thinking about a trip in December ...

Ruca

Earning My Ears
my wife and i are thinking about going to Orlando in December. Any suggestion on tying in Universal into the mix?

Must see Christmas stuff?

Thanks.

My husband and I are going to WDW December 10 thru 19th. We are thinking about booking a trip to Universal, too. We have done the one day, one park with purchased EP's before, and we have done the overnight stay at a deluxe resort with free EP's and 2 days admission.
Haven't made our minds up yet. Each trip worked out well for what we wanted at the time.
I am leaning toward going for overnight, free EP's, 2 days at Universal this time. It only costs us $188.00 more to stay overnight. One night at RPR is $308 with taxes, zero for EP's, $265 for 2 day PH tickets totals $573.00. One day at Universal Studios only for 2 is tickets, $205.00 and 2 EP"s $180.00. Totals: $385.00. So we need to decide if we want 2 days or just a day trip to one park. We like the studios more than IOA.
It surprised me how little a 2 days stay is. We would do this in the middle of our WDW stay.
Hope this helps.
As far as Christmas dec's? Have never been in December before, so no help there.

My husband and I are going to WDW December 10 thru 19th. We are thinking about booking a trip to Universal, too. We have done the one day, one park with purchased EP's before, and we have done the overnight stay at a deluxe resort with free EP's and 2 days admission.
Haven't made our minds up yet. Each trip worked out well for what we wanted at the time.
I am leaning toward going for overnight, free EP's, 2 days at Universal this time. It only costs us $188.00 more to stay overnight. One night at RPR is $308 with taxes, zero for EP's, $265 for 2 day PH tickets totals $573.00. One day at Universal Studios only for 2 is tickets, $205.00 and 2 EP"s $180.00. Totals: $385.00. So we need to decide if we want 2 days or just a day trip to one park. We like the studios more than IOA.
It surprised me how little a 2 days stay is. We would do this in the middle of our WDW stay.
Hope this helps.
As far as Christmas dec's? Have never been in December before, so no help there.

very helpful thanks!

I would definitely look at the deluxe resort for the EPs. We're going for the first time Dec 5-12 (we'll be going to SeaWorld and attending a MCMCP as well) and RPR was only $188/night, which I thought wasn't a bad rate even if you didn't factor in the EPs, with them it seems pretty great to me. As far as Christmas stuff from what I've been able to glean they decorate the Harry Potter sections in ways that are as much about Harry Potter as they are about Christmas, do a holiday light show on the castle in the evenings and do holiday versions of some of the smaller HP shows. There's a Grinchmas show and M&Gs with the Grinch and Whos and the decorations in Seussland in general are supposed to be quite impressive. Over in USO they do the Macy's Christmas parade and have Mannheim Steamroller concerts in the evenings on weekends. The general consensus seems to be that there's a little less fulltime Christmas than at Disney, but we're going to go to SeaWorld to do the Christmas shows and attending a MVMCP so I'm sure we'll have plenty of Christmas

We are going to be going to WDW Dec 9-19 with a first stop at USO/IOA for 2 days staying at RPR. Have always done a Universal Day when we visit Disney, kids love it and will continue to do so. This will be first time we stay on sight at Universal, and got the RPR just for the rate and the free EP was the kicker for us since that made the most sense money wise. TBH we are finding that our trips to Orlando are including more and more things NOT Disney than Disney. This year we are going to swim with Dolphins and do Sea World for a day. Last trip we took 2 days away for the Disney bubble and spent time at Universal and Legoland and Busch Gardens. Disney thinks they have a corner on the market there but there is lots to offer in Orlando area besides Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter