain around 4pm EVERY day. As to how long it lasts, that can vary. Most of the time, it's a 5 minute deluge and then steam everywhere as the sun comes back out. Sometimes, it's 45 minutes. You can predict there will be rain, but you can't predict how long. Sorry. :sad2:

Last edited:
Wait a second- are you from Wappingers Falls? My sweetest one (SW who was sick for my birthday trip) is from there. I just visited a couple of weeks ago. It's lovely there!
Yes! Born and raised and only left for college lol. Next time you're here you'll have to message me!

Good luck with that! Yep, gonna hit FOP at RD on an early entry day. My first FP is at 9:25 so I figure I have just over 2 hours upon entry before I need to get to Dinosaur. I can't imagine that won't be enough time, but...? :confused3
I'm sure that'll be enough time if you get to AK early. I'm reading reports of people getting there by like, 7:45-8 for a 9am opening. They're letting them in to the park around 8:30ish and those people are off FoP by 9:30. So even if you don't get to AK until closer to 8:15ish, I would assume you'd be done with FoP by 10? Or if you don't get there until 8:30, just RUN LIKE YOU'VE NEVER RUN BEFORE AND KNOCK PEOPLE DOWN. NO MERCY!! Just kidding of course lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter