Thinking about a trip to CA- help!

Ilovemyprincesses

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been to CA since I was a child. I have a family member moving to Palm Springs and we would spend a few days there. I have 2 teen daughters so we were thinking of maybe Disneyland? I’m not sure? What would be fun for 2 teens? How far is Disneyland from Palm Springs? I have been to Disney world a few times but I have no idea about Disneyland. We would be flying cross country. Staying 5 to 7 days?

For DLR, start with this classic thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. That will give you a good idea of the similarities and differences between WDW and DLR so you'll have some idea of what to expect. Next, when were you thinking about visiting? SWGE is expected to open next summer. That will be a game changer regarding crowds at DLR. There are several threads going right now by people planning trips next summer -- some want to see SWGE and some want to avoid it at all costs. There are no wrong answers here, but your planning will be critical to the success of your trip if you plan to visit after SWGE opens. Palm Springs isn't close to DLR -- and the general advice here, especially for a first visit, is to stay walking distance from the parks. (www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/) For a first visit, 3 days is the minimum suggested -- but up to 5 days is better if you want to have a more relaxed pace, if you will be visiting during a peak crowd time, if you like TS meals or character meals or tours and things like that, etc. Get park hoppers -- hopping is a breeze at DLR and really helps make the most of your visit. With teens and no strollers, hopping will be so easy.
Take a look at the Disneyland (California) forum -- that's our trip planning forum for DLR. You can look at recent threads, ask all your DLR questions, get ideas and suggestons, etc.
Happy planning for a great trip!

What time of year? It's starting to cool down now, but Palm Springs is still going to be really hot until mid November.

If traffic is good (no sure thing in Southern California) it should take less than two hours to get to Disneyland. Another option is Joshua Tree National Park. There's a water park in Palm Springs, but I think it will be closed by the middle of October.

https://www.wetnwildpalmsprings.com

Out by Palm Springs: Cabazon Outlet Mall might be fun for 2 teen girls. With teens, you could easily spend a whole day there shopping.

The aerial tram at Palm Springs is really fun, although if you're trying to escape winter weather it might not be your thing since it'll take you up to a (possibly) snowy mountain top. https://www.pstramway.com/

If you want to do DL I'd go and stay close the night before to get an early start in the parks. I'd personally hate to fight morning traffic before a DL trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!