Thinking about solo trip

disneycrazed139

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking that solo trip would be really cool, but sometimes I like to share special moments with someone and tend to get lonely. Do solos out there ever meet up for a lunch or any other way for example? Are there any groups?

I think you've found the perfect place to make some friends and possibly plan some meals &/or events togther. I've made many solo trips but have usually met up with several net friends while there.

One activity that I've found help breaks the ice is pin trading. It gets both Guests and CM's to chat with you for a while. It has also lead to many friendships.

As I tell other people, I may travel to/from my destination alone but I'm not always alone during my vacation. WDW is a great place for solo travel.

Having done solo trips three times (so far), as Nike says, just do it! Myself, I never get lonely, although sometimes I do listen in to the excitement of little ones who've just gone on that "special ride" or seen Mickey for the first time. I'll bet if you planned a trip, then posted on this board, you could meet some fellow DISsers for lunch or tea or whatever.

Welcome to the Adult / Solo Traveler board. This is exactly what I think this board is here to do.

Here is a thread that addressed that very question a while back. Take a look through that discussion and then check out the Dining Central link below and the links on it for the month that you are planning to be at WDW. These threads were started specifically to address dining alone, or not as the case may be. September is a very active month for us. There are a number of lunch and dinner meets planned. You will see other months with meal plans as well. If you are going and don't see plans already made, jump in and let people know what your plans are and see if you can find some others that are interested in getting together.

What do you do for dinners when solo?

** Link up for meals on our Dining Central threads

Good luck.

Hi Disneycrazed139!

I think that WDW is the best place to eat solo. Everyone is very nice and many times people at the table next to me usually always strike up a conversation.

Sometimes, I must admit that I feel a bit lonely. But it doesn't last long. There's always someone or some thing that will bring a smile to my face. Be positive and plan on having a good time.

And as Bob says, this is a good place to see who is going to be at WDW when you'll be there and what others are planning.

I went to my first DIS meet and I didn't know anyone. But when we saw each other, it was like meeting old friends and we talked and laughed for hours.

Have a great time.

Ray :)

What a great board and website. I've been going to DW for more than ten years with most of my trips solo. I never imagined their would be a board like this where people like ourselves can talk and meet at DW. I currently live in Ft. Lauderdale but am buying a home in Celebration. I'm guessing DIS means 'Disney (?) solo". I'm also a DVC member and initialy felt that I would not need the DVC if I lived ten minutes from the Magic. However, I've since found several places I would like to go to such as HH and the "Dorchester" in London. I would be interested in meeting solos in September but I'm a little confused on where and how to identify one another. I just found this website and have been perusing through the different topics.

wazfuz, welcome to the DIS!! It is a great site with an incredible amount of information. Check out all the boards. I personally think that this is one of the best for me but I do spend a lot of time on others as well.

As for identifying each other at WDW, a Lime Green ribbon is the standard method. People wear them on shirts, caps, fanny packs, etc. I've seen a lot of people talking about going and wearing their ribbon and never seeing another. Although we feel that we are a big community here on the DIS, and we are, compared to the number of people in the parks each day we really aren't that big.

The best way to meet others from the DIS is to plan a meal or a meet here on the boards.

Check out the Dining Central Threads here. ** Link up for meals on our Dining Central threads

Check out the Illuminations Cruise Central Threads either here or on the Theme Park Board. ***Illuminations Cruises-what they are and how to book one-Find one to share***

Check for threads on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board and the Community Board for information on "meets" and "who's going" for each month.

Post here on the Adults and Solo Trips Central threads to tell us when you are going and see who else will be there when you are.

So you can see, these are just a few examples of ways to find others that are there when you are. Keep checking and posting. You might just find yourself planning a get together before you know it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!