Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

HypKris

Disney Lover- First word was, "Micka Mouse"
First I want to apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

We are a family of four (my parents, my brother (20) and myself (24), and we are currently planning a Disney Wold trip for June 2008. We have to plan in advance because it's very difficult to get four adults on the same schedule for seven days. We are planning on doing the Platinum Package because we want the ability to do anything on our vacation. I'm the one planning the trip so I've been reading the boards.

One thing that caught my eye was, "Dinning With An Imangineer". I own four small bussiness and the last month I've been reading Disney books about customer service, how Disney runs their company, and some books by Disney Imangeers. I went to the Disney website to get more information about this special meal, and I really couldn't find anything. So I decided to call Disney. I asked the lady if there was such a meal still offered. She said yes, and the reason I couldn't find anything about it was because Disney doesn't advertise the meal, it's all word of mouth. So this got me thinking. What else does Disney offer that isn't advertised?

We know about the tours and water sports and golfing. But are there special things (like the meal with the imangeer) that only a few know about? I've been reading these boards for over a year, and I know that there are a lot of people that know a lot about Disney, so I thought I would ask. :earsboy:

Kris :-)

UPDATE (October 2008) Thank you to ajcolorado for putting everything in a Summary for us! It is on page 58 post 856

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28167024#post28167024

Our family visited Walt Disney World several times before hearing about the Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale & outdoor movie at the Fort Wilderness Campground. It is free and alot of fun. Here's a link with good information: www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-campfire.html

We plan to do the Nestle cookie baking thing at the Land Pavilion in Epcot this year.

I hear that the Adventurer's Club is Pleasure Island's most popular club but didn't really know what to expect until we found this info: http://allearsnet.com/btp/faq_adv.htm

Small children enjoy the ladybug releases in the morning at one of the Innoventions pavilions. See: www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-ladybugrelease.html

Raglan Road (restaurant in Downtown Disney) is getting a lot of good reviews but is still fairly new so there are those who might not know that they can hear live music after about 9PM without needing a Pleasure Island ticket.

There are some neat cruises for kids that we've never done but they sound great: http://allearsnet.com/btp/spcruise.htm

Love this info. I may have to do a few of these "special" things next time DD and I go to DW.

the ladybug release at the GF is long gone. the only place to release ladybugs on property is either (1) part of the Behind the Seeds tour or (2) during the Flower & Garden Festival

They give the "old" flowers in the arrangements in the GF lobby away on the day they put the fresh out. I think this is on Tuesday morning. All you have to do is be there.

You can get a free plastic robot if you do the Plastic Works thing at Innovations.

Subscribing. I'd love some new ideas to spruce up my next trip! Last time I did the Segway tour and LOVED it!

Very interesting!
This sounds like a great thread.
I guess if Disney advertised for certain things, those "special" things would become over-demanded if that makes sense.
I guess some things just have to be kept hush hush, but I like it that way. Secret things to discover are fun!
:goodvibes

Subscribing. I'd love some new ideas to spruce up my next trip! Last time I did the Segway tour and LOVED it!

And on that note . . . I did not know that in the Imagination Pavillion you can learn how to ride a Segway, without going on a tour! It was so cool riding one up and down the designated area with a guide to assist you. First time for me on a Segway! And I think I did pretty good, I stayed in the lines and did not run over anyone! All in all, it was a good day! :laughing:

If I were an older group like your family, I would take some of the behind the scenes tours like the ones that will take you through the underground area reserved for the cast. If you staying at the AKL, you can consider the Sunrise Safari. Janet2K (I think that is her name here) is famous for her dinners in special setting in ride areas and around WDW in general. Search for her trip reports or look on the Grand Floridian fact thread as she posts there a lot. Hope that helps and have a GREAT time!

not really a secret, but you can ride up front with the driver on the monorail. My dd thought this was fantastic and got a certificate/ card to proove she "drove" !:thumbsup2

I found out about the following things only from reading disboards or from finding them at the parks:

the Pirate Cruises from GF, B&Yclub and....some other resort that escapes me right now!:laughing: And for only $35 it really strikes me as one of the more reasonable offering at WDW. my DS loved it!

the "How to Draw" class at the end of the animation tour at MGM. It's only 10 mins, but again, my DS loved it, his favorite thing at MGM!

thanks for starting this thread. Even though I have been to WDW over a dozen times there are always so many new tips to learn.

We leave in 4 days so I will be visiting this thread often in the next few days.

Not sure how much they are advertised and they are a bit pricey but we love the Illuminations cruises from the Yacht Beach Marina.

Also, not sure if they still do it but they used to hide paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island and if you were the first to find them in the a.m. you got a special fast pass or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter