Things to do in Vero Beach

Jonell

DIS Veteran
We’re visiting Vero Beach Resort this summer.. I’m looking for places to have a few drinks and dinner that maybe have some sort of musician or band playing? Not a club but somewhere my teenager can come with us.. Thanks!

We occasionally go to Captain Hirim's Sand Bar ( 1604 Indian River Dr, Sebastian, FL 32958). They have live music, but I'm unsure of whether it is every night or just weekends.

Most are golf clubs belonging to the golf communities. However, several years back, we drove north to Sebastian and found the Sebastian Municipal Golf Course. Depending on the season it ranges from about 30 to 50 w/cart for 18 holes.

http://www.sebastiangolfcourse.org/

We didn't find a lot to do in the Vero Beach area - and stuff closes up early at night. I think the area in general is more of a retirement community or something. That's why we found 3 nights there to be plenty. We struggled to keep occupied at night - especially after a busy week on the go at Disney.

The is a golf course nearby. It’s called Sandridge, my son played it last summer and it was a pretty decent course. Semiprivate course I think. It is busy so you’ll have to book a tee time. He got paired with a nice guy who was a local and he gave gave us good tips on local places to dine.

We occasionally go to Captain Hirim's Sand Bar ( 1604 Indian River Dr, Sebastian, FL 32958). They have live music, but I'm unsure of whether it is every night or just weekends.
We also enjoy the music there.

Disney’s VB is north near Sebastian, the city of Vero Beach is about 20 minutes south. The area around the resort is residential, with Oceanfront mansions and high end golf communities. Very Quiet!

We have gone to Fish Lips twice for dinner, love it! I am not sure if the have entertainment.

We hang mostly at the resort when we go. Very relaxing. I hope you get some responses to help with your question.

This tour was fun and if you have a teenager with you, I'm sure he/she will enjoy it! https://www.airboatadventuretours.com/

There are also manatee/dolphin boat tours on the Indian River. Captain Hiram's has one that is just kind of OK, but there are others out there as well.

We were at Dis Vero Beach over the Christmas Holidays. We ate at Captian Hirams and watched an acoutistic band on on Wednesday night (in Sebastian). Disney also had adult karoke in the Green Cabin room three nights we were there too. It is a quieter place, but if you go into the Vero beach website (not Disney, the town of VB) they have many sugestions of things to do.
Have fun!

I don't think anyone goes to Vero for nightlife. It's Vero BEACH Resort: we go to swim in the ocean. For that, it's perfect...with a Disney touch.

Yes, it's not a theme park with nightlife. And?!

I am very happy that there are people who think it's boring...reservations there are hard enough to get. @Jonell when are you going? We'll be there in mid-June.

I don't think anyone goes to Vero for nightlife. It's Vero BEACH Resort: we go to swim in the ocean. For that, it's perfect...with a Disney touch.

I am very happy that there are people who think it's boring...reservations there are hard enough to get. @Jonell when are you going? We'll be there in mid-June.

We will be there June 7th-13th.

Point taken lol but many of the Beach resort areas we frequent are vibrant (Myrtle Beach, Clearwater, etc). Not looking for honkytonk jersey shore stuff but just seems a bit too sedate to me also. It all depends upon your mindset and what you want to experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!