They told us someone stole the shuffle board discs from Turtle Pond!!!!

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Why would someone want the shuffle board discs? :confused3

They were missing for 2 days. I finally called entertainment & was told that someone stole them!! I asked if they kept an extra set they could put out & they said "that was the extra set". I then asked if they were going to get a new one & was told "everything has to go through purchasing & a request has been put in".

I was actually kind of annoyed about it, because I feel that this was just someone not caring about the guests & "too bad if someone wanted to play shuffle board". I told the CM, "maybe you should order more than one extra set so when one gets lost or 'stolen' you'll have more to replace them instead of letting owners & guests not be able to enjoy it".

Honestly, I could care less about shuffle board, but you can't believe the # of people at the Turtle Pond pool that asked over the course of 2 days & were told they didn't have any!!!

I realize this is really small & pretty insignificant, but it's the small things that make a place like Disney a #1 resort.

I think they should have to leave a deposit to use the shuffleboard court. Those replacements come out of members dues.

for sale, shuffle board discs pm for great low price,since thier hot i need to get rid of them quick.
ok,just a joke!actually for some reason this does not surprise me at all,sad but true.

Chuck S said:
I think they should have to leave a deposit to use the shuffleboard court. Those replacements come out of members dues.

Or at least your driver's license or major credit card, anything you would have to return the borrowed item to get back. How hard is that to do. :confused3

Chuck S said:

::yes::
Or at least just check them out with a room key--cost to be charged back if missing-

Did you check to see if Big Murgie's Den has all the billiard equipment still in place?

Because whoever took those shuffleboard pucks/disks could have a lot of pool balls

Jean

This is so sad!

One of the reasons I switched our ressie next month from BWV to SSR, is because we have shuffleboard tournament of champions every trip :thumbsup2 So we don't think it's insignificant at all!

I know for sure, at SSR, Recreation makes you leave your room key to check out anything. When you return it you get your key back.

Hopefully they turn up!

This is predictable and not necessarily unexpected unless they police it in ways such as being suggested in this thread. DVC needs to follow up on who has what, then charge them if things are not returned. If they don't, there is a savings from a personnel standpoint and DVC needs to know they'll have to buy replacements periodically. To have to put this item through a capital expenditure request is ludicrous. This type of equipment should be an ongoing budget item.

I agree that a credit card, room key or some sort of deposit should be required before taking out any equipment.

& I definitely agree with this statement:
To have to put this item through a capital expenditure request is ludicrous. This type of equipment should be an ongoing budget item.

Dean said:
This is predictable and not necessarily unexpected unless they police it in ways such as being suggested in this thread. DVC needs to follow up on who has what, then charge them if things are not returned. If they don't, there is a savings from a personnel standpoint and DVC needs to know they'll have to buy replacements periodically. To have to put this item through a capital expenditure request is ludicrous. This type of equipment should be an ongoing budget item.

Purchasing does NOT automatically mean "capital expenditure"....

I do not think that these are in any way "capital equipment" However, Disney is a major corporation and probably has VERY strict purchasing rules. The expense has to be justified and budgeted for.... So the front desk staff cannot just call up and order stuff... (which makes sense otherwise you would be paying for toys for thier house)

CarolA said:
Purchasing does NOT automatically mean "capital expenditure"....

I do not think that these are in any way "capital equipment" However, Disney is a major corporation and probably has VERY strict purchasing rules. The expense has to be justified and budgeted for.... So the front desk staff cannot just call up and order stuff... (which makes sense otherwise you would be paying for toys for thier house)
I agree, however, this should be budgeted for replacement periodically and there should be flexibility for management at the resort. It should be as simple as filling out a form and having the item arrive in 7-10 days. And in a pinch, management should have a method of simply going down to the nearest sports supply and picking up the items needed if available. In this case, once the backup set was in use, this should have automatically triggered an order.

Dean said:
I agree, however, this should be budgeted for replacement periodically and there should be flexibility for management at the resort. It should be as simple as filling out a form and having the item arrive in 7-10 days. And in a pinch, management should have a method of simply going down to the nearest sports supply and picking up the items needed if available. In this case, once the backup set was in use, this should have automatically triggered an order.

I totally agree, & in fact said to the CM on the phone, "when the extra set was put out you should have immediately ordered another set".

If both sets are damaged or missing then it should be possible to go to the local sports store, purchase a set & submit the receipt as an expense. A large organization such as Disney should have some kind of policy or steps to follow in a case like this.

I just think it's inexcusable (unexcusable?) that an amenity should be unable to be used because of someone's lack of forsight with such a simple matter.

Another thing that got me going with this whole thing was the fact that during peak season (Easter) the Turtal Shack was not open for 2 days at the beginning of our stay. When we called we were told the pool had to be at 60% capacity & the temp. had to be at least 60 degrees. Funny...........we were at peak season & hit record highs during our stay. But I won't start on our aggravation with that - that's an entirely different topic & thread!!!

How sad. We always stay at Turtle Pond. This is the first time we've heard of any larceny in the immeidate area. This penalizes the honest folks that just want a little mental hygiene. :mad:

On our Easter Trip to OKW, we had to leave a KTTW room key at the community center to get the shuffle pucks.

However, they only had 2 poles, so we needed to switch poles, and all you serious tourny suffleboard players know how that can throw off your game!

I wonder why TP doesn't follow the same room key guidelines?

-Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!