Things you used to like but now hate

I really can't think of anything I used to love that now I totally hate. There are some things I really don't do any more.

Professional sports. As a kid, we used to go quite a bit. Especially baseball on the $5 bleacher ticket. Now the price is high. They've held cities hostage. And I'm just not that into them any more. The TV is better than any seat I could get. Besides, the kids would rather do Disney or other things. And truth be told so would I.
Survivor. I stopped watching after the first season because once you have the blue print for winning, why bother watching any more?
Big Brother. I never even made it through a full season with that one.
Amazing Race. I just haven't watched lately. That's something that I might binge watch if all the old episodes were posted though and I think about it.
Soft Drinks. I just don't do them any more. Same goes for most deep fried foods. Just not into them.

Once the Cubs won the WS last season, after all the dust had settled, I wondered what it would mean to be a Cubs fan from then on out. Going without a WS win for a century was their thing. Without that thing, where could the Cubs go from there?

Not surprisingly, I've watched ten times as much soccer this year as I have baseball.

Most perfumes. They irritate my nose and give me a headache most of the time.
I am the same way. I hate when someone hugs me and their perfume is too strong and the smell stays on me.

Something I used to like, but now hate... grilled hamburgers. They make my stomach turn.

Coke - Used to love it as a kid, now it is sickeningly sweet and I only drink it as a last resort if I have a bad headache
Liverwurst - no red meat now, no organ meats, pork, just a little poultry or fish
Roller coasters, after 2 concussions (not related to them) I can't take the movement any more

There are several things I used to like but can no longer support due to personal beliefs. I'm ok with it.

Also: Roadtrips. I used to think getting there was part of the fun. Ain't nobody got time for that. Or, I don't.

I went through a phase where I suddenly hated everything Billy Joel ever did. I'm starting to come back around.

Flying. I used to think of it as exciting, but there's hardly a thing about it now I don't find inconvenient and annoying.

Major League Baseball. It was my 1st love--grew up watching the great Big Red Machine teams of the 70s. Every game was an event--even if I couldn't catch it on TV* I was listening on the radio. Now, I still go to our local minor league team's games, but I can't remember the last time I watched a complete MLB game.

*--Back then the Reds were on TV only about 25 games/season, unless we got lucky and they were on the Major League Game Of The Week with Curt Gowdy (later Joe Garagiola) and Tony Kubek. Yep, I'm that old. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!