Think of All The Joy You'll Find When You Leave the World Behind- Nov 2018 TR-updated 09/22/19 RL

Pandora is super beautiful! I also feel like FOP gets less nauseating the more you ride it, maybe because you get used to it or at least know what to expect? At least thats how its been for my family!

Oh, I am so happy someone else understood this! We were discussing this morning how the show is just fading away.

I sometimes put it on before I go to bed, it's so feel good it makes me fall asleep all warm and fuzzy :lovestruc Metaphorical footage of me falling asleep:

K1Iz.gif

Coming up, it's finally time to reveal Jason's big surprise for the trip: Fireworks and dessert with the Star Wars gang!

Ooh good! I was considering this for my upcoming trip (with two Star Wars-loving, and dessert-loving guys) Looking forward to your review :goodvibes

Look closely at the second picture. Do you see what's in my husband's hand? A piece of the pretzel he didn't want.

LOL - I read that he didn't want any and looked at the photo and was like - huh, he didn't want any - I went back and reread what you wrote - then scrolled to this comment.

he always made me go first whenever we got on rides.

Aww....the ladies first rule. My DH knows that if we are seated with others, he sits next to them.

I really enjoyed FoP too. The SB queue looks so incredible, I *almost* wish I had done it once SB, but I only did it in the FP queue. My daughter probably wouldn't have appreciated the SB queue, but I would have.
The NRJ boat ride was nice, but I think I would only do it with FP or less than 30 minute wait.
You know, I have never had a Mickey pretzel. Something else to put on my "to try" list. Why does that list seem to get bigger, even after trying a few new things on my last trip :laughing:

mickeypretzelcheese-jpg.369064

Look closely at the second picture. Do you see what's in my husband's hand? A piece of the pretzel he didn't want.
I do see his hand and more importantly I spy CHEESE!!!! Is this number 27 of the trip :P

I do as well, but the backward motion does make my stomach a little queasy so I have to, unfortunately, close my eyes once we start flying in the opposite direction.
Oh me too, though even the closing of the eyes doesn't help me. I always feel like we are going to go upside down.

After our escape from the Yeti, it was time for lunch at the other Yeti.
Cant' wait to see what you thought about this

You're nicer than I am... every time we rode the Safari, I insisted on sitting on an end so I could get good pictures!

I love Yak & Yeti! I wish we had made time for it on our last trip. I don't think you miss much by closing your eyes on the backward part, I'm pretty sure it's all in the dark anyway :)

I think my husband means well by making me go first because, in theory, he will get out first and he's being chivalrous by offering his hand to me. He's also blocking my view with his big head.

Flights of Passage is no doubt a great ride. I would put it right up there with Forbidden Journey as a top theme park ride experience. They did a wonderful job of making the experience feel like it was happening just to you even though you are in a room with 100 other people looking at the same screen.

Funny, but there were other people at Animal Kingdom that we met who compared Forbidden Journey to FOP. I would love to make it over there to experience Hogwarts.

Pandora is super beautiful! I also feel like FOP gets less nauseating the more you ride it, maybe because you get used to it or at least know what to expect? At least thats how its been for my family!

Maybe! Soarin' still gets me every single time, but FOP is also way more realistic.

I sometimes put it on before I go to bed, it's so feel good it makes me fall asleep all warm and fuzzy :lovestruc Metaphorical footage of me falling asleep:

K1Iz.gif

Ooh good! I was considering this for my upcoming trip (with two Star Wars-loving, and dessert-loving guys) Looking forward to your review :goodvibes

We still watch Full House on a regular basis. Such wholesome family goodness.
Well, I'm not a Star Wars fan at all, but I appreciated this event.

Mickey pretzel with cheese equals :cloud9:
You really can't go wrong with processed cheese product from a plastic cup, right?

LOL - I read that he didn't want any and looked at the photo and was like - huh, he didn't want any - I went back and reread what you wrote - then scrolled to this comment.

Aww....the ladies first rule. My DH knows that if we are seated with others, he sits next to them.
Yep. Didn't want any, but couldn't keep his grubby hands off.

I really enjoyed FoP too. The SB queue looks so incredible, I *almost* wish I had done it once SB, but I only did it in the FP queue. My daughter probably wouldn't have appreciated the SB queue, but I would have.
The NRJ boat ride was nice, but I think I would only do it with FP or less than 30 minute wait.
You know, I have never had a Mickey pretzel. Something else to put on my "to try" list. Why does that list seem to get bigger, even after trying a few new things on my last trip :laughing:
The queue was so well done, but having done it both ways I would happily skip that long line and details just to get right to the ride.
You have never had a Mickey pretzel? It's a novelty! Honestly, I've never had a Mickey ice cream bar. It's just ice cream coated in chocolate. I'd rather spend my credits on things like dole whips or ice cream sundaes with peanut butter sauce.

I do see his hand and more importantly I spy CHEESE!!!! Is this number 27 of the trip :P

Oh me too, though even the closing of the eyes doesn't help me. I always feel like we are going to go upside down.

Cant' wait to see what you thought about this

I'm lazy on my quotes.
You're close. Maybe number 32.
I did discover that I do better on EE at night. Not sure why, but it was so much better.
We've eaten at Y&Y quite a few times, but you may not like what I have to say, heh.

Well, Doggone It! Day 3, Part 3

If my beloved was looking for an afternoon of rest at The Boardwalk Inn, he was going to be sorely disappointed. Once we went back to the resort, I broke the news that we were attending the Star Wars Dessert Party (I can't remember the proper name, and I don't feel like looking it up, sorry.) I expected squealing and excitement, but he told me he had suspected this was his surprise. Really? You can't humor me for this?

So, we put on our adorable matching shirts, which I have no pictures of except PhotoPass so I'll have to post those later. They were Chewbacca and Porg and were to the theme of "soft kitty" from Big Bang Theory. We took the boat over to Hollywood Studios and were told that our check in time for the party was 7:00. I thought it was 5:30, but she assured me it was 7. Rule number 1 of attending important parties: CMs aren't always right.

Wait times for the evening were pretty high so we just meandered. I needed my traditional photo with my snowy friend. I call him Irvin.

snowman.jpg

I can't remember if I mentioned that I managed to snag a TSM FP or not. This was around 6:20, which was enough time before our 7:00 check-in (*grumble grumble*) for the party. Problem was, we still had over an hour before our beginning time for the FP. What to do, what to do?

So, we decided to go check out Toy Story Land and see what the wait was for Slinky Dog Dash. 80 minutes. I looked at Jason and he gave me that same "You Serious, Clark?" expression from that morning because he knew I was going to get in line. I can tell you the queue was not as fun. The wait ended up being 65 minutes, which was probably the 2nd longest line I have ever stood in but I really wanted to ride this. I really enjoyed SDD, and I was glad we were able to experience it!

After we left Slinky, we still had more time to waste so we went down to Alien Swirling Saucers even though I had a FP for it the next morning. The wait was 40 minutes, though it didn't look that long. It was. I thought this was fun, but I definitely do not feel like it was worth the wait.

Finally, it was time to head over to TSM. We always have so much fun on this attraction, and I like it far more than Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at MK. I really do feel like the new land is well done, and I had fun exploring all the oversize toys and trinkets that decorate it. Thankfully, though, it was a cooler day because I think it would have been less comfortable on a hot, blazing day.

At 7:15 we arrived at the Launch Bay only to be told we could have checked in way earlier. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was totally my fault. We should have just gone over there so that Jason could hang out at the bay to explore all the cool props and we would have been there on time. We were told we were at table 43 with other people. Our table was right by the buffet, which was awesome.

I'm a pretty shy and reserved individual, but my job has helped me come out of my shell quite a bit. Still, I think table sharing can be a bit awkward. Our table-mates, though, were around our age and I feel like we were instant friends. Jason and I really enjoyed talking with them. Shout out!

So, we had about 30 minutes to enjoy the party before we had to meet Kylo Ren and go outside for fireworks. We loaded up our plates and drinks quickly.

SWpartydessert.jpg swpartydessert2.jpg swpartydessert3.jpg swpartydrinks.jpg swpartyfood.jpg

We ate as much and as quickly as we could before the interaction with Kylo Ren. I told him I liked the dark side so he changed his line a little and said something about me joining their side. It was cool.

We had just enough time to grab a soda before we lined up for our Darth Vader steins and went outside for VIP viewing. We found a nice spot right in front and a little to the right where we chatted with an older couple. The show came on and this non-Star Wars fan was in complete awe. Wow! This was seriously amazing! I loved how the fireworks and lights matched up with the clips they were showing. Jason said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen and he wanted to do it again. Yes!!!! I finally scored a win with him!

So, overall, what did I think about the party? I felt like it was really rushed, but that was because we got there so late. That was partially my fault. Next time, we would go early to check out the Launch Bay and then just go down to the party. As for the food selections, there was quite a bit to choose from. Admittedly, I ate so quickly that I'm not entirely sure I truly savored everything I ate. I wish there had been a few more savory options because we did not have dinner that night, but it is a dessert party. I also wish they had continued with the Star Wars theme of the food like they used to. I did not care for the alcohol that I tried, though I appreciate it was included. I was also happy to have all the drink selections of the sodas, juice, and water. I liked the private interaction with Kylo Ren and that we did not have to wait in line for that. Jason enjoyed the Darth Vader souvenir. Of course, I thought the show was fantastic, and I was grateful to have such a good view. Lastly, it was so nice to have a designated table, and we did not have to try to find a table on our own. I could just set my things down and go back to the buffet without worrying that someone else would try to take our seats.

Bottom line- I think we would do this again! It was expensive, but there was food, drink, entertainment, and gifts so I think it was worth the extra price tag. My husband asks for so little when it comes to vacations so for him to have such a great time was totally worth it. He just now told me again how much he loved the show and wanted to do it again.

Total Steps: 17, 150
Miles: 7.72

I'm a pretty shy and reserved individual, but my job has helped me come out of my shell quite a bit. Still, I think table sharing can be a bit awkward. Our table-mates, though, were around our age and I feel like we were instant friends. Jason and I really enjoyed talking with them. Shout out!
That's awesome! Sharing a table makes me nervous, so I'm glad it worked out really well for you!

We had just enough time to grab a soda before we lined up for our Darth Vader steins and went outside for VIP viewing. We found a nice spot right in front and a little to the right where we chatted with an older couple. The show came on and this non-Star Wars fan was in complete awe. Wow! This was seriously amazing! I loved how the fireworks and lights matched up with the clips they were showing. Jason said it was the coolest thing he had ever seen and he wanted to do it again. Yes!!!! I finally scored a win with him!
Isn't the show fantastic? I'm glad Jason loved it.

Bottom line- I think we would do this again! It was expensive, but there was food, drink, entertainment, and gifts so I think it was worth the extra price tag. My husband asks for so little when it comes to vacations so for him to have such a great time was totally worth it. He just now told me again how much he loved the show and wanted to do it again.
Yay for an awesome surprise! Glad it was worth it, and that your husband loved it. :)

We did the Star Wars party last year on 12/30, and it didn't start until 10:30pm :faint: (Jingle Bell Jingle Bam ran first, and they added the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and party only a few weeks ahead of time)

It also did not have designated tables OR chairs at that time. We'd already been at DHS for over 12 hours that day, so I ended the night pretty grouchy, LOL!! I would have MUCH preferred your earlier party!! I'm glad you guys loved it enough to potentially do it again, that's awesome!

It's a shame they removed the theming from the food! That's one of my favorite things about dessert parties.

I would love to do the Star Wars dessert party. But since nobody else in my family likes Star Wars at all, I think 4 tickets would probably be wasted and not worth the cost. Maybe something for me to do on my own sometime, or I could drag my wife along. My daughters wouldn't eat enough to make it worth my while either. Did you see many kids at the party?

It's a shame you were rushed, but I'm glad you enjoyed the party. We aren't SW fans so we haven't done this dessert party but I have clients who've done it and they all love it :) I do think from pictures/reviews I've seen, that the SW dessert party and the Frozen dessert party look to have some of the best desserts of all the dessert parties. We did the Wishes one years ago and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM the first year they had it. I thought the desserts at JBJB were decent but nobody else in the family was impressed so I've kind of leaned away from dessert parties since then :(

I can't be bothered with the dessert parties. I find you can usually get good viewing spots for most shows without having to show up too early - and I'm not enough of a sweets fan to make it worth it. It's nice that they give you a souvenir mug and a M&G. I'm sure it's cool for a SW fan.

Too bad about the CM giving you incorrect directions. WDW CM are usually pretty good, but they still get stuff wrong. (At least compared to Universal, where being told the wrong thing seems to be the norm.) As you said, lesson learned.

I will say they did a great job with the show. I am very impressed how they use an area that isn't really set up very well for shows to do something like that.

SCORE!!!!!! While it may not have been a surprise, it sounds like your hubby really did enjoy the party!!!!! So happy for you both.

Such a bummer you guys were so rushed for the party, but sounds like you had a great time anyway. I'm not a fan of table-sharing either. When Mike and I did this party in 2017, we didn't quite click with our stablemates like you did. We kind of just kept to ourselves and they did too. It was slightly awkward :sad2:

That's awesome! Sharing a table makes me nervous, so I'm glad it worked out really well for you!

Isn't the show fantastic? I'm glad Jason loved it.

Yay for an awesome surprise! Glad it was worth it, and that your husband loved it. :)
I'm so glad he enjoyed it, too! Yes, I get nervous about sharing tables, though I'm a little more comfortable than he is because of my job. It's kind of the same way at Teppan Edo.

We did the Star Wars party last year on 12/30, and it didn't start until 10:30pm :faint: (Jingle Bell Jingle Bam ran first, and they added the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular show and party only a few weeks ahead of time)

It also did not have designated tables OR chairs at that time. We'd already been at DHS for over 12 hours that day, so I ended the night pretty grouchy, LOL!! I would have MUCH preferred your earlier party!! I'm glad you guys loved it enough to potentially do it again, that's awesome!
Yes! You know the proper name, thank you! I would have been more panicked if we didn't have designated seats. I think if you're paying that much for a food party, tables and chairs should be provided to make it more comfortable.

It's a shame they removed the theming from the food! That's one of my favorite things about dessert parties.
Yeah, light saber cheese skewers would have been cute.

I would love to do the Star Wars dessert party. But since nobody else in my family likes Star Wars at all, I think 4 tickets would probably be wasted and not worth the cost. Maybe something for me to do on my own sometime, or I could drag my wife along. My daughters wouldn't eat enough to make it worth my while either. Did you see many kids at the party?
I did see some kids, though I think the majority were adults. Then again, I kept my head down at the table most of the time. It definitely wasn't swarming with children, though. I would think kids would enjoy Frozen or the HEA party more, though I know plenty of kids who love Star Wars. I can tell you, though, as someone who is NOT a Star Wars fan, I still thought it was pretty awesome so even if your wife isn't much of a fan she may still find it enjoyable.

It's a shame you were rushed, but I'm glad you enjoyed the party. We aren't SW fans so we haven't done this dessert party but I have clients who've done it and they all love it :) I do think from pictures/reviews I've seen, that the SW dessert party and the Frozen dessert party look to have some of the best desserts of all the dessert parties. We did the Wishes one years ago and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM the first year they had it. I thought the desserts at JBJB were decent but nobody else in the family was impressed so I've kind of leaned away from dessert parties since then :(
Should I take a trip in, say, December I may have entertained the idea of JBJB, but I don't think it is appealing enough to pay extra for it. I thought there was enough of a variety at the party and while we rushed through it, we didn't leave hungry. Did we eat enough to justify the cost? Probably not, but as a whole it was worth it.

I can't be bothered with the dessert parties. I find you can usually get good viewing spots for most shows without having to show up too early - and I'm not enough of a sweets fan to make it worth it. It's nice that they give you a souvenir mug and a M&G. I'm sure it's cool for a SW fan.

Too bad about the CM giving you incorrect directions. WDW CM are usually pretty good, but they still get stuff wrong. (At least compared to Universal, where being told the wrong thing seems to be the norm.) As you said, lesson learned.

I will say they did a great job with the show. I am very impressed how they use an area that isn't really set up very well for shows to do something like that.
We are human, and we are prone to mistakes. I wish we had been given the correct information, but it's okay. I wasn't going to go throw a big stink about it. We still got to enjoy it, and that's all that matters.
I agree with you! That big, open space turned out to be the perfect projection screen.

SCORE!!!!!! While it may not have been a surprise, it sounds like your hubby really did enjoy the party!!!!! So happy for you both.
That is kind of the dynamic if our relationship. So, for Christmas, I told him we should forgo gifts for each other because we went on such an extravagant trip. He agreed, but he wanted a really expensive hockey jersey. It was on sale for Black Friday so I got it for him. His retaliation? Concert tickets for next October. So, the war was on. We've given each other something just about every day since then even though we keep saying no more gifts. It's little things, but it keeps us on our toes. We tend to ruin surprises for each other, but we have fun doing it. He did get me a 2019 Birnbaum's WDW book because I've gotten one every year since 2006. Hint, hint?

Such a bummer you guys were so rushed for the party, but sounds like you had a great time anyway. I'm not a fan of table-sharing either. When Mike and I did this party in 2017, we didn't quite click with our stablemates like you did. We kind of just kept to ourselves and they did too. It was slightly awkward :sad2:
It does make it awkward! We tend to do Teppan Edo every time we go. Sometimes we just keep to ourselves or sometimes we click with other people. When it's a really intimate setting like a small table with 4 chairs and you're practically in each others' laps, it does make it just a little more weird if you don't connect. Thankfully, we avoided that.

Having a Rockin' Good Time- Day Four, Hollywood Studios

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Points to whoever knows the reference!

It has been a very busy season not only at home, but at work as well. I failed to put up my Christmas Tree after I went out and bought a new one because Ellie ate ours last year. I have nothing wrapped, but I did manage to hang the girls' stockings today. Yeah, I'm talking about stockings for the two dogs and the ferret. We don't have human children so, you know, my money goes toward them. I don't know about where you all are, but it's been super rainy and gross here. In Tennessee, we have mudmen instead of snowmen because of all the rain and mud. Ick.

Anyway, I did want to stop and wish you all a joyous holiday. May your homes be filled with love and laughter and memories to cherish for years to come.
mickeychristmas.gif

November 4th- Hollywood Studios

I didn't listen. @Dis_Yoda told me that we would not be able to walk or take a boat to Hollywood Studios today because of the race. I forgot. So, we slept until almost 8:00, got ready, and walked down to the Boardwalk only to be greeted by runners. We stood around and cheered on the racers for a little while before we went to the bakery for breakfast. Jason decided he didn't want anything, but I wanted a strawberry cupcake to start my day.
Boardwalkcupcake.jpg
We cheered for a while longer before we finally crossed over to the boat ramp. The CM asked if we were going to Epcot, but I told him HS. He said it was closed, and there would be a bus. Drat! She told me that! Jason asked me what I was muttering about when I was mumbling something about "she told me there would be a bus," but I feigned illness and kept walking. We barely made the bus, and were packed in like sardines, but the driver told us since we were the last two to just push ourselves in. Jason had to squish his toes back over the line to fit, and I felt like a Disney sandwich, but we made it.

Thankfully, it was a super short ride over.

First order of business was to head with the masses toward TSL. We bypassed everyone else to go to our FP for Alien Swirling Saucers. We had already ridden it standby the night before, but I wasn't going to waste it.
alien.jpg
I think this is all fun and games until someone gets an elbow thrown into their kidney and crushed up against the side of the vehicle. Oh, well, I guess I have two.

We didn't stick around in that mess. We decided to go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Look, I enjoy this show, but how can they leave out Kiss the Girl???? It's iconic!
VLM.jpg

We had a FP for my favorite ride at HS: Rockin' Roller Coaster. I love this ride so much! On our way over, I saw them: the coveted cream cheese pretzels. So, I used to get these at MK at The Lunching Pad, but they stopped serving them, and I haven't seen them since. I darted like a bee to honey and told my husband if he wanted some, he needed his own. Mama don't share cream cheese pretzels.
creamcheesepretzel.jpg
Satisfied, we turned in our FP+ and hit the highway with Aerosmith. This failed to disappoint, and I wish I could ride it over and over and over and over again.

kermit.jpg
After leaving the coolest concert, we went to hang out with Kermit and friends. This area disappoints me so for lacking in Muppet theme. Rizzos is closed. The "Muppet store" barely has any Muppet merchandise. I feel like every visit, the Muppets become less and less. I'm afraid one day, they will be wiped out altogether. I know they recently tried to revive them with the television show, but it flopped terribly. I grew up with these characters, and I will be sad to see them go, but I think they'll eventually fade away. So, we pay tribute and watch the fun 3-D show whenever we can.

It was then time for our lunch at Mama Melrose. We do enjoy eating here.
MMbreadoil.jpg MMflatbread.jpg MMchickenparm.jpg MMpenne.jpg
I'm at photo limit so to see the rest from MM, you'll have to hop over to my dining report. Just don't do it yet. I'm not ready.

After a delicious lunch, we stopped by the Launch Bay for our Visa character spot to meet with Kylo Ren again. BB-8 was out, though, and I really wanted to meet him because Jason calls me Bebe, and it's become a little joke between us. He was only a 10 minute wait, and we had so much fun interacting with the little guy. I'll get my PP photos loaded eventually.

Finally, it was time for the last FP of the day: Star Tours. Neither of us handle this attraction very well. We've been sick on it before, but because he loves Star Wars, I thought he may want to try it again. We got the same seen we got back in 2015, I think. And, we were both so dizzy and nauseated we felt like crawling off the ride. We've declared that we are officially done with this attraction. Sad to say.

We decided to go back to The Boardwalk for a rest afterwards. We were walking toward the boat when the rain started. Neither of us get very fussy in the rain so we calmly waited until our turn to board.

Up next: an evening back at Epcot with my favorite little purple dragon and a traditional meal.

On our way over, I saw them: the coveted cream cheese pretzels.

Where can I find these?!

And, we were both so dizzy and nauseated we felt like crawling off the ride.

I rarely get motion sickness on rides but that one does it to me! I’m not regretting having skipped it on our last trip.

Looking forward to reading more and will hop to the dining report when it’s ready!!

Where can I find these?!!
I cannot remember the name of the kiosk, but I think it has something about "rockin'" in it. When you are headed toward RNRC and go under the limo, to the right is a small kiosk that sells pretzels. They are over there. It's almost directly across from the entrance to the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter