~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

Love the ensemble! Everything goes together perfectly! Can't wait to see it in your TR photos. Keep plugging away on your healthy eating - staying on track most of the time combined with exercise, you'll be rockin' those white capris :yay:

Trying to catch up around here after being MIA for a while!! You have been busy!! Congrats on the 10 years and so nice that you got a gift for it!! And you picked the best way to spend it ever!!!

Your Mickey and Pluto bag looks really great.

YAY for the $50 gift card :cool1:

Yesterday the Norwegian Public Roads Administration called me. They asked if I'm getting a new car that has been modified. Yes I said. Than they said well you need to get some codes in your drivers license. I asked why? They answered because your car is modified. I then said that but the only thing they have modified is a lift, electrical doors, a better seat and the pedals are made a little longer since I have short legs. The man in the other end went quiet. He asked what car I had today and I said that today I'm driving a normal car without any problems. He asked why I had gotten a new modified car then. I answered that I have an electrical wheelchair that I have to take with me in the car and I can't lift that wheelchair into the car. He said he had to check this out further.
To me it sounded like he thought that since my car is modified it had to be that I had gotten the gas and break system modified so I could control them with only my hands. And that is not the case. I'm going to drive the car as everyone else with gas pedal and break pedal.

I'm not going to let them put any code in my drivers license because then I'm suddenly not allowed to drive any other car than my new car. And that's not right because I still can drive normal cars without any problems. It's only my new car that has the pedals so far away that I can't reach them. It's the first car I've had this problem with. I drive my parents car without a problem and I drove rental cars in USA with out a problem. If necessary I will go to a doctor that can verify that I'm able to drive a normal car. I'm so upset about this. At the same time I can't understand that the longer pedals is reason enough to put a code in my drivers license.

Last edited:
I love your new Pluto/Mickey bag. It is adorable. It will be such fun to wear. ::yes::

Yay for the free $50 Disney giftcard. Are you going to buy something special with it or just add it to the rest of the trip funds?

Love the Mickey/Pluto set!

Woohoo for suitcase recovery! Now to pack!

Yay for recognition! 10 years!! You seriously had me laughing over the quick exchange you did from Target to Disney. :rotfl:

Happy Almost Friday!

Love the ensemble! Everything goes together perfectly! Can't wait to see it in your TR photos. Keep plugging away on your healthy eating - staying on track most of the time combined with exercise, you'll be rockin' those white capris :yay:

Thanks - I am super excited to wear it... i am still trying to figure out which theme for which day... :scratchin

Thank you - yesterday was super good until I picked up V from work and everyone wanted a treat... :( It will be OK though. ::yes:: I've made some good progress over the last few months - which I am thankful for.

Trying to catch up around here after being MIA for a while!! You have been busy!! Congrats on the 10 years and so nice that you got a gift for it!! And you picked the best way to spend it ever!!!

Hi Kathy! It's good to see you. Welcome back to the Dis! :woohoo:

Thanks - I've had plans for that particular GC since I found out about it's existence. LOL I was pretty excited about it. :woohoo:

Your Mickey and Pluto bag looks really great.

YAY for the $50 gift card

Yesterday the Norwegian Public Roads Administration called me. They asked if I'm getting a new car that has been modified. Yes I said. Than they said well you need to get some codes in your drivers license. I asked why? They answered because your car is modified. I then said that but the only thing they have modified is a lift, electrical doors, a better seat and the pedals are made a little longer since I have short legs. The man in the other end went quiet. He asked what car I had today and I said that today I'm driving a normal car without any problems. He asked why I had gotten a new modified car then. I answered that I have an electrical wheelchair that I have to take with me in the car and I can't lift that wheelchair into the car. He said he had to check this out further.
To me it sounded like he thought that since my car is modified it had to be that I had gotten the gas and break system modified so I could control them with only my hands. And that is not the case. I'm going to drive the car as everyone else with gas pedal and break pedal.

I'm not going to let them put any code in my drivers license because then I'm suddenly not allowed to drive any other car than my new car. And that's not right because I still can drive normal cars without any problems. It's only my new car that has the pedals so far away that I can't reach them. It's the first car I've had this problem with. I drive my parents car without a problem and I drove rental cars in USA with out a problem. If necessary I will go to a doctor that can verify that I'm able to drive a normal car. I'm so upset about this. At the same time I can't understand that the longer pedals is reason enough to put a code in my drivers license.

Thank you... I am super excited to wear this set in WDW - it's just so perfectly Disney, IMO.

I was pretty happy about the GC.... I am looking forward to finding something to spend it on. :scratchin

Yikes!!! I can totally understand why you would be upset - I would be too... I sure hope you are able to get them to see the modifications made on your car are not the ones that would make them put a code on your drivers license - and from what you've described, I would hold my ground on this one my friend. It sounds like you have a good fight in front of you - hopefully it's a nonissue though and this guy sees that. Sending you lots n' lots of pixie dust. Please keep me updated. ::hug::

I love your new Pluto/Mickey bag. It is adorable. It will be such fun to wear.

Yay for the free $50 Disney giftcard. Are you going to buy something special with it or just add it to the rest of the trip funds?

Thanks - I am really excited about it - it just says "classic Disney" to me. :lovestruc

Hehehe... Well - it's the start of my souvenir budget - so I will buy something fun with it, just not sure what yet? I have a few items on my "want" list at the moment... A couple of Alex & Ani bracelets... A couple of coffee mugs (which I will have to get past V)... A sweatshirt and a tee shirt... So, I have plenty of ideas of things to spend it on. ::yes:: We will see when I get there what I actually do with it.... :scratchin

Love the Mickey/Pluto set!

Woohoo for suitcase recovery! Now to pack!

Yay for recognition! 10 years!! You seriously had me laughing over the quick exchange you did from Target to Disney. :rotfl:

Happy Almost Friday!

Thank you - I am super excited to wear it!

Hehehe... Yup - I need to start working on that. I am a little hesitant to put my shirts in though - as many of them are a tunic length wrinkly type material - I see a quick load in the dryer at the resort to de-wrinkle everything upon arrival... I think I am going to wait until closer to when we leave to pack those. ::yes::

Hahaha... Yah - I was pretty quick to do that. I knew what I wanted. ::yes:: :woohoo:

It is Friday!!! Yay!!! Looking forward to the weekend... I'll be working, but at least I won't have to work out. ::yes::

***********************************************************************************************************

I had a pretty good day yesterday... I did my heavy lifting right away in the morning...

Then I made the executive decision to take the morning off and run to Pier1... I had a return from this spring, which was overlooked. It was nice to have a good chunk of $$ to spend in the store. ::yes:: I found a couple of cute things and I still have a nice chunk leftover. :woohoo: I will share pictures when I have it all set up.

I came home and I had enough time to work for a couple of hours - I've almost knocked out the applique for this bag. I love being ahead of the game right now - it's so nice. I hope to finish this bag this weekend - and if so, I'll be able to slide that extra bag in next week and still be right on schedule. ::yes:: I am pretty happy about this.

I had a really great eating day yesterday - I was perfect all day... Until Allison and I went to pick V up from work... She was making ice cream shakes for everyone... Yup - I had a small one, and only ate half... but, again, it's not at all W30 - so there's that. Sigh. I love that W30 is soooo strict, but at the same time, like I said earlier this week - it forces my perfectionist self to be even harder on myself, and it's tough.

A photo of Allison and I yesterday.

Screenshot_2016-09-22-17-10-08.png

Today... I am not sure how much work I will get done?

I will work out this morning... Level 3 30DS... I also plan to run to town and get groceries - I should take some time this morning to clean out my fridge, so I have somewhere to put everything when I get home... Nothing annoys me more than have to re-arrange with bags full of melting groceries. ::yes::

I also have to pick V up from school - run her to an appt - then run her directly to work... It will be a chaotic hour +. ::yes::

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight? It will just be Josh, Allison and I.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

It must be fun to still be ahead of yourself in the sewing room.

Ice cream shakes sounds delicious

Yikes!!! I can totally understand why you would be upset - I would be too... I sure hope you are able to get them to see the modifications made on your car are not the ones that would make them put a code on your drivers license - and from what you've described, I would hold my ground on this one my friend. It sounds like you have a good fight in front of you - hopefully it's a nonissue though and this guy sees that. Sending you lots n' lots of pixie dust. Please keep me updated. ::hug::

Thanks for a lot of pixie dust :hug: I really need it :hug:
Now I'm crossing my fingers that they find out that the code isn't supposed to be in my drivers license so I don't have to fight with them. But if they call me back and still think I need that code in my drivers license I will fight. I'm not going to give in easy.

When I woke up early today I was so sure it was Saturday. So instead of turning on the radio to listen to the news like I normally do on weekdays I turned on the audiobook I'm listening to and listened to that. It wasn't until 30 minutes before I get out of bed I realized that it's only Friday and then I got mad at myself for thinking it's Saturday because I hate Saturdays and Sundays because the programs I listen to the rest of the week isn't on on Saturdays and Sundays. So this week I get two Saturdays instead of one :(

Congrats on the surprise gift card! I've been meaning to ask you if they still let you buy gift cards with gift cards. A couple of people have mentioned that they weren't but I'm glad they still are.

You're just as hard on yourself as I am. My eating has been horrible the last 2 weeks and my blood sugars have definitely been showing it. :( Time to get back on track, although I'm still going to allow myself to enjoy the food in Disney. I've decided that I'm not going to tell myself that I can't have something while I'm there, mainly because that makes me want it more. But I also know myself and I have a tendency to go for fruits & veggies over fries & burgers lately.

I'm starting the packing on Sunday. I can't wait!!! Since we have to pay for our checked bags this time, I'll be trying to condense as much as possible.

Keep up the great work!

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

It must be fun to still be ahead of yourself in the sewing room.

Ice cream shakes sounds delicious

Thanks for a lot of pixie dust :hug: I really need it :hug:
Now I'm crossing my fingers that they find out that the code isn't supposed to be in my drivers license so I don't have to fight with them. But if they call me back and still think I need that code in my drivers license I will fight. I'm not going to give in easy.

When I woke up early today I was so sure it was Saturday. So instead of turning on the radio to listen to the news like I normally do on weekdays I turned on the audiobook I'm listening to and listened to that. It wasn't until 30 minutes before I get out of bed I realized that it's only Friday and then I got mad at myself for thinking it's Saturday because I hate Saturdays and Sundays because the programs I listen to the rest of the week isn't on on Saturdays and Sundays. So this week I get two Saturdays instead of one :(

Thanks - yes - it's very much a relief to be ahead of myself. As you all know, it's pretty rare. LOL

Continued Pixie Dust for your car situation - and I hope you get answers soon, as I know it's weighing on your mind. :lovestruc

That is such a bummer!!! I hope your double Saturday goes quickly for you.

Congrats on the surprise gift card! I've been meaning to ask you if they still let you buy gift cards with gift cards. A couple of people have mentioned that they weren't but I'm glad they still are.

You're just as hard on yourself as I am. My eating has been horrible the last 2 weeks and my blood sugars have definitely been showing it. :( Time to get back on track, although I'm still going to allow myself to enjoy the food in Disney. I've decided that I'm not going to tell myself that I can't have something while I'm there, mainly because that makes me want it more. But I also know myself and I have a tendency to go for fruits & veggies over fries & burgers lately.

I'm starting the packing on Sunday. I can't wait!!! Since we have to pay for our checked bags this time, I'll be trying to condense as much as possible.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Yes - Target still lets you buy GCs with GCs... It's just that, when paying with a Target GC - you don't get the extra 5% off that you get with the Target debit/credit card. I just figured the $50 was free $$ anyways, so I'd take it and run. LOL ::yes::

Yes, I am trying to work on giving myself some grace, but it's difficult... There have been a few eating situations lately where I've walked away quite disappointed in myself, but rather than letting it sabotage my entire day... I try very hard to come back from it and not let the event turn into a snowball effect... It's hard - but it's something that I really concentrated on for years, and it wasn't until this spring that I really let myself get back to my old ways. I really had to re evaluate hard at that time, and refocus... I seem to be doing much better now. Sending hugs - it's just such a difficult thing, and I don't think that many people understand what a struggle it is, except for those of use who deal with it - on top of that, how much it really affects the rest of our lives. :hug: Sending you lots of Pixie Dust and hugs. :lovestruc

Yay!!! :woohoo: I am so very excited to finally meet you! I cannot wait! I am also getting really close to packing everything - likely this week. :scratchin It's going to be a great trip for both of us!

Thanks - same to you! :)

***************************************************************************************************

Well, I worked out yesterday... Level 3, 30ds, just like I'd planned. I am kind of proud of myself that I've gone back to the 30ds for the last several weeks before our trip... It's a hard program, but I do really feel powerful from it and I do feel like I get results - I am definitely looking more muscular, especially in my legs... Which is a good/bad thing. LOL If only all of this working out took care of my saggy leg skin from my years of being overweight... :scratchin Therefore, the reason I've mostly stopped wearing shorts. ::yes:: Ahhhhh, but it is, what it is...

Then I took the rest of the day off... Allison and I went to Home Goods - we found lots of great things there, but in the end - we walked out of the store with nothing. It was probably best for my wallet anyways.

We also went to Pier 1... The items I'd purchased the day before were about an inch too tall for under my counter - since they didn't fit, I had to return them... I was so bummed, as this was something I really wanted for this space... I am still on the look out, but I am not very hopeful. I've checked Amazon and other major retailers - and so far - nothing fits... We looked around the store for a while, and again, I left with nothing and all my $$ returned to my GC... I'll probably hold on to it now for Christmas time and see if there's anything that catches my eye then.

We went out for lunch at... Wait for it.... Chipotle. LOL Surprised? As usual - it was good. I've been having some pretty harsh stomach pain the last few days - almost identical to my gall bladder pain that I used to have... Knowing that I no longer have a gall bladder to have that pain... I've been eating a LOT of Chipotle, and since I am on a W30, I've been eating a different bowl than I normally have... So, I switched it up a little bit yesterday, and it didn't seem to help. So, I am not sure what's up with that? :scratchin I'll continue to monitor it over the next few days and go into the Dr. if necessary.

Then, my day became hectic... We stopped at Aldi's... Pumpkins were $2.50 each!!! :woohoo: I've wanted pumpkins for my fall decorating on the porch - but I've yet to see them anywhere for less than $6... So, I sent Allison diving into the cardboard bin... I left with 5 pumpkins and they are HUGE! :woohoo: I was a happy girl! I am tempted to go back today and grab a few more. :scratchin I also purchased the rest of my produce there...

We rushed home, I dropped her off, put away groceries, ran out the door again, picked V up from school, took her to her appt, then rushed her to work 20 miles away - she was only 15 minutes late (which her boss knew about)....

I came home and Josh took me out for dinner at Outback... It was delicious... I had a prime rib steak and a baked potato... I didn't have any of the bread (even though Josh had 2 loaves delivered to our table... so it was tempting) and I didn't have anything else, just my meal. Which was a pretty big win for me. ::yes::

Josh picked V up from work - which was very nice of him... I feel asleep in my recliner. ::yes::

Today... The girls and I have a busy day - which I forgot about. LOL

A few weeks ago, we made appointments at Ulta for a full face makeover... We are pretty excited about this. :lovestruc

I also hope to stop at Michael's, as they have coupons for an additional 30% off of fall decor - as if I need any more? :scratchin But if it's a good deal... I'd like some more floral stuff, and maybe a couple of misc. items. ::yes::

I think I will come home and work for a little while... I'd also like to take some time to clean that Cosco stool I got from Josh's dad last weekend.... I've moved it into my kitchen, but it's pretty disgusting... If it's going to stay in here - it definitely needs a good cleaning.

So, that's it for today... I am looking forward to sharing our FP selections with you all sometime in early Oct.... I think that is our next "trip thing" to share? It's exciting to see all of this come together! :woohoo:

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

What a bummer that you didn't find anything to have under your counter. Maybe you have to build something yourself so you get the measurements you need.

I'm sorry to hear you have stomach problems. I hope it gets well soon so you don't have to go to the doctor.

How great that you found cheap Pumpkins. :woohoo:

I hope you have a great day today :hug:

The day today haven't been that bad so far. Ulf want to buy a big family tent so that he and I can drive around Europe next spring and sleeping in a tent. Our plan is to get a tent that is so high that you can stand upright inside it. We went to some stores today to look at some tents. But the problem is that no store has tents on display so you get a lot more information about the tents from the internet than you get in the store. We ended up being confused and we don't have a clue what to buy. When I got home I searched on the internet for family tents and found a Swedish site that had reviews of big family tents. I found a tent both Ulf and I thinks looks good. The problem now is finding a store selling it. The only place in Norway I could find the tent was sold out. And in Sweden the tent is more expensive than in Norway. We need the tent in mid April because our trip is in the last week of April and the trip will last about 1 1\2 months. I suspect that next years tents won't be on sale that early. So I'm not sure what we should do.

Thanks for the encouraging response on FB to not give up! I didn't do great this week with W30, but I didn't do awful work. We're getting the hang of the planning and prep. My daughter, on the other hand, continues to be compliant and is doing great! She's the best cheerleader for the world for my husband and I. Traveling next week to see my other daughter is going to make things challenging, but my daughter told my SIL that I'm doing W30 and so my SIL texted me last night to ask if there were specific things I wanted her to pick up for me at the grocery store to eat while I'm here. She's so sweet! I was shopping at Target yesterday (we have a Super Target) and they had beef kebobs in the ready-to-go section and they were on sale plus an extra sale with Cartwheel so I picked up a bunch of those and we grilled them last night, so I've got grilled beef and grilled veggies ready to go for the next few days for lunch or breakfast or whatever. Brie has decided she really likes omelets in the morning so we're going to prep a bunch of add-ins for her this weekend so it will be quicker for her in the mornings. I've found an eggless breakfast recipe that I really like and so I'm probably going to stick with that. Many of our favorite recipes are very easy to modify to be compliant and so that's been great, too. And a couple of nights this week my husband has grilled some chicken breasts without being asked and sliced them up for the fridge so I can quickly put together a lunch with grilled chicken lettuce wraps and compliant homemade caesar dressing. I love how we're all working together on this!

Sounds like things are coming together great for your trip! So exciting! And I love that outfit. Really cute.

Congrats on reaching 10 years with Target and getting your gift card.

I'm excited to hear about your FP reservations!

Don't stop wearing shorts, just buy ones that are a little longer. I'm not a big shorts wearer, but always buy them longer as I also have saggy skin from losing weight. I haven't lost as much as you have, but I like to hide it and have found they are more flattering on me. We almost always wear long pants at Disney since we go when it's cool. Last year it was so hot my dh wore shorts and got that Disney rash. He said he will never wear shorts at Disney again.

You are doing so well not to give up on your eating just because you don't do well one day. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's great to see you and Allison getting out to walk together. That is a motivator both for you and her. I'm getting back to walking on the treadmill to get in shape for all the Disney walking. Even though we go shorter days now, I still need to get some miles in. My youngest son might come again this year. He really enjoyed Universal last year and we have annual passes so we will probably do that with him. He's not a big Disney fan, and says he'd like to spend more time just relaxing at the pool this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your outfits put together.

Good morning everyone!!!! I hope you had a nice weekend!!!

I'll do replies later this morning or tomorrow - sorry about that! (they will be in the new PTR)

I've decided to "pull a fast-one" on you all this morning... If you may or may not have noticed - this thread is getting a little LONG... I am not certain - but I think the cut off is 200 pages, and we are currently at 199... I've been a little worried whether this PTR would make it until my trip, and it appears that it's not going to... We'd be lucky if it makes it through the day today... So, I've boxed it up, loaded the truck last night and we are OUTTA HERE!!! :woohoo: On to our new digs!

Follow the link and join me at:

Part II

D~

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!