• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thinking of getting a new computer-Help!!

sap1227

DIS Veteran
I know how to use a computer fairly well, but when it comes to what to look for when buying one, I do not even know where to start. I really just use the computer for fun and school. I do have a digital camera and a photo printer, so I will be using the computer to store and print photos.

What should I be looking for in terms of:
Processor Speed
What size hard drive
How much Memory

Thanks for the help!
Christy

Pretty much any brand new entry level machine should be fine for what you are trying to do.

The only really specific recommendation I would have for you is get a CD Burner so you can archive those digital photos (and any other documents that are important) That way if there is a problem with your computer you have those saved.

I would recommend a Dell, as they are some nice machines.

My mom just got a new Gateway system and my DH, DB and I helped her research her different option. One guide we used was Mossberg semiannual computer guide. The latest one appeared in yesterday's Wall Street Journal. Happy shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter