Think of All The Joy You'll Find When You Leave the World Behind- Nov 2018 TR-updated 09/22/19 RL

Jason looked at her and said, "Lets do it!"
She looked at me. I blinked because I thought I was hallucinating and she said "Are you going to cry?" I wasn't sure. I really really wasn't sure. My hands flew to my mouth, I burst into laughter like a stark-raving-mad lunatic, and I grabbed his arm and said "Are you sure?"
dvcmembers-jpg.380196
Wait... What?!?! That is amazing!!!! Congratulations!!!

My husband and I also did not have the very best experience at Paddlefish on our anniversary trip but it definitely doesnt sound as bad as yours so I'm sorry! I am glad that Chefs was a highlight to your day though, it sounded perfect!

And omg I almost burst into tears myself hearing your DVC story! How exciting!!!! Polynesian would be my top DVC choice if we did ever buy in so that is super exciting and so sweet. What a great anniversary present!

Congratulations on being DVC owners, how awesome!

What a wonderful anniversary gift!

We loved the Bon Voyage breakfast as well, I had the calzone and it was so yummy!

So exciting to buy into the magic!!! Loving your trip so far, and I am also SO SO curious who the celebrity chef was. I'm hoping that it is someone that I already hate ;-)

Wow - what a swing in days. So sorry you had an upsetting day, I hope you felt more settled once you were home. What a great day and anniversary surprise. Congrats.

Congrats on the DVC! I'm hoping my husband grants me that one wish on our upcoming trip too! And there would definitely be tears from me for sure!

What an amazing thing for Jason to do, the photo of you both with the bag and the big grin on his face, made me quite emotional because I know how you must have been regarding the doggo's and pets at home.

I've got and had pets all my life and they are the heart of the family, I'm so happy to hear they were okay after the storm.

I have a friend from Turkey. I hadn't seen her in a while once, but I went to see her at her work before she moved back. She said "Oh my gosh! Where have you been? I thought you were dead!" I imagine some of you saying that to me now, but I picture her face and laugh.

So, where have I been? I've commented around here and there as I've tried to keep up with reports and important info, but I can't remember the last time I turned on my computer. This life update is brought to you by my phone and autocorrect.

It has been a whirlwind of a year thus far. I say none of this to be a Debbie Downer, but we've felt a bit like Eeyore lately with a big rain cloud hovering.

In February, we nearly lost our beloved old lady, Dixie, several times. She saw the emergency vet more than once, and there were nights I literally held her all night while she screamed in pain not knowing if she was going to make it or not. We almost gave up. I'm pleased to report she has recovered almost fully.

A few days after my birthday, my husband was injured at work. He has not been able to go back. He has ruptured some discs in his back, which are compromising the nerves. He will be having surgery. This is scary scary stuff. We have no idea what the future holds for him with EMS. If someone told me I couldn't be in the medical field anymore, I would be devastated. He is in some pretty severe pain. It's a mess.

After his injury, our sweet ferret had to have surgery. She is doing well, but she has the same disease that took the life of our first little ferret girl.

I am facing two surgeries myself. One of them has been in the appeal stages for months. The other is completely unexpected, but it's nothing too serious. I will just say that since January at least one of us has had some kind of medical appointment once weekly. I also just found out that my insurance has some fraudulent charges from a claim years ago that I knew nothing about. It only came to my attention when I recently had a procedure that was denied because of the old claim.

I want to finish this report. I intend to do so. It's just that right now I am so overwhelmed that I cannot get in the mindset to gather all those thoughts. There is so much joy that I want to continue to share with you all when I am able to do so. We are going to be alright. It's just a little rocky right now.

Hope to be back on track soon!
Shannon

Take all the time you need! Life sounds like it has gotten overwhelming and totally get why you are stepping away.

I hope you get the answers you need and the insurance worked out and you both a speedy recovery from your surgeries.

Ugh, so sorry you've had so much on your plate this year. Sometimes it feels like everything comes at you all at once, huh?

I'll be thinking healthy thoughts for you and hubby.

Sorry to hear about all your travails. Understand that this is all fun - it's not a necessity. (Well, maybe the trips are, but the trip reports aren't.) Take care and we will "see" you when we see you. Hope everyone gets back to health quickly.

Oh no fun!! :( I'm so sorry about everything. Especially everything right in a row like that! :( You take all the time you need--we're here for you! :grouphug:

Tea for You and Tea for Me- Day Seven, Part Two

Easter.gif
Happy Easter to you all! Wishing you a joyous, blessed day!

Things are looking up slightly, and I finally had the time to dig this report out of the graveyard. While I am still fighting those fraudulent charges, my surgery that I've been waiting for approval since the fall was finally approved. It gives me such hope for the future concerning all the stomach problems I have. Jason's surgery has been scheduled as well for May 16th so we hope he is on the mend soon.

Enough of those shenanigans! Lets jump back in!

After the initial shock started to subside, it was time to get down to business. James came in for us to begin signing. Now, when we booked this tour with absolutely no intentions of a commitment, we didn't think twice about our tea at the Grand Floridian. This was my husband's second big surprise, and there was no way I was going to let him miss this. James and Dana quickly arranged a meeting for us at Copper Creek after our tea to conclude our signing. I was excited about this because I would be able to actually see the resort we were making our new "home." Wilderness Lodge had always been a dream of mine so I couldn't wait to make it official so we could stay there in the future.

We were picked up by the DVC van again and congratulated for being the newest members. I'm pretty sure that I was so far up on Cloud 9 that he could have told me that the city had burned down and I wouldn't have heard him. We were a little late to our tea, but we explained the situation and apologized for our tardiness.

We chose the Bedfordshire experience, which meant we each were entitled to choose a pot of tea. We also each had a plate of small sandwiches, scones, and chose our own desserts. We were both very happy with our tea choices, enjoyed trying the food offerings, and thought the petite desserts were a nice finishing touch. Jason was thrilled with his surprise and has expressed interest in returning.

He chose the Enchanted Forest tea, which was a combination of raspberry, blueberry, and strawberry. I had the Zanzibar, which was a refreshing Chai with a hint of vanilla. I despise raspberry so I cannot speak for his, but my tea complemented the food very well.

GFzanzibar.jpg GFscone.jpg GFsandwiches.jpg GFdesserts.jpg GFfoodselection.jpg GFswan.jpg

We were again picked up at The Grand Floridian by the DVC van. This time, the first gentleman we spoke to had returned. We told him that contrary to our previous conversation, we had become members. He started talking about his experience as a member, and we both rode blissfully to Copper Creek where we were greeted again by Dana. We toured the models, and wow! I was completely impressed by what I saw. Even though we will likely be studio folks for the foreseeable future, I thought all the units were grand. Granted, my experience with "deluxe" is very limited, but the studio looked like a place we could happily relax. I was already dreaming about a Christmas stay in 2019. *Hint hint*

We met with the manager of DVC somethingsomething and finished our paperwork. He answered all questions for us. We were presented with more fastpasses for a total of 8. Sad spoiler alert: we did not have enough time to use them all. I wished I could have passed them on to someone else.

DVC van #4 took us back to GF for the third time that day. We finally retrieved our car and headed over to Disney Springs to await our Homecomin' dinner, though neither of us were very hungry.

Homecominfoodbar.jpg homecomingeggs.jpg homecomingchicken2.jpg

Still, we found room, and I loved this place! Even for a picky Southerner, this comfort food hit the spot.
We finished the evening by doing a little shopping at Disney Springs and using our fancy new discount.

It was a wonderful day. I'd like to say that the whole DVC progress and experience was fantastic. Neither of us ever felt pressured to make a decision to one side or the other. We were there to gather the facts, the information was supplied, and Jason made the choice that it would be beneficial to us. I felt like we could have easily walked away without the guilt of declining. Everyone we spoke to was wonderful, patient, and knowledgeable. If only buying cars was that pleasant!

Up next: Our final day at Magic Kingdom, but we stop at another resort first!

Resort Count: 9
Steps: 8,860
Miles: 4

Thank you all for your comments before and after my "real life" update! I'm sorry that I did not quote them all in a direct reply, but they all mean so much to me. I appreciate your understanding, and, yes, I know this is just for fun. I just wanted to explain why I had abandoned it for a bit. Jason and I both appreciate all your positive thoughts and vibes! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!