Thinking of Christmas

Stressful day today BUT you know you have trained them well (sons) ,, when you say " listen I want you all to get into your cars and follow me. (No questions allowed).
They hesitated for about 1 minute before they all left the backyard and followed me in my car.

I wanted to show them a community outdoor spectacular creation.
I said if I can't have Disney World .... then let's go to Santa Land.

Well we got there the sun was just setting and the display wasn't lit yet.
I saw the homeowner and asked him what time does the display start and he said 15 minutes.
He then smiled at me and said but for you NOW!!!

Up went the 30 Ft Santa Clause and the Magic started. 🎅🏻
Merry Music, glowing lights, sparkles and great delight.
There was even a beautiful white magic castle.
It was just awesome ,,, so awesome!🎄

I thanked the man and told him how much joy and happiness he is bringing to people especially this year!
I felt so much joy in my heart sharing this with my family.
So there is Magic out there , you just might have to look a bit for it!!
Definitely one of the best memories of 2020 I will have.

Hugs
Mel

OMG MEL!!! I just tried to google where you might have been because we're within driving distance of your stomping grounds and I could seriously use some Christmas cheer right now and i found THIS!!!!

it says the address is " sixth line / munn’s avenue in Oakville " ....

Oh my gosh I love the one you found Jacqueline.
I'll have to check it out , thanks!
Mine is on 10th line just before Aquitaine Ave (west side of street) .
Hugs Mel

So I bought a couple of the Walmart bears to donate and I even made them masks so that they are all set to go. I made the masks an adult small so that the recipient can remove them and wear them themselves plus as a bonus they are reversible.
I actually bought 3 bears but am only giving away 2 because I really like the brown bear myself so he will join my collection of stuffies and yes he is the bear from the Walmart commercial who is trying to muster the troops.
These bears are much bigger than I had thought - they are over 20" high.
PC141162 bears.jpg

So I bought a couple of the Walmart bears to donate and I even made them masks so that they are all set to go. I made the masks an adult small so that the recipient can remove them and wear them themselves plus as a bonus they are reversible.
I actually bought 3 bears but am only giving away 2 because I really like the brown bear myself so he will join my collection of stuffies and yes he is the bear from the Walmart commercial who is trying to muster the troops.
These bears are much bigger than I had thought - they are over 20" high.

LOL-we LOVE that Walmart bear, he is pretty darn cute! The masks are great too!

OMG MEL!!! I just tried to google where you might have been because we're within driving distance of your stomping grounds and I could seriously use some Christmas cheer right now and i found THIS!!!!

it says the address is " sixth line / munn’s avenue in Oakville " ....

This year they have a Whoville display.

i have been watching too much british bake off lately...they’re constantly making meat pies and it made me think maybe i should try my hand at making a tourtiere this christmas. i’ve eaten them before but never made my own.

i could just look recipes up, but i figured i would check here first: any favourite recipes anyone is willing to share?

I use the Canadian Living recipe, just leave the mushrooms out.

I have a really simple recipe that was given to me by a friend from Northern Ontario. It uses ground pork, beef, savoury, salt, pepper, chopped onion, water. Really simple. Make enough for 3 large pies (I put some meat in the freezer to pull out later for another tourtiere). Let me know if you would like the exact amounts for the ingredients.

I have a really simple recipe that was given to me by a friend from Northern Ontario. It uses ground pork, beef, savoury, salt, pepper, chopped onion, water. Really simple. Make enough for 3 large pies (I put some meat in the freezer to pull out later for another tourtiere). Let me know if you would like the exact amounts for the ingredients.

I'd love more details :) thanks for sharing!

I'd love more details :) thanks for sharing!
Tourtiere (3 regular)

4lbs ground pork
2lbs ground beef
3 medium onions (chopped)
6 cups water
4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2tsp savoury (I love savoury so I always use more)

Add all ingredients to large pot. Bring to boil then simmer 2-2.5 hours (stir occasionally)
Skim off fat
Add 2-3 tbsp flour (I use potatoe flakes) to thicken

Put into pie shells (or I freeze the amount for a pie in a ziplock for later use)

Bake pie @425 F for 10 min, the 350 F for 30 min. I also brush the top of the crust with an egg wash before baking.

I serve this with a chunky tomato chutney (chili sauce).

Grinch Village Reno 2020

Next year I will be on the look out for a few accessories.
Sorry it's a bit lopsided... a student broke my camera last year.
Hugs Mel

iHkGipO.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter