Thinking of Christmas

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
Times are bad and sad right now. How about a more cheery topic with thoughts to Christmas? What does everyone think they will be doing for Christmas this year? Any special presents you are looking for? Goods to bake?

I imagine it will be a quiet Christmas with just my family and Dad but I really don't mind that for once. I discovered I had $125 in LEGO points that had almost expired. I'm so glad I found that out before I lost them. My daughter loves Lego and likes the season winter sets. She would love the Diagon Alley set (it is gorgeous!) but check out the price! :scared: Not happening. Last year was a Gingerbread House set, which she did not get so I bought it for her this year. Ohh, I also purchased a 3D Stitch (brickworks) for her. I also discovered an 3D lego style Scrat holding an acorn and couldn't resist purchasing it for my husband. He loves squirrels and looks forward the most to seeing Scrat in the Ice Age movies. I can't wait for him to open that. I need to figure out presents for everyone else.

scrat.jpgstitch.jpg

How about advent calendars? Last year someone (on DIS) posted about a Bonne Maman calendar. It was the first time I heard about it but it was sold out on Amazon.ca. Yesterday, I found the new 2020 ones in Costco!! $29.99 no taxes. So happy! I bought three of these. My Dad loves Bonne Maman jam. I'll surprise him with one of the calendars on December 1st. It comes with 23 little 1 oz (23 ml) jars of DIFFERENT jams and 1 of honey. Including flavours which Bonne Maman does not sell normally, like Apricot with Lavender; Cherry with Christmas spice; Lemon & Yuzu. I will probably give the other one to my brother & sister-in-law and I'm definitely keeping one for myself (lol) Photos are on my phone so I'll throw them up in a minute.

20200929_161418.jpg
20200929_161441.jpg

Last edited:
I want that stitch!!! Also, which Costco had the jam advent calendar? My husband would like that!
Oh, and the Diagon Alley...wowza! I want it too!!!
My kids have the Disney Castle and Hogwarts castle. I'm hoping Santa brings them the Disney train!
Great post!

Not much in the way of plans. Quiet Christmas just the five of us. We will still bake up a storm—snowballs, moose farts, shortbread, chocolate peppermint cookies, ricotta cookies, gingerbread men...probably more. I told the kids we will do half batches for greater variety.

Christmas dinner will be casual. Not sure what I’ll cook yet. I anticipate lots of Christmas movies and meals by the tv.

I honestly do t mind that we won’t be visiting family for Christmas. I find that aspect of the holiday the least appealing—very draining. This year will be nice. I will miss our Christmas party. That is the one day a year that all my friends are in the same place at the same time.

My kids all want books for Christmas. Will start that shopping soon on Amazon. Stockings are always fun.

Christmas honestly doesn’t worry me. We will make merry no matter what.

I want that stitch!!! Also, which Costco had the jam advent calendar? My husband would like that!
Oh, and the Diagon Alley...wowza! I want it too!!!
My kids have the Disney Castle and Hogwarts castle. I'm hoping Santa brings them the Disney train!
Great post!

I know, right? Part of me wants to purchase Diagon Alley so badly but I just can't. I wish LEGO products were cheaper. They have so many great sets that we'd love to buy, build and display on shelves in the rec room.

I bought the calendars at the Oshawa Costco location yesterday. They will probably go fast. I was hoping to find another advent calendar that has little chocolate bottles filled with liqeuers but I didn't see such a thing there.

Not much in the way of plans. Quiet Christmas just the five of us. We will still bake up a storm—snowballs, moose farts, shortbread, chocolate peppermint cookies, ricotta cookies, gingerbread men...probably more. I told the kids we will do half batches for greater variety.

Christmas dinner will be casual. Not sure what I’ll cook yet. I anticipate lots of Christmas movies and meals by the tv.

I honestly do t mind that we won’t be visiting family for Christmas. I find that aspect of the holiday the least appealing—very draining. This year will be nice. I will miss our Christmas party. That is the one day a year that all my friends are in the same place at the same time.

My kids all want books for Christmas. Will start that shopping soon on Amazon. Stockings are always fun.

Christmas honestly doesn’t worry me. We will make merry no matter what.

Ok, I need to ask.. What are moose farts?! They sound like something I have to make just so I can tell people what they are! Ohh and ricotta cookies? What goes in those? Half batches for variety is a great idea.

Yes, that is it exactly! Which is why I won't mind (read: looking forward to) a quieter Christmas this year. It can get a bit too hectic sometimes. I'm looking forward to lots of movies, video games, a couple of board games, and reading. I haven't had a chance to play Minecraft in months now.

Oh I love all things Christmas ! I am pretty sure we will bubble with my dd23 and her boyfriend ( they have their own home ), but I don’t know that we will be able to visit extended family. We always always have Christmas morning with my inlaws and Christmas afternoon with my parents but I just don’t know what will be possible. I don’t mind that we won’t be running around to extended family events but we will see all the grandparents , even if we have to stand on the lawn.
We were able to secure a PS5 on preorder which my ds16 will be VERY excited about. My DH and daughter and her boyfriend will all enjoy that and I imagine we will play with our stuff all day and have a nice dinner at home this year.

Love that Bonne Maman advent calendar, saw it mentioned on my FB feed this morning, definitely will look out for it.

We preordered the PS5 also, not sure if we will be opening it up right when it arrives or not. I think DH is more excited about it than my son, lol.

Also, which Costco had the jam advent calendar?
I will have to have my nephews girlfriend look for that advent calendar at the Ajax Costco.
I know, right? Part of me wants to purchase Diagon Alley so badly but I just can't. I wish LEGO products were cheaper. They have so many great sets that we'd love to buy, build and display on shelves in the rec room.

I bought the calendars at the Oshawa Costco location yesterday. They will probably go fast. I was hoping to find another advent calendar that has little chocolate bottles filled with liqeuers but I didn't see such a thing there.
The Ajax Costco has had the advent calendars in since beginning of September as my nephews girlfriend bought his back then.
Last year I bought myself the Friends one and I found it boring so I did not get one this year.

So not Christmas related but American Thanksgiving related. For years now my friends and I have gotten together and celebrated American Thanksgiving the Saturday after their Thanksgiving. You know a way to have more turkey. Well we won't be having that this year so my Brother was thinking of getting in touch with a local caterer and having them make up 10 individually wrapped turkey dinners and we will pick them up and deliver them to everybodies house that Saturday. We know that caterers in the region are offering meals now for our Thanksgiving so we know that they can do it. Orders for 10 people with take up a whole turkey (I am sure) so just have to check it out. It will be pricey but everybody can celebrate together but apart.

Did someone say Jingle Bells???:santa:
I posted about this year's Christmas on another thread,,,yep my favorite time of the year.
We are doing a backyard Christmas Bonfire.
Each family brings their own supplies.
We will be together but socially distanced.

Today I ordered
Sparklers from Giant Tiger-curbside pick up
Mystic Magic fire pit color and marshmallow sticks to make smores from Amazon
I emailed Dollar Tree Canada about some lawn decorations
Hot Pockets (Hand warmers) from Canadian Tire - curbside pickup.
Java Fire logs from Canadian Tire -curbside pick up.

Hmmm I love Judy's idea .
I know Palma Pasta does cater and everyone in my family loves their food.

It will be a different type of planning but I am up to the challenge.
https://palmapasta.com/
I will say I hope my sons make a Christmas stocking for me because it just wouldn't be Christmas without one.

Oh my Gosh I just realized I may not have this accessory for my Grinch Village!
https://www.retrofestive.ca/dept-56-the-grinch-whos-with-their-toys/

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Check out costco.ca for Lego sets, often priced a bit cheaper than elsewhere and sometimes there are bonus exclusive sets. The Hogwarts Great Hall set is super cute! Wish my kids were still into Lego, it used to be so easy to shop for them.

OMG, I really hope that our Costco has the Bonne Maman advent calendars, DH would love it!

I'm the big Lego fan in our house but only the Creator Expert ones. DH has told me that until we solve the display issue that I can't get any more!

Right now I have:
Disney Castle
Disney Railroad
Detective's office
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant

And I am in the middle of building the Haunted House that I am going to try and "Disneyfy" to make a quasi-Haunted Mansion setup.

It's not a great picture, but here is all of my Lego set up in an homage to Disneyland earlier this year!

OMG, I really hope that our Costco has the Bonne Maman advent calendars, DH would love it!

I'm the big Lego fan in our house but only the Creator Expert ones. DH has told me that until we solve the display issue that I can't get any more!

Right now I have:
Disney Castle
Disney Railroad
Detective's office
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant

And I am in the middle of building the Haunted House that I am going to try and "Disneyfy" to make a quasi-Haunted Mansion setup.

It's not a great picture, but here is all of my Lego set up in an homage to Disneyland earlier this year!
View attachment 529057

OH MY Gosh I love your display!
I would so be adding mini white lights on it for Christmas.
Hugs
Mel

OH MY Gosh I love your display!
I would so be adding mini white lights on it for Christmas.
Hugs
Mel

They are not always set up like that, I'll take other pictures later to show my real setup. And I have a set of lights for the castle but I have to take the castle apart to install it and I am scared to start that project! The castle took me something like 19 hours to build!

They are not always set up like that, I'll take other pictures later to show my real setup. And I have a set of lights for the castle but I have to take the castle apart to install it and I am scared to start that project! The castle took me something like 19 hours to build!

I'd love to see more pictures.
Hugs
Mel

Did someone say Jingle Bells???:santa:
I posted about this year's Christmas on another thread,,,yep my favorite time of the year.
We are doing a backyard Christmas Bonfire.
Each family brings their own supplies.
We will be together but socially distanced.

Today I ordered
Sparklers from Giant Tiger-curbside pick up
Mystic Magic fire pit color and marshmallow sticks to make smores from Amazon
I emailed Dollar Tree Canada about some lawn decorations
Hot Pockets (Hand warmers) from Canadian Tire - curbside pickup.
Java Fire logs from Canadian Tire -curbside pick up.

Hmmm I love Judy's idea .
I know Palma Pasta does cater and everyone in my family loves their food.

It will be a different type of planning but I am up to the challenge.
https://palmapasta.com/
I will say I hope my sons make a Christmas stocking for me because it just wouldn't be Christmas without one.

Oh my Gosh I just realized I may not have this accessory for my Grinch Village!
https://www.retrofestive.ca/dept-56-the-grinch-whos-with-their-toys/

Hugs
Mel
I’m getting Palma Pasta for my birthday dinner in October!

Ok, I need to ask.. What are moose farts?! They sound like something I have to make just so I can tell people what they are! Ohh and ricotta cookies? What goes in those? Half batches for variety is a great idea.

Yes, that is it exactly! Which is why I won't mind (read: looking forward to) a quieter Christmas this year. It can get a bit too hectic sometimes. I'm looking forward to lots of movies, video games, a couple of board games, and reading. I haven't had a chance to play Minecraft in months now.
Moose farts are a Newfoundland dessert. Here’s the link to the recipe. Great website by the way.

https://www.rockrecipes.com/moose-farts/
Ricotta cookies are an iced cake like Italian cookie. My oldest daughter’s favourite.

https://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/ricotta-cookies.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!