Things I've never done at Disney?...

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
I am going down in a couple of weeks for a Disney Institute course (woohoo! best work trip ever!) and of course I'm building in a few days before the class for fun.We'll be at the Swan for three nights (DD works for Marriott and gets a great rate for her Mama, then we'll be at the Contemporary for 4 nights courtesy of my job) My bff is coming down with me to share some time together and hang out. Here's the thing. I was a Disney Cast member, and both of us have been to the parks so so many times. We're older now, we have more disposable $$ and we are looking for some adventures or experiences we have never had for this trip. We'll have hopper passes, and just booked the stupid expensive dessert party for viewing the fireworks, lol and the Gospel Brunch at The House of Blues. We're going to do the food and wine expo...what else? New and different? We won't have a car but would uber if there was somewhere we really want to go. It's going to be a blast no matter what, but I'm just looking around for ideas!

I didn't know the Disney Institute was still operating. Where is it located now?

Have you ridden the amphicars yet? That could be something different and fun.

There are two scuba options in the living seas, depending on whether or not you have your divers license. They are both outstanding.

I didn't know the Disney Institute was still operating. Where is it located now?

Have you ridden the amphicars yet? That could be something different and fun.
Amphicars is a good idea! Yes It is still in full swing. My course is from the Contemporary

Second on the Wild Africa, one of the best tours I have done. If your going before end of September, I would recommend the DestiNations Tour of World Showcase at Epcot. You will visit each country and at the Outpost you go backstage to see Illuminations barges and globe. If you have a free day and do not want to purchase single day ticket, you might also try the Backstage tour. I did this one in 2012 and 2016. What would interest me the most on that tour now would be backstage at Rivers of Light. Amphicars is ok but not something I would do again. If you like coke products, stopping at the Coke store would be interesting now that it is no longer available in Epcot and it has a lot more flavors. Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun too. You could also try one of the scavenger hunts (Remy or Agent P at EP, Sorcerer's at MK, Lion King at AK). There is also the Wilderness Explorer's hunt in Animal Kingdom as well.

Second on the Wild Africa, one of the best tours I have done. If your going before end of September, I would recommend the DestiNations Tour of World Showcase at Epcot. You will visit each country and at the Outpost you go backstage to see Illuminations barges and globe. If you have a free day and do not want to purchase single day ticket, you might also try the Backstage tour. I did this one in 2012 and 2016. What would interest me the most on that tour now would be backstage at Rivers of Light. Amphicars is ok but not something I would do again. If you like coke products, stopping at the Coke store would be interesting now that it is no longer available in Epcot and it has a lot more flavors. Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun too. You could also try one of the scavenger hunts (Remy or Agent P at EP, Sorcerer's at MK, Lion King at AK). There is also the Wilderness Explorer's hunt in Animal Kingdom as well.

Love the idea of DestiNations! I'll look that one up!

Just booked Celebration at the top Savor sip and sparkle at the Cali Grill. Stupid money but it's a celebration and I'm good with it! Very excited. Thanks for all the ideas!

Not sure if you and your BFF golf, but Disney offers some really nice courses and it’s not super expensive (depending on time of year). Parks aside, I pick a hotel group (i.e. MK area hotels) and try to grab a drink - maybe two - at each hotel. My favorite circuit is starting out at WL and grabbing a drink and some food at Geyser Point overlooking Bay Lake. Hop the blue-flag boat and venture to Contemporary for a drink at Top of the World (if DVC) or California Grille if you’re able to get in. Monorail over to the Poly for a round or two at Trader Sam’s / Tambu Lounge. At this point, you’re probably feeling pretty good. Grabbing a drink to go, you can watch MK fireworks from the beach and walk over to GF for a final round. For your stay at Contemp, this could make for a fun evening. While staying at the Dolphin, you can do the same circuit with the Epcot area hotels. If you’re feeling frisky, throw in a surry bike rental as you’re making the rounds between Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk!

Not sure if you and your BFF golf, but Disney offers some really nice courses and it’s not super expensive (depending on time of year). Parks aside, I pick a hotel group (i.e. MK area hotels) and try to grab a drink - maybe two - at each hotel. My favorite circuit is starting out at WL and grabbing a drink and some food at Geyser Point overlooking Bay Lake. Hop the blue-flag boat and venture to Contemporary for a drink at Top of the World (if DVC) or California Grille if you’re able to get in. Monorail over to the Poly for a round or two at Trader Sam’s / Tambu Lounge. At this point, you’re probably feeling pretty good. Grabbing a drink to go, you can watch MK fireworks from the beach and walk over to GF for a final round. For your stay at Contemp, this could make for a fun evening. While staying at the Dolphin, you can do the same circuit with the Epcot area hotels. If you’re feeling frisky, throw in a surry bike rental as you’re making the rounds between Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach, Boardwalk!

Love it! Great idea, thank you! A little WDW pub crawl!

I was thinking something simple like instead of eating lunch or dinner one day share a kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream. 😀

You are speaking to my heart! My hubby and I visit Disney World 2-4 times a year from Washington State - we have done (almost) everything, and are always looking for new things to try! I have done all the Disney Institute courses except the business one, and I have done the Customer Experience Summit and the Women's Leadership Summit - you are in for a great time!

Here are some experiences I recommend:
1. Glad you are doing Savor, Sip, & Sparkle - we do this on nearly every trip to Disney World now. The food is great, the cast members treat you like gold, and I think it is a great value!
2. How about a fireworks cruise? We have always found this a great way to celebrate a special event.
3. We love doing a Monorail Drink-a-Thon (Disney has an official one, but we are kinda partial to the unofficial version we found online.) There is a company for FUNatics who sells personalized passports for really cheap (you can google it or send me a PM) - the passports outline a fun excursion where you visit each resort on the monorail line (and the two resorts accessible to the monorail line via boat for "extra credit") and go to one of the lounges/bars/restaurants for beverages and snacks. Super fun - we do this every trip now.
4. The Wilderness Back Trail Adventure tour on Segways is super fun.
5. Drink Around the World Showcase (the same company from the Monorail Drink-a-Thon has personalized passports for Epcot's World Showcase (Monorial Drink-a-Thon and Showcase Snacking) for drinking and eating around the World Showcase. We do this every trip too. Take some time to enjoy La Cava Tequila for the best margaritas and the Tutto Gusto wine bar in Italy is another great place to relax, enjoy some wine, and have a snack.
6. I second Jellyrolls - super fun for an evening after the parks.
7. It sounds like you will be there during the Food and Wine Festival. If you can swing Party for the Senses, it is AMAZING! Tons of stations of food, wine, beer, and mixed drinks, with just crazy good entertainment.
8. Also, during the Food & Wine Festival - we LOVED the meal at LaHacienda in Epcot where they had a several course meal paired with tequila - the tequila ambassadors are wonderful, the meal is wonderful, and the tequila helped me realize I like good tequila!
9. Visit Disney Springs - there are so many new places there! Our passport place also has a personalized passport called Sippin' and Snackin' in the the Springs, which is another fun excursion to try beverages and snacks in different places in Disney Springs.

You will have such fun - I look forward to your trip report!

This is probably a no-no, LOL. But I would take a visit to Universal. It's different with new attractions (if you haven't been for a while), more laid back with no need for adr's or fp's. Just a thought...……......

Great to read all these information! Thank you for sharing everyone. I am stoked about attending the Business Excellence course in December and have been eyeing it for a few years. Keeping expectations high after reading this board =)
I will try to learn more from this board and hopefully maximize the opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!