~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I love the part when we get to start packing!!! Truth be told, I have a bag in my closet where I've been stashing things as I think of them for our trip, too :)

V's art....just WOW! She is so amazingly talented. And you're right on Allison's pants. I love the pattern!! Are they Old Navy pixie cut? They sure look similar!

So exciting that your trip is so close now!! I agree with you on the table service dilemma, 2 in one day will be tough. Maybe you can bump LTT back a little? When does it officially become "dinner" instead of lunch? :) Hopefully you'll get it figured out. I've been stalking the dining page, too, for an earlier dinner time on NYE. I was thrilled to get Be Our Guest at all, but 9:30 is too late for Jimmy!!

ADR hoarders are one of my pet peeves. I don't even understand how people can justify hoarding them. Just pick a restaurant and build your day around it for Pete's sake. Its not going to make one iota of difference which park you are in on which day. Makes my blood boil....

Hope all went well with Allison's wedding....

ADR hoarders are the worst. We had to rearrange our Wednesday and Thursday while down at Disney. My son in law caught a nasty cold on the day we were supposed to go to Universal. We had an ADR for Cape May breakfast. My daughter and I went and he stayed behind. We went to Universal the next day but we had to be back for our ADR at Chef Mickey's. It all worked out. Because I didn't go to another meal. We ended up with enough credits for another ADR at Hollywood and Vine. It was the Halloween themed one. It all worked out in the end.
I'm glad Allison has recovered from the flight illness. It sounds like a horrible experience. Hopefully she gets back into the swing of things and unpacks.
V."s latest art project is amazing.
Congrats on being able to get into your white capris.
Have a great day
Liz

How great that you are starting one week ahead of yourself in the sewing room.

Your kitchen looks great.

Ulf and I didn't go geocaching today. The plan is to do the low tide cache tomorrow.

Thanks - it's kind of nice, if only to be able to do something nice for someone else. :)

Thanks - I still really love it!

Bummer - OK - I hope you found it today then. LOL

Your kitchen is lovely and you should love it. ::yes:: I even like the china cabinet as it is. :)

Thanks! I still really love it a lot! I don't think the China cabinet is that bad - honestly... It's not exactly what I want in that space, but it's OK for now.

Hi D!

I think you should consider replacing the hardware on the china cabinet to match the rest of your kitchen. So many kitchens today mix woods and wood/paint, and otherwise the style is not too far off from what you've done to the rest of the room.

I think so too - I just have no idea what kind of hardware to put on there... I don't mind matching the rest of the hardware in my kitchen - I even have a few knobs and pulls left over (not sure if I have enough though?)... It's a great idea and something I am considering. Thanks for the idea! :lovestruc

I love the part when we get to start packing!!! Truth be told, I have a bag in my closet where I've been stashing things as I think of them for our trip, too :)

V's art....just WOW! She is so amazingly talented. And you're right on Allison's pants. I love the pattern!! Are they Old Navy pixie cut? They sure look similar!

So exciting that your trip is so close now!! I agree with you on the table service dilemma, 2 in one day will be tough. Maybe you can bump LTT back a little? When does it officially become "dinner" instead of lunch? :) Hopefully you'll get it figured out. I've been stalking the dining page, too, for an earlier dinner time on NYE. I was thrilled to get Be Our Guest at all, but 9:30 is too late for Jimmy!!

I know - me too!!! Hehehe... Typically, I never really unpack. LOL Usually - I come home from a trip, wash all of my clothes... Most of them (because I don't wear them in real life) get put right back in my suitcase until the next trip... However, this time I had to unpack for Allison. Most of it is still in a pile though, ready to be packed. ::yes::

Thank you - I love what V is able to do - this is her first time using paint - so that's pretty cool too.

Yes - Allison's pants are from Old Navy.... I just love them - although, when she got home from the wedding - they were super stretched out, so maybe size down?

I still need to talk to V - but I am seriously considering ditching LTT all together... We have 10 ADRs for this trip, which is a lot - and this is our last park day - I am sure we will be so sick of Disney food by this time? :scratchin I'll give it a bit more thought. The last lunch is at 2:55 - I am really hoping to be leaving MK by 3pm this day, so we can go back to the resort for a nap... We'll see...

I totally agree - sometimes their dinner times - uh 9:30 is just too late, I don't know why they offer it so late anyways? I hope you are able to find one that's earlier.

ADR hoarders are one of my pet peeves. I don't even understand how people can justify hoarding them. Just pick a restaurant and build your day around it for Pete's sake. Its not going to make one iota of difference which park you are in on which day. Makes my blood boil....

Hope all went well with Allison's wedding....

I know - I didn't realize how much it grated on my nerves... I am not sure either - but it just drives me crazy... It's so unfair. There isn't enough to go around anyways - and EVERYONE's trip is special - pick a restaurant and a time/day, then move on. Holding several reservations - which I guess I could understand for a day or two while you figure things out, maaaaaybe even a week... But we are talking MONTHS here... Way out of line, IMO and well - karma... I hope they have a nice trip. :lovestruc

The wedding went very well - it was a LONG day for her though.

ADR hoarders are the worst. We had to rearrange our Wednesday and Thursday while down at Disney. My son in law caught a nasty cold on the day we were supposed to go to Universal. We had an ADR for Cape May breakfast. My daughter and I went and he stayed behind. We went to Universal the next day but we had to be back for our ADR at Chef Mickey's. It all worked out. Because I didn't go to another meal. We ended up with enough credits for another ADR at Hollywood and Vine. It was the Halloween themed one. It all worked out in the end.
I'm glad Allison has recovered from the flight illness. It sounds like a horrible experience. Hopefully she gets back into the swing of things and unpacks.
V."s latest art project is amazing.
Congrats on being able to get into your white capris.
Have a great day
Liz

It is just so frustrating and I don't even want to hear someone's justifications of it - as I said above, there isn't enough to go around as it is - I wish Disney could put an end to it somehow.

I am glad that you were able to work it out in the end anyways - but it sounds like it was a bit frustrating for a while there.

Yes - she is much better now - it's hard to believe that she has been home for over a week now! Yes - unpacking would be nice. LOL

Thanks - I am super proud of her!

Thanks - now if I can get them to look a little better on me, that would make life easier. ::yes::

Thanks Liz - same to you! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

Yesterday was such a nice day here...

I went for a really beautiful walk in the morning...

20160918_093537.jpg

Then I came home and worked for a couple of hours... I was able to get a good start on NEXT week's order. :woohoo: I am soooo excited to be this far ahead at this stage of the game... I may even have enough time to make another bag for myself! I have no idea what I'd do though - so probably not.

Then I took a nice nap on the couch...

Josh came home from the lake - he was there all weekend, helping his dad clean out some of the old out buildings at his property in North Dakota... He brought me some treasures that I am SUPER excited about!!! I am not sure what I am doing with the stool yet - it needs to be cleaned and maybe painted? I'd like to put it next to my China hutch, and maybe put something nice on it - not necessarily to use it as a stool. :scratchin The bucket - I am not sure what to do with either? That was from the last time we were at the lake, and I've just had it sitting empty... I am sure I will put flowers in it next year. What do people use as a filler for items like this? I cannot imagine putting dirt in the entire thing? And then the cream separator - I'll likely use for flowers next spring too... I am super excited about both new items!

20160918_182534.jpg

Today - I'll be working out this morning... Level 1 30ds... Yesterday was not a fabulous W30 day for me... It was quite terrible by w30 standards, but not bad by normal standards. Like I've said in the past - I have a really hard time with my perfectionist mentality during and after doing a w30... So, I struggle with things sometimes that aren't really worth struggling over. Does that make sense? Today - I will try again to be compliant... It's a daily effort and struggle.

I will be working upstairs most of the day...

Allison has decided to get some movement in her life... So I've offered to start walking/running the trails in town with her. So, we will go to town early today and go for a walk/run before we pick up V. ::yes:: I am excited about this, because this motivates me, as well. ::yes::

Not a clue what's for dinner tonight? :scratchin

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

I totally agree - sometimes their dinner times - uh 9:30 is just too late, I don't know why they offer it so late anyways? I hope you are able to find one that's earlier.
If you consider that Disney has travelers from the west coast then 9:30 pm isn't really too late. It would be like 6:30pm to them. ::yes::

It is just so frustrating and I don't even want to hear someone's justifications of it - as I said above, there isn't enough to go around as it is - I wish Disney could put an end to it somehow.
Disney could charge a hold fee that was refundable when you went to the restaurant but that would have its own problems.

I hope you can get the earlier time. It might open up soon, especially since Disney changed MK operating hours for October. :)

I can't wait to see what you do with the treasures Josh took home from his dad.

How great that Allison want to start walking/running. I bet it's more fun walking/running with someone than alone.

Ulf and I went to find the cache down by the sea today. We did find the cache without getting wet.

I still need to talk to V - but I am seriously considering ditching LTT all together... We have 10 ADRs for this trip, which is a lot - and this is our last park day - I am sure we will be so sick of Disney food by this time? :scratchin I'll give it a bit more thought. The last lunch is at 2:55 - I am really hoping to be leaving MK by 3pm this day, so we can go back to the resort for a nap... We'll see...
Do you have to decide this now. I would hold on to it till a couple of days before hand. See how the trip is going. You might decide that you would rather do a sit down lunch instead of a buffet breakfast that morning. As long as you cancel early enough, you won't have to worry about the cancellation fee.

I usually wind up changing some of our ADRs while on the trip, or at least we used to before the cancellation fee was added in. I guess they added that to stop the ADR hoarding by people. But people who are selfish always find a way around the rules.

Allison has decided to get some movement in her life... So I've offered to start walking/running the trails in town with her. So, we will go to town early today and go for a walk/run before we pick up V. ::yes:: I am excited about this, because this motivates me, as well.
Fun.
My Dh is starting to enjoy our run/walking. I'm glad we did the couch to 5k.
Not a clue what's for dinner tonight? :scratchin
We are having a baked rigatoni tonight. That doesn't help you since it is not whole30.

So today is our first W30 day....not by my choice -- our daughter decided today was the day and took it upon herself to make sure we had compliant lunches packed and ready to go and something picked out for dinner tonight that is compliant. So last night she and I made up a breakfast recipe (no eggs -- I just can't stand them most of the time) and got that divided out and ready. I had a physical therapy appointment at 6:15 this morning and I'd REALLY like a soda right about now, but I'm staying strong with my water. I did break the rules first thing off the bat -- it's going to take me a few days to adjust -- I always eat a banana in the mornings while I'm getting ready for work. I need something in my stomach to take my meds but my body doesn't do well with anything heavy first thing in the morning. So I eat a banana, and then when I get to work about an hour and a half later I have my breakfast. So I still had my banana this morning, then some sugar-free applesauce after physical therapy because I was absolutely starving and didn't have any protein with me (other than my prepacked breakfast and lunch and I didn't want to break into those). If I can hold strong on the snacking and no sodas today today it will be good...

Yay for treasures!! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with them :) You're so darn crafty!

I don't beat myself up ENOUGH for eating crappy--you can send some of your perfectionist mindset my way! :thumbsup2

I LOVE that you and Allison are going to start buddying up on walks/runs. Someone else to hold you accountable and motivate each other sounds like a great deal!

Happy Monday! :flower1:

Love all of your new treasures! I'm sure you'll make them look great.

Yay on A wanting to get some activity in, it always helps to have someone to walk/workout with, doesn't it?!

I know you said you're tough on yourself with the W30 compliance but just remember, you're taking steps in the right direction and feeling better overall so that's something! Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. You're doing great! :love:

My guess is you had Chipotle tonight. :rolleyes1 I made spaghetti, just plain old spaghetti and Ragu, sometimes I just have a taste for jarred sauce, usually I make a quick red sauce using Ina's recipe from food network but not tonight! It was quite delicious.

It was homecoming this past weekend and it was so bittersweet. My senior's last HC and my freshman's first HC. So many milestones celebrated differently now. :blush:

Hope your day was lovely!

Glad A is feeling better and adjusting back to being home. V's picture is absolutely adorable. She is so talented.
Just love when Karma comes around. Not a fan of people doing things like that.
YAY, on the white capris fitting. Love when that happens. Glad you have a motivator on the walking with A. I just could not get into my walking / running this year.
I am so excited that this trip is coming up, but sad for this PTR to end.
I did go visit my daughter at college. Oh how I missed her! I couldn't contain my tears. I rounded the corner and she was standing there. She ran into my arms and said, "I missed you mom". We had a wonderful visit, lots of laughs and I cannot wait to go back and see her again.
Have a wonderful day!

If you consider that Disney has travelers from the west coast then 9:30 pm isn't really too late. It would be like 6:30pm to them.

Disney could charge a hold fee that was refundable when you went to the restaurant but that would have its own problems.

I hope you can get the earlier time. It might open up soon, especially since Disney changed MK operating hours for October. :)

Very true. ;) That makes total sense.

You are right - it would have it's own problems, I just wish there was a way around it, it's so frustrating.

I hope so, but we are totally OK if it doesn't - we'll still try to check in earlier and go on with our day. ::yes::

I can't wait to see what you do with the treasures Josh took home from his dad.

How great that Allison want to start walking/running. I bet it's more fun walking/running with someone than alone.

Ulf and I went to find the cache down by the sea today. We did find the cache without getting wet.

It will be a while, since planting season is over... Next spring, I will use them for planters I think.

It is more fun - hopefully we can keep eachother motivated. ::yes::

Yay!!! So glad you found it without getting wet. Today is the big day for your car - how did it go?

Do you have to decide this now. I would hold on to it till a couple of days before hand. See how the trip is going. You might decide that you would rather do a sit down lunch instead of a buffet breakfast that morning. As long as you cancel early enough, you won't have to worry about the cancellation fee.

I usually wind up changing some of our ADRs while on the trip, or at least we used to before the cancellation fee was added in. I guess they added that to stop the ADR hoarding by people. But people who are selfish always find a way around the rules.

Fun.
My Dh is starting to enjoy our run/walking. I'm glad we did the couch to 5k.

We are having a baked rigatoni tonight. That doesn't help you since it is not whole30.

No, I don't really have to decide it at the moment - it's not as if LTT is a highly sought after ADR that I feel badly hanging on to... :scratchin However, I would like to let it go asap, if I am not going to keep it. I dont' think we will get rid of CP - since it's a must do... So, the only variable is LTT...

I don't think I've ever changed an adr while we were on a trip... I know I've added them - LOL - but I don't think I've ever changed any. :scratchin

True... Sad...

Good - I am glad to hear that your DH is enjoying it too. ::yes::

No, not W30... but it sounds good. LOL

So today is our first W30 day....not by my choice -- our daughter decided today was the day and took it upon herself to make sure we had compliant lunches packed and ready to go and something picked out for dinner tonight that is compliant. So last night she and I made up a breakfast recipe (no eggs -- I just can't stand them most of the time) and got that divided out and ready. I had a physical therapy appointment at 6:15 this morning and I'd REALLY like a soda right about now, but I'm staying strong with my water. I did break the rules first thing off the bat -- it's going to take me a few days to adjust -- I always eat a banana in the mornings while I'm getting ready for work. I need something in my stomach to take my meds but my body doesn't do well with anything heavy first thing in the morning. So I eat a banana, and then when I get to work about an hour and a half later I have my breakfast. So I still had my banana this morning, then some sugar-free applesauce after physical therapy because I was absolutely starving and didn't have any protein with me (other than my prepacked breakfast and lunch and I didn't want to break into those). If I can hold strong on the snacking and no sodas today today it will be good...

I think it's a little humorous that your dd initiated your W30... but good for her! That is awesome!!! Good luck to all of you - you'll do great - especially if you are all doing it together and cheering eachother on!

Soda is such a hard thing to give up - Whole30 or not... I forget that people still drink it, as it's been so long since I've had any... I would have suggested that you cut back considerably a few weeks prior, just so this week isn't so hard... Soda addiction/sugar and sweetener addiction is a real thing - and it's sometimes painful for days when you give it up. I urge you to push through it, you will be amazed at the difference in your body without it. :hug: Don't forget sparkling water (check ingredients - I know LaCroix is approved) is a compliant choice - it's helped me greatly, as I very much enjoy the carbonation and the easy to carry cans... I have a different local brand that I use - which comes in 20oz bottles, which I prefer... but the cans are OK too - I just like to be able to reseal, as I rarely drink an entire one at once. ::yes:: And I would keep on with your banana.... I know - some W30 sticklers would frown upon it... but medical necessity always trumps W30 rules. ::yes:: Listen to your body and take it easy these first few days - it's a difficult adjustment... I hope your first day went well. Big hugs and lots of strength sent your way - you guys can do this!!!

Yay for treasures!! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with them :) You're so darn crafty!

I don't beat myself up ENOUGH for eating crappy--you can send some of your perfectionist mindset my way! :thumbsup2

I LOVE that you and Allison are going to start buddying up on walks/runs. Someone else to hold you accountable and motivate each other sounds like a great deal!

Happy Monday! :flower1:

Thanks - it will be spring time before I get anything done with them... I may decide to paint the stool this fall - but I doubt it - I still have a lot I want to finish before our trip... :scratchin

Ha! I wish I could! It's so hard to eat in a mindful way... There is something to be said for the addicting chemicals which are put into our food supply. :(

I sure hope we are able to keep eachother motivated... it will be good for both of us... We'll see - she is young and often doesn't have the willpower to stick with things for very long. ::yes::

Thanks! Same to you!

Love all of your new treasures! I'm sure you'll make them look great.

Yay on A wanting to get some activity in, it always helps to have someone to walk/workout with, doesn't it?!

I know you said you're tough on yourself with the W30 compliance but just remember, you're taking steps in the right direction and feeling better overall so that's something! Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. You're doing great!

My guess is you had Chipotle tonight. I made spaghetti, just plain old spaghetti and Ragu, sometimes I just have a taste for jarred sauce, usually I make a quick red sauce using Ina's recipe from food network but not tonight! It was quite delicious.

It was homecoming this past weekend and it was so bittersweet. My senior's last HC and my freshman's first HC. So many milestones celebrated differently now.

Hope your day was lovely!

Thanks - I hope so - looking forward to spring to I can make fun stuff!

It is very helpful - hopefully we can keep eachother motivated. ::yes::

True... Thank you for saying that. :hug: Yesterday wasn't a very good eating day for me... Again, not W30 compliant totally - but definitely Primal compliant... It's so hard for me to see that as being OK right now - but it is, and I need to remember that. :)

Hahaha.... I wish I would have had Chipotle last night... But I had a sweet potato hash with bacon and eggs - it was very yummy.... Not Chipotle, but still good. ::yes:: I'll probably have Chipotle today though... :scratchin

I totally understand about jarred sauce - sometimes it's just so nice... Often times, though, I add stuff to it to stretch it further - it's pretty rare I ever just dump a jar in and put it on the table. ::yes::

Awwwh.... So hard - I hate change sometimes... but I bet it was fun just the same. You know as well as I do, to enjoy all of these moments. :hug:

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

Glad A is feeling better and adjusting back to being home. V's picture is absolutely adorable. She is so talented.
Just love when Karma comes around. Not a fan of people doing things like that.
YAY, on the white capris fitting. Love when that happens. Glad you have a motivator on the walking with A. I just could not get into my walking / running this year.
I am so excited that this trip is coming up, but sad for this PTR to end.
I did go visit my daughter at college. Oh how I missed her! I couldn't contain my tears. I rounded the corner and she was standing there. She ran into my arms and said, "I missed you mom". We had a wonderful visit, lots of laughs and I cannot wait to go back and see her again.
Have a wonderful day!

Yes - it's very nice to have her home. It's a little strange to have her here all day with me though, instead of in school... She is working on that though - which is good.

Thank you - I am so proud of her.

Yes - Karma is nice isn't it. ::yes::

Thanks - I still have a while to go before I can wear them in public... But it's nice to be able to say that I was able to get them on... Now if I can continue to make progress in the right direction... :scratchin Sadly - I wasn't able to get into my running either... But I am trying not to get down on myself for that... I tend to juggle a lot, and with all the stress this summer, I am trying to just be kind to myself with what I did accomplish. :)

Me too... I am a little nervous for this PTR... I am not sure how long it can be before they lock it? :scratchin I've gotta be getting close. Trying to hold on for a little longer here. At this point - I have no plans for another trip, so this may be my last pTR for a while. :(

Awwwh.... I am so glad you got to see her! I bet it was wonderful - hard - but wonderful. :hug: It's so hard letting them go - it truly is. And it looks like she missed you just as much! Hopefully you'll get to see her again soon... :lovestruc

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

Well, I worked out yesterday morning... Level 1 of 30 day shred.... I find that level 1 is the hardest of the 3, and I really dread doing it. I think it's all of the jumping jacks and squats? :scratchin

Then I worked upstairs all morning... I have 3 orders going simultaneously right now... LOL I worked on all of them yesterday with the supplies I had on hand and did as much as I could. Thankfully the rest of my supplies came in yesterday's mail - so I can continue today. ::yes::

We had lunch and then Allison and I hit the trails in town... We walked for about 30 minutes... It was nice, the weather was great (after a rainy morning), and it was good to get out. Afterwards, we ran some errands before we had to pick up V. ::yes::

We came home and I made dinner - the family had pigs in a blanket with fries... and I had a sweet potato skillet with bacon and eggs - it was good. I was not W30 compliant yesterday... I have a HUGE weakness for peanut butter... It's not allowed on any of my paleo-type programs, which is a bummer as I love it so much - but it's also a food without brakes for me, once I start - I can't stop. I was hungry after our walk - so I made the mistake of having a banana with peanut butter... UGH... There's worse things I guess.

After dinner - V drug me out on an excursion... She is in a photography class this year, and wanted to get some sunset pictures... Which required a hike in the woods - and of course - me eaten alive by mosquitoes...

Snapchat-2304264315802689946.jpg

Snapchat-4407112088831806553.jpg

Snapchat-3435900601729861317.jpg

Snapchat-300244752907366286.jpg

Snapchat-954316866812575428.jpg

I survived though and hopefully she was able to get a few good pictures... :scratchin

I sat around the remainder of the night watching HGTV. ::yes::

Today - it's a heavy lifting day for me...

I will work upstairs all day...

I will pick V up from school, and we will do a bit of shopping before my Tuesday meeting... We'll probably have dinner somewhere - either Chipotle or at home...

That's about all!

I wish I could share my Disney countdown here - it's getting smaller and smaller and we are getting more and more excited... :woohoo:

I hope you have a great Tuesday all!

D~

Well your hike looked beautiful even if you were eaten alive!! :)

I'm excited your countdown is getting smaller!! We're finally in the double digits which feels amazing when we started at 500! We were in triple digits FOOOOREEEVVEEERRRR! :hmghost:

We came home and I made dinner - the family had pigs in a blanket with fries... and I had a sweet potato skillet with bacon and eggs - it was good. I was not W30 compliant yesterday... I have a HUGE weakness for peanut butter... It's not allowed on any of my paleo-type programs, which is a bummer as I love it so much - but it's also a food without brakes for me, once I start - I can't stop. I was hungry after our walk - so I made the mistake of having a banana with peanut butter... UGH... There's worse things I guess

Have you tried a different nut butter? I know when I did whole30, i made almond butter and sunflower butter. Of course if it is a red light food, it might be better to not open.
Right now my downfall is the chocolate cake my girls made this weekend. We made a marshmellow fondant to cover the cake with. It takes so yummy. Dh was supposed to bring the half a cake to work but i think he forgot.

Your hike looked beautiful. I remember when my daughter took photography and we drove all over the place so she could take pictures. Actually she still does that. We drove all along the lakefront so she could get pictures of the tall ships not too long ago and there's all the trips to the beaches to take pictures of the sunsets.t
LTT was always one of my favorites until I developed food allergies. The food just isn't the same when it's plain with almost no seasonings. The dessert was good, though. My daughter and her husband had the regular food and loved it. Kona was my favorite meal.
Like you, I don't know when I'm going back. I'd go every year if I could.
I'm glad you're enjoying Allison being home.
Have a good day.
Liz

How great that your supplies for your UPS bags arrived yesterday so you can continue working on the bags. It sounds like you are still ahead of yourself which must be nice.

I hope Allison want to continue to take walks with you.

Don't worry about your eating too much. You have to think that today is a new day and I will do this as best as I can.

I hate mosquitoes. They love me so I always gets more bites than everyone else. And it that isn't enough I'm a little allergic to the bites so it doesn't look nice when they have eaten me and it itches like crazy.
I hope you had a nice trip outside with V even if you got eaten alive by mosquitoes.

I was at the garage today to take a look at my car. It seems ok, but I'm not a 100% sure it's perfect because it's not easy to get a feeling of how it feels driving the car when I just test it when the car is standing still in the garage. So we agreed on letting things be as it is now and then I can get my car and try it for a while and return it to the garage if I decide they need to adjust the pedals some more.

I asked what happens next with the car. The garage man was a little secretive and said that my car has already been at the Vehicle Authorities to get the modification checked and approved. And it was approved. So the next step now is to send it to the car shop and they will wash the car and I have also asked the car shop to polish my car since it's not warm enough outside for Ulf to do it. I have to get my new car insured and send the insurance papers to NAV before they will deliver the car to me. The nice lady at NAV that has been very helpful through this whole process which has now taken over a year. Told me to send the insurance paper by e-mail to NAV so they can confirm that what need to be written on the paper is written before I send the papers by snail mail.

I have talked to the insurance company I use several times the past month about insuring my new car. The only thing left to get the car insured is to tell the insurance company that I now want my car insured. The first thing I did when I came home from the garage was to contact the insurance company and tell them I want the car insured from Monday 26th September. I chose that date because I don't think NAV will get the papers from me that they need until later this week so the car won't be ready to be handed to me before Monday at the earliest. I got the insurance papers right away by e-mail. I then got upset because I couldn't see that the things that needed to be written on the papers was on the papers. I got Ulf to take a look at them and he thought that everything was there. So I sent the insurance papers to NAV with a message to please explain to me what exactly need to be written on the papers if they are not OK. Under an hour after I sent the mail to NAV I got a reply saying that the papers looks good. What a relief. Now all the papers (30 pages in total) are printed out and in an envelope addressed to NAV. I will get it to the post office tomorrow.

I really hope the car shop doesn't take too long to get my car washed and ready. I really want my car before the snow comes and I know the snow can arrive in mid October.

Omg I hate level 1 of 30DS also, it most definitely is any of the jumping, it's rough on the knees!
Sounds like a great day though, we'll except for the mosquitoes! Cannot wait to hear about your trip, countdowns are so much fun!

So my W30 didn't go so well yesterday...I ended up caving and had a soda. I should not have done that! Brie, on the other hand, stayed strong two days in a row. I need to up my game. She even went online and found a recipe and made dinner last night so I didn't have to worry about it when I got home. My husband even grilled some chicken for us last night (unasked) so that we would have meat to prep for our meals today. What a great guy!

I'm like you -- mosquitoes just love me! Ugh!

Sorry that I have gotten a little behind this week. It seems like you are doing really well with the eating and exercising even if you haven't been 100%, it doesn't sound like anything completely off the charts is sneaking in. It's great that you have been able to work ahead and get a jump on your orders. I am sure the further ahead you are once your trip rolls around, the easier it will be to relax on your vacation. Between A and V, it seems like you were able to spend a lot of time outdoors this week! I love your new treasures that Josh brought home- it will be fun to use them in the Spring for flowers and such.
I hope you get your ADRs how you want them. I think it's despicable that people hoard the ADRs. I agree with a pp that maybe you could wait until a day or two before to decide on LTT. If it is the last day, you may be "fooded out" by then. I read a trip report where the family did the Deluxe dining plan and had 3 table service meals a day for a 10 day trip. I can't imagine that much food- it gets to be too much after a while. Hopefully, it works out for you.
I haven't been on the DIS much this week because I haven't been able to sit down with the computer much. We are in typhoon season & it has done nothing but rain. So, my 17 month old and I have been stuck inside most of the time. We only have one car & DH takes the car to work. Also, Quinn is getting more and more adept at climbing on things. We joke that she is part mountain goat! She can now get up on our couches. I was in the kitchen fixing her lunch a few days ago & I stuck my head around the corner to check on her and she was standing straight up on the side table. So, I had to hurdle the baby gate to get her down without startling her. I have been trying to keep her busy while we are stuck inside. Anyway, I have been able check FB on my phone. I loved seeing the progress picks of your house over the years on the fixer upper page. It's amazing how much you've done.

Good luck on staying strong with your eating- you're gonna rock those white capris! Have a great 2nd half of your week!

Well your hike looked beautiful even if you were eaten alive!! :)

I'm excited your countdown is getting smaller!! We're finally in the double digits which feels amazing when we started at 500! We were in triple digits FOOOOREEEVVEEERRRR! :hmghost:

It was fun... I tend to get creeped out being in the woods at dusk. LOL So, I was happy to get business done and outta there. ::yes::

Me too!!! LOL I still have so much I need to do... I need to book our towncar, but I am trying to hold off a bit on that one yet - as last time I booked it a little early, and then a few days later I got a code for cheaper... However- maybe that's why I got the code? :scratchin I also need to make our nail appointments... I want to get them for right after V gets out of school, because my nails tend to take hours to do - and after Allison's experience last time, the girls will only go to my guy - so I need to make sure I get all of his good slots. LOL Not to mention packing... Allison gave me my suit case back the night before last... So, I am good there. ::yes:: Super excited!!!!!

And super excited for your double digits!!! :woohoo: That is awesome! :lovestruc

Have you tried a different nut butter? I know when I did whole30, i made almond butter and sunflower butter. Of course if it is a red light food, it might be better to not open.
Right now my downfall is the chocolate cake my girls made this weekend. We made a marshmellow fondant to cover the cake with. It takes so yummy. Dh was supposed to bring the half a cake to work but i think he forgot.

Your hike looked beautiful. I remember when my daughter took photography and we drove all over the place so she could take pictures. Actually she still does that. We drove all along the lakefront so she could get pictures of the tall ships not too long ago and there's all the trips to the beaches to take pictures of the sunsets.t
LTT was always one of my favorites until I developed food allergies. The food just isn't the same when it's plain with almost no seasonings. The dessert was good, though. My daughter and her husband had the regular food and loved it. Kona was my favorite meal.
Like you, I don't know when I'm going back. I'd go every year if I could.
I'm glad you're enjoying Allison being home.
Have a good day.
Liz

Yes - it is definitely the nature of the beast... It's fun, but sometimes it's a bit creepy too. LOL

I can't even imagine... That must be tough! Disney has so many good meals - and thankfully they are able to easily accommodate allergies - which makes traveling there easier than elsewhere - they really have a good game plan for this.

I would totally go every year if I could... I wish I could sneak in a little trip next year - I may try... But with V's trip to Europe left to pay for... And Josh and I going over the following summer for 3+ weeks... I need to put all of our extra funds into that trip. I guess we could go on the cheap like some tend to - sleep in hostels and backpack it... :scratchin

I am very much enjoying her being home... I missed her so much!

Thanks Liz!!! You too! :lovestruc

How great that your supplies for your UPS bags arrived yesterday so you can continue working on the bags. It sounds like you are still ahead of yourself which must be nice.

I hope Allison want to continue to take walks with you.

Don't worry about your eating too much. You have to think that today is a new day and I will do this as best as I can.

I hate mosquitoes. They love me so I always gets more bites than everyone else. And it that isn't enough I'm a little allergic to the bites so it doesn't look nice when they have eaten me and it itches like crazy.
I hope you had a nice trip outside with V even if you got eaten alive by mosquitoes.

I was at the garage today to take a look at my car. It seems ok, but I'm not a 100% sure it's perfect because it's not easy to get a feeling of how it feels driving the car when I just test it when the car is standing still in the garage. So we agreed on letting things be as it is now and then I can get my car and try it for a while and return it to the garage if I decide they need to adjust the pedals some more.

I asked what happens next with the car. The garage man was a little secretive and said that my car has already been at the Vehicle Authorities to get the modification checked and approved. And it was approved. So the next step now is to send it to the car shop and they will wash the car and I have also asked the car shop to polish my car since it's not warm enough outside for Ulf to do it. I have to get my new car insured and send the insurance papers to NAV before they will deliver the car to me. The nice lady at NAV that has been very helpful through this whole process which has now taken over a year. Told me to send the insurance paper by e-mail to NAV so they can confirm that what need to be written on the paper is written before I send the papers by snail mail.

I have talked to the insurance company I use several times the past month about insuring my new car. The only thing left to get the car insured is to tell the insurance company that I now want my car insured. The first thing I did when I came home from the garage was to contact the insurance company and tell them I want the car insured from Monday 26th September. I chose that date because I don't think NAV will get the papers from me that they need until later this week so the car won't be ready to be handed to me before Monday at the earliest. I got the insurance papers right away by e-mail. I then got upset because I couldn't see that the things that needed to be written on the papers was on the papers. I got Ulf to take a look at them and he thought that everything was there. So I sent the insurance papers to NAV with a message to please explain to me what exactly need to be written on the papers if they are not OK. Under an hour after I sent the mail to NAV I got a reply saying that the papers looks good. What a relief. Now all the papers (30 pages in total) are printed out and in an envelope addressed to NAV. I will get it to the post office tomorrow.

I really hope the car shop doesn't take too long to get my car washed and ready. I really want my car before the snow comes and I know the snow can arrive in mid October.

Yes - I am still working about a week ahead right now... I think I will still be able to squish that extra bag in next week - and then I will be back to being on time again. ::yes::

I hope so too... I am going to see if she wants to go today...

I am trying - it's so hard sometimes to think that way... I usually do really well for breakfast/lunch - then it's the time between lunch and dinner that I start to snack and blow it... I am still trying though and I am not doing terrible. :lovestruc

I am happy to hear that you were able to try out your car... And that they will let you bring it back for adjustments after you bring it home - I totally understand where it would be difficult to know for sure, until you are actually able to drive it. ::yes::

It sounds like everything is good to go! How exciting! Hopefully you have your new car soon! I cannot wait to see pictures! :woohoo:

Omg I hate level 1 of 30DS also, it most definitely is any of the jumping, it's rough on the knees!
Sounds like a great day though, we'll except for the mosquitoes! Cannot wait to hear about your trip, countdowns are so much fun!

I know - right!!! I can do plank work all day long - but that jumping gets me every time... I hate to admit that I have to modify for portions of it, but I guess I'd rather modify than not do anything at all. LOL

Hehehe... We are getting so excited! :woohoo:

So my W30 didn't go so well yesterday...I ended up caving and had a soda. I should not have done that! Brie, on the other hand, stayed strong two days in a row. I need to up my game. She even went online and found a recipe and made dinner last night so I didn't have to worry about it when I got home. My husband even grilled some chicken for us last night (unasked) so that we would have meat to prep for our meals today. What a great guy!

I'm like you -- mosquitoes just love me! Ugh!

Oh no, that is a bummer... I think you need to find something to replace your soda... Try the LaCroix water - it's W30 approved, has a slight flavor and also carbonation... I found when I gave up soda many years ago - it wasn't necessarily the soda I was addicted to - it was the convenience of the cold beverage in a can/bottle and the carbonation. I haven't had soda in years, because I've found the local version (H2Oh) to replace it. ::yes::

And Brie - Yay for her!!! She is doing great!!! I am so proud of her for not only keeping herself on track, but also helping you and DH along. That is wonderful! W30 goes a lot smoother, IMO - if you are able to cook in bigger batches, so leftovers are easy to grab and warm up... I tend to cook a lot of excess so I can do just that. ::yes::

Good luck today - I hope it goes much better for you!

Sorry that I have gotten a little behind this week. It seems like you are doing really well with the eating and exercising even if you haven't been 100%, it doesn't sound like anything completely off the charts is sneaking in. It's great that you have been able to work ahead and get a jump on your orders. I am sure the further ahead you are once your trip rolls around, the easier it will be to relax on your vacation. Between A and V, it seems like you were able to spend a lot of time outdoors this week! I love your new treasures that Josh brought home- it will be fun to use them in the Spring for flowers and such.
I hope you get your ADRs how you want them. I think it's despicable that people hoard the ADRs. I agree with a pp that maybe you could wait until a day or two before to decide on LTT. If it is the last day, you may be "fooded out" by then. I read a trip report where the family did the Deluxe dining plan and had 3 table service meals a day for a 10 day trip. I can't imagine that much food- it gets to be too much after a while. Hopefully, it works out for you.
I haven't been on the DIS much this week because I haven't been able to sit down with the computer much. We are in typhoon season & it has done nothing but rain. So, my 17 month old and I have been stuck inside most of the time. We only have one car & DH takes the car to work. Also, Quinn is getting more and more adept at climbing on things. We joke that she is part mountain goat! She can now get up on our couches. I was in the kitchen fixing her lunch a few days ago & I stuck my head around the corner to check on her and she was standing straight up on the side table. So, I had to hurdle the baby gate to get her down without startling her. I have been trying to keep her busy while we are stuck inside. Anyway, I have been able check FB on my phone. I loved seeing the progress picks of your house over the years on the fixer upper page. It's amazing how much you've done.

Good luck on staying strong with your eating- you're gonna rock those white capris! Have a great 2nd half of your week!

No worries! Thanks for checking in, it's good to see you! :lovestruc

Well, yesterday was rough for eating... I did good all day - but then I started snacking between lunch and dinner... It's hard sometimes. Trying again today. LOL For the last week - I seem to have 1 or 2 good days, and then 1 or 2 not so good days... but I guess 1 or 2 not so good days is better than 1 or 2 really bad days. LOL Did you get that? Hehehe...

Yes - it's super nice to be so far ahead now... I can't let myself get lazy though... I'd love to take today off and be a bum. LOL But I won't.

Yes - I was on Pinterest last night, researching how to restore the Cosco stool I received... I can't decide if I want to restore it? Or if I like the old/well used look? :scratchin

I totally cannot imagine doing the deluxe DDP... That is a crazy insane amount of food... I found just DDP itself was a bit over the top for us... I will continue to debate on LTT and try to figure it out.

That makes it super rough when you are stuck indoors! I remember those days - and it's hard to keep them occupied. Allison was a climber too... I remember once, she was a little over a year - V was just born... I'd come around the corner into the kitchen and she had climbed on to the counter top, opened one of the top cupboard doors and was in the process of climbing up that cupboard! Heart attack right there man... After a while - I was desensitized to her climbing and not much shocked me - but others would come over and freak out - and I would be like "Meh, she does it all the time..." LOL We moved into this house when she was 8... There is a tree in the park across the street - a very large tree... It wasn't uncommon for her to be at the top of that one... Thankfully she never fell out... I still look at that tree, every time I drive by and smile... Lots of good tree climbing memories there for her. :lovestruc Not sure of the point to any of my stories- just that I can relate. Hoping the rain stops soon and you are able to get some energy out outside. ::yes::

Thanks - I have the entire house album on FB, if you are interested in more - we have done a LOT of work to this house over the years... More than I think we have ever intended. The best part though - is that we have cash flowed all of it - no loans and no debt from anything - so that helps... But it's taken much longer... I guess that's good though - it makes us appreciate it more. ::yes::

Thank you - I sure hope so.... I must stay diligent today! ::yes::

**********************************************************************************************************

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday... It was a Target day for me...

My last couple of days have gone OK... A lot of work and a lot of trying to eat well... The eating well is going so-so... I did get into the snacks yesterday between lunch and dinner - which was for no reason at all, as I was not hungry. I should have walked away. In all reality though - I probably wasn't as bad as I make myself out to be. ::yes::

Today - it's a heavy lifting day for me...

Then I will be working all morning...

I kind of want to skip work today and get out of the house... I might do that? LOL We'll see...

I have to pick V up from school today and take her to work...

So that's about all.

Oh - Allison gave me my luggage back the other night... I have not started packing that one - but I may start that after I work out today? :scratchin I have almost everything set aside that I am planning to pack in it.

I received my last bit of bling for our trip... This is the Mickey/Pluto themed set - it's more Mickey than Pluto though... The bag is new for this trip (I don't think I've showed it here - other than in the big group photo a few weeks ago) - the bling has been on several trips with me, as my Minnie set... But when I purchased it, I had it made with the intention of it switching to Mickey one day - I am glad for that now... So, new for this trip, I ordered new head gear... The headband is from some random person on Etsy, and the bow is from my new bow lady - who I just love.... She has done several of my most recent bows, and is always up for a challenge from me. :lovestruc Overall - I am soooo happy with how this set came together! :woohoo: I will be wearing this with a solid red tunic length tank top, black crop leggings and my black dotted shoes. :thumbsup2

1474491792604436.jpg

Also - yesterday I was recognized at Target for my 10 years of service... In the envelope was a shiny new Target GC for $50... I turned right around after work and cashed it in for a nice shiny new $50 Disney GC... :woohoo: Thank you Target - my first $50 souvenir $$ for this trip. :lmao:

I hope you all have a great day! Sending pixie dust out to all of you!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!