Things No longer seen on DCL or Castaway Cay

L

The shrimp is out every day at Canana’s for lunch. At least it was on the Dream in February of this year which seems oh so long ago....
I do recall on recent past cruises on the different ships it was out every day at lunch as well. My DH is a huge fan of shrimp and they sure were on his plate every lunch.
In the early years of DCL the shrimp at the embarkation lunch was already peeled.
When we did the back to back on the Magic in 2016 I don't remember it being out, it's possible my memory is faulty or I missed it. Was never a fan of the cabanas update to match that of the Dream class.

Before the pandemic, were they still serving the shrimp at the embarkation buffet?

Sailed on 3/6/20 on the Dream right before everything closed and the shrimp was plentiful in Cabanas.

I don't like to eat them unless all the work has been done already (Call me spoiled/picky if you must. The legs freak me out)

Sailed on 3/6/20 on the Dream right before everything closed and the shrimp was plentiful in Cabanas.

I don't like to eat them unless all the work has been done already (Call me spoiled/picky if you must. The legs freak me out)
That brings back a great memory. When my dw and I were dating we'd go to my grandparents house for dinner at least once a month for something. We'll her daughter( she was about 6 or 7 at the time) had never eaten shrimp before and my grandmother always had peeled shrimp. She loved it. Take her on her first cruise in 08, and theres shrimp on the buffet at Beach Blanket. She takes some and I'm not really paying attention. She love shrimp. The 4 of us sit down to eat and she digs into her shrimp. After her first bite, she looks up and says this shrimp is crunchy. We had to explain to her she had to remove the shell first. We still remind her of it 12 years later.

Not sure if this was posted already....sorry if it was but anyone else remember the Golden Mickey mirror cling that the they put on the cabin desk mirror before the Golden Mickey show?

View attachment 537379

MJ
I dont remember it in the cabins but I do remember seeing it all over the ship the day and night of.

I distinctly remember it on the desk mirror and then all the banners and stuff in the hallway leading up to the WDT.

View attachment 537434

And another thing you won't see on the Wonder any more.....Route 66

View attachment 537428

View attachment 537429

View attachment 537430

View attachment 537431

View attachment 537432

View attachment 537433

MJ
I was thinking about Route 66 the other day. ( The picture is of Walter, the officer that married my wife and I. We bumped into him on the Fantasy Maiden, and the next year when we were back he had moved to the Wonder. The CD I talked to on the Magic, emailed the Wonders CD who took this picture, and emailed it back to the Fantasy. It was sitting on our mail fish during the cruise. He did remember us.) Then again I walk past it daily. I thought and I could be wrong, that at 1 point, there was banners or signs near the atrium for the GMs. I remember the ones near the theatre, and there seemed to be more GM merch in the stores also on that night.20201109_230836.jpg

Something else we can add to the list is Topsiders and Beach Blanket Buffett on the Magic class. All 4 are Cabanas now, Parrot Cay also.
My PC Story:
Embarkation lunch at PC.
Had the camera on the table, DW had Goofy come up behind her, I saw him coming, picked up the camera to take a picture; Goofy reaches past DW and tried to put pepper on her dessert. What a look on DW's face.

Really missed Rockin Bar D. We saw John Charles in there for the first time and it seemed like a much better performing space. Fathoms just had a weird feel for shows. I will say both setups are better than the Tube on the Dream class for shows, so its not all bad.

One of the little known facts about the ships is that they are not black - they're a patented shade of midnight blue. When the "DCL Council" was debating the ship's colors, they didn't like black or the available blues. An assistant walked into the room wearing pants in a darker shade of blue and they all had a eureka moment and that became the color of the bottom of the ships.
I have NOT read the entire thread yet, so i don't know if this has been addressed yet ... The person that was wearing "the color" was NOT an assistant, but a Project Manager!! The real piece of trivia here is that during a cruise either at a trivia activity or a "secrets of DCL" presentation where this "fact" was given out (yet) again and SHE was in the audience (or playing trivia) and made the correction. Unfortunately I do not remember her name.

I have NOT read the entire thread yet, so i don't know if this has been addressed yet ... The person that was wearing "the color" was NOT an assistant, but a Project Manager!! The real piece of trivia here is that during a cruise either at a trivia activity or a "secrets of DCL" presentation where this "fact" was given out (yet) again and SHE was in the audience (or playing trivia) and made the correction. Unfortunately I do not remember her name.

Monica :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter